Miracles in December

The Reason You Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday 9:00AM

December 29

 

December. Winter. The snow was slowly blanketing the roads and trees. Everywhere you look, there were snow. Chaerin looked out the window of her room, fascinated by the snowflakes and frost by her window. December, huh? Does miracles in December exist?

 

She heard a knock on the door before it creaked and opened, revealing her unnie. Park Bom smiled fondly at her dongsaeng. Chaerin looked so pretty with her hair dyed into ash-white and braided, with light make-up on her face. Her usual eye-makeup gone, revealing her small feline eyes that were so puffy, evidence that she cried so hard last night. She looked at Chaerin’s outfit which consist of a simple white shirt, black hoodie, red scarf and denim jeans and glared.

 

“Why are you not still dress up?” Bom asked and Chaerin’s brows furrowed. Her unnie was wearing a simple white dress that reached above her knees, with a red cardigan on top of it, blue flowers patterned on her white scarf. Bom went to Chaerin’s closet and grabbed a large box. Chaerin opened it and run her hand through the satin fabric of the dress.

 

Chaerin shook her head. “Unnie, I won’t wear that,” Chaerin said and Bom sighed and held their leader’s shoulders.

 

“Trust me, Chae. Just wear that,” Bom said and Chaerin rolled her eyes. Reluctantly, she grabbed the box and went to the bathroom to change. When she had finished dressing up, she struggled in going out the bathroom. Bom looked at their leader from head to toe. “Black and white,” she muttered, referring to the colour of the dress.

 

“It’s a neutral colour unnie and it kinda represent me and him. The absence of visible light is black. It's empty, like what I feel when I'm without him. And white happens when all of the visible light appears, just like what I feel whenever I'm with him. Plus it’s my favourite colours,” Chaerin explained and Bom just nodded, feeling the tears on the back of her eyes. She shouldn't cry. Dara told them not to cry, in front of Chaerin, especially not today. Chaerin grabbed her knee-length boots and paired it up with the dress. She seized her fur coat and put it on.

 

“Let’s get going. Everyone is on the church already,” Bom said and Chaerin nodded and followed her unnie outside. She took a last glance by the window, the frost on the window glass, before going to their car.

 

On the way to the church, Bom was glancing at Chaerin from time to time. She was driving Chaerin’s new Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4. The car was actually a Christmas gift, from Big Bang. Bom sighed when she noticed Chaerin kept fidgeting on the passenger seat. When they stopped at a red light, Bom took the opportunity to held Chaerin’s hands.

 

“Chae, calm down. Everything’s gonna be fine,” she said and Chaerin nodded, a soft smile on her face.

 

“I know unnie. It’s just that . . . “ Chaerin trailed off looking out the window. Snowflakes kissing the window glass. “The snowflakes reminds me of him. There’s a hidden warmth within its coldness,” she said and Bom felt her eyes feeling hot. Chaerin’s eyes widen when she saw Bom crying.

 

“Unnie!! Don’t cry,” she said and grabbed the box of tissue from the compartment. She grabbed some and dabbed it on Bom’s face. “Aigoo, uljima,” she added as Bom wiped her tears. Really, their ever emotional Park Bom.

 

“I’m sorry Chae. I know Dara said that no crying for today but . . .” Bom tried to explain and Chaerin just nodded.

 

“I guess tears can’t really be prevented in these kinds of occasion,” Chaerin said as Bom focus her attention in driving the car since the lights turned green already.

 

Chaerin closed her eyes when the car was entering the gates of the church. They were here. She felt tears forming on the back of her eyes. She took steady deep breathes to calm herself. She opened her eyes when the door by her side opened, revealing Dara, smiling at Chaerin, holding an umbrella. She held her hand out to Chaerin who accepted it and went out the car.

 

“You girls are late,” Dara said and glared at them. Her eyes soften when she looked at Chaerin. Their leader pointed at Bom who was now walking up the front stairs of the church, sharing an umbrella with Minzy. “Bommie-unnie kinda stall us by her crying antics,” Chaerin matter-of-factly said and Dara rolled her eyes.

 

“I already told her not to cry, especially with you. That girl, really,” Dara said as they walked up the stairs and towards the closed door of the entrance of the church. Chaerin sighed when they were finally standing outside the slightly opened magnificent mahogany door. Minzy and Dara held her hand and the four of them held each other’s hands, forming a small circle.

 

“Unnie, just remember that we are always her for you, no matter what happens. We’re family and we’ll always support each other,” Minzy said and squeezed her hand.

 

“Chaerin-ah, don’t forget that we are always a step behind you,” Bom said and the girls all looked at her. “Well, not literally but you know what I mean,” she added which made them all giggled.

 

“Just . . . I don’t know what to say,” Dara said, her voice was hoarse, trying to hold back her tears. She hugged Chaerin by the waist. “I love you Chae,” she said and Bom and Minzy nodded, hugging her, too.

 

Clearing of throats were heard that stopped the girls from their drama. They turned and saw five guys wearing black tuxedos, giving off that formal vibe. Chaerin smiled at them. “Oppa,” she called. Yeah, these guys are her oppas. Her support group. Big Bang.

 

“I thought we already established that no crying in front of Chaerin cause she might also cry when she saw us crying,” Daesung commented, smiling at the girls, his already small eyes, turning like slits.

 

“Yeah. Dara-noona reprimanded us but looked at her, crying her eyes out,” Youngbae teased and everyone laughed at Dara who was busy wiping her tears.

 

“Tssk. Girls, really,” Seungri commented and smiled when she noticed Chaerin smiling at them. “I’ll take this opportunity to say that you look pretty today, given the circumstances,” he said, motioning at Chaerin’s outfit and everyone glared at him. What a way to ruin the mood.

 

“Seungri and his tactless mouth again,” Jiyong commented and o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter