Huang Zi Tao

Christmas Special 2014 ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You jolted awake when you could hear your phone ringing from a distance – your cellphone. You swore once it started ringing, it woke you up and now you were getting up from the sofa groggily with blurry vision as you looked around. Where the hell was your phone?!

You got up and nearly felt down as you followed the source of where the sound was coming from. You felt like you’ve unlocked an achievement when you’ve managed to get ahold of your phone where you opened your eyes, focusing on the name popping up on the screen.

Tao ♥
Answer || Decline || Decline with message

Without any hesitations, you tapped on the ‘answer’ button that was lit up with a bright green color before you placed the phone by your ear. You cleared your throat a bit before greeting, “H-Hello…?”

He swallowed hard on the other end, unsure if he should tell you this now but… this was the only chance he has. He held onto the phone tight, greeting you back, “Hey, gongzhu…”

You smiled at the fond pet name he called you by, it felt like he was home already. You sat down by the dining table where that was where your phone was. You leaned your back against the seat, attempting to be more alert considering you had just woken up – you were feeling a bit groggy and blur.

He raked a hand through his hair on the other end, releasing a silent sigh, “G-Gongzhu…?”

You only hummed in response and he could somehow tell that you were probably sleeping. Heck, it was already late in the night, nearing one in the morning – who wouldn’t be asleep at this hour? However, that was also the time that Tao was supposed to return because he was away for concerts and such. He has such a busy schedule that he wasn’t sure if he could come back. Of course, thinking about that possibility broke your heart because not once have you not celebrated Christmas with him. Every Christmas, every holiday, you were able to celebrate it with the love of your life.

Not being able to be with him during this festive season would break your heart – he knew that.

“I… I don’t think I can…”

Your eyes suddenly popped open at his nervous tone. The way he was speaking and the words he was trying to say made your heart race all of the sudden as you’ve gained much more conscious than before. What was he trying to say?

He let out another shaky breath he was holding in as he rephrased his words, thinking of another way to pass on this message despite the time span he was given.

“T-Tao… What are you trying to say?” Was the first coherent sentence you could say as you stared ahead of you, at the photo frame that contained a picture of you and Tao during last year’s Christmas. Whether that was a coincidence or not, you didn’t care. You just wanted your Tao home and safe for Christmas.

“I… My flight got differed again and… I may not be able to make it back for tomorrow.”

But tomorrow’s the 25th… Your heart reminded you.

Hell, he sounds tired… He must feel bad too… Your mind tried to argue back, making you feel a debate going on in your mind.

Should you even get mad or anything like that? Should you feel disappointed? You really didn’t know. You honestly didn’t know what to say that you kept quiet, your lips that suddenly got dry. It would be impossible for Tao to hear your heart cracking despite the absolute silence over the phone.

“G-Gongzhu, I know you’re sad, I know you’re disappointed but-“

You couldn’t hold yourself back.

“You don’t know anything, Tao…”

You could almost hear the gasp he had on the other end and you didn’t know if that was a good thing or not. He felt the pain in your voice despite o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter