░ Chapter 29 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: First I left out of town then when I came back I had no internet! Why is this happening lol When was the last time I wrote on Word @_@ Okay so last week we all took a relaxing breath when our girl Chrys was safe and sound in a very adorably awkward Chanyeol’s home. I’m not sure if I’m feeling that we need more good things or should I drama it up already…..I guess we’ll just see what my fingers type lol Please enjoy this week’s Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?

(Sorry about format it was written on Word ^~^ )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“The Master and Chrys haven’t been home for days and I’m getting worried…..”
“Awww don’t worry Karin I bet they’re fine.”
“I BET THEY GOT HITCHED! OH MY GOD CAN YOU IMAGINE♥ !?”
“TALIA SHUT UP! But I hope not, getting hitched isn’t very romantic at all, right Rea?”
“…….-nod-…..”

Mona’s eyes narrowed as she watched the girls who were lounging in the living room with the fine china and delicate pastries.

They were not aware that the night they had arrived home from Grand Master’s Production that she had entered the Master’s bedroom and found it completely spotless.

Not a single object was out of place, not a speck of dust on any surface and the room was fragrant with Mark’s cologne.

It was too clean. She hadn’t seen the bedroom that clean in over 50 years. Mark was the kind of person that you could easily tell where he had been last.

Whether it be the squished leather cushion of his love seat from watching Chrysalis intently from afar or a book opened and flipped upside down because he had gone downstairs to get a snack.

More importantly…….

“HERBERT SPIT IT OUT! I CALLED THE LAST ALMOND CLUSTER!”
“!”
“Ummm Faun plea-please don’t squeeze him like that!”
“And I thought I was ridiculous……”
“Oh you are Talia but Faun is a special type of ridiculous”
“Say that to my face Mari!”
“I would but it’s covered in crumbs and I find it even more atrocious than usual~”
“YAH!”

He would never leave his Dolls for such a long period of time let alone Chrysalis. She wouldn’t be able to stand a day away from her sisters.
“Lady Mona”

The young maid bowed as she entered through the glass doors to the kitchen from the garden and Mona’s face grew impassive.

“Any word?”
“None at all I’m afraid. Lady Lillith as well still has no recollection of that night.”
“Thank you”
“If you’ll excuse me”

To add on to such a bizarre situation Lady Lillith, the last person to have been with the Master, had woken up the next morning with no memory of anything that happened after she had teased Mark for thinking decorating a tart with fruits was difficult.

Her head was pounding the entire morning. It was more severe the more she tried to remember anything but Mona reassured her it was fine and not to stress herself any further.

It’s been days, perhaps she should check in with Master Jackson or Master Jaebeom?

The opening double doors catch everyone’s attention and Talia is the first one up and running.

“MASTER!”

Puzzled, Mona exits the kitchen as the rest of the girls ran up wide eyed and excited. She immediately stills and her breath hitches.

His appearance has completely changed. His pale skin was now even paler, more smooth and porcelain like just like herself.

His muscles were more defined and noticeable under the tight black suit he was sporting with a faded silver metallic tie that almost matched his now platinum blonde hair.

His stance seemed off as well. The usually poise Demon had his hands in his pockets and his head down as the girls jumped around him and he remained silent.

“Master you changed your hair”
“Do you like it Princess?”
“-nods- It looks Just Right~”

No one noticed Karin taking a step back from hearing Mark’s response. His voice was a lot deeper and lost of the light hearted whimsy that usually accompanied it when he spoke to his Dolls.

Also she didn’t know it was possible but Herbert was glaring and growling softly in her arms with the single feather on his head standing tall and alert.

He pulled on her sleeve and shook his head fervently as if to say something wasn’t right and she agreed completely.

“Karin?”

She froze as this person who looked like her Master called to her. She looked up slowly as the rest of the girls watched her, puzzled by her behavior.

“Yes Master?”
“Is something wrong? You seem to be attempting to run from me.”

Her blood ran cold as his lips curled over his fangs devilish-ly and she forced herself to shake her head and smile.

“Where…..where’s Chrys?”

Mark’s body stiffened as the seal hidden under his collar burned brighter. His head lowered to hide the flicker of true blue that tried to show itself through the blue contacts he was wearing to hide his silver eyes.

His inner Demon whimpered from his Deity’s name but the Puppeteer’s hold was too strong and the great beast once again dropped it‘s head to the floor in defeat. Mark’s body was nothing more than that witches puppet on a string now.

“It’s alright Mark, you can tell them the truth.”

The voice behind him had the hairs on the back of the girls’ necks stand and they quickly backed away as Sunmi s her arms around Mark’s shoulders with a smirk.

Mona blurred over and held the girls behind her back defensively and her eyes narrowed into an intimidating glare.

“How dare you enter this estate, leave at once! Have you no shame?!”
“Shame? Should I be ashamed that I am Mark’s fiancé? I see nothing to be ashamed of~”

The girls gasped in disbelief and looked to their Master who’s face was completely impassive.

“That’s not possible! Chrysalis is Master’s Deity you wench and she’d never……!!!”
“Chrysalis left me…..”

Talia held Mari back as she tried to trudge forward to give the Demon woman a piece of her mind but the air chilled at Mark’s words.

“What? Master that can’t be true, she loves you and she’s your Deity you guys are stuck with each other by the forces of magic…..”

“I thought the same as well Faun but I was wrong. So wrong. I…..I really thought she loved me but she spat in my face. Said I was suffocating and irritating and she just left. I begged her not to go, dropped to my knees asking her to stay as my tears fell to the floor, and if not for me then for you all but she just walked out without looking back.”

Mark leaned his head to the side as Sunmi skimmed her slender nose along his skin and kissed it softly.

“And you do know a Demon without his Deity would fall into a spiral of depression until the worse happened but Mark wouldn’t go down without a fight, such a feisty Demon. We are going to wed so I can do my best to keep him sane and alive after Chrysalis completely shattered him like the heartless girl she is. Tch…I actually thought she was a decent person. Such a shame she didn’t realize how amazing Mark really is, ugh, humans am I right?”

Talia, Karin and Faun’s faces paled and their legs quivered. Not only was the Devil’s spawn going to marry their Master but their sister abandoned them too? What was going on?

Frustrated Faun clenched her fists and her voice rose.

“There’s no way! She would never do that and you would never let her go like that!”
“When you’re in love Faun you’ll understand. When you truly love someone you’d do anything to make them happy and Chrysalis said she’d be happier without us so I let her do as she pleased as much as it hurt me.”

Mari held two fingers out behind her back as she counted in her head. Twice Master had used Chrysalis’ name. That’s more than he would use in a day because he would always call her “Pretty” or “Beautiful.”

Things weren’t adding up. Master would’ve had Sunmi’s head on a plate if she had stepped foot anywhere near them.

He hadn’t dyed his hair in over a 100 years no matter how much she begged him to, saying it was too much of a hassle and there was absolutely no way, no way in heaven or hell Chrysalis would just leave them like that.

The Chrysalis she knew would keep her door open on nights when it stormed because she already knew Karin would crawl into her bed frightened from the thunder.

She would whine and cry when Faun pulled her into her room to bounce on the nets in the trees but she went anyway just to spend time with her.

There’s not a time Mari would not yell at Chrys to hush up her tone deaf singing as Talia practiced piano and by some God given gift Chrys was the only one who could get Rea to crack a smile anytime she wanted.

How dare this being say that their sister didn’t love them and just left. HOW. DARE. THEY. say that she didn’t love their Master!?

The two didn’t understand love until they fell in love with each other and their love radiated through the manor like warmth from the sun. Everyone, anywhere, at any time felt it and knew it was pure and true.

“But Master I don’t like Lady Sunmi….she’s mean and she tried to kill…..”
“Well I don’t care for your opinion Karin and if you all have a problem with her I suggest you all leave at once and never return.”

That was the final straw. Mari narrowed her eyes and looked up at Rea and too sensed things weren’t right and she nodded in acknowledgment.

The three unknowing Dolls clenched at their chests from their Master’s harsh words. Keeping unfaltering contact with Sunmi Mona sighed and nodded.

“As you wish Master. We shall leave the manor immediately.”
“WHAT!?”

Talia latched onto Mona’s sleeve with glistening eyes and shook her head desperately.

“I DON’T WANT TO GO! I WANT TO STAY WITH MASTER!”

Mari held onto Talia and pulled her sobbing form into her arms to comfort her.

“Master how could you just kick us out?! Don’t you love us anymore?!”
“I’ve finally seen the light Faun. Dolls are nothing more than play things and do not need love and compassion nor deserve it. I now find that my previous behavior was rather disturbing. And humans, God, scum of the universe, weak and useless and should not even exist….”

Mark spat on the ground as if the word human was the most vile thing in the world. Karin’s breathing quickened and Rea caught her as she fainted.

Mark snapped his fingers and the girls’ luggage cases appeared next to them and Talia kicked hers over as her heart continued to break.

Mona narrowed her eyes at Mark, trying to mentally connect with him and see what was going on in his head but it was as if there were a powerful barrier keeping her out.

She knew at that moment she had lost him and she needed help to get him back. Her hand grabbed onto the handle of her case and she clenched it tightly as she tried to imagine what could have possibly happened to Chrysalis.

Mark was still alive so that meant she was alive as well. If she were safe, that was a completely different question.

“Come girls, keep your heads high. Proper ladies show no weakness no matter how painful the situation may be.”

“No! No I don’t want to leave! No! Miss Mona please! MASTER!”

Faun cried as Mona tugged her out the door and the girls watched with painful swollen eyes as the double doors closed in their faces.

Though Mari and Rea knew it wasn’t really their Master who had disowned them the experience still hurt more than any human can bare.

Memories of their Master, happy, smiling, and loving them flashed in their minds and though their hearts ached they were determined to get him back no matter what.

Talia dropped to her knees unable to hold herself up anymore and her tears pooled on the ground.

Rea adjusted Karin’s unconscious body over her shoulders as Herbert tried to wake his Mistress.

“Where will we go Miss Mona?”

She asked and while comforting Faun Miss Mona met Rea’s determined gaze with her own.

“Grand Master Jaebeom. He’s the only one who can help us now.”
“And Chrysalis?”
“…….all we can do is hope for the best.”

A few moments after the doors closed Mark grabbed at his head screaming in pure agony as the seal burned brighter, hotter, trying to control the true Demon that tried to break out of her hold.

The action of abandoning his Dolls had stirred Mark’s senses momentarily but without his Deity he was too weak to fight back and he was once again completely under the Puppeteer’s control.

Sunmi wrapped her arms around Mark’s motionless body and squeezed him tightly and she quealed.

“Oh Mark I’m so happy♥”

“You’re pathetic Sunmi.”

Sunmi looked over at the window where a young girl with blonde, short, tightly curled hair climbed in and landed gracefully on the living room sofa after flipping in the air.

She wore a fairy like white costume with cutout shoulders and sheer fabrics and her honey eyes flashed silver.

She sat down and crossed her legs as she observed the place, whistling in approval.

“Looks different inside than when you’re just spying from outside~”
“What are you doing here Irina?”
“Preparing for the Mistress’ arrival of course. About time too! I was so sick of that dusty haunted manor. This place is much more suitable.”

This is just a pit stop and soon it’ll be a castle, right Dolls? With the knights, rooks and the Queen out of the way, we’re closer to the King. Check.

“Yes Mistress”

The Dolls, including Mark replied to their Mistress’ voice echoing in their heads. A black shadow slid in under the crack of the double doors and Irina hummed.

“Do you remember what you were suppose to do Katalena?”

The shadow traveled to the wall and formed a horned figure that shook it’s head with slanted eyes and Sunmi her teeth.

“Why must you be that way? Materialize and speak like a proper being you imbecile.”

The shadow narrowed it’s eyes and morphed forming two shadows. A giant hammer that crushed a small person that was suppose to represent Sunmi and Irina snorted in laughter as Sunmi rolled her eyes and held onto Mark.

“Katalena doesn’t speak remember? Jeez you really are pathetic Sunmi.”
“You know what’s pathetic? That Rogue Doll and the rest of them.”
“I’d watch your tongue, the coven is mostly Rogue Dolls and they won’t like you making fun of them~”
“They’re soulless, mindless, stupid creatures. Minions for the powerful Mistress is all they are.”
“I almost feel sorry for them when you put it like that Hahahaha”

The shadow traveled all around the room. From the floor to the ceiling Irina watched it as it moved around with no sense of direction and she called to it.

“Yah! You’re suppose to be looking for that Demon’s Deity to keep an eye on her!”

The shadow traveled back to the wall and formed a question mark and zombified Mark pointed towards the pictures on display.

“I don’t understand why we need to look for her. It’s not like she can do anything.”
“This is why you’re so pathetic Sunmi. You’re so one sided and don’t plan ahead. The Mistress likes to know where all the pieces of her game are incase she needs them and that includes your boy toy’s Deity.”

As the Dolls laughed the shadow shrunk in size and traveled over to the picture frames near the television.

A black tentacle materialized and picked up a frame and Sunmi cursed as the frame fell to the floor and shattered.

“Stupid creature! Don’t touch anything! God can‘t you do anything right!? Of all of Mistress‘ servants you are by far the most useless I swear! Get out of here!”

Without missing a beat the shadow dropped to the floor and flew out under the crack of the door.

“-whistle- I’ve never seen Kat move so fast before, what’s gotten into her?”
“Psh it’s not like she has a mind of her own. She fears me as she should. Stupid Rogue.”
“Like I said Sunmi, You. Are. Pathetic. And don’t forget it.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: I don’t want to imagine being ripped away from the most important person in my life, poor Dolls D: Platinum haired Mark….mmmmm♥ And yay new characters~ You guys don’t know her yet but Katalena’s definitely one of my favorites~ Next week we’ll see how Chanyeol and Chrys are doing m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?

PS# Finally got internet back yay :D Sorry I've been away for so long it was such a pain but thank you all who checked up on me you're so sweet! I wanna thank abagil for their wonderful graphic presents!♥ I opened my inbox and was like ooo a message and it was a present so I went from :D to T^T♥ I was gonna make them a bit smaller so we could see the Playhouse logo in the background and the covers a bit big but I decided just to update first and tamper with graphic later~ It's so pretty thank you very much!

Gonna take a bit for me to get back into the swing of things and have a steady schedule again so please bear with me I love you guys! \o/