C h a p t e r 1 0

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

❝ You created a lie in order to cover another ?❞

The next morning Seyeon arrived at the office early, just to discover that Seungho was already there. Seungho caught a glimpse as Seyeon entered.    Once they've settled down at Seyeon's desk again with her in her seat and Seungho in a chair next to her.    "So? You created a lie in order to cover another?" Seyeon questioned, gently rocking her chair side to side for comfort.    Seungho sighed, "What was I supposed to do? She said she saw my face."    Seyeon kept her straight face, "Then you should have just admitted that you were there, because you were Seungho."    "I couldn't. Soohyun was also there."    Upon realizing it Seyeon let out a helpless sigh. "So they believed you? That your twin is Seunghyun and unlike him you can't become a siren?"    "That mermaid seemed to have bought it. But I'm not sure about Soohyun."    "So you're suspicious of him suspecting you of being a siren, right?"    Seungho brushed her off with a shrugged. "I don't know."    "Seungho." Seyeon start again, this time having his full attention, "I know you're doing everything you can to protect me because of the debt. But please give some of your time to Jiyeon. She's my only human friend."    Seungho raised an eyebrow at that, "What do you mean?"    "Jiyeon thinks you have feelings for me because you spend too much time with me. I told you before....I know you don't love her as much as she loves you, but you do love her enough to be with her. So make it work."    Seungho was silent for a moment.    "I don't know anymore. Love....Most of the time I don't find it effective or even important."    "That's because you're thinking about the debt you owe us instead of enjoying our company. Don't see it as you just spending time with us because you owe us. If you love Jiyeon then show her that. Don't just act like it because she saved you two years ago."    Seungho clapped his hands together and felt the warmth from each hand. "Sure."    "Well then you should get some rest before you start working. But before you do, what are you planning to do about that mermaid? You said Soohyun knew about her yet kept her at his place, and use her as an excuse to have Jiyeon stayed at your place for a while. That means Soohyun knows mermaids are real now. He also confessed that he liked her, that means he won't let her go easily. But if Jiyeon finds out, what are you going to do?"    "Why are you asking me?" Seungho questioned back.    "Because between the two of us only you care about the outside sirens. Besides, you also lied about having a twin. So what are you going to do now?"    Seungho sighed a little. "I'd have to find a way to get rid of her then."    "Or." Seyeon started causing Seungho's ears to perked upward, "You can get her to turn back into a human."    Soohyun was sitting on the toilet seat cover while Gain sat upright in the tub, with her back against the wall.   "Since a long time ago, Seunghyun was always the topic among many sirens who are looking for another skilled and talented family member. Among those sirens my parents were also a part of." She paused for a moment before continuing.   "Although only a few selected ones were able to see him up close, he was very well known across the vast sea. After my first time seeing him; news spread that he was seen walking with humans. A year after, I decided to look for him....But now I know he's just the twin of another siren who doesn't have the ability to become a merman....How is that possible?"    "Seunghyun is my identical twin brother, but he had the genetics to become a merman and human. I do not. I was born on earth. If you really knew him then you'd know that our mother was human. Therefore the rumors of Seunghyun being the first to walk on earth is false. Many has walked among humans for centuries."    "You believe what he said? I've known him for two years and he has never lied to me but you said it yourself. Seunghyun didn't have any siblings, so how can you easily give in to him?"    Gain let out a little sigh, "When he said his mother was human. I guess I recalled hearing Seunghyun's mother being human. Since he kept denying it too....I don't know anymore." She kept her eyes on the clear water surface, while Soohyun let out breathy groan. 

"Human?" Seungho questioned, earning a careless hummed from Seyeon. "Why would you want me to do that?" 

"You haven't told her about the secret to transform have you?" She asked him instead of answering him. 

Seungho flattened his eyes, "No. Why?" 

"Tell her." Seyeon started, "And if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter