An awakening

EXO X Gossip Girl

Behind the closed curtain, the appreciative audience roars with catcalls and thunderous applause. I break away from Yixing's kiss and quickly get up. 

The curtain opens again and the remaining cast and crew run in to join us onstage as we all hold hands and run along to the edge of the stage and take our final bow together. I feel Yixing clasp my hand and I just hold his hand back and look straight ahead to the audience. Somehow I can't look Yixing in the eye now. My heart's pounding in my ears again, for the umpteenth time tonight! I feel as if I'm going to faint from all the hyper cardiac activity my palpitations are causing me! And right on cue I black out.

***

"Babe, you're awake!" I stir awake and open my eyes to see Siwon looking down at me.

"Thank God, you're awake!" Siwon pulls me up into a tight embrace and starts kissing me all over fervently. I look past Siwon and I see Yixing! And also J and the rest of the crew in the room too. 

"Siwon, stop!" I push my fiancé away as I realized that we're not alone.

"Sorry babe, I'm just so worried! Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I guess... What happened?" I ask.

"You fainted onstage" Yixing replies cautiously.

"Girl, luckily Yixing caught you as you collapsed! Otherwise you would have gotten a concussion had you fallen offstage!" Baekhyun quickly interjects.

"Oh. Thanks, Yixing"

"Sure. But you sure you ok? This is the second time I've seen you faint! You should probably get it checked out?" Yixing  suggests.

That's right this is the second time I've fainted in Yixing's presence! Oh no! He didn't administer CPR on me again this time, did he?

As if he read my thoughts, Yixing replies, "Anyway, immediately after I caught hold of you, Siwon leapt up onstage and attended to you."

"Thanks sweetie!" I look at Siwon and kiss him gratefully. Then I look back at Yixing and his expression hardens.

"B, don't worry and rest well k? Siwon and I will accompany you back to your home soon. Maybe you fainted cause you are low on sugar. Let me feed you some Mariebelles soon. I've got some in my car." J pipes up.

"Here", Yixing gets up and passes me a heart-shaped and a lip-shaped lollipops. "It's from our wins."

"We won?" I ask excitedly.

"Well, unfortunately we didn't win the big prize cause we deviated too much from the intent of the original script. According to the judges, instead of taming the shrew, we tamed the chauvinist instead. So St Jude's won. But we won a special prize as we were clearly the audience favorite! Also you two won the best couple and best kiss awards. That's what the lollipops are." Kyungsoo explains.

"Oh." Suddenly I'm reminded of our onstage kiss and my face heats up.

"Babe, you alright? You seem to be heating up?" Siwon asks concernly as he touches my cheek. "Let's get you home soonest to rest properly?"

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Rest well, Bo! We'll have a proper celebration party later again next week or so? After you are well enough." Kyungsoo chips in.

***

In the car with Siwon and J, I start to unwrap the lip-shaped lollipop and am about to eat it when Siwon takes it off my hands. 

"I don't want you eating this babe! In fact, we should trash these!" Siwon pouts petulantly.

"Why? They are perfectly fine and I need some sugar!" I snatch it back from Siwon.

J takes the lollipops off my hands and replaces them with a box of Maribelles, "Your fiancé is just jealous of the onstage kisses you had with Yixing! But have these instead. Fine quality truffles. None of that cheap sugar. I'll hold onto these for you first, B."

"Ok, thanks." I pop a piece into my mouth and feed Siwon a piece too. 

"Honestly, I don't know what you are jealous about Siwon? It's merely acting, right, B?" J asks. I nod silently as I stuff more chocolate truffles into my mouth.

"There! You're such a baby,  Siwon! I dated Yixing! And I don't even feel a thing when my ex-boyfriend and bestie kissed!" J teases Siwon.

"That's cause he's your ex! Bo is my fiancée! It's different! Besides, babe. I thought you told me it was suppose to be just a small peck on the lips. What's with the aggressive kissing? And you had two! Not just one kiss scene as you had told me!"

"Yixing did it! I was caught unawares too!" I protest.

"What! Did you mean to say that Yixing sneaked the kisses on you? He forced that open mouth kiss?" Siwon asks angrily.

"No! I mean...It was a sudden change! in script! So we didn't get to properly rehearse it! Besides, I didn't feel anything when we kissed. We were both so distracted trying to recall our lines! It was so robotic. Perfunctory. Also, Yixing has bad breath! Yucks! I had to hold my breath the whole while I swear!" I didn't want any trouble, so I lie through my teeth.

Siwon laughs. Phew!

"Bad breath? But I don't..."J starts to disagree but I quickly stuff a truffle into before I proceed to makeout with Siwon.