░ Chapter 23 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: Everyone do not panic I'm only a day late D:! I've been really sick all week and still kind of am but I'll talk about that later hahaha Let's go on a trip to the Demon Realm and I really hope you guys enjoy because it is a fantasy story and I want you guys to be able to picture and enjoy in your minds but let's be serious you all want more clingy Demon Mark right :D?♥ Enjoy this week's Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chrysalis softly furrowed her brows as her eyes remained closed with her hands tucked under her head. She felt the side of her bed sink gently and she had that feeling she was being watched.

As her eyes slowly opened there was a small gasp and through her hazy vision she could see her door quickly open and close. She threw off her covers and rubbed her eyes and peered around her room. It was still the middle of the night and the moonlight was streaming in through her window.

Slipping on her slippers she shuffled to the door and as she peered down the hall she smiled as she saw her Master's door close hastily. She knocked gently on the double doors and as they slowly opened she shook her head.

She walked over to the very obvious lump of her Master huddling under his deep blue blanket on the edge of the bed and he started to fidget as she knelt in front of him.

"Master?"

She yawned and when he didn't answer she brought her hand up and shook him lightly.

"Master, were you watching me sleep?"
"No!.....Maybe?.....yes......I'm so sorry, I am ashamed......"

His low sleepy voice stuttered bashfully and he yelped as Chrysalis tried to lift his blanket.

"You know if you want you can sleep with me"

She gasped and fell back on her bum as Mark popped his head out with the most adorable shy smile she's ever seen on his face. His dark hair was ruffled messily and his dark eyes were twinkling.

As he tried to articulate his words his cheeks burned redder and redder, embarrassed by his behavior and feeling shy as she leaned back against the edge of the mattress, leaning her head on her arms and smiling up at him.

"May I? I mean I don't want to be a nuisance......I don't have to, it's just.....I'd really like...."

Before he could finish his reasoning he watched with rounded eyes as Chrysalis softly shoved him over and climbed in underneath the blanket with him. As he still stared at her bewildered she patted the pillow next to her head and he timidly laid beside her, their noses mere inches from each other.

"I promise you it was not my intention to stare at you like, what is that term Talia is fond of using, like a creeper? The pulling was getting unbearable so I thought If I just peered at you for a moment then I would be satiated but you're just so beautiful and captivating that I couldn't stop looking at you...."

He groaned and buried his head into his pillow embarrassedly and he began to pur involuntarily as Chrysalis played with his hair in between her fingers.

"You can't begin to understand this need I have for you. I'm sorry if I'm being a bother but I'm finding it harder and harder to keep myself from you....."

Mark's inner Demon growled weakly at the unnecessarily mushy none sense spouting from his mouth. His hearing perked at the sound of her quickening heart beat and warmth exploded through his body as she snuggled against him.

"Then don't stay away from me. You're not a bother at all Master......I like it."
"Do you really?"
"I really do. And If I may speak out of term Master, you're being very cute"
"I am not cute. I am....."
"An all powerful Demon, big and scary and blah blah"

He peered at her face and though her eyes were closed he still playfully glared at her.

"Are you making fun of me Pretty?"
"I wouldn't dare."
"I do think you dare, shall I punish you?"
"If you're going to punish me then I'll leave"
"NO! DON'T!"

His eyes blazed worriedly and his mouth set in a firm line and without even opening her eyes Chrys smiled and laid her hand against his face making his heart race.

"I'm not going anywhere"

She reassured softly and he grabbed her hand relieved and kissed her palm. Her scent alone could bring him a world of peace. Her skin was so soft he wished he could touch it constantly. How was it possible for someone to be so perfect? Especially a human.

"Promise?"

He whispered desperately and she nodded softly. Taking her hand back she softly tapped her lips with her fingertips.

"I promise. Now kiss me and go to sleep Mark."

Freezing as his eyes flickered Mark smiled bashfully and did as he was told. Kissing her lips with so much softness and care that made Chrys shiver he then hummed and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. Kissing the soft skin and wrapping his arms tightly around her it didn't take long for them to fall asleep peacefully.


The girls were having a conversation as they made their way to the kitchen for breakfast and they laughed as Chrysalis finally caught up.

"Had a little morning action with the Master huh Chrys~?"

She giggled as Faun ruffled her already bed messy hair and shook her head. It wasn't exactly what she was implying. Master Mark did not want to release her from his embrace what so ever.

Once she managed to wake him up he completely refused to unravel his arms and instead crushed her to his chest. She tried tickling him and as he laughed she attempted to make a run for it but he grabbed her by the hem of her shirt and pulled her back into bed with a chuckle.

He crawled over and laid his head in her lap and he whined as she pulled on his cheeks.

"Master I want to get out of bed already"
"But I don't"
"You're so lazy"

She yelped as he bit her thigh and Chrys huffed out air that ruffled her bangs. She tried to stand up but it was like having an anchor attached to her and she was no match for his strength.

"What can I do to make you let me go?"
"If it were up to me I'd never let you go but I'll give you the chance to persuade me"

He yawned cutely and closed his eyes and Chrys thought long and hard.

"I'll move into your room?"

Mark's eyes snapped open excitedly and he peered up at her face.

"Then I can sleep with you every night?"
"Exactly"

He frowned.

"But your room is your safe place, a place just for you....."
"I can't imagine a safer place than a Demon guarded room hahaha"

She joked and poked his nose.She gasped as he flipped her onto her back, pinning her wrists to the sides of her head and crashing his lips against hers fervently. As if a switch had been flipped his actions immediately softened drastically.

He released his grip and slowly intertwined his fingers with hers. Instead of biting roughly on her lower lip as he normally did he nipped it gently, on occasion making his own head spin. She tasted so divine.

He pressed his weight on her comfortably to envelope her instead of crushing her and dragging her legs to his sides. In his euphoric state Mark opened his blue eyes and smiled down at his would be Deity.

"You've destroyed me."

As the girls arrived at the kitchen entrance they held their hair as Mark blurred by them and they giggled as he pulled Chrysalis' chair out with a toothy grin. Realizing himself he coughed embarrassedly then proceeded to pull out everyone else's chairs and helped tuck them in.

They watched and laughed when Chrysalis smiled awkwardly as Mark unfolded her napkin and placed it in her lap. She reached for her fork to eat her eggs and Mark beat her to it and handed it to her and she nodded politely.

"Ummm Master?"
"Hmmmm?"

He hummed cutely and he turned to Talia who pssst-ed him softly and she winked playfully.

"Master you're doing it again!"

Mark frowned and shook his head and knocked his knuckle against his temple. He couldn't help it! THIS WAS RIDICULOUS. Watching his movements Chrys slowly reached for her spoon and she sighed as he involuntarily grabbed it for her and placed it into her hand.

"Master I can do it myself....."
"NONE SENSE! YOU ARE A GODDESS AND THOU SHALL NOT NEEDTH TO LIFT A FINGER AS LONG AS I AM AROUND!"

He slapped his hand over his mouth horrified with his eyes flickering and the girls laughed hysterically. Sensing Mona coming in at the of his ridiculous behavior he sunk to his knees and hid under the table making even the staff laugh.

He squeezed in between Chrys' legs making her yelp and he hugged his knees to his chest and squeezed his eyes shut tightly.

"Miss Mona not that I'm not enjoying Master being a buffoon but when will he stop?"
"I agree with Mari it's starting to get painful and poor Chrys hahah her face!"

Mona stopped walking then slowly bent to her right to peer under the table and she smiled.

"But we don't exactly want the bond to be completed for safety reasons"
"But her safety is already being threatened with Master suffocating her right Herbert?"

Mark's eyes opened and dimly glowed as he felt guilty from the idea suffocating her. As if feeling his mood drop Chrys searched under the table with her hand and reassured everything was fine by grazing her fingers over the sides of his face.

"Hehehe that's a Demon's affection ladies. It's his way of courting Chrysalis and he won't stop acting this way until she completes the bond by falling completely in love with him"

Faun turned to Chrys and pointed her spoon at her.

"Chrys hurry up and complete the bond with Master for both of your sakes!"

Mari shook her head and sipped her tea.

"You can't rush these things Faun. Feelings need to be developed."
"But Master was already smitten for a while!"
"Have you forgotten how oblivious Chrys can be? She was like immune to him!"

Everyone turned to face Chrys who looked back with rounded innocent eyes and they gasped as she was pulled under the table, completely disappearing from sight. Mark pulled her to his chest and held her tight so she wouldn't see his blushing face.

"Are you against falling in love with me Pretty?"
"Not at all Master"
"Then I will do whatever it takes to make you love me, please give me the chance and have an open mind"
"Why do you say that?"
"Hahahaha because Pretty, you have always been painfully oblivious"

They looked up as Mona knocked on the table top.

"If you two are quite finished the car is waiting to take us to the village."


The girls chattered excitedly amongst themselves. What would the Demon Realm be like? A place not accessible by any human means possible the girls were quite fearful at first but Mark reassured them that to the Demons they were exactly as they were originally intended to be, just Dolls.

"And by the completely impossible chance that a human who weren't a Doll wandered into the Demon Realm what would happen?"
"Probably get eaten."
"Hahaha Master you're so funny"
"I wasn't joking Faun. Eaten or immediate death."

Faun's smile slowly disappeared and she huddled closer to Rea who then patted her head. Karin and Herbert were hidden inside their giant novel about a wizard boy and she proceeded to ask if the settings of the book would be like that of the Demon Realm and Mark shrugged his shoulders.

"I haven't read it but I do believe so but the human imagination is so limited."

Mark eyed Mari who was swinging her legs back and forth and as she caught his gaze he smiled.

"Yes Master?"
"It's nothing Princess. I'm just excited you're all coming with me, now I can easily purchase new clothing for all of you"
"Oh Master you don't have to we have plenty."
"It brings me great joy to dress my Dolls, you of all people should know this hahaha"
"That I do Master, I am your Princess."

"Master are the others going to join us too?"
"Why Talia am I not enough company for you that you need my friends to join as well?"
"Keep your pants on Master I was just asking hahaha"
"I too was just teasing. Who knows we may run into them."

Chrysalis heard nothing of the conversations as she swung her feet back and forth. Master said he'd do anything to make her fall in love with him but a Demon/Human love is so frowned upon, wouldn't it tarnish his reputation?

Why her? He had the other girls, Miss Sunmi, the staff, he could have anyone.....

"I don't want anyone, I want you Chrysalis"

Her head snapped up as she peered at Mark who smiled at her. She hadn't even noticed her seal activate and she frowned.

"But I'm.....just me....."
"Just you? You've completely beguiled a Demon to the point of falling head over heels for you, made friends with other Demons and magical beings, you've survived a monstrous maze and defended yourself against a Rogue Doll, you live this completely insane life that you never once questioned but here you are questioning yourself, of all things?!"


He leaned his head in and kissed her lips and her shoulders dropped and relaxed.

"I could go on and on about how great you are but it'll have to wait till another time. Come we have arrived."

With their seals activated under the collars of their coats the girls paired off and Mark and Mona stood in the front as Lillith and the driver, her husband, John trailed behind.

"Do not fear anything, we are here with you, don't be too obvious and most of all do have fun and if there's anything that catches your eye feel free to point it out and we can purchase it. Lillith anything to add?"
"Don't stare at anyone hahaha"

The village itself was surrounded by a stone wall that disappeared into the clouds and thick dark green forrests. Crows and other birds cawed in the distance and there was a light breeze that ruffled the leaves.

With a nod the group entered through the stone arch and they gasped in wonder. It was like an old European town, similar to that small provinicial town Belle sung of in her movie. It was quite dreary looking actually. The skies were grey and there was a light layer of fog that danced around the streets that were completely cobble stone.

The air spelt crisp and clean, almost of fresh rainful but without the rain. Individuals were walking around in old style clothing like ruffled tops, trousers and coats and fancy dresses with bonnets but there were also those who were from the current century walking around in ripped jeans and hoodies and sun dresses.

Trolls, Gargoyles, Ogres, Minotaurs, Snake people, Witches, Gorgons and ghouls it was as if every fantasy book in the human library exploded and created this place. Those who looked human had their own features that stood out like horns and fangs and glowing eyes.

Once the fog lightened a bit the girls' eyes widened at what they thought were street lamps. A normal street lamp would have a pole and a large bulb encased in glass but here they were just floating globes of light. Completely spherical and glowing in yellow and blue, they were constantly turning and bright, almost resembling little moons.

"Pardon us"

Looking up the girls huddled together as a Troll with two heads politely tipped their tattered top hats to them and walked by them. The streets were bustling and Karin tugged gently on Mark's sleeve.

"Why does no one look like you Master?"

He pointed and she looked up at a sign on the side that had a big dark monstrous figure on it with a red X over it. He winked playfully.

"We're in the no True Demon Form part of the village but still mind your steps, wouldn't want to trip over anyone's tail"

There were classic wooden stands selling various produce and trinkets with people crowding around and haggling. Old stone buildings ranging from white to grey that were eroded by time with roughly made wood windows and rustic signs dotted the streets.

Demon children huddled around the pet store window to watch in awe. Baby dragons, puppy Hell hounds, little penguins, were all amongst the magical creatures that were playing in the spaced out pens with toys like balls and slides.

Animal hybrids such as Brabs, a rabbit and a bat hybrid, played along with those creatures you'd only hear about in stories like large Koi fish that slithered around the floor outside of water and owls that had two faces, one in front and one in the back.

Faun fed a Demon realm foal like the ones that brought them to the Ball and she beamed as a pure white Unicorn foal with a stubby horn came over jealous and chewed on her sleeve. Karin yelped nervously as other magical penguins began to climb her like a mountain and Herbert waved happily.

Continuing their adventure Mari froze and gasped as what looked like a ghost walked right through her. Checking herself with her hands she quickly turned and bowed apologetically.

"I'm so sorry!"

The lucent couple turned back curiously and Lillith waved them off and placed a hand on Mari's shoulder.

"They don't mind. They're Inner Demons so going through beings is a part of their routine hahaha"

Rea watched her head as little flying Demons roamed by busily. Completely round and furry the little beings bustled around and when one dropped their onix pitch fork she knelt and grabbed it.

"Excuse me....I believe you dropped this...."

She tapped the being looking into the store window with her pinky and it gasped embarrassedly and bowed gratefully. It swirled the pitch fork around and out of thin air dropped a black pearl and it placed it in her hand and wished her a good day.

Examining it closely she looked up as John smiled.

"That nasty little booger is a Giblet. They like to give people a hard time and trick and hustle them with their faux pearls but seems that one was quite grateful so it gifted you a real one instead. They are powerless without their pitch forks."
"I thought black pearls came from the ocean....."
"Not in the Demon Realm my Dear"

Talia pouted and continued to swat at a little glowing bug that kept flying in her face.

"This firefly is really starting to piss me off...."
"I BEG YOUR PARDON BUT IT IS YOU MY DEAR WHO IS PISSING ME OFF!"

Opening her hand the light landed in her palm and she gasped and apologized. It wasn't a firefly but a little glowing being that was closely related to a sprite with an attitude.

"I'm so sorry!"
"I am too. I'm sorry you have to live with a head as large as yours! I've been trying to fly by it for forever now!"
"How rude!"
"I am a Crude thank you very much!"

The being adjusted it's clothing and floated over Talia's head leaving her dumb founded. Mark chuckled and shook his head.

"Nothing is ever what it seems here. Crude's are cranky little beings who live in the cracks of buildings. The crankier they are the brighter they glow so they make sure to get worked up before nightfall so they can help illuminate the streets."
"That's nice of them....but they're so mean!"
"Tragic little beings aren't they hahaha"

The group stopped walking as a child with their mother halted and the little copper haired boy tugged on Chrys' coat.

"I want one!"
"The coat sweetheart? It's a females coat."

The little boy shook his head and pointed towards her seal.

"A DOLL! I WANT A DOLL TOO!"

Mark knelt and ruffled the little boys hair making his little horns pop out from the sides of his head.

"When you're older you can have one"
"But my friends say Dolls are for girls."
"Well screw what your friends say, you do whatever you want that makes you happy"

The little boy nodded and ran off with his mother following after.

"Master how did he know we were Dolls?"
"If you all haven't noticed yet compared to anyone here you all look like walking porcelain Dolls."

They all peered at their reflection in a store window and nodded in agreement. Their skin was porcelain, pale and glowing and they were dressed elegantly in contrast to the dreary settings and not noticing till now their whole demeanor was very Doll like.

The Demonic bird with a dragon tail squawked obnoxiously and burped up fire as they entered the candy shop. Karin wanted to see if it would be like that of her story and it was. Floors upon floors of products magically fit in this small building and children and adults alike were bustling around.

You could either travel up the spiral stair case to get to the higher levels or you could enter a small red box like lift with gold and white decorations that was controlled by a magical Armadillo and Koala bear in bow ties and a hat.

Witches with green faces and fangs were brewing some sticky substance in their cauldron and the girls gasped and protected their heads as she threw the gloppy syrup at them but before it could coat them it exploded into bubbles.

"FREE SAMPLES! GET YOUR FREE SAMPLES!"

Her ragged voice called out and people reached up and grabbed a bubble and she sighed annoyed.

"You don't eat them like that....imbeciles....."

She grumbled and Mari approached curiously and asked what the proper way was to eat it. She was a bit skeptical as the Witch told her to just keep open but as soon as the bubble landed in she hummed happily.

It was sweet and sour and turned into a gummy candy. She had said if you were to touch the bubble before it entered your mouth it would mess with the smooth texture of the gummy.

Faun walked over to their "Best Selling" section and looked curiously at their Number #1 product.

"An Olly One?"

It was just a small flattened cardboard box. As she reached for one a store's associate swatted her hand.

"No touching unless you buy"
"But it's just a box...."
"Oh but my Dear the box is the product."

Mona came by and handed the associate money and Faun folded up the colorful box and peered at it curiously. It looked like something you would purchase from a carnival.

"But it's just an empty box, how is this your number one seller?"

The associate smiled revealing his fangs and with a thin tongue slither and a hiss he urged her to shake it. Doing as she was told she hummed as something jingled inside. Opening the lid she found a piece of chocolate that wasn't there before and popped into and she smiled. It tasted like peach, she loved peach.

"See? The Olly One, named after the Demon who created it, is best know as the "All in One." With each shake it will conjure a piece of candy that the builder of the box will enjoy without fail, that's why you can't touch the boxes unless you buy them or you'll ruin the choices of the next Demons who purchase them~"
"That's so cool! Thank you!"

He smiled and tipped his hat revealing his single horn and she waved and traveled around the store with Mona. Chrysalis stood in front of the giant gummy section and she pulled out a pale pink cream Strawberry gummy that was the size of her head and shook it.

"Is it a pillow?"
"Your hair would get caught if you tried to sleep on that Pretty"

She turned and smiled at Mark who held out a baggy full of smaller strawberry gummies to her and she placed the larger back on the shelf and took the candy gratefully. He grabbed two and stuck them to his fangs and made a funny face that had Chrys giggling.

"Unlike human candy, Demon realm candy is always made of all natural ingredients and nothing harmful. From chocolates to gummies you will never taste anything better"
"What about preservatives?"
"What can preserve anything better than magic?"

"WEEEEEEEeeeEEEeEeE!♥"

The two looked over and smiled and waved. Karin was floating on a cloud of cotton candy and they were slowly descending as Herbert continued to stuff it into his mouth, Talia and Faun were swinging from liqourice vines and Mari was floating inside of a bubble courtesy of her new Witch friend.

Rea looked up while standing next to Mona and she continued to eat what looked like a flower but it was really made of a very fine chocolate and the inside was filled with the star candies she loved so much.

Floating near the door Mari yelped as a Demon with horns protruding from his shoulder popped her bubble by accident and she landed in it's pocket like a baby kangaroo.

"My apologies Miss"

He grumbled lowly and he gently plucked her out and placed her on the floor.

"No I should apologize for invading your....pocket?"

He pulled on his pants that were way too large and shook his head.

"The Tailor made them too big"
"Well look at the bright side sir you don't need shopping bags"

The building shook as the massive Demon laughed and he nodded and carried on his way, the shelves of products magically sliding out of his way and rearranging themselves.

Chrys peered up at Mark and he tilted his head to the side curiously.

"You said there weren't nice Demons?"

"I said there were civilized Demons hahaha We're in one of the nicer villages, middle class, where Demons both magic and none magical co-exist in peace. Magic here is used minimally so everything is very rustic because they were often built by hand.

Far off there are battered towns of brooding Demons that are more monstrous and uncivilized and opposite that is around Jaebeom's castle where higher society Demons tend to reside. There, things are more modern since Demons throw around money and magic like the most conceited of humans."

The group left the shop with little goodie bags and they were on their way to a restaurant for lunch. Chrys peered forward with crossed eyes as Mari blew a bubble for her and urged her to eat it. Mmmmm apple gummy~

"Hold~"

John called from the back and everyone peered behind at Karin who got distracted by a book store. Shuffling through the books in the bin her sisters joined her curiously.

"Is there anything in particular you're searching for?"

They looked up and their eyes rounded. The store owner was a giant caterpillar with a monocle and a white mustache. Mark came behind his girls and beamed at the elderly gentle-creature.

"It's my girls first trip, would you care to show them your more interesting stock?"
"Of course~"

He crawled back deeper into the store and Talia nudged Karin and whispered.

"And I thought you were a book worm hahaha"

The owner came back with a box of things and the girls dug around curiously. Invisible pens that never ran out of ink, pencils that reappeared in front of you no matter where you left it, notebooks that wrote notes for you as you spoke, diaries with intricate locks, it truly was a box of interesting stock.

"What's this Master?"

Rea pulled out a red leather book and flipped through the blank pages. Mark looked over and scrunched his face cutely.

"A study buddy"
"Pardon?"
"As you write notes in it little blocks of additional information like fun facts will appear."
"Why did you make such a face?"
"I've had them growing up. I'm not fond of studying so having to learn more than necessary wasn't very fun"

Mari lifted what looked like a snow globe and examined it closely.

"Miss Mona what's this?"
"It's a projector. You place it on top of your novel and it'll play out the story for you inside the crystal ball"
"That's oddly convenient"
"And quite expensive for the normal Demon"
"Oh"
"But we're not normal hahaha would you like it?"
"Yes please"

Karin gasped as she opened a book and the characters waved at her and she waved back. There were book marks that moved as well, a flowing stream, clouds floating and Herbert tried to grab the one with the fish floating in the ocean.

Chrysalis grabbed a fancy looking notebook that said "Try Me." The instructions were simple: Write a letter to someone. She grabbed the attached pen and wrote a little message and she watched amazed as the page ripped itself out.

It folded into a paper bird and flew over to Mark's shoulder and he peered over and smiled. The bird opened up in his hand and he looked from the note to her and Chrys averted her gaze and placed the book back down.

"Purchase what you'd like everyone so we may take our leave, it seems Chrysalis is hungry"

He chuckled and revealed the cute little note with a doodle depicting she was hungry and she hid embarrassedly behind Lillith.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Double update because I want to keep exploring Demon Realm♥ Just wait I'll talk more in the next update thingy I promise just give me a moment! But first off thank you mae_revery for the lovely art \o/ I was sick in bed and feeling very down so when I got this you can't even imagine how happy I was! Thank you so much m( _ _)m!