░ Chapter 32 ░

◄◄The Play House ►►

Author Note: Happy Friday everybody \o/ (Holy crap second Friday in a row I updated on time) There’s a tropical storm blowing right now so I’m writing this on Word incase the power goes out so I know it would at least save♥ Last update was pretty intense wasn’t it? Jaebeom’s been captured by the evil Mistress, Victoria wants Chrys’ head and dare I bring it up again but poor Miss Mona and the locked up Dolls. Where did that hole in the tree take us? Let’s find out on this week’s Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you want to play? (Warning it is a dialogue heavy chapter~)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The small white cottage was in ruins. Katalena’s little boots carefully stepped over the debris and shattered glass as she looked around with misty silver eyes.

She bent over and picked up the crumbled up paper that read “RUN” and her pale pink lips frowned.

Looking up at the huge round hole in the wall she jumped into the air and curled into a ball. Upon landing on the floor she phased into a shadow and followed an unknown trail. She wouldn’t lose her again. Not again.


“Can you let me go now please Chanyeol?”
“Oh excuse me for trying to catch my breath after rolling away from a pack of Killer Dolls”
“I’m so sorry…..”
“Wait! I didn’t mean that in a mean way! Oh crap…….”

The giant beast unraveled and gently placed Chrysalis down on the ground. The soft grass underneath her made her skin itch as she absent mindedly pulled a few blades out in between her fingers.

She stared up at the monster in front of her curiously who’s large shoulders rose and fell with it’s breathing. He blinked a few times then lifted one of his claws and pointed at her teasingly and snorted.

“You look like a mess hahaha”

Chanyeol that’s no way to speak to a lady

The two looked over her shoulder into the darkness for the foreign voice but saw no one.

Over here Sweetheart

Chrys turned her head away and gasped as something tapped her shoulder. It was a thin vine covered sparsely in little leaves.

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you

“Is….this vine speaking?”

No actually the giant tree that the vine is connected to is speaking Sweetheart. My face is over here

The vine pointed towards a rather thick tree trunk. As Chrys approached it the leaves began to twinkle with white lights that illuminated the wrinkled face in the dark bark.

One of the thicker branches lowered and bent to represent a bow and she in turn curtsied respectfully.

Vander Oak Pine is the name Sweetheart. Entrance guard of the Enchanted Forest.

The Enchanted Forest? Mark said that there were other magical places besides the Demon realm!

She turned to Chanyeol and frowned.

“You said trees can’t giggle”
“They can’t! They have a terrible sense of humor! They’re so stiff and rough! OW!

Oh Woops

Vander's wooden lips whistled inconspicuously. Chanyeol's pointed ears flattened as he rubbed his head where a large piece of bark fell from the tree tops and landed on his head with a thud.

Chrys froze as a vine with a glowing tip circled around her like a metal detector. As it passed by her seal it buzzed faintly and the tree frowned.

Chanyeol she has a mark of a Demon

“So what?”

You know magical realms usually stay clear of each other. I’m a bit hesitant…..

“Did you sense any evil in her Vander Oak?”

Well no…..

“I am the Guardian of the Enchanted Forest Realm and help all those in need no matter who or what and I see no reason as to why we can’t let Chrys inside.”

My apologies. Right this way Sweetheart, do watch your step

The surrounding trees began to twinkle in the same white light revealing a pebbled path.

“Thank you Mr. Vander Oak. I mean no harm”

I know Sweetheart. I do hope your issues are resolved soon so the sadness shrouding your heart can be lifted. It is beautiful from what I could faintly see.

“Thank you sir.”
 
Chanyeol held out one of his massive claws and he smiled with his rows of fangs as Chrys held onto him.

Woodland creatures poked out to investigate the stranger in their land. Bunnies whispered into each other’s massive ears, Deer blinked with all four of their eyes, and more trees produced faces and smiled at her.

The deeper they traveled the brighter the mystical lights twinkled. Giant butterflies with silk wings fluttered around curiously so Chanyeol shooed them away and Chrys was surprised to hear them giggle.

They came to a running stream that twinkled in rainbow colors. The waters were crystal clear and the aquatic creatures all stopped swimming and looked up at Chrys with rounded eyes.

She waved shyly then gasped as the fish and turtles waved back.

“How do we get across? There are no rocks or anything to step on…..”
“We ask nicely!”

The Chanyeol beast’s chest grumbled with it’s low giggle from the confused look on her face.

“Aquiesse, permission to cross your waters”

Permission granted, please watch your step

A light mist rolled across the top of the water and Chrys’s eyes widened as Chanyeol stepped out and didn’t fall through.

He tugged her gently causing her to stumble forward and she stared down in wonder. They were walking on top of water!

The fish swam over and followed her steps that left water ripples.

“This is impossible……”
“We were chased by Demonic Dolls and you traveled inside of my curled up body yet you find walking on water impossible? HAH!"

Once across the stream the two turned and bowed gratefully and the mist evaporated.

“What’s Aquiesse?”
“The Spirit of the Water. You can communicate with her through any body of water in the Enchanted forest.”

She looked down at her little hand on his massive claw then blinked up at him curiously.

“And….what are you?”
“Hungry…….OH! You meant creature! Haha Sorry. I’m a Whorler~ Ummmm…how do I explain this……”

Chrys yelped as Chanyeol awkwardly plopped on the ground causing the floor to quake and he raised his massive claws to help in his explanation.

“Imagine a Werewolf, an Armadillo, a Porcupine and a Mole all ran smack dab into each other and combined then were sprinkled with a bit of magic! That’s basically a Whorler! We’re ummm…usually……”

“Hello Chanyeol”

The two looked up to see two mighty Unicorns, one midnight black and the other one white as snow.

They were much larger than the Demon Realm horses Chrys had become used to and she jumped as Chanyeol poked her side and urged her to bow.

“Your Majesty the King and Queen, how are you?”

Chrys blushed profusely and immediately bowed respectfully. The King and Queen!

“You may stand. My, she is pretty, the trees weren’t exaggerating.”

Chrys stood along with Chanyeol and watched as the majestic beasts shrouded themselves in sparkles and mist and transformed into human like form.

The King’s hair was jet back and straight, reaching down to his lower back. His skin was tanned and he looked to be around 40 years old, in human years.

He wore a long black trench coat with white designs and fancy decorations, white riding pants and black boots with golden clasps.

The Queen was his opposite. Her hair was snow white and wavy, fair blushed skin and her gown was snow white with black designs.

The two had pointed elf ears and their eyes swirled around like fog inside of a crystal ball.

“The trees sir?”

Chrys asked curiously and the King pointed to the trees who were eaves dropping and immediately withdrew their faces back into their trunks from being caught.

“Don’t mind them. They’re gossipers but they mean well hahaha.”

The Queen approached the two, her hand caressed Chrys’ face and she smiled.

“Vander Oak was right. You have a beautiful heart but it’s shrouded in darkness and despair.”

She looked up at Chanyeol then motioned for the two to follow her.

“You must be exhausted, please rest.”

They had arrived at a clearing. The large round space was surrounded by trees and a small mote of rainbow water.

There was a huge fire in the center surrounded by sitting boulders and the skies were wide and clear, blanketed in twinkling stars.

There were children running around, chasing fireflies and fairies and as they caught sight of Chanyeol they squealed and ran towards him with open arms.

He knelt to their height and easily held all the children in his large furry arms making Chrys smile.

One of the little boys skipped over to her and took off his cap revealing his pointed ears and he bowed shyly as he held out a daisy to her.

“Why thank you very much”

She knelt and allowed him to place the flower in her hair and he giggled and ran as she patted his head.

Sitting on a boulder watching as the children climbed Chanyeol’s spikes Chrys bowed as the King and Queen returned with food.

All natural things grown in the forest and leaves were used as plates.

“There’s plenty so help yourself Chrys”
“Thank you your Majesties.”

Inhabitants of the Enchanted forest looked over curiously as they wandered around. Elves, trolls, animals, fairies, it was like a scene out of a fairytale.  

“You may ask us anything that’s on your mind but in turn you must answer any questions we may have Sweetheart.”
“Have you no castle your Majesties?”
“A castle is nothing but a home and the entire Forest is our home so there’s no need to confine ourselves in walls”

A butterfly fluttered over landing on Chrys’ nose and the King and Queen laughed gracefully as she sneezed.

“Mr. Vander Oak, he…..”

“Inspected you upon arrival. The light allows him to see into your soul and he will deem you pure of heart or evil. If you are pure of heart you are thus granted entrance into the Realm but if you are evil then you will be turned away, and if you won’t leave quietly that’s what we have Chanyeol for.”

She looked over at Chanyeol who was rolling away from the laughing children then back at the King and Queen.

“And Chanyeol?”

“The Guardian of the Enchanted Forest, a Knight if you must. This is a rather peaceful realm but when there is conflict everyone goes to Chanyeol for assistance.”

“I’ve seen no other Whorlers around?”

“Whorlers……are an extinct species I’m afraid. Chanyeol is the only one left. Naturally the beasts have a strong sense of justice, a will to protect those closest to them but those feelings are overshadowed by their constant sense of rage and animal like behavior. Easily angered, always looking for a fight, the race were feared for being too violent and they eventually wiped themselves out.”

That didn’t sound like Chanyeol at all. He was probably one of the gentlest people she’s ever encountered.

Sure he would have his moments of rage, mostly occurring when he had to think but he never lashed out but instead would roll around. A strong sense of justice? It would explain why liars upset him so.

“So he doesn’t have a family?”
“Everyone in the enchanted forest is my family Chrys. Don’t frown for me there’s no need”

Chanyeol back in human form sat on the ground next to Chrys and as children arrived he laid his head in her lap and pretended to sleep.

The Queen giggled and softly spoke to the children.

“Chanyeol is tired little ones, it’d be best to let him rest.”

Some frowned while others nodded and as he heard little feet scurry away Chanyeol smiled with his eyes closed at how cute they were.

“How come you’re nothing like the Whorlers described?”
“Just lucky I guess.”
“We’re the lucky ones to have such a reliable Guardian and friend”

The King patted his back and Chanyeol blushed embarrassedly.

“Now Chrys may we ask you things?”

Chrys nodded and Chanyeol instantly sat up and looked up at her curiously with his fists under his chin.

“The mark of a Demon on your neck Dear. Can you explain it?”
“I….I’m a Demon’s Doll your Majesty. I….”
“No need to explain Sweetheart we are aware of beings in the Demon Realm. Please go on.”
“Well actually I’m a Demon’s Deity.”

The three gasped and Chanyeol whined and shook her knee upsetly.

Why didn’t you say so!? What are you doing away from your Demon!? No wonder you‘ve been so miserable!”
“You know about Deities?”
“Love is universal. It exists in all words, realms and is the one thing we all have in common and understand. Why on Earth would you leave your Demon?”
“I was told to leave him to protect him. Well pushed out of a window……but”

The three listened to Chrysalis’ tale of the evil Puppeteer and the Rogue Dolls and her plan of trying to go for help but it completely backfired leaving her miserable and alone and almost killing her.

“Well obviously Chrys you’re not gonna get to the Demon Realm using the tunnel! You’re only human!”

“Huh?”

“It’s an enchanted tunnel Dumbo! As a human the only place you could end up by traveling the tunnel would be the human realm. If you were a Demon or with a Demon then you could return to the Demon Realm!”

“Did….you just call me a Dumbo Chanyeol?”

“Yes I did! Dumbo Dumbo Dumbo! If my Covet were to do what you did I’d go berserk ahhhh!”

Frustrated Chanyeol curled up into a ball and rolled away making the King and Queen smile warmly.

“A Covet?”
“A Whorler’s equivalent of a Deity Dear. You are aware that your actions were not very wise, you should have never left Mr. Tuan.”
“Yes your Majesty. Can you help me?”

The King frowned and shook his head.

“I’m not so sure. The only way to enter the Enchanted Forest is through passages in trees so we’ve never had a use for the tunnel…….”

Chrys frowned and she felt tears prick her eyes. She just wanted to go home. The Queen reached for her hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

“Do you love your family Chrysalis?”
“More than anything in this world your Majesty and I want nothing more then to be with them again.”
“Are you giving up then?”
“Never.”
“Then neither shall I”

The Queen stood from her seat and shrouded herself in a magical mist and Chrys stared wide eyed as she transformed into a large white bird reminiscent of a Phoenix.

The majestic being batted her wings and levitated into the air. Once high in the sky her Majesty remained still with her eyes closed.

“I…I thought you two were Unicorns….”
“We can transform into any form Dear. Hush now the Queen is communicating.”
“Pardon?”
“She’s addressing everyone in the Realm with your story and asking for help.”
“But I hear nothing”
“She’s speaking through the wind. It travels faster than trees.”

Everyone closed their eyes. All Chrys felt was a gentle breeze but to the creatures and beings of the realm it was the gentle voice of their Queen caressing their ears.

Soon the breeze became stronger, rustling the leaves of the trees and the Queen returned to the Earth.

Something tapped Chrys’ leg and as she looked down she held back a sob. A vine grew a flower and she immediately recognized it.

May we be of assistance?

She turned her head and tears streamed down as she came face to face with those familiar Carnivorous bulbs with razor sharp teeth that bowed courteously using their leaves.

The plants from the Demon Realm Restaurant, that means……

“CHRYSALIS! CHRYSALIS DEAR IS THAT YOU!?”

Chanyeol returned to Chrys’s side and placed a protective hand on her shoulder as they all turned to look into the bushes.

The huge shrubbery rustled and out popped a woman with her dark hair in a bun and her worried eyes flashed a golden color.

Spotting Chrysalis Mama Jinyoung dropped her basket and ran towards the girl and Chanyeol yelped as Chrys ran full speed ahead.

In the familiar woman’s arms Chrysalis sobbed longingly and the Demon’s mother rubbed her head soothingly.

“Are you going to try to kill me too Mama Jinyoung…..”
“Sweet heavens of course not! My poor Dear! Your Majesties, Chanyeol.”

The King, Queen and Chanyeol stood behind Chrysalis and bowed. With a runny nose Chrys looked up and choked on her cries.

“What….what are you doing here?”
“I was gathering ingredients for the restaurant! And good thing too!”
“How are you here….you’re from the Demon Realm…..”
“My carnivorous plant Babies Sweetheart. Talking vegetation is an Enchanted Forest thing and with their help I can enter through the tree’s passage. Oh look at you! You poor thing! Jinyoung and the others have been looking all over for you the moment they heard Mark had been taken over by a Puppeteer!”
“I had to leave….I…..”
“Shhhh breathe Dear breathe”

Mama Jinyoung looked up and bowed gratefully at the Woodland beings.

“Thank you so much for finding her”
“It wasn’t us, it was Chanyeol. Another job well done.”
“My job’s not done yet.”

Chanyeol stated seriously and Chrys looked back at him with swollen eyes.

“What?”
“Mark’s still in trouble and you’re still in danger. My job’s not over until everyone’s safe.”

The King frowned.

“But Chanyeol, it’s a Demon Realm problem, you need not…..”
“I do need to your Majesty. Justice is Justice no matter where or in what form and friends don’t let friends down. Right Chrys?”

Chanyeol grunted as Chrys latched onto him for a strong hug and his cheeks blushed as he awkwardly wrapped his arms around her.

“Awww Chrys…it’s okay….”
“Oh look his cheeks are so red~”
“Your Majesty please! Ma‘m may we leave now?? Before I possibly die of embarrasment….or roll off a cliff......”


“NO THAT WON’T WORK!”
“Hyung don’t yell, they’re just trying to help!”
“I know, I’m sorry but ugh WHERE IS JACKSON!?”

Jinyoung threw the table over BamBam and Yugyeom’s head causing it to shatter against the wall.  

The magical message from Karin arrived warning them that the Grand Master had fallen and the five of them had been trying to come up with a rescue plan.

Well four of them, Jackson’s head was never there. He was fidgety and agitated and at some point he just got up and left as if he were in a trance and their calls were completely ignored.

you Jaebeom! Why didn’t he tell him, his best friend, his brother about this evil Puppeteer he apparently already knew about?

Did he let this happen, did he let himself be captured as repentance for his sins that started all this?

“I should have never left Karin alone……She’s probably terrified by now…….”

Yugyeom frowned and the more agitated he grew the more the ground cracked under his weight and BamBam shoved him lightly.

“Dude relax before you fall to the center of the world”
“What are we going to do then!? Our Dolls aren’t meant for this kind of combat……”

Youngjae chuckled as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.

“What are you laughing about?”
“Did you all forget? They’re just Dolls.”
“So? They’re friggin strong Dolls!”
“Friggin strong Dolls that would be nothing but humans if not for Demons. We are the ultimate species guys, we command humans not the other way around.”

Jinyoung shook his head in disbelief.

“So you’re suggesting….”
“That we just let loose? Hell yeah! The five of us against a bunch of Dolls? I’d like to see them try.”

The youngest cheered but BamBam stopped and his eyes rounded.

“But what about Mark? Dolls we can handle but other Demons…..”

“Knock Knock~”

The four looked over at the door where a female voice cooed and Jinyoung frowned cutely and stomped his foot.

“Mama we’re really busy right now can you come back later!”
“But I brought something……”
“Mommy we’re not hungry!”
“Speak for yourself!”
“BamBam focus!”
“Oh I think you’ll be needing this Sweetheart”

The door opened and the four Demons immediately blurred over with eyes wide in shock. Before she could bow respectfully to her Masters BamBam lifted Chrysalis up in his arms and spun her around.

“OH MY GOD!!!!”

His tail whipped out knocking Yugyeom over causing the maknae Demon to yelp. Once back on the ground Jinyoung grabbed her hand assessing her aura and his eyes wrinkled as he smiled.

“It really is you! Where the hell have you been!?”
“Sunmi pushed me out a window……”
“And what!? You fell in a hole and just got out or something!? Sweet Jesus Chrys we’ve been so worried! Thanks Mom best present ever!”
“I expect my kisses later~”
“Yes Ma’m!”

The boys cooed as she walked away and Youngjae hummed as he caught sight of Chanyeol. He nudged Chrys in the side.

“Who’s your friend?”
“Chanyeol”
“The Enchanted Forests’ Guardian?”
“One in the same Master. How do you know him?”
“The last living Whorler, who wouldn’t know of such a legendary beast. So strong he could match a Demon in strength anyday.”

Chanyeol smirked from the praise.

“But you all play dirty with your magic”
“We’re Demons and we play to win. We’re not a buddy buddy creature from the Forest who care about being fair”
“Master Youngjae please be nice, he’s here to help.”

Chanyeol looked at Chrys and shivered.

“What?”
“It’s weird you calling someone “Master.” I never got the whole Doll thing but to each their own I guess.”
“Are you all done? Can we focus now?”

Jinyoung spat out impatiently and everyone apologized. He noticed how close Chanyeol was standing next to Chrysalis and he tugged her closer to his side and narrowed his eyes.

“You do know she’s a Deity so if you have any feelings…..”
“Don’t worry about me, if she were to be my Covet do you really think you’d have your hand still after touching her?”

Chanyeol smiled and Jinyoung shrugged his shoulders. Chrys looked up at the boys curiously.

“So what’s the plan Master Jinyoung?”
“Us Demons will take care of the Dolls and….”
“I’ll take care of Mark.”
“No one else can besides you Chrys.”
“And I’ll watch over you”

Chanyeol placed a hand on Chrys’ shoulder and everyone met each other’s gazes. Time to pay the Grand Master’s Castle a little visit.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author Note: Is there a breeze outside? Close your eyes, do you hear someone talking to you? And see parents help with everything so make sure to be nice to yours! Jackson where are you!? The showdown begins next week and I hope you enjoyed this week’s Playhouse m(_ _)m Do you still want to play?

PS# The power did go out while I was eating lunch, three times so thank goodness for Word Recovery @~@