C h a p t e r 1 6

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


❝ You're not who you appear to be. ❞       Seungho reached around his nape to grab Gain's hands, slowly yet strongly he ripped her hands off from his skin. "What have you done? Didn't I warn you about the siren's kiss—?!"   Gain could see the growing anger in Seungho's eyes, "I'm aware of that and I like you, so why would it matter?"    Seungho let out a sharp and heavy sigh to express his anger, "I don't like you—!" Seungho noticed Soohyun paces behind Gain, he could read the disappointed signs on the latter's face.    Finally Seungho scoffed once more, "This is getting out of hand. You should like Soohyun not me. You're seriously a drag." He said in a low and dangerous tone as he walked past her, shoulder slamming against hers.    Gain grunted a little as she moved to the side. Her eyes were filled with fearful and painful tears. She watched as Seungho hurried past Soohyun and exit the building, then hers and Soohyun's gazes locked.    "You...like Seungho...?" Soohyun asked, still in disbelief. Gain leaned against the wall and covered her face with her hands, as she slide down into a crouching position.   Soohyun released a heavy breath, "Now I...feel like a fool....Because of you, Gain...."      Seungho slammed the front door with all his strength as he spun around to face it, he covered his face with one hand as his other pushed against the shut door.   His breathing was heavy and his eyebrows were knitted together in an upset manner. Then he ran a hand through his hair, pulling it and messing it up. 

"I like you Gain, I really do." Soohyun said softly as he looked down at her crouching figure. "I liked you so much but in the end you chose Seungho....I guess this is what it feels like, one-sided crush....I'm starting to understand Seyeon now...." 

Gain continued to stay quiet with her face hidden in her arms and knees. 

"I'll still support you though, Gain....You're still very beautiful....And maybe Seungho is right. I must be under some spell casted by your beauty....So I guess I'll leave...." Soohyun walked slowly to the room to grabbed and pack his items. 

He could feel his body began to tremble and shake, it was so traumatizing that he could barely stand. His knees grew weak. Alas Soohyun sat himself down on the bed and shut his eyes, with his arms folded across his chest as he rocked a little to comfort himself. 

Still, tears made its way out of his sealed eyelids and onto his dry cheeks. 

"What do you mean you want me to send you to Seoul right now?" Seyeon asked in a low whisper. Seungho was pressing all of his weight down onto her desk, ignoring the people around them. 

"You know why I must go to Seoul Seyeon." 

"But why right now?" Seyeon asked, while keeping an eye out for eavesdroppers. 

"I must find her." 

"Who?" 

"You know who." Seungho said in a low rushed tone. 

"Did something happen?" Seyeon asked, diverting the topic. "Did you and that mermaid do something?" 

"She likes me." 

The answer made Seyeon's eyebrows raise in surprised, "She likes you?" She asked but it sounded more like a statement. "Then what about Soohyun? What if later you leave and Soohyun is able to capture her heart again?" 

"He won't be able to." 

"How come?" 

"She. We kissed." 

A growing smirk grew on Seyeon's lips, "What? You kissed?" 

"Yeah."

"You mean....The Siren's kiss?" 

"Yeah." 

Seyeon fell back into her seat, "How long will you be in Seoul for?" 

"Does it matter? I already finished everything up here for you." 

"Of course it matters. What if I need you when someone feed me salt again? I can't just hide forever in the women's locker, Seungho." 

Seungho sighed and hung his head for a moment, before he looked up to see her daring eyes again, "Then go with me." 

"What?" Seyeon asked with a confused expression. She thought she misheard the latter. "Go with you to Seoul?" 

"Let's move away from here, Seyeon." 

"Seungho, are you listening to yourself? Why would I go with you?" 

"Your father gave you to me, remember? I took the burden to become Seunghyun, I took the blame for the many lives of sirens on shore for you."

"Seungho!" Seyeon silence her voice when she caught the short attention of some co-workers, "Don't forget, we're only together because of the debt you owe me. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be here with you."

"I've saved you countless of times, so how many times will you keep using the same debt to hold me back? If you don't want to become my partner then the least you can do is let me go." 

"You k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter