C h a p t e r 3 8

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      "I-is this it? The black...?" Sungyeol couldn't finish his question. The three were still stunned by the sight in front of them. 

"This is....It can't be...." Sungjong said, still in an astonishment state.

Jiyong let out another breath of heavy air. "This is it, the legend. The hidden legendary dragon." 

"Seungho—"

Everyone's attention was shot toward the voice that came from the door. There, Jiyeon was standing alone, soaked with water. Her eyes first met Sungyeol's and the other two, then it traced their outlines and landed on the dragon. 

Jiyeon knew immediately that it was Seungho. 

But he looked different. 

Seungho came out from the darker side of the cave and revealed his colors. 

The left side of his body, from head to tail, was black and on the other half was white. The color was split so perfectly down the center of his form. His eye on the left was white meanwhile the opposite was black. 

Jiyeon stumbled a few steps back. 

He had no pupils. Even before then, she have seen him with pupils. When he was a fully white dragon. 

"This is gold." Jiyong mumbled softly. 

More surprised to see Jiyeon again, Seungho took small steps toward her, but came toward Jiyong instead. 

"Take her back to Seoul then come find me." JIyong ordered. 

"Sure...." Sungjong said, Jiyong held out a hand to stop the pretty and taller lad. 

"Not you."

"Me?" Sungyeol asked, pointing to himself. Jiyong sighed. 

"Are you her boyfriend? I'm talking to Seungho." Jiyong quickly said, putting deeper frowns on the two lads' faces. 

Soohyun and Gain was still cuddled up in his bed. 

Morning meant nothing to them.

"So now that you've slept with me twice, tell me, were you only looking for Seungho because of Jiyong? Or do you still like Seungho? Or what about that Jiyong? Do you like him? So much that you've changed after you've been chasing him for a whole year?" 

Gain slapped Soohyun's chest, making him groan. 

"Are you done talking?" She growled. 

"Did I guessed right?"

"Why would you think so?" 

"Cause you hit me." 

Gain sighed, "Anyway there's a reason why I'm looking for Jiyong. Ever since the death of his father, for some reason, he's been keeping his distance from me." 

Soohyun cocked his head to the side a little, "Wait, so are you admitting that you still like him?"

"What do you mean still? I've never liked him." She said bluntly, earning compressed lips from the lad. 

"Then what distance?" He blew a breath of jealous air. 

"Just a distance." Gain said. 

"Aren't you going to tell me? Maybe I can help you beat him up now that I'm the white dragon." Soohyun praised himself happily. Gain sat up from him, keeping the blanket wrapped around her. 

"White dragon or not. If you touch him I'm going to kill you." 

Seungho lowered his head so that Jiyeon could hop off more easily. Once she landed on the sand beside the Han River, she spun around to face Seungho—head on. 

As she tried to look into his dragon face and to see his uneven colored eyes, it gave her a strange feeling. 

He was scary. 

But right when he was about to turn away and dive back into the water, she stopped him by holding up her right hand and allowed it to run along his mouth when he was still turning. 

As he felt her hand, he stopped almost instantly and turned back to face her. 

Looking down at her, she quickly removed her hand. 

"I," she started then pause for a moment to gather the courage to continue, "I don't know where you're going....And I don't know what you are going to do....But I will be here...," 

She didn't dare look into his eyes. Not that she could see them clearly at the same time anyway. His head was still twice her height and at least five figures side-by-side. 

"waiting for you...." Her forehead and eyes were pointed downward and she was more focused on the color of the sand than anything else. 

Until she felt the cold scales of Seungho's nose against her forehead, nudging her a little. She smiled, feeling accepted, and placed both hands gently on his face. 

Enjoying a moment of silence. 

Behind the bushes and many trees, Joongki was watching. He was tired and sleepless.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter