C h a p t e r 2 1

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


❝ The Little Mermaid ❞       For whatever reason, everyone has gathered inside Seungho's home once again. None had bothered to ask him for his permission. And for unknown reasons, they were all in groups and the girls couldn't help but listen to the newcomers.    Soohyun was left out of the picture when he wasn't sure who he should save first. Should he protect his sister and fight against the most talkative one among the newcomers, or take his chances to rescue Seyeon, his new official girlfriend, from the tallest man in the room. Or should he go for Gain, the woman who he still has feelings for. After all, he might have a better chance fighting against the skinnest guy in the room.    Then again, they might gang up on him, seeing how they were all closer to one another than him.    He needed back-up.    But Seungho was nowhere to be seen. He quickly retreat into the rooms and whispered as he called out for Seungho.      "Your family was killed at the Han River. I witnessed the whole scene and took you in when you were the only survivor. By raising you, I also fed you power so that one day you can become the strongest creature in the sea. You may be human, but you're also becoming something like me."    Seungho was in his room when Soohyun hurried in without knocking. As he quietly shuts the door he ran over to Seungho and stood beside the lad, who has been staring out the window.    "Seungho, aren't you going to do something about those erts? They keep touching Gain, Jiyeon, and Seyeon!"    Seungho sighed a little through his nose, "Soohyun, let me ask you something instead."    "What?" Soohyun asked with raising eyebrows.    Seungho fold his arms across his chest, "Why did you come here?"    "What?" Soohyun asked again, this time his tone held no curiousity, instead it was full of confusion. "What do you mean?"    "You shouldn't surround yourself with sirens."    "Why not?" When Seungho didn't answer automatically, Soohyun began to come up with questions of his own. "Could it be because it's like some kind of forbidden thing? Like the little mermaid who couldn't become human and be with a human unless she gave up her voice?"    Seungho released an amused scoff, "That's fiction."    "Eh? Then why shouldn't I surround myself with sirens?" Soohyun asked as if it was the most normal and common thing to do in the world; hanging out with sea creatures.    "In the sea everyone are archenemies. The chances of us killing one another without a cause is high, especially when we want to test our power and expand our waters."    Soohyun kept a straight face as he listened attentively. It wasn't the first time he was listening to the younger's in-depth lecture.    "Therefore you may get hurt, so I advise you stay away. Even if it means you desperately want Han Gain, you cannot have her."    Soohyun frowned a little, wanting to oppose his statement.    "She's the leader of the Pacific, the kingdom with the most waters. Now that the queen of our sea is no longer around, we must expand our territory and combine both the Pacific and Atlantic. I heard you're dating Seyeon."    Soohyun froze, he was unable to predict Seungho's next comment.    "Let me make it clear, she's mine."    Soohyun could feel the tension as it circles around them. And without thinking he blurted out, "Why?"    Seungho looked directly into his eyes at this, "Because she has always been mine since the beginning."    "What do you mean...?"    Seungho wait a split second before answering, "Seyeon, she's the treasure that is keeping me alive."    "The treasure that is keeping you alive?" 

Jiyeon pulled back from Joongki who was inches away from her, but the lad inched in closer. "Don't believe it? You heard it all didn't you? Yoo Seungho, is a creature from the sea." 

"I said I don't want to believe your lies." 

"But I'm not lying, don't you know mermen are the most honest species out there?" 

Jiyeon scoffed, "Seungho has proved otherwise." 

"That's because he's not a merman." Joongki's playful turned cold for a moment, "He's a handcrafted dragon." 

The others who has been listening on the side joined in, "What do you know that you're accusing him of being a handcrafted dragon?" Seyeon asked. 

Jongsuk who was beside her, shushed her by placing one finger to her lips, "Just listen to him, he's right." 

Seyeon slapped his hand aside, "Don't touch me." She growled. 

Jiyong who was seated beside Gain spoke up this time, "Handcrafted is the correct term," he started, earning a cocky from Joongki whose attention was on Seyeon, "Seungho is a full blooded human. The first human to actually cross between the barrier of land and water. Not just any siren, but he's also a part of our family, the beasts of waters." Jiyong explained. "My mother, the white dragon, the sea's most powerful creature made Seungho into a dragon, before then, he was just a man of the land." 

"Then why was he named Seunghyun and even had the lowerbody of a merman?" Gain questioned. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter