Let the courtship begin

EXO X Gossip Girl

Word has it that a certain Worker Bee has set his sights on the Queen! Gasp! How reaching! Well, but if anyone has enough intellect and bravado to try upsetting the social order, Worker Bee may just be the guy. Let the courtship begin!

XOXO Gossip Girl

****

Yoona and Suzy are sitting across me at the dining hall table and we're quibbling about Pantone's horrendous new Color of The Year, when they both suddenly freeze mid-sentence and gasp. Before I can ask them why, a massive bouquet of peonies and cabbage roses appear before me and Yixing sits himself down next to me!

"Morning, my beautiful Bo!" Yixing smiles at me and flashes his signature dimple.

"Yixing, what is this?" I ask mortified at the scene he's causing with his huge display of flowers.

"I'm courting you, Bo. Publicly." Then in a louder register, he continues, addressing everyone within earshot, "Let everyone at E.P. know that I, Zhang Yixing, am officially wooing you, Bo. And planning to win you over."

I sit in stunned silence! I did not expect such a public scene from Yixing. I am at a loss for words.

Yixing sniffs at the bouquet before us and whispers, "Take in the bouquet scent, Bo. Smells just like you. Alluring. Intoxicating."

Yixing then places the bouquet in my lap and holds my hands and recites, 

"O my luve's like a red, red rose.

That's newly sprung in June;
O my luve's like a melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will love thee still, my Dear,
Till a'the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my Dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
I will luve thee still, my Dear,
While the sands o'life shall run.

And fare thee weel my only Luve!
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile!"

Then Yixing kisses my hand, winks at me and takes off! I bury my face in my hands while I hear handphone shutters going off all around me, busily snapping shots, probably to blast off to Gossip Girl. I don't know if I'm more mortified by Yixing's public declaration of courtship or his recitation of the cringe-worthy Robert Burns love poem!

***

Ever since Yixing made his public declaration, I've been inundated with more advances by other suitors. All bearing more bouquets or chocolates and confections. It seems like word is out that I'm available and ready to date now, and suddenly I find myself dealing with suitors from every possible corner of E.P. and beyond. Erstwhile platonic single male friends suddenly turn into avid suitors. What's going on? Has Valentine's Day come early?

I'm clearing boxes of chocolates and macarons off my locker when Yixing pops by and snatches a box off my hands and helps himself to a macaron. 

"Umm...caramel. Who's this from? Suitor. No. 20?" Yixing teases.

"Haha. You'll find it funny. This is all due to you! You caused this with your public spectacle and now others are following suit!"

Yixing ignores my remark and just smirks at me, "Oh look, a green one! This must be your favorite pistachio flavor, Bo. Say ahh..." as he attempts to feed me a macaron.

"What are you doing!" I quickly swat his hand away and look around to see if there's anyone else looking upon Yixing behaving so cosily towards me.

"Are you worried people are looking? Let them see us! Everyone already know I've got the hots for you. So it should be no surprise at all to anyone that I'm hanging around you. I'm a fervent suitor by the way, so I intend to stick around you constantly. Follow you around like a lovesick puppy!" Then Yixing sticks out his tongue and pretends to pant, curling his hands under his chin. I can't help but laugh at such an adorable sight!

"Yeah! Score one for suitor No. 1!" Yixing fist pumps into the air.

"Ssh... Quiet down this is embarassing!" I try to shush him.

"Embarassing? Sure, I can make it all go away. Just choose me Bo. Make us official! Then there'll be no more pesky suitors and cheesy declarations of love."

"What makes you think I'm not enjoying all this extra amorous attention? You should be worried! You've got lots of fierce competition!" I taunt Yixing back.

"Are you? So who's the fierce competition? Name him! So I can size up my rival!" I'm tongue-tied. I lied. There is no competition. I've hardly taken notice of any of the other suitors. But I thought it would be fun if Yixing is kept on his toes.

"Well, that's for me to know and for you to find out!" I retort.

"Well, I'm not surprised you're desirable Bo. I've always found your magnetic presence alluring. No surprise many E.P. boys think likewise!" Yixing winks. "But I'll have you know that Suitor. No.1 here is no weak sauce either. Oddly enough, ever since I declared my intentions to woo you, the number of  girls who propositioned me doubled! It seems Gossip Girl has positively painted me as some romantic Romeo and now I'm even more desirable than ever! Also, many of these girls secretly hate your guts and can't wait to steal me from you!"

"What! Who?" I demand.

"That my sweet Bo, is for me to know and for you to find out!" Yixing winks again.

"So, among your many suitors... Is there someone who looks at you tenderly, like the way I do? Is there someone who is as enamoured of you as I am? Who's entranced everytime you speak? Who marvels at your wit and intellect? Who's beguiled by your beautiful smile and bright laughter? Who's enraptured by your scent? Who makes you blush from his touch?" Yixing reaches forward and caresses my cheek. Gosh, how I miss his touch!

Yixing continues speaking tenderly, "Who understands that when you say mean, spiteful words. It's often just a slip of tongue? A defense mechanism to protect yourself and your loved ones when you feel threatened? That despite your tongue, underneath that flawless, tough facade, you're just a thougtful girl who's afraid?"

Is there someone who's so absolutely smitten with you...who's so consumed by his desire for you that he's been craving every single tortuous day, for your touch again, but is barely holding it in, because of his foolhardy decision to let the girl he's so besotted with, so madly in love with, choose to love him back?"

"Yixing..." I gasp.

I have an urge to kiss Yixing now but I hold back. Yixing feels likewise as he confesses, "Can I kiss you Bo?"

"No! Not here! Not in school! Meet me later. After school, in my limo."

"Sure. Let's go on a date after school, to Museum M!"

"A d...date, right after school? Museum M? My minions and half of E.P. hangs out at the steps of M after school. No, it's too public!"

"But Bo, I've publicly declared that I'm wooing you, so of course I can ask you out for dates at public places! Finally! We can visit all the popular places like everyone else. Not just restrict ourselves to obscure, hidden finds."

"But you like obscure Yixing! The esoteric? Remember?"

"Yes, I do. But I'm also, like most people, I appreciate the popular things as well. I wanna see the popular Magical World of Escher with you! And I'll admit, I want to flaunt my beautiful date for all to see. Especially in the faces of your pesky macaron-gifting suitors."

"I don't know Yixing...let me think about the museum date? Let's just meet in my limo first?"

"Sure babe. See ya then! Muaks!" Yixing blows a kiss at me and walks off.