C h a p t e r 3 1

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


❝ It's been four hours. ❞       Jiyeon's eyes were shaky and Seungho could feel them piercing through him. 

It was a scene where she wasn't supposed to see.

"Did you just killed my brother?" She asked under a warm breath. 

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Seungho asked instead. 

"Have you gone mad?" Jiyeon asked. 

Though bitter he tried to control himself, "You shouldn't be here." Jiyeon ignored him and enter, she glared at him as he moved a little to the side, avoiding her eyes. 

Jiyeon got on her weak knees and gently placed both hands around Soohyun's arms, "Soohyun, get up." She said under a cracked voice. 

"Jiyeon you shouldn't move him." Seungho said on the side. 

"Shut up!" She shouted before turning Soohyun around. In which she screamed and cried aloud. She rested her head onto Soohyun's chest, letting her long wavy hair sink into the tub. "Soohyun get up." She sobbed. 

Sungjong and Sungyeol watched in silence as Seyeon cried alone to the side. 

  Gain and Jongsuk were heading to the sea when they saw Joongki coming out of the water, all soaked in water, and angry. "Joongki?!" 

Jongsuk ran as fast as his long legs could carry him, he wrapped his long arms around his shorter buddy.

"How the hell did you get kidnapped?!" Jongsuk asked.

Joongki breathed into his friend's shoulder, "You're squeezing me too hard Jongsuk."

"Oh sorry." Jongsuk took a step back and pat the man on the shoulder, "You look...messy."

Joongki chuckled, "That's cause I just went through some mess."

"What mess?"

"Stupid sirens." Joongki commented. Jongsuk assumed he was referring to the two lads, Sungjong and Sungyeol.  

"Oh them." 

"Them?" Joongki asked. 

"Yeah them, uh I think it was Sungjong and Sungyoung?" 

Joongki frowned, "What are you saying?" 

"The stupid sirens you were talking about? They brought Jiyeon here." 

"What?!" Joongki was now free of any exhaustion, "They brought Jiyeon here?!" 

"Lower your voice, leader is here." Jongsuk warned. 

Gain walked over to them and released a sigh, "So you were alive and stranded on an island huh?" Gain asked. 

"Sorry if I've caused you any worries...." Joongki quickly apologize with a bow, "But, is Jiyeon really here?"

"Why?" Gain asked. 

"Joongki likes her." Jongsuk said with a smile. 

"You can't like her, Joongki." Gain said. 

"Why not?" Joongki asked. 

"Because I say so. She's Seungho's girl. Don't touch her, I don't want to go to war with any water dragons." Gain said. 

Joongki chuckle, "Me liking this girl would not bring war leader. It may enhance the war that has been going on for the past decades, but it will not create a war." 

Out in the living room Seungho was leaning against the wall as the two strangers helped themselves to Soohyun's home. 

"I thought humans had this code that if you kill someone then you'll be chained up?" Sungjong asked as he searched the fridge. 

Sungyeol was sitting on the couch, bouncing himself up and down a little. 

"If you're discovered then that's the results." Seungho replied. 

"Ah," Sungjong nodded, "but that female you asked us to look for. She doesn't seem to like you." 

"Hey Sungjong," Sungyeol started, "are you trying to get on his bad side?" 

"No, I was just stating the obvious. Why would anyone want someone else to find someone that don't even like them?" Sungjong asked quickly as he pulled out an onion. 

Without knowing what it was, he smelled it real quick. "Oh this smells good." He commented as he opened his mouth and took his first bite. "Anyway, as I was saying," he swallowed and hummed in delight, "what is this White dragon? It's so good!"

"Onions." Seungho answered. 

"Ah, I've tried human's pineapple, kiwis, and what was that thing I had the other day Sungyeol?"

"What? Apple?" 

"Bingo! And apple, but today's my first time having onions and I've got to admit, humans food are tasty. Just like octopus." Sungjong said with a wide smile as he walked over to Sungyeol and took a seat beside him. 

The taller frowned at his sudden action. 

Seungho exhaled beforeheading back toward the bathroom. 

Jiyeon was resting her chin on the side of the tub as she stared at Soohyun's lifeless face before her. Seyeon sat just beside her, caressing her hair gently. 

There was two hours left to go. 

The front door was pushed open catching the attention of Sungjong and Sungyeol. 

"You?" Sungyeol started. 

Seungho looked over to the doorway and saw Joongki, Jongsuk, and Gain. Joongki took quick stomps toward him. Everyone watched in silence, waiting to see what Joongki was about to do. 

But the lad circled around Seungho and headed into the bathroom first. 

"Jiyeon!" 

Jiyeon and Seyeon looked up at Joongki, "Are you alright Jiyeon?" Joongki took one step toward her until something caught his eyes. 

He saw Soohyun in the tub.

"What the heck?" 

"Joongki." Jiyeon said his name softly, Joongki got on his knees beside her and wrapped his arms around her. 

"It's alright, I'm here now." Joongki said. 

Seyeon looked up at Seungho, to see his reaction. She saw Seungho turned away from the door and disappeared behind the corner. As Joongki comfort Jiyeon, Seyeon got up and followed after Seungho. 

Around the corner she almost ran into Jongsuk and Gain, noticing her, Jongsuk grabbed her arm. "Seyeon!" He said aloud. 

"You—!" 

"What's wrong? You look pale." Jongsuk said with a worried tone. 

"Release me." She said then looked after Seungho who was exiting the building, "Seungho—"

"I asked if you were okay." Jongsuk said again, not knowing her heart. 

"I'll go after him." Gain said as she moved away from behind Jongsuk and strode pass Sungyeol and Sungjong. 

"What is going on?" Sungyeol asked. 

Sungjong sighed, "Who knows? Anyway, let's help ourselves to human food while they figure things out." Sungjong said. 

"No Sungjong, point being, I've never seen so many mermen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter