Diversion

EXO X Gossip Girl

Ding! Another incoming message from Yixing. Eversince I walked in on him and Tiffany, I've been giving him the cold shoulder. Barring our necessary interactions during rehearsals, I've been ignoring him as much as I can. But that thick head doesn't seem to get it and insist on mending fences, sending me messages like such:

"Sorry Bo"

"I'm sorry Bo"

"I'm truly sorry Bo. Please tell me how I can make it up to you?"

"Come on, are you gonna ignore me forever? Aren't we friends? Surely our friendship can withstand such transgressions?"

Short of a lobotomy, I can never erase that vile image of him and Tiffany out of my mind. My memories would forever be tainted. Never the same. I cannot unsee what I've seen. Yixing can never make it up to me! 

It's a waste that I'll lose a theatre buddy that I've just found. But he was never in my life before that, and my life was perfect as it is. So no loss if he's out of it now. I think.

***

"Ok, that's all for today. So run along now kids and get started on that assignment ASAP! I want all your papers on my desk first thing tomorrow!"

"Yes, Miss Jones" our class reply in unison as we rise up from our desks to make our way out of the classroom.

I walk out of the classroom with Yoona and Suzy in tow.

"Hey beautiful!" Some tall blonde kid hollers in our direction and walks towards us with a brunet, tanned kid.

"Oh hi Sehun!" Yoona squeaks. "Are you calling me? You called me ...beautiful?" Yoona blushes.

"Yeah, that's right, you! How about we grab some froyo together now?"

"Sure! I would lurrrve to, Sehun!" Yoona gushes. Ok, Yoona, you really gotta tone it down a notch. You're making it too easy for this Sehun kid! Who are they by the way? They do look kind of familiar...which class are they from again?

"Would you like to come along too? Join Kai and I?" Sehun speaks to Suzy.

"Whassup!" The other kid winks at Suzy.

"Yes!" Suzy jumps at the opportunity. "I mean, Bo, is it ok if we go?"

"Sure, go ahead! I intend to head straight home today anyway."

"Thanks Bo!" Both Yoona and Suzy squeal and walk off with the boys.

Next thing I know, Yixing appears by my side and walks alongside me. "Hey Bo!"

I ignore his greeting and quicken my pace. "Talk to me please! I sent your gals off with my boys so we can talk properly!"

Oh! That's why the boys looked familiar! They are Yixing's classmates! I stop in my pace and turn to glare at Yixing. Curses! I'm reminded of that dirty dream I had and I feel my face heat up. I look away from him quickly. I maintain my silence and speed up to my locker. I just need to collect my things quickly and head out to the car waiting for me outside. 

But Yixing persists. "Bo, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry? Please just tell me how you can forgive me? How can I make this right again? Talk to me, Bo. Answer me please!"

I reach my locker and collect my things in silence as Yixing continues, "What exactly are you mad at me for? That I've moved on from J? J's moved on already too! Have you not seen Gossip Girl?" 

Yixing shoves his phone in my face. The screen reads: "Gossip Girl here. They say you can always take comfort in the familiar. Apparently you can also soothe an aching heart with the familiar. Yes, that's right folks. J is back with Bobby. So it's adios JY and hello again JB!"

Oh! J is back with Bobby? That is indeed news to me. When did it happen? J has not told me anything about it yet.

"So we good now?" Yixing interrupts my thoughts. 

"Well, this still doesn't discount the fact that I saw what I saw! That vile imagery that will forever taint my memories!"

"Well, I can't undo what has happened... but eversince then, I have not ed anyone within school premises! So...we'll never have the compromising run-ins again? I promise?" Yixing replies sheepishly.

"Come on! I miss having my theatre buddy! Can we go back to normal as before? We're also making things awkward for the slam if we keep up our Cold War?"

"But Kate and Petruchio are supposed to be antagonists. So on the contrary, our current status quo is a boon to Theatre Slam, it's helping us to stay in character!" I retort.

"What are we now? Method actors?" Yixing drolls.

I'm resisting the urge to crack a smile at his witty joke. "I need time to let the vile memories fade alright? So meanwhile, untill Theatre Slam is over, I'm fine with our status quo."

"Fair enough, I'll give you time then. Untill theatre slam is over. So farewell, sweet Kate!" Then Yixing blows a kiss and makes this overly elaborate bow with flourish of hand movements before he walks off. I resist the urge to smile again.

***

next chapter: Movie head