C h a p t e r 2 6

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


❝ W-what are you? ❞      

Soohyun's eyes opened almost instantly to see Gain sitting beside him, he quickly sat up and scan the room. For a brief moment, he thought last night was a dream. "Good morning...." Soohyun greeted her first, Gain returned a gentle smile. 

"You're finally up." She commented. 

Soohyun chuckled a little as he pushed the covers off him, "Sorry, how long have you been up?" 

"Didn't keep track but it was long enough." 

"I'm sorry...." He apologized once more scratching his nape, "What time is it?" He quickly searched for the time on his cell and found the device on the night stand. "5AM!?" His eyes were wide open as he turn to Gain, "Why are we awake?" He asked. 

"I'm hungry." Gain said instead of answering. 

She obviously didn't know the answer. 

"Huh?" Soohyun watched as Gain climbed out of bed without him, "Eh-hey, let's go together." Soohyun said as he toss the blanket aside and quickly move out of the bed. 

On an isolated island, Sangwoo lie Jiyeon down on her side against the dry sand. The sun was going to rise soon. Then another body was dropped beside Jiyeon by Jiyong.    "This plan of yours Jiyong, is carefully and nicely thought out. I can't imagine any other way I would have approached this." Sangwoo said.    "Did Seungho saw you?" Jiyong asked, ignoring his father's praises. 

"He did, but don't worry. He won't be able track me down." 

"Why not?" 

"I left him a large wound." 

Jiyong frowned in confusion, "What wound?" 

"You remembered our spar last night. Didn't you wonder where the blood in the water came from?" 

"I did but I—"

"Didn't expect it to be Seungho's?" 

"Yeah...." 

Sangwoo snorted, "You think just because he's now a white dragon, he's stronger than me? In terms of form, he's still a baby white dragon. He's still not used to his white dragon side." 

"So you mean you knew mother was feeding him her energy?" 

"Who didn't?"

"Then why didn't you stop her?" 

"Because compare to you, Seungho played a bigger part. He's the myth Seunghyun and I thought if she fed him enough to where he would become a powerful siren, I could easily keep him under my wings instead of you." 

"So? What happened?" 

"I've decided to replace him with you. You are my real son and from now on I cannot trust anyone else but you." 

Jiyong didn't utter a word afterwards and instead they left the small island. 

Beside Jiyeon was a familiar man. 

It was no other than the self-proclaimed-black-mermaid Song Joongki. 

  Soohyun was standing behind Gain as he watched her cut up some vegetables. "Is this okay?" She asked carefully. Soohyun smiled over her shoulder. 

"It's too thick, make it thinner." He said as he placed his hand over hers gentily, then guide her slowly, making sure she was getting used to it. As they continue to play and cook, it was around seven when they had their full breakfast meal on the table. 

But before they could dig in, the doorbell rang. Soohyun froze in his tracks after he was chasing Gain around, wanting the bottle of salt in her possession. Simply because he wanted to see her as a mermaid once again. 

Soohyun opened the door and was a little surprise at the unexpected gues

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter