Intervention

EXO X Gossip Girl

"Miss Bo, Miss Jessica and Mr Siwon are here to see you." Dorota announces outside my room's door.

What?! Why are they both here? I don't really wish to entertain any visitors now. I just want to continue lying in, dwell in my heartbroken misery and bawl myself to sleep again! 

"Tell them I'm not receiving visitors!"

"B, you're not hiding from us!" J swings open my door and bounds in and her face falls when she sees me. "Oh! B! You look awful, sweetie!" J rushes onto my bed beside me and pulls me into a tight hug. "You silly girl! Hiding away and bawling your eyes out!"

"Bo's crying?" Siwon's concerned voice echoes on the otherside of the door.

"Yes, poor girl here cried her eyes swollen!" J shouts to Siwon and turns back to ask me, "is it ok if Siwon comes in too?" I nod silently.

"Siwon get your in here!"

Siwon steps in carefully and his face drops too when he sees me. "Bo..." He hurries over to my other side and holds my hand and pats it reassuringly.

"Why are you both here?" I ask weakly.

"Because we're worried for you babe. It's the first time you've missed school for so many days! And you've not answered my calls or responded to any of my messages!" J replies hurriedly.

"You like Yixing this much huh?" Siwon asks matter of factly without a tinge of jealously or hurt in his voice.

I look back at him surprised and ask "What! What makes you think..." Before I can finish my sentence, J interjects, "Don't deny it B. We both know this is because of Yixing. You've been like this ever since that spectacle on Monday when Yixing poured his heart out onstage."

"How did you know?" I surrender and ask them back guiltily.

J replies, "Initially, when we read that Yixing declared he's wooing you on Gossip Girl, we didn't make anything of it..."

Siwon continues, "till his confessional performance on Monday and your reaction to his performance. I saw you fleeing the scene looking so pained. I've ... I've never seen you in so much pain Bo."

J carries on, "and subsequently you missed school for the rest of the week. It's so uncharacteristic of you to miss even a day of school, B! It must have been something major! So Siwon and I spoke to your minions and put two and two together and figure out something must be going on between you and Yixing."

I stay silent. How can I explain my situation with Yixing to my bestie who's his ex-girlfriend and my ex-fiancé?

J speaks plainly, "My guess is that you and Yixing have fallen for each other and Yixing has been wooing you but you rejected him and now you are in heartache because you are living in denial?"

I don't answer J and look down guilty.

J sighs exasperatedly, "B, Siwon and I are checking on you cause we're worried. But another reason we're here too is cause we're calling for an intervention."

"Intervention? For?" I ask.

"For you to stop denying your feelings for Yixing and to accept him and date him" Siwon explains. My eyes widen at surprise at these words coming out of Siwon, but before I can react any further, he adds, "Bo, you and Yixing have our blessings. Both J's and mine."

"Yes, B. If you're rejecting Yixing because of us. Please don't worry about us! We've both moved on! Really! I've long moved on from Yixing at least two relationships ago! I'm back with Bobby again actually. I think he's the one! I'll update you on the details later! And Siwon. You've started seeing someone else too, right?" 

Siwon smiles sheepishly and answers, "Yes, I'm dating this model babe outside school. Her name is Liu Wen."

"There! Everyone's happy! You should pursue your happiness too, B!" J cheerfully encourages.

Siwon joins in, "Yes, Bo. We're no longer together but we grew up together and it pains me to see you, a dear friend, in such pain. I wish for you to be happy too!"

"Thanks, you two. But, it's not just that. I... I can't get over the hurdle that Yixing and I are from such different backgrounds. I'm afraid to accept him. Afraid of our futures together! Also he's confessed his love! Yixing says he loves me! Love! That's such a big commitment!"

"Wow. Yixing said he loves you? That's big, B! Coming from him. Yixing has never ever said it to me. Not once. Even though I kept saying it to him. Well, you know me...haha. But from what I hear of Yixing, he's never once uttered the L-word to any of his ex-es. He takes the word seriously. He doesn't say it lightly. He must have meant it when he said it to you.

Anyways... Backgrounds. Shmehgrounds. B, we live in modern times! You and Yixing ain't Romeo and Juliet! Montague and Capulet can get together these days. You and him are hardly from feuding families! It's true, dating Yixing will be different from what you're used to. But you've been too sheltered, B.  It's high time you step out of your comfort zone and take an adventure! Besides, money-aside, you and Yixing aren't that different! Quite the opposite, you two are like two peas in a pod! Honestly, I swear when I dated Yixing, sometimes I felt like I'm hanging out with you instead! Both of you have such similar interests! To be honest, I'm not surprised that Yixing courted you when you became single. When we dated, he had an unusual amount of interest in you. I noticed he paid more attention when I talked about you! You have no idea how much our conversations revolve around you. A lot of time, your name just comes up unintentionally. Like Yixing would mention a play, them I'll recall that you like that play too. Then he'll make me recite blow-by-blow your comments on the play. And often he'll be nodding along and smiling to himself over your precious observations. Or he would be reading a book and I would mention that I just saw the same book at your nightstand the day before. Then he'll ask me why did you like the book too? Or how did you find the book? Or how you would both give the same critique over an art piece. It's uncanny how similar you both are honestly! And Yixing is the first hot guy that actually rivals your intellect. Come on, all the other brainy guys we know of are all hopeless nerds and geeks. If you're looking for someone as smart as you and not too shabby. Yixing's the guy for you, B! Two of you are well-matched in terms of looks and brains."

Siwon nods vigorously and adds grudgingly, "Actually... I sensed your compatibility too... even back when we were still engaged. Come to think of it, sparks flew between you both, right from our first meeting with him? Remember when the two of you argued? Both of you got so immersed in your conversations and sparring of words that J and I become mere bystanders? Your intense exchange just went over both our heads! I'll....have to admit it. You both have this chemistry. This spark when you interact. Also Yixing has been checking you out, since ages ago. I didn't think it was unusual of him then cause of his player reputation but it made me jealous when he's around you. Remember I got mad when you both kissed onstage? That was cause you both looked so compatible! Your chemistry was obvious. Really Bo, that look on your face when you kissed Yixing? I'll never forget it. I've never seen such a tender expression on you before. It was a revelation of your real feelings back then. Your genuine affection and attraction for Yixing. No offense Bo, but I don't believe you're that good of an actress to be so convincing and committed to the scene then. You weren't acting back then, your feelings were real! And you care about Yixing, Bo. Don't deny it! He affects you, deep down. You react strongly to him. Usually you don't give two hoots about other guys. But you're always sensitive and aware of him. Remember when we ran into Yixing getting a bj at the theatre? You left in such a huff, I swear you were jealous! "

J chimes in, "And I notice that prior to last week, you had been so happy. You smiled more and you had this glow about you. Even your minions confirmed that you had been nicer to them. And it's all cause of Yixing wasn't it? Cause you were simply put, in love!"

"Love is such a strong word. I don't know if I can use it to describe how I feel about Yixing?" I demur.

"B, for someone who keeps denying the L-word, you definitely look by all accounts, lovesick right now! But anyways, do you admit that you like Yixing? Are you aware that you're attracted to him?" J inquires.

"Yes, I'll admit I'm physically and ually attracted to him." I confess honestly to J. Oops, I can't believe I'm so crass as to blurt out my ual attraction to Yixing infront of his ex-girlfriend and my ex-fiancé! But I look back at them and they both hardly flinch at my confession. So I bolster on, "But I don't know if I love him? I don't know if I love him back equally too?"

"B! You don't have to love love him now! Yixing doesn't have to be the love of your life now for you to start dating him! But he can potentially become the love of your life because you start dating him and get to know him better! This love thing. It takes time. It takes time to develop love, to build a relationship. You need to experience more things together as a couple, go through trials and tribulations. It's all very complicated. But right now, you just have to ask yourself the simple, but most important questions. Are you happier with him or without him? Do you miss Yixing?"

I do! So so very much! I look back at J and Siwon as I just realized I had my epiphany! Why did it take me so long to figure this out. I can't do without Yixing. I need Yixing in my life! 

I reach forward and pull both J and Siwon into a tight embrace. "Thanks babes! I really needed this. Thanks for helping me see the light!"

I've underestimated my dear friends. I've often think that I'm the smarter one. But while I've got book smarts, IQ. I lack what J and Siwon score in spades in. EQ. My dear friends are much more emotionally intelligent than I am. Thanks to them, I understand I shouldn't continue running away from my true feelings. I need to listen to my heart. And that is the most pertinent answer!