Metaphor

The Reason You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guangzhou China

 

Autumn. Fall. Leaves started to turn orange as it slowly falls to the ground. Some were blown by the wind but either way, it would still drop on the ground one way or another. In a different place, different time, but it would definitely tumble to the ground.

 

'A metaphor'

 

A woman clad in her favorite denim long-sleeved blouse, worn-out jeans, pair of sneakers and RayBan sunglasses, was strolling through the sidewalk when the falling leaves made her stopped. She watched as it slowly drops. She opened her hands when she saw a leaf dipping in front of her. It slowly fell on her palms.

 

A leaf.

 

Reddish orange.

 

Crisp enough to be easily tore apart.

 

Eyes widen as she looked at the leaf. "It's a metaphor!!" she exclaimed, passersby looking at her with oddity. She quickly ran to the bus stop all the while heavily breathing because of the rush. She was stomping her feet as she impatiently waited for the bus. She was so nervous the whole ride.

 

She hastily got off the bus and hurriedly run towards the entrance of an apartment building. The guards greeted her as she went inside and board the elevator. She pushed the 10th floor button. As the elevator went up, she looked at her reflection on the elevator’s walls surrounding her. Pale skin, blonde hair dyed to brown. She removed her sunglasses to reveal her eyes. Eyes that were still puffy. It's been a week since she left SNSD. She still cried for them, every night. She loves them so much but pressing matters should be gave attention to. She knew some of her members understand but some don't. She was brought back to reality when she heard the ding of the elevator. She quickly got off and went straight to unit 1106.

 

She pressed the doorbell. Her brows creased when no one opened the door. She tried knocking but still no one seems to be inside the house. She sighed and punched the passkey. 0226

 

She pushed the door opened only to be met with silence. The living room was a mess. Papers littered the floor and the couch, empty beer cans were left on the cocktail table. She sighed and shook her head. Messy as always. She grabbed the trash can from the kitchen and started stuffing the beer cans in it. She then piled the papers on the table. Obviously it was a script. She then noticed a photo album in the clutter. It was already opened halfway. She removed the papers that covered it and turned out it was a scrapbook.

 

It was beautifully designed with some leaves. Dried leaves. In the center was a picture. A young man, smiling brightly at the camera, gums all out, sharp jawline which made him more handsome, besides a young woman also beaming at the camera, feline eyes turned crescent, face free from make-up which only made her more beautiful. Happiness was radiating in the couple. Lee Chaerin. Wu Yifan. She smiled bitterly.

 

Happiness. Just one decision but that bliss was wiped out in them. Just like the leaf on that tree. As the leaf let go and fell to the ground, the tree also lose its beauty. Another metaphor.

 

"Sica?" she heard a deep gruffly voice. When she looked up, she saw him. The same guy from the picture but still different. Dishevelled black-dyed hair. Half opened eyes being rubbed by the heel of his palms.

 

"Hey. Sorry if I come in. I was knocking but no one was answering so. . . " the sentence died on when she saw those eyes. Bloodshot eyes. She frowned and stood up. She also crossed her arms. "What the hell Kris?! You didn't sleep. And you're even drunk," she firmly spat and motioned to the beer and that were on the trash cans.

 

"I can't memorize my lines and I was sleepy so I drunk some to keep me awake," he explained nonchalantly and walked away from her.

 

She followed him towards the kitchen. She knew she was picking a fight but damn him if she was letting this go. "Fxxk Kris. Can't you just even think of yourself? Getting drunk? Seriously?" she said. She pressed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter