Guangzhou

The Reason You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guangzhou, China. One of the many bars in the outskirt of the town. Lee Chaerin didn’t know how many glasses of beers she had been drinking. All she knew was it didn’t even numb the pain. She was so dumb. What the hell? She was supposedly ready for the pain, right? She knew Kris already chose Jung Sooyeon and she had already cried buckets of tears because of that way back in Seoul. She moved on, right? So why the hell she didn’t anticipated the pain that pierced her heart when she saw them together? Seriously it hurts.

 

Her hands were turning clammy. She intertwined her hands together, trying to calm herself down. She was now here in the elevator. She closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. Few more steps and she would see him again. She opened her eyes and looked at the reflection of the mirror. She glared at herself through the reflection. “The hell Lee Chaerin. Let your inner CL out. Be confident,” she muttered, thankfully, she was alone on the elevator so no one saw and heard her.

 

She tried to put on her confident smile as the elevator ding and the door slowly opened. But her smile vanished when she saw him. No, scratch that, she saw them. Kris was looking down at that woman, smiling at her. It might looked like nothing but Chaerin knew Kris. That smile, it was a genuine smile. He rarely smile. It was so sincere. And then he hugged her, as if he didn’t want to let her go. She quickly pushed the button to close the door, afraid to watch the next scene unfolding before her eyes.

 

She leaned on the wall of the elevator because she felt her knees growing weak. And before she knew it, she felt something cascading down her cheeks. She touched it and turn out it was water. No, it was tears. She’s crying. Damn, she’s crying because of him again.

 

That’s why she’s here now, drinking her heart out. If only alcohol could made her forget. But it wasn’t helping. She glared at the bartender when he neglected her order, stating that she had too much. Shxt. She wanted to drink. She grabbed her phone and started tapping it but her guess was she was really drunk, it’s as if her phone was not responding. She couldn’t even understand what’s in it.

 

She put her hand on her forehead and grunted. She’s hating this. “Win his heart again. Made him fall for you all over again.” Wait, her Seunghyun-oppa said so. Make Kris fall for her again. That was right. Even though it was hard to accept that he wasn’t in love with her anymore, she should just work on making him fall for her again. She nodded and threw some cash on the counter and walked out the bar, even though it was so hard because her world was spinning.

 

After almost an hour, here she was again, standing outside Kris’ unit. 1106. This is his unit, right? She got this, right? She kept pressing the doorbell, but no one was answering the door. She was getting impatient already so she resorted into knocking on the door.

 

“Yah, open this up!” she shouted, not even caring if she was disturbing the neighbours. God, it was midnight already. She arrived at Guangzhou around 9 pm which meant she spent the last 2 hours drinking.

 

Her musing stopped when the door beeped and opened, revealing a tall guy, brows creased, obviously just waking up, disturbed by the doorbell. He looked down and his eyes widen. Chaerin smiled and waved her hand. “Hi! Orenmaniya!” she cheerfully said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter