Voice Message

The Reason You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beijing, China

 

December. The snow was slowly falling down the earth and covering the ground with its coldness. A certain tall guy was inside his tent, sitting on one of the chairs near the entrance. He was busy watching the staffs hurrying in packing and cleaning. They just finished filming the scenes needed for their movie, Mr Six, here in Beijing. Which would mean that the next few scenes would be shoot in Seoul, South Korea. Good thing he didn't have any scene to be shoot there.

 

A tap on his arm stopped Kris on his musings. He looked at his side and saw his manager. "Go to the van. We would be finish here in a moment," his manager said which prompted Kris to nodded. He then went to the parking lot and looked for the van. He saw their white van around the corner. As he was nearing it, his brows creased. A guy was leaning on it and he was awfully familiar.

 

"Hey Kris!!" the guy shouted when he was already just a few steps away. Kris glared at him.

 

"What are you doing here, Luhan?" Kris asked. Luhan just shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Let's go grab something to drink. It's awfully cold here," Luhan said and went to the driver's door. Kris rolled his eyes and opened the door on the passenger's side.

 

"You live here all your life and you're still not use to the coldness of winter?" Kris sarcastically said as he fasten the seatbelt. Luhan again just shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Well, I'm used to other type of coldness. Like your cold city guy aura and her ice bxtchyness," Luhan answered and motioned on the back seat. Kris brows furrowed and looked at what he was pointing to and he nearly have a heart attack.

 

"The hell!!" Kris shouted. "What is she doing here? You came here together?" He was now gently rubbing his chest. Seriously, he could have a heart attack right this moment. Luhan was in Beijing with Jessica. Almost everyone knows that he really dislike her. Literally everything about Jung Sooyeon, Luhan hated to the core. He hate her guts.

 

“Yah, don’t tell me you two really travel together from Guangzhou all the way here?” Kris asked, disbelieved swirling on those eyes. The silence seemed to confirm his query. He looked at Jessica who nodded her head in confirmation. His eyes widen. Hell must be freezing. Jessica Jung and Luhan board a plane together? Everyone knew how Luhan hates Jessica to the bones. Oh well, Kris should have seen this happening. Jessica even contacted Luhan to come here in China, in the first place.

 

The roar of the engine wake Kris from his musing. He looked at Luhan as he drive the van out of the parking lot. “Where are we going? And my manager, we left him there,” Kris said but Luhan just shrugged his shoulders.

 

“We actually asked permission if we could use your van, Kris,” Jessica answered so Kris nodded his head.

 

“Where are we going anyway?” Kris muttered and looked a Jessica for answer but she was not paying attention at him. She was busy calling someone on her phone.

 

“We’re gonna have fun, Kris. You’re working too much. You still remember what fun is, right? Like how much fun we had in EXO,” Luhan said matter-of-factly and Kris just rolled his eyes and looked out the window.

 

He didn’t even realized he had fallen asleep, not until he felt someone nudging him. “Kris? We’re here. Wake up.” He heard a smooth voice. He groggily rubbed his eyes before opening it. He saw her smiling at him by the door. “Let’s go?” she said and offered her hand at him. He smiled at the gesture and held out his hand to her.

 

As they walked out of the parking lot, Kris looked at her and he couldn’t help but smile. “Thanks Sooyeon,” he said which made her stop on her tracks. She looked at him, confusion evident on her face. “Thank you for being there for me. For giving up everything for me,” he said and resume on walking. As they finally reach the main entrance, Jessica stopped which made Kris to also stop. She turn to face him and sadly smile.

 

“You know she would do the same for you, Kris. That’s how much Lee Chaerin loves you,” Jessica muttered. “We both know she would leave everything in a heartbeat just for you. That’s the kind of love you two have,” she added and shook her head. She pushed the door opened and entered the resto-bar.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter