C h a p t e r 3 5

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      Soohyun held Gain's hands, tightening them in his hold. 

He had the urge to kiss her.

It was the only thing he wanted in the moment. He only wanted time to kiss them.

But as he lean in, hoping to steal a kiss, Gain headbutt him. Soohyun groaned as he took a step back from her. "Ow that hurt!"

Gain sighed, "What? ier? How exactly did Seungho revive you? You seem like a complete different person."

Soohyun sighed, "You said I'm different but you aren't the same yourself."

"What?"

"Did you become superwoman after I died?"

"Superwoman? You think any person would remain the same after one year?" She asked. Soohyun shrugged. 

"Guess you're right." 

She shook her head as she went to retrieve the bag and its contents. 

"So what happened to you after I died?" Soohyun asked. After collecting she pressed the bag against Soohyun. "Did you miss me?" 

"Busy. And don't be a flirt with me, I saw you all over that miss of yours earlier." Gain said, Soohyun took the bag. 

"Well yeah, she's my partner." 

Gain frowned, "Your what?" 

"Mating partner, you know for mating season?" 

Gain didn't reply. She wasn't used to the dirty Soohyun. 

"If you were a merman I think you'd understand, honestly I don't know how Seungho endured it, but I just had to have a partner. So I chose her." 

Gain spun around and was ready to leave but Soohyun followed her. "And why are you telling me this?" She asked. 

"Because I didn't want you to get the wrong idea." Soohyun said. 

"I wasn't going to think anything of it anyway." 

"Come on, I know you still have feelings for me." 

"Uh, no I don't." 

"Lies." Soohyun said as he swung the bag's handle with one finger. 

"Am not." Gain respond. 

"Fine then do you have a boyfriend, husband, or lover at the moment?" Soohyun questioned, feeling confident. 

"No because I'm busy." Gain said. 

"Excuses, excuses."

Gain stopped in her tracks, making Soohyun stop just in front of her. He circled around to face her. "Why are you stopping?" 

"Your're annoying me. And also I asked that you pretend as if you haven't seen me." 

Soohyun kept silent. Gain was about to pass him when he pushed her back a little, putting her back in front of him again. 

"I know you were mad, maybe even upset still that I've chosen that path from a year ago. But if I was given the chance to go back, I would have made the same choice." 

Gain looked up at him, her dark eyes piercing through his. "And I told you. I was fine with you choosing to save your sister over your own life." 

"Then why are you being so cold?" 

Gain sighed, "Because, just now you've appeared at the wrong moment."

"What?"

"I've been after that man for weeks, and today I was so close to getting him with the help of your partner's bag. But because of you I lost him." 

"So that's the reason why you're being so cold to me?" 

"Why else? I have no reason to act coldly toward you, except the moment you interfered." 

"But, who was he? And why were you chasing him?" 

Gain sighed, "He's one of Kwon Jiyong's pupil." 

  Seungho hated clubs.  

He hated parties.

When he was still a dragon, everything was noisy and his senses of everything was sky-rocketed from that of a mere human.

Thus he was used to the quiet life.

Inside the club, he was searching for her. Before betraying her again, he had wanted to see her once more for the last time. But it wasn't until he noticed a familiar man.

Song Joongki.

Seungho watched as the lad walked over to a specific counter. Seungho moved from his position and looked past the figures dancing on the the dance floor between him and the counter.

There he saw Jiyeon.

She was different; way different than when he could last remember her.

Her hair was dyed blond and she wore heavy dark make-up. He noticed how she was drowning herself with alcohol. He saw how Joongki tried to take the glass from her, but she refused and slapped his hand to the side. 

He wore a sour expression. 

Jiyeon set the glass down, "More beer!" She said, loud enough for Seungho to hear a little. 

"Jiyeon stop it, you've been drinking since sunrise." Joongki said. 

"Don't stop me and just leave." She said as the bartender hand her another glass, earning a glare from Joongki. Seungho turned his back to the sight and thought for a moment whether to approach them or not. 

In the end he headed for the exit alone. 

"Jiyong is in Seoul too?" Soohyun asked. Gain nodded with her arms folded across her chest. 

"Yeah and apparently he have mastered the full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter