Kim Jongdae

Christmas Special 2014 ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This would be the first Christmas without him… right?”

You couldn’t help but suppress the little frown you wanted to give away and replace it with a smile as you turned to look at Chen’s mom. There was this pinch of sadness she had in her voice that made your heart ache because Christmas was one of the festivals and holidays in which Chen and his whole family could reunite again. However… Chen wasn’t here because he was busy with his concerts and tours. He was supposed to be back yesterday but it seems like today, the day where you and him would be going over to his family’s place for a Christmas dinner, he had failed to make it back. He had called you and apologize to you thoroughly with a solid explanation but that doesn’t mean you were alright with that.

Of course you felt sad but… at the same time you couldn’t blame him.

“Yeah… But I’ve got you guys.” You smiled, accepting her warm hug as her arms wrapped around you lovingly. She your back and lightly kissed your shoulder since you were slightly taller than her. That was what she would always do to Chen because he too, was taller. You smiled and leaned away, reaching over to kiss the side of her head.

“Shall we get started with the dinner?”

“Yes, we shall.”

This felt like home. Even if Chen wasn’t able to be here to cherish this, you could cherish this on his behalf.

-

During dinner, it was so cheerful and everything. You’ve managed to chat around with his family members from his parents to his grandparents and it was just really fun. Being with Chen for many years now, it was equivalent to the number of years you’ve seen his family from time to time. And at the very least, twice a year you’d visit them - Christmas being one of the times you’d visit them, too.

It was always a fun time and it felt like his family was your family.

The food and the dishes were all appetizing and very delicious but it was time for dessert. Like, who doesn’t have room for dessert?

You got up, a grin on your face as you said, “I’ll get the dessert!”

However, before you could, “U-Uh! Darling! Could you fetch something from underneath the Christmas tree first?” Chen’s father had suddenly asked for a favor, making you pursue your lips as you asked, “What is it, though?”

You wanted to ask if it could wait a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter