Simply falling

EXO X Gossip Girl

I enter the ballroom and heads turn. I'm decked out in a figure-hugging white Armani Prive gown with plunging neckline, paired with blindingly bejeweled Rene Caovilla strappy heels and all made up with dramatic wingtip eyeliner and red lipstick. I'm deliberately going for the bombshell effect, dressed up looking like Yixing's wet dream fantasy.

Yixing had just got off the stage after singing his song. And he looks absolutely gorgeous in a tuxedo - as that's the required dress code for the boys since it's a black tie event. He looks like a veritable Prince Charming, albeit the tragic hero type, as his expression looks forlorn. He didn't even notice my presence and he's walking over to the bar for a drink in a corner. He waved off two girls that had approached him, possibly to hit on him. Back off es, he's mine! He continues nursing his drink, looking desolate. My heart aches. I'm sorry Yixing! This is all my fault! I'll make it up to you soon!

The current song is ending soon, they should be playing the song I've requested next. Here's my cue. I walk swiftly up to Yixing. He looks up and swallows his breath and looks at me with this familiar awestruck expression he has when he sees me in a stunning outfit. How I miss this look of his!

"Care for a dance?" I smile at Yixing anxiously. He looks at me cautiously and nods his head silently and takes my hand, not saying a single word, as if he's expecting me to say anything important any minute.

I point towards the singer on the stage and tell him, "This is my answer. Please listen."

Then I put my hands around Yixing's neck and begin our slow dance. 

The chanteuse sings a cover of the song by Iyeoka,

"There goes my heart again

All of this time I thought we were pretending

Nothing looks the same when your eyes are open
Now you're playing these games to keep my heartbeat spinning
You show me love, you show me love
You show me everything my heart is capable of...

You have broken into my heart
This time I feel the blues have departed
Nothing can keep me away from this feeling"

And when the right line finally come along, I look into Yixing's eyes and sing along to the lyrics, "I know I am simply falling for you". Yixing breaks into a bright smile and tightens his grip around my waist, bringing me even nearer to him and we sway along blissfully to the music. 

The singer sings on and I caress Yixing's handsome face and mouth along to more lines, 

"You show me love, you show me love
You show me everything my heart is capable of
And now I can't break away from this fire that we started

There my heart goes again
In your arms I'm falling deeper
And there's nothing to break me away from this"

And with that line, I tip toe up to Yixing and kiss him fully and deeply. Infront of the whole of E.P. cohort. 

We kiss passionately for what seems like forever, ignoring audible gasps and gossiping around us, lost in our own world. When we finally break for air, I confess to Yixing, "Zhang Yixing, let's date! You're right. If we feel this strongly for each other, we can surpass all obstacles. Let's get through them one by one, step by step together. I don't know exactly what the future brings and I'm still scared, afraid. But with you around, I feel more assured. So let's go through this together, see how it goes? Because, while I can make an entire list of pros and cons whether I should date you or not. Not being with you is the biggest con. I miss you. I want you in my life. I need you. Teach me to love!"

"With pleasure." Yixing grins, "I love you Bo." and Yixing recaptures my lips again and we kiss, lost in our own world again.

***

*** THE END ***

*The song Yixing and Bo dance to is "Simply Falling" by Iyeoka