░ Chapter 28 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: So are you guys going to punch Author-nim in the face for not updating on time hahaha You should know by now I'm only ever a day late~ I've been rearranging my personal life a bit so I've gotten busy BUT Happy 150 subs everyone :D That's kinda a big number holy cowboy♥ Thanks so much for reading and enjoying, you guys are awesome sauce~ We've been having some pretty dark stuff going on these passed 2 chapters so I'm thinking we need a little breather right? Let's take a breath of fresh air and relax this week on Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
She walked around in the darkness cuddling her hands to her chest. The blackness was never ending, the air frigid and the fog rolling across the floor caused goose bumps to rise all over her body.

Where is this?

She didn't even have to open as her thoughts clearly echoed in the silence. Though there was absolutely nothing around her she couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity from being here.

She gasped and turned. In the distance was a large black shadow, completely motionless and faintly glowing. As if compelled she cautiously approached it and as she arrived she dropped to her knees.

Demon Mark.

The giant beast was shackled to the floor by dimly glowing ribbons of silver. With it's head held to the floor it's shallow breathing swirled the fog around and it's eyes were closed.

The cracks in it's forearms were faintly flashing blue like a dying firefly. Completely drained of any energy the beast whimpered weakly, over and over again, and she knew deep down, it was calling for her.

She tried to reach out and it's massive horns but her hand went right through it's form as if she were a ghost. Though there was no contact it was as if the Demon sensed the action and it's breathing increased a bit and it's whimpers became stronger.

It wanted to be touched. To be comforted by her. To be saved.

Suddenly the fog vanished. It was getting hot. Too hot. The Demon disappeared and the area bursted into flames causing her to scream.


"AHHHHHH!"
"Hey! Hey! I'm sorry! Hey!"

Chrysalis awoke screaming and clutched onto her arm that was burning immensely. Her body was drenched in sweat, shivering and pale. Her vision was blurry from hot tears and she quickly wiped them away with the back of her hand but the action made her head spin.

She peered around the unfamiliar space. Last she knew she was caught in the down pour and took shelter in the bodega of the park now she was in a small bed. Looking around the small room she couldn't recall any memory of arriving here.

Everything was pure white. White wood, white furniture and decor and the only color were the vibrant flowers displayed in white vases around the area. There was a giant glass sliding door leading outside and unlike before when it was dark and storming it was now sunny and warm as if the nasty weather never happened.

Moving her head she caught sight of someone sitting in a chair next to the door and she gasped and grabbed the blanket bringing it to her face. It was a young man, maybe a few years older than herself. Short dark hair and fair skin.

He was wearing a black cotton shirt and ragged looking jeans with stains and rips with a pen in his pocket. His soft looking eyes were rounded on his U-shaped face. He was biting his lip and he held his hands up innocently with a wet rag.

He was completely still and the two stared at each other warily.

"I'm not going to hurt you but I reaaaaally need to tend to your wound, it's infected."

His voice was deep and sincere as he pointed to her arm and Chrysalis looked down and her eyes widened in alarm as she moved her hand. Her arm that she had landed on from falling out of the window was completely swollen and inflamed.

But as her conscious finally fully awakened her eyelids drooped and she began to feel a numbness course through her veins that made her completely disregard the pain in her arm, or anywhere for that matter.

When she didn't respond the young man waved awkwardly for her attention and when he caught her gaze he gave her a warm but derpy smile.

"I'm going to walk towards you now okay?"

He said softly and stood from his chair and slowly approached the bed. Kneeling beside her he slowly pulled the covers away and examined the wound and he shook his head.

"Being caught out in the rain really took it's toll. This'll hurt a bit."

He dipped the rag in a bowl of greenish liquid on the night stand then placed it on her arm and Chrysalis now knew why in her dream everything began to heat up. He must've tried cleaning it while she was asleep and the burning was unbearable but she didn't move.

She looked down at her body. Her clothes were dirty and tainting the white sheets, decorating it in an array of greens, browns and black but her skin had been wiped clean.

Bringing her attention back to the young man who was now wrapping her arm in gauze she blinked at him and he blinked back at her playfully.

"Oh sorry! I'm Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol, pleased to meet you........"

His pitch raised cutely as he fished for her name but Chrys kept shut. He made a face at the awkward situation then stood and grabbed the bowl.

"Okay, not much of a talker hahaha. But I bet you're hungry? I'll get you something to eat just give me a second."

Once the young man disappeared into the tiny kitchen Chrys weakly swung her legs over the edge of the bed and as she rose her body wobbled as it tried to find it's balance. She felt terrible.

Stumbling to the small mirror on top of the wooden drawer she peered into it with blank eyes. She looked how she felt. Pale skin with no blood flow, deep dark blank eyes, her hair a tangled mess and her headache made everything look as if it were swaying.

She was in a stranger's home, she couldn't be here. If that dream were real then Mark was in trouble and he needed help. She made her way to the sliding door and gripped onto the silver handle but with no strength she immediately dropped to her knees and tears of frustration rolled down her face.

Chanyeol came back in holding a small wooden tray. He gasped and quickly ran to her and helped her up but she wouldn't let go of the door handle making him frown.

"You're in no condition to be moving Miss. Please just relax and as soon as you're better you can go"

He coaxed softly and he whined when her tears began to fall more frequently. She had no where TO go. Her numb fingers finally slipped from it's hold and he helped her back into bed and pulled the covers up to her legs.

Chanyeol pulled the chair to the bedside and held the tray of food in his lap. Porridge with an array of berries, a lot of berries and topped with a mint leaf. She looked from the bowl to him and he chuckled.

"Sorry I'm a bit of a health nut. The berries are from my garden and if you can't tell I have a lot of them hahaha."

He lifted a spoonful to her and Chrysalis looked away like a child. He followed her face as she continued to move her head around and he frowned.

"Would you rather feed yourself then?"
"............"

Accepting the girl wouldn't eat Chanyeol placed the tray on the floor and crossed his arms as he observed her and she in turn observed him in the silence.

"That's an interesting tattoo on your neck but you don't look like a delinquent so you didn't run away from home, maybe? What were you doing in the park like that, you could've gotten yourself killed or something."

Chrys lowered her head from his slight scolding tone and noticing her actions he quickly apologized frantically and waved his hands in the air.

"No I didn't mean for it to sound like I was yelling or anything! And I'm not some pedo I promise! I just happened to be in the park at the time and saw you and as a good samritan I just couldn't leave a pretty girl like yourself out like that. Wow that sounded like I was totally hitting on you oops. I'm not! But you really are pretty but......oh crap......"

Digging his own grave the dark haired young man coughed into his fist as his cheeks flushed in embarrassment. She kept staring at him blankly with hazy purple eyes, he's never met anyone with purple eyes before.

He couldn't just leave her out in the rain so he carried her on his back all the way to his small house like an abandoned kitty. It wouldn't be decent of him to undress her so he wiped her off and wrapped her up tightly in many layers of blankets. He was known for tending to things plants, animals, people, there was no difference.

Aside from being soaked in the rain she didn't look like a druggy or a beggar or something, so what was up with her? She stared at the floor and following her gaze he smiled and spooned a strawberry and lifted it to her hand.

"Do you like strawberries?"

Blankly staring at the red berry Chanyeol smiled excitedly as Chrys slowly grabbed the sliced fruit in between her fingers. She examined it carefully, still scarred from her poisonous fruit experience then she nibbled on it quietly.

".....thank you....."

She mumbled weakly and his eyes widened.

"SHE SPEAKS!"

He boasted triumphantly making her flinch a bit and he quickly apologized for his behavior and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry! Okay okay ummmmm are you feeling okay?"
-shakes head-
"Okay so no. Obviously. Just look at you. I mean. Not that you look bad. Oh crap I did it again ummmm.... Are you a delinquent? I don't do well with those....."
-shakes head-
"Okay good you don't really look like it hahaha Is your home far?"
-silence-

Chrys swallowed the lump in as her eyes began to water once more.

"Do you have a home?"
-silence-
".......do you have anywhere to go?"
-slowly shakes head-

Chanyeol sighed and brought his hand to his face and shook his head.

"Silly Kitty then why were you trying to leave so adamantly if you had no where to go?"

After handing her another piece of strawberry he began to dig through his drawer and pulled out an oversized long sleeve and sweat pants. Placing it on the bed next to her he smiled comfortingly and pointed towards the white door in the corner.

"You're welcome to stay here as long as you like. The bathroom's over there, I think you need to shower. Not like in a bad way! I just mean you're kinda dirty....well really dirty....BUT NOT IN THAT WAY.....I'm just going to stop talking now....."

He frowned. Chrys looked from her clothes to the new ones on the bed and tears streamed once more. She didn't want to change out of Mark's clothes. She clutched onto the soiled fabric and brought it to her face. It doesn't even smell like his anymore.

Being overwhelmed with the feeling of missing him her shoulders began to to shake with soft sobs and Chanyeol jumped and began to look around frantically.

"Oh no! Don't cry! Please don't cry! Ummmmm oh crap what do I do!?"

He knelt beside her and reached for her then he yelled bashfully and grabbed at his hair. He couldn't touch her! He didn't know her like that! With no other idea he curled up into a ball and started rolling around on the floor capturing her attention.

Not knowing where he was going he rolled right into the leg of his chair making him curse and he looked up hopefully and smiled as Chrys stared at him blankly.

"You probably think I'm an idiot right? That's fine you can think that just don't cry anymore please! What ever is making you cry it'll get better I promise!"

He stood from the floor feeling the new bump on his head and he motioned towards the clothes.


Chrys watched in silence as Chanyeol changed the bed sheets. Tossing the thin fabric into the air he smiled as it came fluttering down and he bowed to her cutely. She nodded gratefully and climbed into bed.

Staring at each other in silence again her eyes wandered down to the pen in his pocket and he chuckled.

"I have a thing for pens don't ask hahaha I doodle alot but I'm really not good at it at all......"

He took the pen and doodled on his hand and showing it to Chrys she tilted her head to the side.

"Ummmm, it's suppose to be a cat.....doesn't it look like a cat?"
-shakes head-

Chanyeol laughed obnoxiously and slapped his knee.

"Well gee thanks for being honest!"

He didn't seem like a bad person but then again to Chrysalis no one is bad until they do her wrong. She didn't notice before but his skin was covered in faint little freckles and she blinked as he handed her the pen.

"Want to try?"

He held out his other hand to her to use as a canvas and with nothing to lose she began to mark him with the blue ink. Finished she handed the pen back to him and peering at his hand he frowned unhappily.

"Well craaaapppp you draw alot better than I do. It's a pretty butterfly thank you~ Do you like butterflies?"
-nods-
"Wow finally a positive answer!"

He clapped excitedly, a habit he did alot. He hushed and smiled at her.

"What's your name?"
-silence-
"Can I guess?"
-silence-

He sat back in his chair and crossed his arms. Thinking for just a second he then threw his hands in the air exasperatedly while yelling taking Chrys by surprised. He actually looked thoroughly upset, talk about a mood swing.

"I hate thinking......"

He whined honestly and without warning he slipped out of his chair to the floor, curled up into a ball and rolled around. What was this guy's deal? Remembering himself he stopped mid-roll then sprawled out like a starfish with a red face.

"I'm weird, I'm sorry hahaha Force of habit. Among other things hahaha but not like you'd know what they are since we're not friends or anything....but we can be friends if you want!~? Or maybe you don't want to then we don't have to be, it's cool, whatevs hahaha!!.....I'm going to shut up now......"

"Chrys"

Shutting up abruptly Chanyeol sat up alerted with rounded eyes. Her face was blank of all expression and feeling but her lips were slightly parted signaling she had said something and he wasn't hearing things.

"Your name is Chrys?"
-nods-

He crawled over clumsily and held a hand out to her with a bright smile.

"Hi Chrys! Nice to meet you! I'm Chanyeol and I am not a pedo!"

What kind of introduction was that? The total absurdity of his words actually made Chrys crack a small smile that didn't go unnoticed and as she placed her hand in his he squeezed firmly then he quickly let go.

"You're not lying right? I don't appreciate liars. It's a nice name, I mean if it weren't your name then whatever your name would be I bet it would be nice.....shutting up...."

He was like a ball of energy and it reminded her alot of Faun and the thought made her heartache. Her eyes glistened once more and she flinched as Chanyeol shoved his hand in front of her face.

"No, no more tears! Don't make me roll around again! I'LL DO IT! Whatever your problem is I promise to help you out just please don't cry, okay?"

Her lower lip quivered. How could he help her when she couldn't even help herself? They were human, how could they possibly solve a problem that involved Demons and magic and defying logic?

"But before we do anything, you need to get better. I'll go get you some tea, Grandma's recipe for colds and crappy feelings!"

He beamed and headed for the kitchen. His energy was infectious but something felt, strange? She shook her head, at this point what did she even know anymore?

Chanyeol came back expecting to find Chrys near the door again but was pleasantly surprised she was still in bed watching him like he was an alien but it was cool. She sorta looked like a Doll like this.

Sitting in the chair next to the bed he handed her the large warm mug and she nodded gratefully while trying very hard not to think about Mari and her tea or else she'd cry again.

Sipping at the hot liquid Chanyeol laughed and choked as Chrys' face puckered up in disgust and she gagged. She tried to give him back the cup and he playfully pushed it back at her while shaking his head.

"Well I didn't say it would taste good but it'll help! Come on Chrys drink up!"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Now everyone take a deep breath and BREATHE. See, she's fine and no cliff hangers♥ A little happiness for your weekend knowing our precious is in safe hands. Well hopefully safe hands~ See you all next week for another Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?