C h a p t e r 3 9

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      In the first month that Seungho was not present, Jiyeon and Soohyun reunited after one long year. With nothing to do, Soohyun spend most of his time with either Jiyeon or Gain. 

Soohyun was facing Jihyun, wanting to drop the news on her. "Don't apologize to me, you used me but I also used you." She straight up told him. 

Soohyun nodded with a relieved smile. 

Jiyeon sat by the Han River each day she wasn't with Soohyun. Beside her, Joongki would bring her drinks and food. He envied Seungho. Even after he have killed Soohyun, Jiyeon still loved him for the past year. 

In the second month, Gain finally managed to catch Jiyong walking down the street of Seoul with three women around his arms. She grabbed the back collar of his shirt, scaring the women around him. 

"Let's talk, Jiyong." Gain said as the lad whipped his head to see who it was. Jiyong let out a heavy sigh upon hearing her voice. 

"I have nothing to talk about, Gain." Jiyong said finally turning around to face her. 

"But I have a lot to say to you."

Jiyong folded his arms across his chest, "Fine, say it."

"Why did you help me? Why did you kill Sangwoo?"

Jiyong put on a sly smiled, "Because, I didn't like the way he was planning things. I cherished my father but I cherished my brother more. And I can remember it clearly, my father killed my mother when he learned that she was with another kind when she had Seungho. Also, I didn't want to rule the Atlantic.That's why I killed him when I had the chance to."

He paused for a moment to let the information sink into her mind. 

Though Gain didn't understand half of what he meant, she kept silent. 

"Did I answer your question?" He asked. 

A smile crawled onto her lips, "You did. Thank you." 

Jiyong flashed her a smile and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"Don't thank me. Thank Sungjong and Sungyeol. They were the ones who persuaded me in the end." 

Sungyeol and Sungjong were standing behind Gain, smiling at Jiyong. 

In the third month Gain was pregnant with Soohyun's child. She was to carry the child for 90 days and then give birth to it. 

News also came from the Arctic that Lord Jin has agreed to end all wars. And news of the black and white dragon spreaded like fire on oil.

In the fourth month Seyeon and Jongsuk returned to her home in the Arctic to asked for her father's permission. As Seungho was present, he also helped in convincing the elder. 

In the fifth month Seyeon and Jongsuk had their wedding and Jongsuk was given the crown by Lord Jin, in which he rejected with sincerity. Jongsuk and Seyeon wished to remain humans and continue to live in Busan. 

During the sixth month, Jongsuk and Seyeon had say they will be bringing Seungho home with them, to Busan. Thus, everyone swiftly headed toward Busan. 

Gain was also to give birth to her child in Busan. 

And so the ending of the sixth month was coming to a closed. 

Back in Busan Soohyun and Gain have settled down in his old home near the sea. Thankfully, Seyeon and Jongsuk have been keeping the place up and running during his absence. 

Soohyun helped Gain down to the couch gently as her baby bump was getting big. In just a few more days she was to deliver her baby.  

Joongki walked in soon after carrying Jiyeon's luggage for her, then heading toward her room and setting it down there. 

Meanwhile Jiyeon headed into the kitchen, "Gain are you hungry? I can make you something healthy, with no salt."

Gain smiled over to her, "That'd be great Jiyeon." 

Sungjong and Sungyeol entered the house noisily. 

"No, I will rely the news to Jiyong." Sungyeol stated strongly. 

"No I am going to do it because unlike you, I'm less clumsy." Sungjong said with his hands on his hips. 

"You little girl do you want to fight me?" Sungyeol barked, earning a death glare from Sungjong. 

"What are you two doing?" Soohyun asked in a rather loud voice to break through their little quarrel. 

"I wanted to send Jiyong words about what Seungho would have to say about the leader case in Atlantic, but this girl won't let me." Sungyeol said, pointing to Sungjong's face. 

The pretty boy scoffed, "Just look at how immature he is, how can I let him rely the message to our current leader?"

"Immature? Me?!"

"Enough!" Soohyun said, using his general-like tone. 

"Why don't the two of you just work together and send him a big message?" Gain asked. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter