Hint

The Reason You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*flashback*

 

It was a quiet May evening. The EXO were so exhausted from their practice that almost all are dozing off right now. Except for Luhan and Lay who was talking downstairs while eating some noodles. In the quietness of the evening, in a room occupied by one Korean and two Chinese boys, a tall guy was currently putting his clothes on his Louis Vuitton luggage. He was pacing back and forth from his cabinet to his bag. His roommate was just watching him with sadness.

 

“Kris, do you really have to do this?” Xiumin decided to break the silence and asked which made Kris stopped on stuffing his fur coat on the bag. They just stare at each other.

 

"I have to. So less people would suffer,” he explained and resumed packing his things. This decision was never easy. But just thinking what would happen if he stayed here is daunting.

 

“You’re going to hurt Chaerin, Kris. Think about her,” Xiumin tried to reason out but Kris’ decision appeared to be firm already. And nothing, not even Chaerin’s name can stop him. Maybe Chaerin’s presence can, Xiumin thought. He was about to dredge the room for his mobile phone when he remembered that their phones were confiscated by the staffs since last week to avoid distraction.

 

“If I stay, I’m just going to hurt her even more, Xiu,” Kris answered. He really thought this decision through and no matter what he did, the end line is, Chaerin would still be hurt.

 

“She loves you so much. Don’t do this. At least tell her,” Xiumin continued to stop him. He obviously needed help in persuading the galaxy boy. Maybe Tao can help? Xiumin supposed and was even thinking of barging on Tao’s room but he recalled that Tao was sharing his room with their manager.

 

"Minseok, please. Let’s drop this topic,” Kris pleaded so Minseok stopped but he didn’t really like this. Xiumin knew that this would lead to a mess. Surely, when the media got the hang of it, it would cause a fuss. It’s giving him headaches right now.

 

“Can you promise me something?” Kris suddenly asked. Xiumin eyed him suspiciously. He hated this line of conversation. Aren’t they supposed to be resting because of their tedious schedule? But here they are, having this stressful talk.

 

“Please always look out for Chaerin. Always comfort her, Minseok-ah,” Kris requested and Xiumin couldn’t do anything but helplessly agree. Of course he would. He couldn't say no to Kris and Chaerin was like a little sister to him. Heck, everyone in EXO likes her for Kris. They looked perfect for each other. All they were even waiting for was for the two to finally announce their relationship to the public. And of course a wedding of the year to follow.

 

Just then the door of their room opened, revealing a smiling pretty guy with deer-like eyes but his smile quickly vanished when he noticed the travelling bag that Kris was now zipping close.

 

“Kris we are you going?” he asked and then he noticed a passport on the bedside table. He seized it together with a plane ticket. To China. First thing in the morning.

 

“China? You have a schedule there? But it’s only weeks before our first concert,” Luhan mumbled, more like to himself. He couldn't think of a reason why the leader of EXO-M would leave for China next thing in the morning. They still had a lot of dance routines to master.

 

“I’m leaving,” Kris announced which made Luhan's brows creased. Obviously he was leaving. The luggage bag said it all. And of course his passport and plane ticket were just a give-away clue.

 

“I know but why?” Luhan asked, confusion evident on his face. He still couldn't think of a sensible purpose for Yifan to go to China. He obviously wouldn’t go there to promote EXO, alone.

 

“I’m leaving SM, Luhan,” Kris said which made Luhan stunned and even dropped the passport and ticket carelessly on the floor.  He thought he might have heard it wide of the mark. Kris? Their dduijang? Leaving SM?

 

“You’re—haha that’s not a good joke,” Luhan said and a faked a chuckle. Of course Kris wouldn't leave them. Duh, their concert was already near. He wouldn’t do that.

 

“I’m serious,” Kris said with firmness which made Luhan comprehend the urgency of the matter.  He eyed Kris seriously and that’s when he realized that all of Kris’ clothes on the dresser were gone. He was really leaving!

 

“You are not. . . Wait. Is this because of Jessica?”Luhan asked, finally understanding what is really happening. He felt his blood boiled. Kris was really leaving. This better not be because of that Jessica Jung. Kris stayed silent which fueled Luhan’s anger. It’s as if by Yifan’s silence, he was confirming the theory that was slowly building on Luhan’s mind.

 

“You’re leaving all of us because of her?!” Luhan shouted. He stood face to face with Kris and grabbed him by the collar even though he is taller than him. “You’re giving up your dreams, us, EXO, your brothers, and even Chaerin, the girl you wanna marry, for that ?!” Luhan spat and punched Kris.

 

“Lu-ge stop,” Xiumin said and tried to stop Luhan who looked like he wanted to punch Kris again. Luckily Luhan let go of his grasp on Kris. “Please, let’s talk more civilize here,” Xiumin requested. Luhan sat on his bed and covered his face with his hands. He took deep breathes to calm himself. Meanwhile Kris just stood on the middle of the room.

 

“Can you put some sense on this guy’s thick skull, Minseok-ah. He can’t just leave because of that girl. She is just using our leader for popularity. Kris, don’t be naïve. She doesn’t love you.” Luhan said, now a little calm. “And you don’t love her. You are just being carried away because she is always there for you unlike Chaerin who is busy with their comeback,” he continued explaining but Kris just grabbed his plane ticket on the floor together with his passport.

 

“I’m sorry, Luhan. I’ll come back, I promise. I just need to sort out my feelings and this situat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter