C h a p t e r 2 5

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


❝ Damn it. ❞       Seungho opened the front door to his place. Inside, the only light was coming from the kitchen. He noticed the ramyun Jiyeon had made and left on the stove. "Jiyeon." Seungho called, hoping to see her coming out.    He had his left hand wrapped around his right shoulder, trying to cover the large wound on the right side of his back.    Seungho made his way back into his room, using the walls to support him. His legs felt heavy and he was slightly drowsy. "Jiyeon!" Seungho called out once more. He heard movement in the tunnel way; water splashing.    In the dark he saw a figure running toward him. Jiyeon slammed against him with her arms wrapped around his waist and her cheek against his bare chest. "Seungho." She whispered.    Seungho automatically placed a hand on her back, feeling her wet clothes. Even her once, wavy, warm hair was soaked in cold water. He could feel the iciness of her skin as well.    Jiyeon winced as she applied medicine on Seungho's wound. Just above his right shoulder blade, a huge hole at least three inches wide was visible and the wound was rather rawed after being soaked in water.    His skin was peeled off of him, along with some of his meat.    Seungho was sitting on the foot of the bed while Jiyeon sat on her knees, everytime she placed the medicine on, she would bit her lips even harder.    Seungho tighten his grip on the bed's sheets when Jiyeon tap the med onto an area that stung his whole body.    "Sorry...." Jiyeon said as she leaned forward to blow on it. Once she was done, she wrapped him with some bandages. He took the end from her and tried to hide the end into the other strips.    Jiyeon gently placed her hand over his wound. Tears formed on the corner of her eyes. "Why are you keeping so many things from me?" She asked under a painful whisper. "You never answered when I was calling out for you. It was the first time in my whole life that I've been so scare of losing someone. Even when mom and dad died and I had to grow up with Soohyun alone. It wasn't even as scary as if I were to suddenly lose you."    "I'm here now, aren't I?" Seungho asked. Jiyeon let out a heavy breath of air as tears rolled down her cheek.    "You're here, but you're not well."    Seungho didn't respond and instead stood up and moved away from her touch, he head over to his drawer and pulled out a shirt with his left hand. As he easily slip it on, he grabbed onto a towel.    "Let's get you washed up and change your clothes, you could get sick."   Gain was sitting on Soohyun's bed under the covers. Meanwhile Soohyun head in and quickly slip in. "Then, shall we sleep now?" Soohyun asked in a jokingly manner.    Gain only smiled and nodded at him. Soohyun reached over and turned off the light, then he quickly fell backward and tucked himself in.    "Ah it's been a long day. I'm so tired."    Gain continued to sit in the dark as she looked over. Her vision was becoming clearer as she was getting used to seeing in the dark.    "I've been fighting with too many sirens that I'm drained of energy." Soohyun continued to ramble. "At first I was worried about that brother of my brother-in-law being too good in capturing your heart that I—" Soohyun stopped for a moment. "Wait, if Seungho is my brother in law and that guy is Seungho's brother then....Eh! He's also my brother in law! I cannot accept this madness!"    "You're kicking too much." Gain comment on the side. Soohyun froze in his lying position.    "Sorry." He quickly added. He shut his eyes and let out a happy smile. "This is really the longest and best day of my life." 

"You never answered me Soohyun."

"Answered what?"

"Will you be coming to the Pacific with me or not?" Gain asked still in her sitting position.

"Honestly....The thought of moving is scary. The thought of living under the sea is even scarier. I can't imagine life under the sea. It just sounds like a dark world with large animals that wouldn't mind eating you...." 

"Then are you saying no to my request?" 

"Do I really have to choose? Can't you just stay here with me?"

"You know my Kingdom needs a leader and as their only leader now, I must go back."

"Or what?"

"What do you mean or what?" 

Soohyun sat up almost instantly, "Like what can possibly happen to them if you don't go back to them?" 

"They could fall under another siren's control." 

"I don't see why they would be a bad thing, I mean the new siren could be a good guy." 

"He may be a good guy, but my kind would only want me to lead and continue my family's generation of leading our kingdom." 

Soohyun sighed, "So, if I don't go with you, are you really going to leave me here?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter