░ Chapter 21 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: I know it's only been a week but I literally feel like it's been forever hahaha A lot happened last chapter! We saw True form Demon Mark, a Rogue Doll, the girls ran away terrified and Chrysalis risked her life to appease the brooding monster and it seems the monster rather enjoyed it don't you think?

Do you think he's scary? What's the Rogue Doll's deal? CHRYS ARE YOU COO COO FOR COCOA PUFFS!?? Today, let's see how the girls are doing and let's finally open up that Demon Deity book, what do you say!? Hello new readers welcome to MY Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Somewhere in the depths of the Demon Realm
"UGH!!"

Glowing silver, she clutched her chest as the feeling of death washed over her body causing her legs to give out. She broke out in a cold sweat and she was breathing heavily in the dark as she once again saw and....felt... the clown Doll's death play over and over again in her mind.

"Mistress?"
"Enter"

The timid Doll walked into the vast room with a sad face.

"Anya has been killed Mistress."
"DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT!?"

She picked herself up weakly and turned to the cowaring Doll.

"I want revenge. I'll have that Demon's horns on my wall! Tell your sisters what has happened and leave me at once. I have planning to do....."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Glass crackled under Jaebeom's feet as he knelt to examine the corpse of the Rogue Doll that had intruded into the Tuan Manor. The garden was preoccupied by Demon Realm police conducting investigations.

Human looking Demons snapped photos of the various blood spatters, wreckage, and interviewed staff. Giant ogre like Demons with protruding muscles and crooked jaws held onto the thick chains of anxious Hell hounds as the demonic canines sensed where the Rogue Doll also passed by.

"He really showed no mercy huh"

Jinyoung came over with a black tarp and covered the mangled body and Jaebeom chuckled and shook his head. The Rogue Doll was so badly mutilated that they were completely unrecognizable. You wouldn't even believe this bloody pile of remains used to be a human.

The Grand Master blurred over to Mona's side where she stood near the shattered door as she overlooked the investigation with her face impassive.

"How are they doing?"
"They refuse to leave their rooms Master."

Last night the girls ran straight to Rea's room together and they refuse to leave it's protective confines. Mona could hear their cries of fear and whimpers and she frowned deeply but gave them space.

In all their years of being Dolls they were never exposed to a true Demon, especially their own Master who loved and cared for them for so long. It must've been quite a shock.

A true creature of nightmares Demons naturally exude an aura that immediately instills fear in all those who witness it, especially feeble humans.

"Where is he?"
"Master Mark? He refuses to shift back and has locked himself away in the basement."

Jaebeom rubbed his eyes exasperated and sighed deeply.

"And Chrysalis?"
"She has retired to her own bedroom. The commotion from last night left her exhausted."
"Does she know of what she is to become?"
"No sir, not yet"


"You're being a little Mark...."
"Yes I said you are over reacting......"
"Well it's your fault, you shouldn't pretend to be something you're not...."
"Well you should've shown them a long time ago idiot....."
"Growl at me again, I dare you...."


The giant black Demon growled with it's teeth exposed as Jackson continued to lecture it. After remembering itself last night the Demon roared and quickly unraveled itself from Chrysalis and charged straight for the basement leaving a trail of wreckage in it's wake.

All night it's been huddled in the corner of the dungeon like basement feeling guilty for terrifying his Dolls. The blood of the Rogue Doll was crusting on it's fangs and body and it further reminded him of the monstrous way he acted and he refused to shift back to normal.

The surrounding walls were decorated with his claw marks and the floor was shattered underneath him where he pounded it mercilessly to relieve his frustration.

He was a monster. That's all he was and all he'll ever be.

"Yah don't ignore me Mark! You need to man up and help out!" 

The Demon snorted and buried it's head into it's rock like forearms. Mark never wanted his Dolls to see what he really was. He didn't want them to live in fear of him, now he has completely obliterated their trust and shattered their image of him.

Jackson rolled his eyes and sighed annoyed. He had an idea but it was a really really bad one. He cracked his neck and stretched his arms out to loosen up and he scoffed and walked towards the exit slowly.

"Fine be that way. Stay locked up in this hole and feel sorry for yourself. I wonder where Chrysalis is? Maybe she'd like to finish what we started at the Ball before you so rudely interrupted...."

The Earth shook as the Demon roared menacingly and charged. Jackson's eyes blazed red, his fangs elongating and he quickly turned around and caught the Demon by it's horns as his own body exploded.

Looking like the devil himself Jackson's body morphed into his own massive True Demon Form. His skin became red and leathery and scarred with ancient symbols and designs. His shoulders widened exponentially with little black spikes protruding and his arms became as thick as Demon Mark's but they were pure muscle.

His legs morphed and became animal like, covered in black fur, and to withstand the force of the charge the giant onix claws of his feet dug into the ground. His short stubby tail wagged excitedly as he roared, like a T-rex, and his face elongated with a muzzle and razor sharp fangs gleamed in his mouth.

His eye holes sunk into his head and three red glowing orbs took the place of his eyeballs. Fire erupted from his head as his horns materialized, thick dark and ram like Demon Jackson flipped Demon Mark over his head and the force of the throw made the ceiling collapse as the massive black body crashed to the floor.

Mark quickly flipped over and charged again and this time rammed Jackson so hard both Demons began to glow their respective colors as they began to give into their monster like nature, completely leaving behind their conscious and reasoning.

Preparing for their next attack the door flew open and the iron shackles hanging on the walls came alive and trapped the Demons' arms and legs, tugging them to the floor and imprisoning them.

"ENOUGH! JESUS YOU TWO! HAVE SOME RESPECT!"

Jaebeom growled angrily with eyes blazing with Mona and Lady Lillith by his side. Mona's eyes lit up brighter as she made the chains tighten their holds and Jaebeom concentrated to keep the Demons from raising their heads with his telekinesis.

The monsters roared, shaking the entire manor, then finally accepting that they were stuck they calmed. Their glowing eyes dimmed and steam blew out of their nostrils as they relaxed.

"Master Mark I respect the way you are feeling right now but my manor is in ruin and I would appreciate it if you would repair it soon. I have meals to prepare."

Lillith bowed respectfully and Mark sighed. He shook his massive forearm weakly and Mona released the shackle and the giant cuff fell to the floor. He dug his claws into the ground and a blue light flooded from it.

The light traveled across the floor, the walls and soon the entire manor was glowing blue. The staff and Demons looked around in wonder as the wreckage began to sparkle and repair itself and once everything was back to normal the light dimmed and evaporated.

"Thank you Master"

Lillith bowed gratefully. He grunted and rolled his eyes and the head maid looked up and glared in warning. The Demon bared it's teeth as it forced itself to nod as if to say "You're Welcome", appeasing the maid and she traveled back up the stairs.

Heads turned to Jackson as he shifted back into human form. The giant shackles pooled around him and he stepped out of the ankle cuffs that were the size of large hula hoops and cracked his neck. He stretched, his pale muscular body covered in scratches and bruises but his eyes never stopped blazing.

He wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth and looked over at Mark.

"Feeling better?"

Mark narrowed his gaze and Jackson laughed. With his eyes flickering his body glowed red and he was once again fully clothed. Jaebeom walked over and punched him in the arm with so much force it could've easily shattered a human's arm and the sore Demon whined.

"You're an idiot I swear"


Chrysalis tossed and turned in her sleep. Clutching at her chest she woke up with her eyes teary and she sighed deeply. It felt like something was calling to her desperately but as quickly as it appeared it disappeared.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes and she gasped. Every time she closed her eyes she saw the mangled body of the human girl laying on the floor surrounded by shattered glass and blood.

Menacing blue eyes flashed in her mind making her spine tingle and she quickly stood up and traveled out of her room.

"Who....who is it?"

Chrysalis frowned at Karin's uneasy voice. She knocked more softly on Rea's door and whispered against it.

"It's just me"
"Chrys? Are you sure? It's not some Demon trick to just get us to open the door so you can eat us?"

The room shuffled and Mari placed her ear against the door with the girls behind her.

"Tell us something only the real Chrys would know!"
"Ummmm......ummmm....."
"It's not her!"
"Wait! I just woke up I need a second to think....."

Chrysalis' eyes rounded as the door slowly unlocked and Mari peaked out timidly. She checked her surroundings quickly then pulled the raven haired girl inside.

"I didn't answer yet...."
"Exactly. You're such a clutz after you just wake up Chrys I didn't expect you to actually answer."

Mari sighed in relief and wrapped her arms around her sister. Hugging her back Chrys looked over her shoulder and her chest ached. Everyone was still pale and their eyes were puffy and swollen.

Faun held Karin closely and Talia and Rea nervously held weapons in their hands.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt? How did you get away from the monster?"
"Monster? You mean Master? He's not a monster."

Mari frowned and pulled her towards the bed and the girls crowded around her.

"Chrys did you not see him?! He just ripped that girl apart with no remorse! He was covered in blood, it almost looked like he reveled in it and just the way it looked and sounded....ugh....I think I'm going to be sick."

She walked over to the window and Karin laid her head in Chrys' lap and she sighed as she ran her fingers through her short hair.

"We were so worried when you weren't with us. I thought you would've gotten killed by him too."
"He would never hurt us....."
"How do you know that? He's a Demon, a monster, we're in constant danger....and we have nowhere to go. We're trapped....."

Karin sobbed weakly. Herbert watched sadly from the corner of the room and cooed. They had been so scared that anything magical was causing them to feel uneasy, even a small magical penguin who just wanted to cuddle his Mistress.

The girls watched cautiously as Chrysalis walked over to Herbert and picked up the little being in her hand. She smiled sadly as it hugged her thumb relieved and it wiped its tears with it's little flipper. The girls cringed as she turned to them and she frowned.

"Guys it's just Herbert."
"What if he turns into a huge monster too! We just don't know what to believe in anymore...."
"Then believe in me."

The girls' eyes widened as Chrysalis became serious.

"Believe in me. Believe me when I say Master would never hurt us. Sure he may seem really scary now but he's never given us any reason to doubt him. He was just...scared, I think. He didn't want anything to happen to us so he did what he had to, no matter how grotesque we find it......"

She grabbed Karin's hands and carefully placed Herbert in them and he held his flippers open asking for cuddles.

"And Herbert has been nothing but sweet. If he were going to transform into some big scary monster he would've done it by now to protect us too. Right Herbert?"

The blue penguin nodded and pounded on it's little chest. As it concentrated on trying to transform into something bigger it yelped in embarrassment as it farted and the girls giggled.

"But I'm still scared....."
"It's okay to be scared Karin. You don't have to face things now but just know that Master is still Master no matter what he looks like and I bet he misses us."

Their heads turned towards the door and the five girls huddled to the back of the room after hearing Jinyoung's voice.

"Chrysalis are you in there? May I have a word?"

She shuffled to the door and opened it a crack and Jinyoung smiled and bowed politely. She looked back at the girls then took a step outside to join him. After bowing to him he handed her the familiar leather book that Master Mark had at dinner.

"Have you read this Chrysalis?"

She examined the cover and read it carefully out loud: A Demon's Deity~

She looked up at him and shook her head and he chuckled.

"I don't think Master would like it very much if I were to read this. He asked us not to talk about it...."
"Did he say you can't read it or you're not allowed to read it~?"

She raised an eyebrow at his playful tone.

"Aren't they the same thing Master Jinyoung?"
"No Dear not when it comes to this. It seems your Master is still trying to avoid it but for your safety I encourage you to read it. If you'll excuse me I'm being summoned. Good luck Chrys."

He bowed and after giving her one last tedious smile he blurred downstairs leaving Chrysalis bewildered. The girls crowded around her on the floor as she sat with the book in her lap.

"Is that Master's book? Why do you have it?"
"Master Jinyoung told me I should I read it...."
"But Master told us to ignore it...."

She flipped through the pages of aged script and pictures quickly then sighed before opening to the first page. She didn't even hear the girls' subtle gasps.

"A Demon's Deity:
There is no magic greater than love
Always around, always lurking, ready to be discovered, unpredictable
Strong, gentle, protective,unbreakable, irreversable

With love comes power
A Demon and it's Deity, it'll be it's finest hour
If Demon and Demon they may be, if one were to die then only one in the grave shall stay
Heed warning if a Demon and a human were to become one
Then in the grave they both shall lay"


Chrysalis furrowed her brows. What does that mean?

"Ummm Chrys? Where'd you read that?"
"What do you mean? It's right here"
"Right where?"

She pointed towards the script clearly in the center of the page and the girls' lowered their heads and squinted.

"Chrys are you okay?"
"I'm fine why?"
"That page is blank....all the pages are blank...."

She made a face of disbelief and once again flipped through the pages. They were full of words and pictures, how could they say it was blank?

"Chrys you're scaring me"
"I'm telling the truth there are words in here!"

The girls grabbed the book and passed it around but to them it was nothing but an empty book of blank pages. Panic rose on their faces and they gasped as the door flew open and Mona blurred around, grabbing the book and then she stood near the entrance with her face serious.

"Why do you all have this?"
"Master Jinyoung gave to me......but why can I read it but the others can't?"
"What?"
"I can see the things that are written but the girls....they see nothing....."

Mona looked down at the book in disbelief.

"You can read this?"

Chrysalis nodded nervously and Mona's eyes narrowed.

"Then you've broken the most important rule Chrysalis. You've fallen in love with the Master."


Demon Mark quietly walked around on all fours as everyone turned in for the night. His eyes were glowing and he flinched every time his horns scraped against the walls noisily.

Being so massive instead of using the stairs he stood on his hind legs and grabbed onto the upper floor and pulled himself up gently. Blinding his vision he stood in front of Rea's door where his Dolls were sleeping peacefully, away from him.

He felt rage deep down inside. He should just activate them, cause them pain and they'll learn to never run from him again! He was their Master! They obey him!

Quickly he shook his head of his dark thoughts. Staying in Demon form for so long was causing his human like reasoning to waver and his thoughts were becoming just as monstrous as he was.

He crawled to Chrysalis' room and nudged the door open with his horn carefully. Steam blew out of his nostrills as his eyes wandered the vacant room. Ignoring the pulling sensation he was feeling he tried to enter the room through the small door and he growled as he got stuck.

Not caring anymore he pushed through the entrance creating a big hole in the wall and he sat in the center of the room. Wow, he really was being ridiculous.

"What in the......"

His eyes flashed a warm blue and he looked up excitedly at the one person he's been wanting to see. Chrysalis' eyes were wide as she picked up half her door and she flinched as the Demon growled. That was dangerous, she could cut herself on the splinters!

She looked up at him and the warm smile she gave him caused the Demon to purr contently. Stepping over the debris she approached the Demon and waited for him to lower it's head, a gesture that meant that he meant no harm.

After gazing at her warily the Demon finally lowered it's head and it closed it's eyes as Chrys rubbed it's horn softly. As she knelt down Mark shifted back to human form and cuddled his face into her lap.

He wrapped his arms around her torso and squeezed her tight so she wouldn't leave him too.

"I'm so sorry"
"You have nothing to apologize for Master."

His inner Demon continued to purr as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"They hate me"
"They don't hate you. They're just a little...confused..."
"You mean terrified?"
"Haha yeah okay that. Just give them time."

He peered up at her with warm blue eyes and he froze as she lowered her head to his for a gentle kiss. His chest felt as though it had overflowed with warmth and goose bumps rose all over his body. She pulled back and smiled, completely disarming him, completely beguiling him.

"What was that for Pretty?"
"I missed you, that's all."

He smiled shyly, his cheeks dusting pink and he laid his head back in her lap. Okay fine. He'll read that god damn book.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author Note: Fine we'll read the god damn book next chapter xD! Or can we read it? Is it possible? Hahaha congrats guys Playhouse is now my most subscribed story to be published \o/♥ You're all so sweet and I hope you continue to enjoy! See you all next week for another PlayHouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?