Sirens

Gongzhu/Princess [Currently Being Revised]

Waaaaaaaaahooooooo!

Can you guys beleive its the 23rd chapter XD

PAWTY!!! >3<~

 

Anyways, I know I kept you all in suspense,

so no cover image this time.

I just want to quickly start the chapter ^^ 

***************************************************************************************************

Amber POV:

Maybe it was the blood rushing into her head or the four hours of sleep she had but Amber was one hundred percent certain that there was something very wrong with her hearing. Otherwise, there was something extremly wrong with her brain. One way or another, her body was not functioning properly because the words that fell from the man above her sounded like something from her recent dreams. It sounded like something straight out of a kdrama.

It sounded like a confession. 

Scrunching her eyebrows together, Amber looked up at the man staring down at her own. 'What...what did he...just say?' she thought, her mind beginning to cloud.

'That word...

that L word...

did he just say that L word?'

Blinking her eyes rapidly, as if her sight had something to do with her sudden loss of understanding, Amber struggled to keep her eyes focused on Kris, the feelings refelcted in his eyes foregin to her.

'L-love...Love...

LOVE?!'

Her heart clenched, aching in her chest, and suddenly she felt like she could breathe. 

"W-what do you mean by...love?" her voice barely a whisper. Closing her eyes shut, Amber let out a steady breath, her pulse deafening against her ears.

She was scared. She was so, so scared.

Even more scared than when shes in the dark alone. Because suddenly, Kris' answer to her question became the most important thing to her.

"Amber..." he began, his voice toned like deep velvet, "Oh Amber. Dont you notice it?

The way I always look for you in crowds?

The way I smile and laugh with no other girl but you?

How I use any and every oppurtunity to get close with you?

Dont you see it?

 

Amber Josphenine Liu, Im completly in love with you!"

 

Letting out a shaky breathe, she felt her eyes begin to sting. 'He...he loves....Kris loves me?' The happiness and warmth that suddenly filled her almost made her dizzy as her eyes brimmed with tears. 'He loves me' she thought.,'He actually loves me...just like I love him.' She felt Kris shift above her suddenly, his voice filled with panic, "Wait, Amber why are you crying!?" he exclaimed, cupping one of her cheeks as a fresh tear dripped onto his hand. "Im sorry! Im sorry! I didnt mean to make you feel sad!" he said rushed, trying to soothe her as he quickly began to untangle himself from her. 'Wait no...' she thought as she felt Kris move away, she had already lost him years ago when he left for China and there was NO WAY Amber was going to repeat that mistake. "Kris!" she called out as she pulled him down onto the floor once again. Pressing her hands over his cheeks, she forced him to keep still and turn to her. His eyes were wide at her sudden actions but he stopped moving and just looked at her, waiting for whatever was to come. She knew Kris was nervous and assumed that her tears meant rejection instead of her true feelings of happiness. Amber breathed in and out, closing and opening her eyes until she felt her watery vision clear and her euphoric feelings calm. 'Okay...' she thought, it was the perfect time to tell him, her heart was ready for it. But right when she was about to let the words out, her mind stopped her. 'Wait...' she thought, 'I cant...at least just not right now...'. Amber looked back at Kris, straight into his eyes, 

"Please, just keep your heart with you for one more day. 

I have one more thing to do. Then afterwards, I...

Ill take you heart from you"

She said quickly, her face burning as she quickly gave him a tight hug before running back into the palace, all before Kris could react.

Kris on the other hand, fell onto the floor, his mouth agape and slowly trying to process what had just happened. After a few moments, the guards had rushed into the court, startled by the loud hollering of "YESYESYESYEEEEEESSSS!!!"

                                                                    -------------------------

Rushing past the night guards stationed on the corners, Amber burst into her Geges room. She knew her Gege wasnt sleeping just yet, as he had a late shift today. "Gege! Gege!" she exclamied as she bounced on the bundle of blankets. A groan was heard from underneath as her Geges hand came out and stilled her body. His head popping out from underneath, Gege looked at Amber, giving her a fond smile. "Whats wrong Ambie? Cant sleep?" he asked, proceeding to sit up with her sliding onto his lap. Amber suddenly felt her face flush, as she began fiddling with her fingers. Oh boy, she didnt even think about what she would say to him before flashing over here. Clearing , Amber glanced up to look at her Gege who rose a single eyebrow at her odd behavior. "What? What is it?" he asked, knowing something was up. Amber took a deep breathe. She had to know tha answer to this, then she would be able to tell Kris she loved him too. Afterall, she was a princess. Her decisions and actions affected not only her but her country and people as well. "G-gege...what are the requirments for a princess' possible husband...?" she stuttered, unable to look him in the eye for fear of him figuring out what led her to ask that question. "Well...he shouldnt have any criminal records, he needs to be able to speak the language, be on good terms with the royal family and the people, and most importantly, he must not hinder you from ruling the country and accept his position as future king." he said. Amber jumped up slightly, excited because Kris definetly fit in all those requirments...well except for the King and family part but she could ask him about that later. But the sudden change in Ambers mood caught her Geges watchful eyes. He inched closer to her, looking into her eyes, "Why? Is there a reason why you asked?". Amber gulped, "N-no. No reason." she says quickly before climbing of the bed, "Um, Im going to go sleep Gege..." she said as she ran out the room, making sure not to turn back for Gege to see her blushing face. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dao Fang:

Watching his cousin run out the room, Dao Fang leaned back into his beds headrest, his index finger tapping against the matress. He knew Amber was hiding something from him. If he couldnt figure that much out, he didnt have a right to call himself her Gege. 'Why was she suddenly asking about-' his thoughts were interupted by the image of one particular man Dao Fang had come to dislike.  "Yi Fan!" he growled, his hands clenching the silk blanket under him. 'That bas***d! Did he confess to her!?' he scoffed, after he had warned him to stay away! Anger surged through him as he lept from the bed and pulled out his sword from his rack in one swoop. Stopping midway through the door, Dao Fang held his temper back. 'No, no I cant kill him....at least not yet' he thought, not wanting to cause trouble for Amber (not to mention how upset she would be). Putting the sword back and returning to his bed, he looked up at the celeling. 

Tommorow...

tommorow he'll find out Yi Fans true intentions towards his princess.

                                                                      -------------------------

And the next day couldnt have come earlier for Dao Fang as he rushed down the palace hallway to the place he asked Yi Fan to meet with him. He cocked his head up straight as the two tall men looked at each other, the atmosphere already heavy. "Did you have something to say to me?" Kris asked, not faltering his gaze as Dao Fang countined to glare at him. Dao Fang scoffed, "Why are you saying you love Amber?" he said, taking a step foward. Confusion crossed over Kris' face, "What do you mean? Of course Id say that I love her if I love her..." he said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Dao Fang stared at him, reading his face, trying to find any signs of hesitation. As he was about to respond, a small figure in a bush behind Kris caught his attention. He narrowed his eyes, knowing he told the guards to leave them alone, so who was this? Straining his neck slightly, he caught sight of long hair and pink robes. 'Li Kun?' he thought, 'why was she eavesdropping?'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Li Kun POV

Li Kun felt the tears in the corner of her eyes sting, 'How could he say he loves her?!' she thought, 'when this whole time I was loving him?! No...no, no, no! I cant accept this!'. She was not going to let go of the man of her dreams that easily! Especially the fact that there was no way she was going to willingly hand him over to some puppet princess that just reappeared in his life two weeks ago! 'Besides', she thought while forming a plan, 'even if he doesnt accept me now, hes going to have to some day'. If Yi Fan wasnt going to admit his feelings for her first, then she will! Pushing back the leaves of the bush she was hiding behind, Li Kun stood up and dusted herself off.

Flipping her hair over her shoulders, she smirked as she prepared herself for the performace that was to come. After all, she wasnt known as one of Chinas best actresses for no reason.  

"Yiiiiii Faaaaaan! Its ok you can stop now! You dont have to lie for me anymore!!" she cried out, running towards Kris with tears in her eyes. She crashed into him, wrapping her arms around his torso. "What?! What are you doing?!" Kris exclaimed, clearly suprised from the sudden interuption and her actions. Dao Fang on the other hand scoffed, as if expecting this exact situation. Li Kun looked up to Kris, peeking through her wet eyelashes then looked at Dao Fang,

"Its because of me that hes telling all these lies!" she exclaimed, dramatically putting her hand over her heart for affect, "He wanted to keep me safe from the paparazzi...but even if we still try to hide it, its all to obvious anyways!". Kris widen his eyes, "What are you talking about Li Kun?", he asked. Li Kun avoided looking into his eyes and instead focused on Dao Fang. "Youve seen us, infact, everyones seen how we act around each other! I mean...its obvious the way we spend time with each other, how he is such a gentleman towards me, the multiple rumors from the media, and even our amazing chemistry on screen! Its so obvious...

that we are in love!"

Kris' mouth fell open, "WHAT!?!" he yelled out, trying desperatly to remove Li Kun away from him.

But Li Kun held on.

She held on because her desire to have him, her spite towards Amber, and her natural greed to take what she wanted was too strong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dao Fang POV

He knew it.

He knew it all along! 

Ever since they had stepped foot into the palace, Kris and Li Kun was always with each other. Strolling in the gardens, sitting next to each other during meals, Dao Fang could go on. And the fact that Dao Fang almost beleived Kris just a few moments ago made him want to gag. Dao Fang felt a nerve on his forehead twitch, irritation slowly filling him as he heard Kris continue to play dumb, asking Li Kun to explain what she meant. At first, Dao Fang only saw Kris as a person who wanted to break his younger cousins heart. But it was only now that he strted finally connecting the pieces together. 

'That bas***d has know Amber for years and has never confessed his so called love for her. He even left her without saying goodbyw when they were friends! But NOW, now when he discovered shes a princess does he suddenly want to confess!!' he thought, his anger seeping out. Dao Fang chuckled, a dark aura surrounding him. Kris wasnt the first person to try this, oh no he wasnt. There were many men that tried to trick his baby cousin with false promises of love when in reality they just wanted money, power, and treasure. But Amber had never fallen for any of them...

except Kris.  

And he actually had the audacity to pretend to love her when he already had someone! Dao Fang clenched his fist, knuckles turning white and his nails digging into his flesh, deep enough that he felt blood. He hated it, he hated it so much when people took advantage of Ambers kindess! Just because she didnt show her tears didnt mean her heart wasnt in pain!   

Dao Fang was going to kill. If he didnt leave at this moment, he knew there would be bloodshed. Stepping back and creating as much distance as he could, he gave one last glance towards Kris.

"Stay away from Amber..." he growled, as he ran off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber POV

She had read many books where the heroine would see the world in pretty colors after falling in love. And although the color didnt become brighter for Amber, she was sure her happiness did. Spinning a white daisy in between her fingers, Amber looked at nothing in particular, her mind preocuppied with what was to come. She felt nervous, but excited at the same time. She was finally going to confess! No more hiding, no more sneaking, and no more running! But what should she confess with? Maybe a rose or choclates...wait was that a guy only thing? Oh whatever, she'll just have to break another gender restriction rule! 'Wait...roses and choclates?', Amber groaned when she realized she was becoming such a cliche. 'Ugh, Amber Joshpiene Liu is not a cliche!' she thought as she swung her legs of the balcony and dusted off her periwinkle robes. She was to meet a goverment offical today...

not to mention the love of her life...

so she dressed up for the occasion. Although she wouldnt ever admit it, this was one of her favorite robes. The stich work was absolutly beautiful (not to mention the color reminded her of her fans). Suddenly, the doors to her chambers swung open. Amber was about to pull out her sword when she noticed it was just her Gege. But her Gege had never entered her room without knocking first...nor did she hear the guards announcing his arrival. 'Something must be wrong...' she thought as she saw her Geges face filled with pure fury. "Gege-" but she was cut off when her cousin quickly pulled her over her bed, making her sit down as he sat across from her, "Amber", he said, rushing. "Gege, whats wrong?" she asked, searching his face and finding nothing but anger. He took a deep breath and she could tell he was trying to calm himself down. "Amber" he repeated, sense finally returning to him. His hands held onto Ambers shoulders firmly, "I know...about that guy..." he started off, avoiding her eyes for some reason. Slightly confused she tilted her head, that is until she realized what he meant and began blushing furiously. But Gege stopped her stuttering before she could come up with a lame excuse. "Im not blaming you Ambie" he said gently, rubbing her shoulder gently, "But...I came to warn you..." he said, his features quickly hardening. Amber looked at him more confused as Dao Fang let out an years worth of sigh. "Amber, you know I only think best for you, right?" he asked slowly. She nodded her head, of course she knew that, her Gege was the best! "Well...what Im about to tell you...is for your own good..." her Gege said softly.

"The so called love that guy holds for you...

I dont think its pure.

Amber...

 

I think hes trying to hurt you...

again."

 

***************************************************************************************************

Im so sorry guys!!!

My laptop decided to die on me over break,

which is why it took so long T^T

I have the worst luck ever!!! :/

 

But I really hope you enjoyed this update!

Please comment below on your thoughts~

Li Kun is so baaad (but I cant help but pity her... hey weve all been in a onesided love before- if not, then you are VERY LUCKY)

And Kris seriously needs to make things clear once and for all!

 

My other storeis shall be updated very soon as well,

so please anticipate it ^^

 

And wish me luck as I fight with other college kids for the librarys computer XD

HWAITING! >:3

 

BTW: I finally made my own account on fanfiction.net!

I cant believe it took me so long since Ive literally been on that site since I was 15!

There, I MIGHT make fanfictions on animes, tv shows, books, & movies ^^

Or just reccommed some really good fanfics...

Ill give you all the link to my account later~

 

**sorry no gifs this chpt, computers are being mean to me**