Chapter 8

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

Related image

Chapter 8


 

"How long?" Chansung asked Ji yeon.

 

Ji yeon shrugged. "Three weeks? About that."

They both sat at the kitchen table with a cup in hand. Ji yeon took a sip of morning coffee as usual while Chansung holding a cup of Earl Grey tea.

"She really has changed, isn't it?" he asked again.

"She's not a workaholic like she used to," Ji yeon said, nodding. "Her schedule is not as crowded as before."

"And she eats regularly. Usually she even almost never ... oh, I don't want to think she used to which rarely eat," Chansung said with shaking, and then sipped his tea. "I really want to meet that guy named Jang Wooyoung."

Ji yeon thoughtful. "I think they both ..." She paused, then looked at Chansung. "Chansung, does she likes him? After all, they're still kept in touch despite the music video shooting was over."

At that moment the door opened and both of them at the kitchen table at once turned to it. Ji eun stood in the doorway in her robe and with a face of someone who obviously just woken up. That was another change in her friends realized in Ji eun self the last three weeks. Her time of sleep also improved.

"Good morning, Sunshine," Chansung said cheerfully. "Come join us with the cute muffins that I made just now."

Ji eun yawned, then looked at her two friends. "What are you talking about?"

"About how Wooyoung managed to make you changed," Chansung said and smiled broadly when Ji eun looked at him with narrowed eyes. "And we didn't complain."

Ji eun brew a cup of green tea for herself and joined them at the table. She grabbed one of chocolate muffin at the large plate on the table, then looked at the other two. "What?" She asked.

Her friends just shook their head, grinning. "What will you do today?" Chansung asked.

"Hmm, this is really good," Ji eun said after a bite of her muffin. "This afternoon I have to go to see Taeyeon. She had returned to London and she said she wanna tell me about some things. I think she also wanted me to meet one of the fashion designers who will display in the magazine. Then after that, I have a photoshoot schedule."

Chansung put his cup slowly, then cleared his throat. "You don't go to see your Wooyoung today?" he asked, putting up the attitude of pretending not to be too interested, but failed miserably.

Ji eun shrugged. "I don't know," she muttered. "Maybe today will not be able to."

"By the way, will you ask him to go to my prime show?" Ji yeon asked suddenly.

Chansung  snapped his fingers. "Yeah, right. Ask him. I was curious to meet your Wooyoung. I often heard about him but have never seen him. Great idea, Yeonnie." he said quickly. He looked back at Ji eun with beaming faces. "Ji yeon said he is very tall and handsome. Really my type."

Ji eun frowned, then gave a short laugh. "Oh, dear."

Chansung  waved his hand. "Relax," he said simply "I'll just admire from afar. I never robbed my friend's property."

Ji eun snorted. "My ..."

"Call him now," Ji yeon  said quickly. "Ask him if he could come to my show or not. He may invite his friends, of course. The more people who come to watch the show is better for me. This is my first role, you know? My role was only as the friend of the main character, but I assure you that it's a very important role."

Ji eun looked up into the small clock in the refrigerator. "Call him now?" She asked.

"Yes. Let me know how many tickets shall I give you," Ji yeon said.

Ji eun go back to her room to retrieve her cellphone, then back to the kitchen with the phone glued to her ear. A few seconds later she shook her head and turn off the phone. "He's busy. I'll call him later," She said. Then she glanced at the clock again. "I should take a shower now."

Chansung remained silent, waiting until Ji eun locked herself in the bathroom, then rushed to Ji yeon whispered excitedly, "Did you hear that? I called her Wooyoung twice and ..."

"And she didn't argue," Ji yeon finished Chansung's words with a grin. "Really interesting."

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

An hour later, Ji eun was in Taeyeon's green quirky VW and listen to her friend telling her about what happen during her holiday trip to Korea.

"So, your grandfather's birthday party held massive?" Ji eun asked.

"Yes. They invited a lot of people," Taeyeon said from behind the wheel. "Of course it's good to me. You know I like being in a crowd. And even better because many of the guests can speak English. I don't feel weird myself and I met many interesting people."

Ji eun smiled, understanding her friend intention. "You mean, a lot of attractive men?"

Taeyeon laughed. "That's include," she admitted. "Oh, this holiday was great."

When Taeyeon stopped the car in front of a modern style building in Covent Garden, Ji eun frowned. "Taeyeon, why are we stopping here? I thought we would go and see a fashion designer."

"Oh, I have to give the goods entrusted to someone," Taeyeon says, taking a bundle from the back seat. "There is a friend of my mother wanted to send ginseng to her son who lives in London. And, she left it to me."

"Oh," Ji eun murmured, getting out of the car.

"But I'm sure it's just an excuse," Taeyeon says again. "I'm sure she and my mother conspired to match me with her son."

Ji eun raised eyebrows. "Oh, really?"

"She showed me a picture of his son," Taeyeon said. "In the photo her son does look perfect according to my judgment. But who knows? Photos can be edited. Probably he is not as perfect as in the photo."

"So you take me?" Ji eun guessed with a grimace.

Taeyeon smiled apologetically. "If it turns out the man was different from the photo that I saw, I don't want to linger here. You could be the reason for a quick escape."

"If it turns out he was as perfect as in the photo?"

"You can get out the way and let me take care of himself," Taeyeon joked.

Ji eun sighed and shook her head. She looked up again at the building in front of her. It so happened that the man who would like to meet Taeyeon worked in Park Jinyoung's studio. Maybe she could find a moment to see Wooyoung while Taeyeon meet anyone who she wanted to see. Of course, if Wooyoung isn't too busy.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Wooyoung was busy editing a picture with one of the editors when his phone rang. he looked at his phone screen. His sister? Wooyoung out of the room to take a call. "Annyeong, noona," he said shortly.

"Yah, Wooyoung-ah. I hope I'm not disturbing you," Tiffany's voice sounded smooth on the other line.

"No. It's okay," Wooyoung said, getting out into the hallway and closed the door behind him. "What's wrong?"

"It's been a few days I intend to call you, but somehow I forgot," Tiffany said. "It's about Mom and her ambition."

Wooyoung sat in one of the couch that lined in the corridor and smiled a little. He could guess the direction of the conversation. "Mom and her ambition," he repeated softly.

"Yes. Last week she went to a party-don't ask me what party. I don't know-and she met a friend, or acquaintance, or something..."

"And her friend, or her acquaintance, or anything like that has a daughter?" Wooyoung guessed.

"Yes. And what a coincidence that the girl will return to London. So she asked her if she could leave her for ginseng to be given for you."

"Mm-hmm. Ginseng. It's really creative."

"So I want to warn you that she still has not given up in her quest to match you, even though you've escaped to the ocean," Tiffany said with a laugh.

"I knew it," Wooyoung sighed.

"What?"

"This morning she called me."

"Who? Mom?"

"No," Wooyoung said a brief. "That girl."

"Girl? You mean the girl that Mom wanted to match with you?" Tiffany asked in surprise.

"Mm-hmm."

"Oh, so she's in London now? How does she look like? What did she say?"

Wooyoung laugh. "Noona , I haven't met her. She just called me. I think Mom who gave her my phone number. She didn't say anything, just that Mom left the ginseng for me. I'll meet her later." He glanced at his watch. "In fact, soon she will come here."

"Oh, Wooyoung, you have to tell me later. I wonder how she looked," Tiffany said curiously. "Are you going to take her to lunch? I think it's still daylight there, right? Who knows you'll love this one."

Wooyoung grimace. "I really doubt it. Noona don't expect too much. And please tell Mom to stop match me. I really don't want to participate in this game anymore."

"So what? I thought you'd never met this girl? Not that I defend Mom, but you don't say no before you... wait, I smell something here." Tiffany paused, then asked suspiciously, "Jang Wooyoung, do you have met someone over there?"

Wooyoung smile widened. He was about to answer when someone called him. He looked up and saw one of his colleagues said that there was a guest for him. Wooyoung nodded and raised a hand to thank. Then he said to his sister on the phone, "Listen, noona, I must go now. I think she has come. Next time we'll talk again."

"Jang Wooyoung..."

"I will hang up yet, noona."

Wooyoung immediately hangs up the phone with a satisfied smile. His sister will be grumpy. Oh, that's for sure. But Wooyoung will let her sister guessed first. At least for a while.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 Ji eun looked at her phone with a frown. Why Wooyoung's phone still busy? She sighed and turned back to Taeyeon who was sitting on one available couch after providing the name of the person who wanted to see to the receptionist.

Taeyeon looked up at her. "Why? Your friend is not here?" she asked.

"Maybe he was busy," Ji eun said and sat next to Taeyeon.

Not too long, Taeyeon nudge. "Look. I think it's him."

Ji eun turned toward the desk. There was a tall man there, talk to the receptionist. Isn't it ...? Ji eun blinked in surprise. Jang Wooyoung?

"Gosh, he looks exactly like in the picture," Taeyeon muttered excitedly. "Exactly the same. Perfect."

Ji eun turned to look at her friend who watched Wooyoung with eyes glittered with praise. Suddenly her heart began to pound harder. Oh, dear. Don't say that the people who are paired with Taeyeon is Jang Wooyoung.

Wooyoung then turned when the receptionist pointed toward Ji eun and Taeyeon. Wooyoung eyes immediately fixed on Ji eun and his smile grew. Oh, dear, why did he have to smile like that? Ji eun without conscious thought. Ji eun looked back at Taeyeon. Of course, Taeyeon also sees that smile. And a new flash she saw in Taeyeon's eyes confirmed her suspicious.

"Ji eun, why are you here?" Wooyoung asked as he approached Ji eun with wide steps. And that damned smile still tugging at his lips.

Ji eun realized Taeyeon rapidly rotating head towards her. "You know him?" Taeyeon whispered in a tone of wonder.

Ji eun quickly stood up and forced her lips to smile. "Hi, Wooyoung."

"I was planning to take you to lunch together later," Wooyoung said, still staring at Ji eun. "I see you've come here."

"Uh, actually ..." Ji eun turned toward Taeyeon who was standing next to her. "This is my friend, and uh..." She really didn't know how to explain this situation because she was still confused.

Taeyeon swiftly took over the state. She reached out to Wooyoung with a bright smile that has been frequently pointed out in front of the camera. "Hello," she said smoothly. "I'm Kim Taeyeon, the person who called you this morning."

Wooyoug shakes her hand. "Oh?" He also looked a little confused as he stared at Taeyeon and Ji eun turns. "So..."

"Actually Ji eun only accompany me to see you," Taeyeon explained smoothly. "I don't know if you two know each other. It's a pleasant surprise."

"It seems so. It was a surprise," he said, Wooyoung nodded. Then he realized something. "Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Jang Wooyoung. Nice to meet you. Ji eun's friend is also my friend."

Taeyeon handed the bundle in her hand. "This is entrusted from your mother."

"Thank you. I'm sorry because it was inconvenient," Wooyoung said.

"I don't mind."

Ji eun glance Taeyeon and must prevent herself to not rolled her eyes. Taeyeon's face clearly shows that she is very interested of what in front of her eyes.

"By the way," he said again, Wooyoung looking at Ji eun and Taeyeon alternately, "I intend to invite Ji eun to lunch together. Why don't you come with us? You've been kind enough to bring the entrusted to the office, at least I can buy you lunch." He glanced at his watch, then looked at Ji eun, "How about a half hour?"

"I can't," Ji eun said, a little surprised to realize her voice sounding curt. "There is a work this afternoon."

Wooyoung raised eyebrows.

This time Ji eun keep her voice under control and quickly added, "I'll eat. Take it easy. I would eat. It's just that I would not have enough time to eat lunch outside."

"That's good," Wooyoung said with a small smile.

"I'm free this afternoon," Taeyeon suddenly interrupted.

Wooyoung raised his eyes and smile of Ji eun and pointed to Taeyeon. "Well," he said lightly. "How about a half hour we met in Covent Garden Piazza? We can find a lot of options there."

"Sure," Taeyeon said.

Ji eun head suddenly throbbed. Jeez, what's the matter with her? She had enough sleep and enough to eat. Why her head back in problems?

A few minutes later Ji eun and Taeyeon was sitting back in a Taeyeon's green VW and Ji eun should listen to the Taeyeon's chatter of passionate. "This is really a coincidence, isn't it, Ji eun?" Taeyeon asked with a laugh. "It turns out that you are a friend of Jang Wooyoung. The World is so narrow. How come you never said you have a handsome friend like him?"

Ji eun just smiled and murmured vaguely.

"And have I told you that he's exactly the picture I saw?" Taeyeon up. "It's really great. Ji eun, you must tell me all about him."

Ji eun turned looked at her friend. "Why me?"

Taeyeon laughed. "Is it also needs to be asked? You're his friend and you know more about him. It's obvious you could help me."

Don't know what to say, Ji eun smiled again, then looked away out the window and exhale slowly.

Oh dear...

 

A/N: Chapter 8 is finally out! Sorry for making you guys wait. Let me know what you guys think. Oh by the way don't forget about Bigbang's comeback this month, 12/12/16. Mark your calendars VIP fans ^^ 

 

Special mentions:

@deandew, thank you for your patience. I really appreciate it ^^

@Hanminse, I know right. That is my favorite chapter, hehe

@iuismylife, thank you ^^

@wooyoung_jwy, here's an update. I will try to update next week on Tuesday, thank you, muah! ^^

@WooUthebest, here you go ^^ thank you for reading my story :)