Wheedle deedle

EXO X Gossip Girl

"B?"

"Yes, J?"

"Will you go out on a date with Yixing?"

"What! Why would I do that?!" I jumped and screamed into the phone.

"Well, you know, I really wish the two of you can get along..."

"But we do! Haven't you seen us being polite to one another? We haven't quarreled or been rude to each other!"

"Yeah...but I know you are just being superficially polite B. I know you"

I can't deny it, so I maintain silence.

"I really wish the two of you can really get to know each other better. You both have so many similar interests! You are both into literature and the arts and you both like to talk so much, talk with big words that go over my head. You both like me! Haha. So I really wish you can have a chance to bond? Spend some alone time with him and you'll like him so much better I swear! Please, please, pretty pretty please? Bo, babe, B, B, BBBB..."

"Ok, ok, I'll try! I'll try to know him better!" I really have no way of refusing J when she whines. And she can wheedle me for an incessantly long time!

"But can't I just talk to him when all we hang out? Why does it have to be on a date?"

"That way the two of you can spend some quality time together. And ask each other anything. Without any interruptions or distractions from me or Siwon."

Hmm...I did wanna investigate Yixing more closely so I can get a hold on him and make J wean off him eventually. Maybe this is the right opportunity for that!

"Ok, I 'll do that. But are you sure you can actually bear to tear yourself away from him? Word on the vine is that you two have been going at each other like voracious rabbits!" I tease.

"Well, that's the other thing I'm calling out a favor for? We've been kinda... losing steam? So I reckon it'll be good to take a break from our usual routine? Spice things up abit? And...if I'll be truly honest...  while I do hope the two of you get along very well for most of your date, but you are two different people afterall, so differences may arise... you may have some discussions, some minor disagreements, just minor ones of course..."

"J, what are you rambling on about?"

"I'm just saying that I won't mind too badly if you and Yixing spar just abit, not too much, just abit like that last time at the club. When you got him riled up, he gave me mindblowing in return!"

"WHAT?! Am I part of your couple now? Ew! J, I think you got it all wrong, I highly doubt that's what made Yixing extra passionate?"

"I'm desperate B! We're losing that spark! I can feel it! I'll try anything to bring it back! Please just do this one thing for me!"

Oh! They are losing their spark already? Yay! I may not have to devise any plans to kick Yixing outta our lives afterall! But I agree to still go along on this "befriending date" anyhow, just to get J off my back.