C h a p t e r 3 0

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


❝ Did you just kill him?❞       Gain and Jongsuk looked at the three figures before them. 

"How did you...?" Gain trailed off when she wasn't sure what to say next.

In front of them two strangers and Jiyeon stood together.

"Where is my brother?" Jiyeon asked.

"Wait," Jongsuk cut in, "if you're here then where's Joongki?"

One of the men answered, he was a pretty and young male, "Back on the island where we left him, back on the singled out island south of South Gyeongsang."

"Why didn't you bring him?" Jongsuk asked.

"We promised to help out one of our kind by finding and bringing back this human. We have nothing to do with your kind." The taller man of the two answered.

"Once he's up, he should be able to find his way back on his own." The pretty one added.

Jongsuk growled a little when Gain pushed him back.

"I'll go look for him." Gain said to Jongsuk.

"No you should stay here, I will go—"

"I know Korea's waters better than you do." She pointed out, Jongsuk kept silent. "Who are you and where are you from?" She asked the two males. 

The youngest introduced the both of them, "We're wild dragons from the Atlantic. I was named Sungjong and here is Sungyeol. We heard that the white dragon has been resurrected, only to discover that he's the fostered child of the white dragon and the legend Seunghyun. We seeked to serve him at all costs, which it being the reason why we've searched long and hard for this human."

"You've met Yoo Seungho?" Gain asked. 

"We have." Sungjong answered. 

"We thought he would be much older. But he's no older than us...." Sungyeol said. 

Gain wasn't sure where he was coming from until Sungjong uttered a laugh. 

"Please excuse him. He has been calling the current white dragon 'elder' the whole time, so he was just surprised to know of his true age." Sungjong explained. 

"May I leave to find my brother and boyfriend first? You weirdos can keep chatting while I do so." Jiyeon said as she was ready to turn around, but Sungjong stopped her. 

"We'll go with you. We have yet to talk to the white dragon." He said to her, then quickly look over to Gain, "It was nice meeting you in person. We will depart ways here as I must take this female human to the white dragon." 

"Alright." Gain replied. As Sungjong helped Jiyeon away, Sungyeol stepped closer to them. Jongsuk stepped out and stood in front of Gain. 

"Not another step closer, dragon." Jongsuk hissed. 

Sungyeol kept his blank expression, "I have something to tell the leader of the Pacific." 

Jongsuk looked around to gain Gain's approval, at her nod he moved to the side. 

Sungyeol stepped closer to Gain, "I've been to the Pacific." He started, earning Gain's full attention. "You may want to return soon. Darkness is slowly moving in." 

With that he spun around and followed Sungjong and Jiyeon. 

"Darkness?" Jongsuk repeated in a questioning tone, "Leader what do you think he meant?" 

Gain sighed, "We'll find out after we find Joongki." 

"Alright...." 

  Soohyun was sitting in his bath tub back at home with cool water up to his chest. He was still fully dressed. 

Seyeon was sitting on the toilet cover when Seungho entered. 

Seungho had two milk jugs filled with blood in his grip as he moved to stand beside Soohyun. "If you do this," Seungho started, "there's no going back." 

"I know." Soohyun said. 

"And the possibility of you coming back with a new personality is high." 

"You told me." Soohyun said calmly. "I won't lose any memories, but I will look at things differently." 

Seungho hummed, "Sirens can be heartless and emotionless creatures at times. You will have some of those moments as well." 

"Alright." Soohyun said. Seungho froze for a while.

"Promise me," Seungho said, "you'll come back alive." 

"I promise...." Soohyun said. Seungho popped the cap off for one of the jug then handed it to Soohyun. 

"Every drop of it." 

Soohyun nodded as he placed both of his large hands around it and bring it up to his mouth. Seyeon excused herself from the room, not wanting to see Soohyun suffered as he drink the foul blood. 

Soohyun breathed in the smell of blood and coughed, lowering the jug in unison. 

"It's not too late to back out now." Seungho said. "If you drink it and cannot finish both jugs, the siren's blood would poison your system." 

"I can do this Seungho." Soohyun reassured the younger man. 

Seungho only watched as Soohyun gave it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter