Fight

The Reason You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They said hospitals were the place where ‘I love you’s and prayers were most sincerely said. That is true. Because hospitals are the place where lives were constantly at stake. It is the place where the once you love were fighting to live and be with you. And right now, Lee Chaerin was in one of these hospitals.

 

She was standing outside the operation room, leaning on a wall near her, crying her eyes out. She felt numb, like every tick of the clock is slowly killing me. Lee Chaerin kept looking at the door, waiting for it to open. For the doctors to come out. For them to console her and tell her that he is okay. Damn that Wu Yifan.

 

Chaerin felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked at her side and saw Luhan, eyes filled with tears, smiling at her. “Don’t worry, Kris is a fighter, he could survive this,” he said but his words didn’t soothe Chaerin at all. She knew  Kris was a fighter. He was always a fighter. But this fight was different. This was a battle of life and death. “Jessica was right. You’ll the one who would save him. He decided to take the operation right after you talk some sense to him,” Luhan added and she just nodded.

 

She was hating this. For one, she really hated hospitals. They gave her the angst vibes. She exhaled deeply before pushing the door opened of a certain hospital room. The person sitting on that hospital bed overwhelms her. His eyes widen when he saw her before his face become devoid of any emotions. Really a cold city guy.

 

She counted to ten before walking towards him by the side of his bed. They just stared at each other. She fidgeted with her hands. It’s turning clammy. ‘Calm down. Calm down.’ A mantra she kept repeating on her head though she felt her heart beating frantically and her eyes felt something burning on its back. She so wanted to cry but she also have to be strong.

 

“So, it’s not a hoax. You’re really dying,” she said and she saw him averted his gaze from her. She inhaled deeply. The silence that followed was deafening. Like so many words were wanted to be express but they both don’t know how to start.

 

“I’m dying,” Kris whispered and though Chaerin knew it already, it still felt as if someone ripped her heart out her chest. He was dying. Her true love was dying. “I have coronary heart disease. Only one heart attack and I could die,” he said. She knew it. Everything about his illness, from its implication up to the little details. She shook her head. It was different. It felt so poles apart hearing those words. Jessica already told her about it but hearing it straight from Kris was so not the same. It’s as if the reality was really slammed on her face.

 

He gently grabbed her hand and held her gaze. “Faith, I’m dying.” Those eyes. She knew he was telling the truth but a part of her was wishing that all this was a dream. He pulled her waist forwar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter