C h a p t e r 3 2

The Salty, Vast Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      [One year later / Seoul] "Seungho, Seungho, Seungho, please this will be the last time!" Sunggyu begged. 

Seungho sighed, "Did you really come all the way here from Busan just to throw your work onto me and go on vacation?"  

"Please! My wife kept nagging me....She said there are cute and limited brands here in Seoul. I can't find those in Busan!" Sunggyu plead. 

Seungho gave up and held a hand, "Hand me the paperwork." 

Sunggyu flashed him a wide smile, "Thank you, I'll treat you when you visit Busan!" Seungho nodded and shooed him off, he scanned through the paperwork. 

Though it has been a year since he was transfer and promoted to a higher position, he was still very familiar with the contents of the papers. 

On the upper right hand side, he read Seyeon's name. 

She was still the boss in Busan's animal control. 

Some things would never change. 

And some things have changed for the better. 

Seungho headed to his destination. 

An aquarium where marine lives were held and displayed to the public of people.

Seungho entered a lock-out room near the back, there he took a stair and was slowly entering another world underground. 

"Morning." The younger workers greeted him while some bow. Seungho let out a tired sigh. His night shift was over and he was off but he just happened to run into his former co-worker who loves asking for favors.  

The floor was busy and crowded with workers, eggs of fishes were being stored, taken out as they were hatching, and some were being sorted out. 

It was loud and the sound of running machine overlap that of people chattering. 

Finally Seungho walked over to what looked like a waterfall; water pushed its way out from a tunnel and tube installed within the walls, then it makes its way down to an open on the floor. And it keeps going until it hits the third floor underground. 

"Oh Seungho? You came? I thought it was supposed to be a representation of Busan who was coming by?" The man asked. He was dressed in a full orange water-proof suit. 

"I came in his stead, what was there needed to be done?" 

"Well, there's a truck outside that consist of ten boxes of salmon eggs and five boxes of lobsters that were supposed to be transported to Busan by noon." 

"So in six hours?" Seungho asked, earning a nod from the man. "But how will the eggs survive that long?"

"The driver will have to take breaks."

"It's a five hour and some odd minutes drive by car to get there. On a truck, I doubt it'd get there in time even without breaks." Seungho said. 

"Then what should we do? We have to have the eggs and lobsters there by twelve." 

"You won't be able to make it, just call Busan's animal control and let them know it's impossible to be there by noon."

"Can't you call? Weren't you transfered here from Busan? You must know the boss then, right?" The man asked, earning nods from his co-workers who has been gathering because of their conversation. 

Seungho looked into the eyes of the lad and then took out his pocketed cell, he started to dial and soon he heard a familiar voice. 

"Busan animal control headquarter." The voice said. 

"Jongsuk." Seungho said. 

"Yoo Seungho?" He heard the lad asked across the phone, "Holy crap am I hearing a ghost right now? Why are you calling here?" 

"There's a problem with today's transportation." 

"What? Which one?" 

"The one at noon." 

"The lobsters? But why are you calling? Where's Sunggyu?" 

"Inform Seyeon that the trans will be another seven or so hours. If she has any problem with that then she can personally contact me. I'm hanging up now." 

"Wait hey!" 

Seungho turned off his phone and signed the papers, then handed it to the mad. "Make sure you transport those eggs carefully. The most is eight hours, don't go over it." 

"Yes sir...." 

  Jongsuk in his breath as he bang the phone a couple of times on the table. "What are you doing breaking my phone?" 

He looked up at Seyeon and quickly stood up, "Oh you're back."

Seyeon walked over to her desk, heels clicking the floor. Jongsuk followed suit and got on his knees to kneel in front of her desk, resting his chin on his folded arms. 

"Let's grab breakfast together." Jongsuk said with a smile. Seyeon pulled out some files from her cabinet.

"Later I'm busy." She coldly brushed him off. 

"Oh come on....I'm hungry." 

"You didn't answer my question." Seyeon said, changing the topic. 

"You asked me a question?" 

"Why were you banging my phone?" Seyeon asked, looking up at him. 

"Ah that," Jongsuk let out a breathy chuckle, "Yoo Seungho called." 

"Seungho?" Seyeon asked. 

"Yeah." 

Seyeon frowned, "What did he want?" 

"Well you see...." 

In a ten floor apartment, Seungho rode the elevator alone. As he came to the eight floor he got slowly and strode over to his home. 

He unlocked the door with his key then walked in.

Inside everything was neat and organize, just like his old home back in Busan.

Because he rarely uses any money, most of his wealth goes into his home and its appearance.

His low couches were white and faced one another as a black coffee table sat between them. Then on the wall, a television was installed.

Seungho threw his bag of papers onto the couch and slip on the black slippers by the door. 

In the kitchen he opened the fridge and scan its condition. 

It was well stocked with a variety of food. 

But the thing was, Seungho didn't like any of the food stored inside. 

He shut the fridge and looked down into the sink. 

It was empty. 

All of the dishes were nicely stored and cleaned. 

All of the cans of beer that were thrown on the counter from the night befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter