Chapter 19

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

 

Lee Ji Eun IU ♡:

 

Chapter 19


 

"Ji eun, what do you think?"

Ji eun snapped out of her reverie and looked up. "Hmm?"

Chansung raised his eyebrows and took a sip of his Earl Grey tea. "What do you think? " he asked again.

"About what?"

"Oh good. She's not listening to us before, " said Ji yeon, turning her eyes. "What's up with you early this morning, Ji eun?"

Ji eun shrugged. "Nothing."

"She's always been like this when she haven't seen "him." Remember when Wooyoung went to the Lake District? She was also like this, " said Chansung to Ji yeon. "By the way, it's been a few days since Wooyoung is invisible. Where is he? "

Ji eun sips her herbal tea and looked out the kitchen window. It's been a few days she had not met with Wooyoung. Precisely since Ji eun said those words "And I can not look at you without a thought of your brother and what he have done to me."  Until now Ji eun has not been able to forget the look on Wooyoung's face from that moment as if her words incapacitate instantaneously. And until now it is still tormenting guilt inside her chest, making it quiet, could not sleep, could not eat, and almost could not breathe.

She wanted to call Wooyoung to explain that the purpose of the words time was not as bad as it sounds, but it is always the attack on last moment. She was afraid Wooyoung is still mad at her. She was afraid Wooyoung will refused to talk to her. The idea made Ji eun increasingly depressed.

"Ji eun, you know where's Wooyoung?" Ji eun gasped again, but hse was saved from having to answer Ji yeon's question when the doorbell rang on their flat. Ji yeon rose from her seat and went to open the door. Not long after she went back with Taeyeon in the kitchen.

"Hi, friends. I know I came at the right time. I have the scent of eggs and bacon from the front door. Origin of you know, I have not had my breakfast and now my stomach actually growled, " Taeyeon said cheerfully, completely contrary to what Ji eun felt that time.

Chansung waved. "Sit down and eat. I never refuse to provide food to skinny girls who complained she was starved. "

"So what are you guys talking about?" Asked Taeyeon pouring cup of coffee for herself.

"About Ji eun often daydreaming and Wooyoung who is not visible the past few days," Chansung said lightly.

Taeyeon nodded and sipped her coffee. "That is true. At that time he told me there is a bit of work in Dublin. "

"So now Wooyoung is in Dublin? No wonder, "Ji yeon said, then turned to Ji eun's direction. "He never told you."

Because Ji eun herself do not know. Ji eun bit her lip and turned to stare at  Taeyeon. Wooyoung went to Dublin? Why Taeyeon knows about it? 

"Oh, yes, Ji eun, I came here to ask for your help." Sounds Taeyeon as she penetrates Ji eun's tangled mind. "There is one article in my magazine and I thought you could ... "

"Sorry, Taeyeon," interrupted Ji eun quickly, almost without thinking. "I guess I can not help you this time. "

Taeyeon looks a bit shocked. "Oh," she murmured. "You've been busy?"

"Yes." Ji eun smiled slightly, finishing her tea as she stood up. "In fact, now I have to go if you don't want me to get chewed up by a photographer since I'm running late. "

"You have a shooting schedule today? You didn't say ... "

"I know my own schedule," Ji eun cutting Chansung's words and looked at him with narrowed eyes. "And I'm very busy today."

Chansung raised his hands in surrender. "Oh, all right, lass. Have fun."

After muttering goodbye That is not clear to any of her friends, Ji eun worn her jacket and grab her bag in the room, then hurried out of her flat which began to be felt stifling. Outside, she looked up at the sky which oddly enough bright contrary to her mood and breathed deeply, but her efforts were not successful in eliminating the burden out of her chest. Also didn't manage to make her mood improved.

Actually, Ji eun had no work schedule this morning, but she was too restless to sit at home without doing anything, even more so after Taeyeon came and said that Wooyoung was in Dublin. Ji eun exhaled hardly. She had to calm down. She had to go to a place that could make her mind quiet in peace. Maybe she could go to the salon. Or to Harrod 's. Yes, shopping always managed someone to make them happy.

But strangely, she never got to go to a salon or to Harrod 's. Without really realizing it, her footsteps took her back to the small garden she has visited with Wooyoung. Where she and Wooyoung never eat the most delicious fish and chips in London. The place that always reminded her of Wooyoung.

Really pathetic.

The park was filled with flowers, just as she had said to Wooyoung, but Ji eun hardly noticed her surroundings. She only walks along the path beside the pool with her head bowed and thinking ... thinking ... Gosh, what's wrong with me? Ji eun grimaces and hits her own head. "Stupid. Stop thinking about it."

But if she does not want to think of it, if she should not think of Wooyoung Jang, why among all the places that she can visit in London she is coming here? She really depressed.

Truly ...

Ji eun gasped loudly when suddenly someone gripped her arm, followed by the sound of a low and flat that said, "Do you want to plunge into the pool?"

Ji eun blinked and realized that she had walked away from the footpaths and even lead to the pool. Is she too busy daydreaming to not pay attention to the path in front of her?

Then, Ji eun stunned. Wait ...That voice ... That voice! Shee turned quickly and her eyes immediately focused with dark eyes that stared at her as he grimly smiles.

 

 

* * * * 

 

 

Wooyoung leaned back against the back of a park bench and tilted his face toward the sky sunny at London. Surprising at all. The weather in London is always at odds with his mood. Wooyoung exhales and bowed his head back.

It has been several days since the last time he met with Ji eun. he Also, he is trying not to meet the girl. He knew Ji eun needs time to calm down and think. Wooyoung, too. But until now he had not managed to get rid of the guilt on his heart. He also doesn't want Ji eun to expel the shadow of his mind, especially when Ji eun said that she always thought of the people who have hurt her every time she sees Wooyoung.

That fact makes Wooyoung frustrated. He had promised himself that he would do anything to protect and keep Ji eun from pain. But what if the person who always makes Ji eun suffer is Wooyoung himself? What can he be done to make everything right?

Before he could answer that question, his phone rang. Wooyoung exhales and pulls out his phone sounded deafening in the middle of the deserted park.

"Hello?"

"Wooyoung?" Tiffany's voice sounds a bit restless on the other end. "Are you busy? "

"Oh, Noona. No, I'm not busy. What is wrong? "

"Listen, I don't want to worry you, but I think you should know."

Wooyoung frowned. "What is wrong? Is it about mom and dad...? "

"They are fine, Wooyoung. Don't worry. It's not about them, " said Tiffany quickly. Then, she paused, hesitated. "But I don't know how they will react if they heard the news. "

"What news?"

Tiffany sighed. "I heard Kim Dong-Min had just returned from London. Did you meet up with him in London? "

"Yes, I did."

"Did he say anything to you? About Young Bae, oppa? "

Wooyoung did not answer, even asked, "What does he have to say about, hyung? " Wooyoung's frown deepened and his face turned grim while he listened to his sister. A few minutes then, he said, "I know, Noona. Don't worry. I will take care of it. "

Wooyoung closes and returns his phone to his pocket slowly. The news that his sister told him did not make him surprised, but doesn't mean he expects it will happen. Wooyoung breathe in and exhaled loudly. He must return to Seoul. But before that, he had to call his manager. This problem should be immediately addressed before it gets worse.

Wooyoung had just stood up from the bench and was about to turn away when the angle of his eyes stared at a figure of a woman on the trail not far from the bench. Wooyoung turned. He was right. Running down a path at the edge of the pool was indeed Ji eun. It looks like the girl is daydreaming because she moves slowly and with her bowed head. And leads to the pool.

Oh, my.

In a few steps, Wooyoung has arrived alongside Ji eun and gripped her arm. "Do you want to plunge into the pool?"

Ji eun startled and looked up. Her eyes blinked once, then widened while her brain digests because of the person who is standing in front of her. "Wooyoung," she murmured softly and looked around in confusion.

After ensuring Ji eun stood at a distance from the pool, Wooyoung releases his grip and shoved his hands into his trouser pocket. After a long a few seconds, they just stood and forward without saying anything. Wooyoung finally spoke. "I did not expect to see you here. "

Ji eun nodded and cleared . "Me too. I heard you went to Dublin. "

"I just returned to London yesterday afternoon."

"Oh, I see." She looked at Wooyoung for a moment, then looked away nervously into the trees on the left and muttered, "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

Ji eun bit her lip for a moment and looked back at Wooyoung. "Because of what I said last time. I did not mean ... I just ... " Ji eun stop her chaotic words and took a deep breath to control herself. "That time... I was not thinking clearly. I am sorry. "

Wooyoung sighed and smiled slightly. "No need to apologize. "

Ji eun looked down for a moment. When she looked up again, Wooyoung was already sitting on one of the benches in the park near the pond. Ji eun approached the bench and sits next to Wooyoung. For a moment they just sit there without talking to each other. The only sound was the sound of rustling leaves the wind and the sound of distant traffic.

"I'm going back to Korea," said Wooyoung suddenly.

Surprised, Ji eun looked up and turned around staring at Wooyoung. "Why?"

Wooyoung smiled faintly, did not immediately answer. It is not possible to tell her the real reason without making her worry. "There was a bit of a family problem," he said after moments thought.

"Family problem?"

"Mmm," Wooyoung muttered, then took a deep breath in. "That's why I had to come home sooner than I had planned. "

Ji eun looked away and bit her lip. "When?" She asked

"Soon." Ji eun looked at him in surprise. She opened her lips to say something, but nothing escaped from . "I do not want to avoid you, Ji eun," Wooyoung said softly, as though Ji eun could read his mind. "I will not be able to avoid you though I want to. "

Ji eun looked at Wooyoung as she doesn't understand what he said. Wooyoung opened his mouth to explain, but something attacks his thoughts. Now is not the time to express his feelings. Ji eun would have backed off to hear everything he wanna say. It may even be withdrawn and avoid Wooyoung forever. If that happens, Wooyoung was not sure he could overcome.

But this time he really wanted to say what he felt, what is in his heart.

Wooyoung turned to Ji eun. "There is something I want to say to you for a long time ago, "he said. Then, he smiled. "Until now I can't say it because ... well, because of various reasons. And the main reason is because I'm afraid. "

Ji eun still does not understand, but she got herself holding her breath hearing Wooyoung who speaks in a voice low and slow.

"If I tell you, what reaction would you give me? Are you going to accept my confession? Are you going to believe me? Are you still going to look at me like this? Smiled at me like this? Or is it... you are going to get away from me? Leave me? "Wooyoung sighed as he looks at Ji eun. "But I knew I had to tell you. I'm not possible to keep it forever. Somehow react later once you hear it, I just hope one thing. " 

Wooyoung's eyes make Ji eun could not think. Something in the eyes of Wooyoung makes Ji eun's heart pound, making , and made her heart ache. "Don't leave me. Stay on my side. "

Ji eun could not take her eyes off Wooyoung's eyes. She still can not think. She still could not make a sound. She still could not hear anything other than Wooyoung's voice. A second later she realized she was still holding her breath waiting for Wooyoung's next words. "Wit ... will you wait for me?"

Ji eun is stunned. Wooyoung looks at her expectantly. His dark eyes look at her as if it is looking into her soul. It was the first time Ji eun understand what is meant by drowning in the eyes by someone. 

Wooyoung's gaze makes it difficult to breathe, as if the world is small around them, enveloping them. "I'm not going to demand a lot. I will not burden you. I'm just asking you to wait until I finish my problem. Until now it arrives, do not go anywhere. Stay with me, "asked Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung, I ..."

"By the time we meet again later, if your feelings have not changed, if you find it hard to trust me, if you do not want to see me again, do not want to deal with me anymore, you just need to say it and I'll obey anything you say.

Ji eun looked at Wooyoung for a moment, then looked down. When Wooyoung looked at her, Ji eun felt her heart weakened. And before she actually realized what she did, she nodded.

 

A/N: Chapter 19 is up! I honestly tried to update 2 days ago but something just came up and had to do something else. And finally, today! A new update! You guys won't probably like the idea Wooyoung going back to Seoul. Me either :( We'll see what's gonna happen in the next chapter :( Thank you for everyone's comments :)

Special mentions:

@deandew, I know I feel the same. But Wooyoung had to go...

@WooUthebest, they did talk unfortunately Wooyoung had to come home sooner than I thought.

@iumylife, I don't think this week's chapter is really sad. What do you think?

@wooucouple, it's sad what happened to Ji eun

@Mandaristone, this chapter made me cry everytime I read it especially with a sad song

@iu0431 Me too! I cried :(

@iubest, it really is sad. More sad chapters coming :(