Chapter 5

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

Beautiful:

Chapter 5


 

Wooyoung looked around the studio, but he couldn't find that stranger girl. Director Park asked the models to get ready as the filming will resume in a little bit. But the main model, Lee Ji eun, is not visible anywhere. Maybe she went to grab some lunch and have not returned yet. Wooyoung let out a breath and promised to himself to asked for her phone number next time, so he could contact her if there is anything happening like this again. 

"Noona, do you know where she is?" Wooyoung called and went to Yoon who was busy tidying costumes.

"Who's she?" Yoon asked without her turning around.

"That stranger girl, Lee Ji eun. Where is she?" Before Yoon could even reply, a sound of a voice was behind his back and said quietly, "I'm here."

Wooyoung spinning rapidly and immediately confronted with a pair of black eyes stared at him, nervously. Wooyoung wonders if Ji eun hear the words "stranger girl" earlier, but immediately realized that she doesn't understand Korean language. Ji eun just heard Wooyoung mentioned her name and realized that she was being sought.

"That's good that you are here now. You should get ready now." 

Ji eun bit her lips and nodded curtly. "Oh okay. I would..." She stopped when she suddenly felt the world shook. As frequent minor earthquakes that could be experienced in Tokyo. But this is London. Earthquakes are impossible here, right? 

When she got her balance back, Ji eun realize Wooyoung was holding her elbow and looked at her, furrowed. "What's wrong with you?" He asked.

Ji eun shook her head confusedly. "I'm okay. I'll get ready now." She said as she pulled out her arm from Wooyoung and step back.

"Have you eaten yet?" Wooyoung asked again. Ji eun didn't answer. After a moment of hesitation, she said, "Yes." 

Wooyoung didn't say anything. He only looks thoughtfully, then he nodded and smiled a little. "Alright. I'll call you when everything's ready." Ji eun looked at Wooyoung's back away, thoughtfully, then she turned to Yoon and smiled. "Which costume should I swear?"

A few minutes later, after changing clothes and walked back to her dressing table, Ji eun saw two pack of sandwiches and cucumber sandwich. And a piece of yellow paper tucked beneath it. 

I don't know if you are a vegetarian or not and I also don't know if you like turkey or not. But please do eat this before you collapsed in the middle of the shooting. We don't want that to happen, right? 

W.

Ji eun looked around until she sees Wooyoung across the room. He was sitting staring at something that indicated one of the crews and listening intently. Then, suddenly he looked up and their eyes met. Before Ji eun could even think on what to do, Wooyoung smiled a second to her then focus back on what the crew was telling him to do on his side.

Staring at the two pieces of sandwiches on her hand, Ji eun hesitated for a second then unwrapping the turkey sandwich and bite it. She closed her eyes for a moment. In fact, it wasn't the most delicious sandwich in the world, but then, for her rumbling stomach, that sandwich is one of the most delicious foods she ever had. 

Wooyoung found himself smiling at the stranger girl who was seriously biting on her sandwich, as if it will evaporate if she not immediately put them into . The first thought that came to his mind is Lee Ji eun is not vegetarian. Then, the second thought was his hunch was right. She almost fainted from hunger. He wanna know what she was doing during her lunch time break if she didn't go out to eat. 

He let himself staring in the direction of Ji eun for a moment, then said a silent prayer that she hadn't fainted in the middle of their filming. The schedule has been crazy enough without added with having the main model fainting. But in fact, he didn't have to worry at all. The rest of the filming that day went very smoothly. All the scenes that planned for the day were resolved quickly and satisfactorily. Then, things get more fun hen Director Park stopped the filming earlier than yesterday, and invited all the crew members to a dinner at a Korean restaurant, one block away from the studio.

The restaurant is located on the second floor, just above the gift shop, down the road that's not too crowded. That quiet little restaurant had become crowded because of their arrival and they occupy almost all the available space.

"I've never tried Korean food.My mother wasn't too fond of Korean cuisine, although my father is a Korean." Wooyoung turned around towards the sound and sees Ji eun talking to Yoon. 

"Not at all?" Yoon said, and then she translates what Ji eun said so that the another stylist who was sitting down with them could understand what they are talking about. 

Ji eun smiled and listened as the stylist began to explain the snacks served to them at the table in English that sometimes mixed with Korean. Soon they started laughing and talking about things that couldn't capture by Wooyoung from his seat. Director Park said something to Wooyoung and he raised his eyes from her. 

 

* * *

 

Ji eun was happy that night and of course tired as hell. Initially, she wanted to refuse when they invited her to go to the dinner because she was really tired. She just wanted to go home and sleep. But she couldn't say no to Director Park when he was the one who invited her. She doesn't know whether she would be considered rude if she refuses it. Plus, Yoon also argued to participate with them. Because she doesn't have some energies to argue, she agreed.

Given Yoon as the translator, she has to admit that she didn't regret having come to the dinner together with everyone. The food was good and they all are nice people. And she realized that she laughed a lot during the dinner because of some jokes that were brought up from the crew. It has been a long time she hadn't laughed like that. 

Although she was having fun, drowsiness keep attacking her. Of course, it's not strange because this week she couldn't sleep properly. She didn't know how many times she yawned quietly during her meals. And now she yawned again. 

"By the way, what do you think of Wooyoung?" She quickly closed and turned to stare at Yoon. 

"Hmm?"

"What do you think about Wooyoung? He's good, right?" Yoon asked again. She turned to the table that Wooyoung had occupied, but she didn't see him there. She bit her lips. Actually, she didn't think about Wooyoung for two days, and she thought it was something good. Then, why Yoon is so sudden in need to talk about him? If she only has a choice, she really doesn't want to talk about Wooyoung. Don't even want to think about him. But one thing she knows for sure is that if Yoon wanna know about something, no one can stop her.

Realizing that Yoon is still staring at her and is clearly hoping she would say something back, she forced a smile and mumbled, "You know him so well."

Yoon's smile widened. "Of course. I even know his sister who is also one of the most famous models in Korea. While his older brother... well, I had met him only once, before he died."

Ji eun sipped her drink slowly. Yoon leaned towards her and murmured softly, "a car accident. Three years ago. He was drunk driving. A broken hip bone and he was in a coma for two months before they decided to pull out his life support. What a pity, isn't?" Yoon looks grim.

Ji eun sighed softly. Pity? Actually, no. She doesn't feel sorry for people like him. Life is full of choices. And if that person chose to be irresponsible by driving drunk, then he must accept the consequences. But she didn't say anything to Yoon, she just took another sip of her drink with gloomy. He head began to feel dizzy. She felt as if she's dreaming. She needed fresh air. No, no... she must go home. She doesn't want to faint from exhaustion in the middle of the road.

After saying goodbye to Director Park, Yoon, and to the staff members, she gathers all her things and walked towards the stairs. Oh, she was very tired, she felt she could sleep while standing up. She patted her own cheek for a little self-awareness. Cold air must be refreshed. Now, what she had to do is to go down the narrow wooden stairs in the restaurant. Down the narrow stairs in high-heeled boots and in a state of semi-conscious is not an easy thing at all. Ji eun took all her remaining concentrations. She doesn't want...

"Where are you going?" The sound makes Ji eun startled and off balance. Before she even realizes what's happening, her right leg slipped from her footing and stumbled forward. Ji eun closed her eyes, preparing for the worst. She felt something hit her, but she didn't fall rolled around on the stairs, not sprawling hard on the floor, didn't feel pain. 

Ji eun opened her eyes and looked up. Her eyes widened when she realized that she was surprised to have landed in Wooyoung's arms.

Oh dear...

 

* * *

 

The black-wided eyes stared at him. Wooyoung momentarily forgetting his left leg was throbbing in pain. Oh yeah, he could see a wide range of expression that passes in that eyes. Shocked, confused, and... scared?

Wooyoung cleared his throat and muttered, "Are you okay?" He didn't let go of Ji eun. She would have immediately collapsed if Wooyoung releases her because of their position. Ji eun didn't say anything. Not even moving a muscle. Her body was so stiff in Wooyoung's arms and he even thought she was turned into a wooden puppet.

"If you are okay, maybe you could lift your right leg a little," Wooyoung said.

Ji eun's eyes blinked once, then she looked down at her right leg. Wooyoung follows her gaze and looked at both of Ji eun's high-heeled boots stuck in his left leg. Ji eun gasped and hurriedly get away from Wooyoung. 

But because of her quick pace, she staggered backward. Wooyoung quickly reached out and held Ji eun's elbow. He sighed and said, "Take your time." Wooyoung said. As he expected, Ji eun quickly pulled her arm away from him.

Ji eun just stared at him without blinking a moment. "I'm.. I'm sorry," She muttered softly. Pausing for a moment, then, "Your leg..."

Wooyoung smiled and wiggled his left leg. "I won't limp." He said lightly. Ji eun nodded but didn't say anything.

Wooyoung observes Ji eun as she stands in front of him. Is it just him or whether she did look nervous?

"So, where are you going?" Wooyoung asked again.

 Ji eun cleared softly. "I wanna go home now." She smiled. Really short, Wooyoung is not sure if Ji eun have to smile that way. "See you tomorrow."

Without waiting for an answer, she quickly passed Wooyoung down the stairs with her head down. Wooyoung furrowed faintly, then a second later he turned around and said, "I'll accompany you to the station."

Ji eun stop at the bottom stairs, turned slowly and looked up at Wooyoung, "What?"

"I'll come with you to the station," Wooyoung repeated his words while making his way downstairs.

"I don't need companionship."

Wooyoung sighed to himself. Gosh, this girl is really hard. He stood before Ji eun and smiled. "Alright. I'm in need of a friend. I'm bored. And I need someone to talk to. I think a little walk would be good. Isn't that so?"

Having said this, Wooyoung walks passing Ji eun who still looked at him confused with furrowed on her face.

After walking a few steps, Wooyoung turned around and sees Ji eun still standing in her place. "I'm not trying to seduce you, you know. I mean, if that is your concern. I told you before, you are not my type. But it doesn't mean we can't be friends, right?" He said with a smile.

Her brow was furrowed and she's still looking tentatively at Wooyoung. Wooyoung cocked his head slightly. "Are you afraid of me?"

Ji eun didn't answer his question, and it makes Wooyoung wonder. He was only joking and thought Ji eun would range emphatically. But she just stood there silently. Is she really afraid of me? Why? Before Wooyoung could think further, he saw Ji eun closed her eyes, then took a long sighed as if she's about to surrender, and began running after Wooyoung. Wooyoung's smile expanded. It's not a big win, but it's a progress. "So, Ji eun. Are you feeling better?" Wooyoung starts a conversation while they walk down the sidewalk.

Ji eun glance at him. "What do you mean?"

Wooyoung shrugged. "This afternoon you almost fainted in front of me because you were hungry. Now you almost fainted on the stairs because... well, I don't know why, but certainly not because of hunger. I saw the last portion of your food and it was well enough for you."

Ji eun stopped. She turned around to Wooyoung and opened to reply, then closed it again. After thinking for a moment, she opened and said, "First, this afternoon I didn't faint. Even though I am... though didn't have time to eat. But that has nothing to do wit you! I got a little big dizzy and... and it rarely happens," Ji eun exclaimed fiercely. "Second, I had just slipped on the stairs, -once again, instead of faiting!-, because you suddenly appeared out of nowhere and surprised me. Third, what do you mean by a large portion of my eating? Is it wrong if I eat a lot? I don't have time to eat this afternoon. A model is supposed to be skinny, but a model isn't supposed to die of starvation. Tell me, am I wrong?" Ji eun took a deep breath at the end of her explanation and Wooyoung smiled.

"My turn?" He said. Because Ji eun was  silent and looked at him with narrowed eyes, Wooyoung continued, "Okay, first, this afternoon you almost faint -wait, don't interrupt me- and if I didn't hold you, you would have fallen to the floor like a fallen tree. Second, I did not suddenly appear out of nowhere. I was looking at the gift shop at the restaurant then, I saw you. Third, I said your portion of food is healthy, not large. Healthy. And no, it's fine if you eat a lot." Ji eun looked annoyed for a moment with furrowed.

"Well, thank you." She said in sarcasm, turning forward and makes some steps.

"Now, tell me about yourself," Wooyoung said as he followed her steps.

Ji eun briefly glance at him and ask. "Why?" 

Ah, that suspicious tone again, Wooyoung thought.

"Because that's what friends do, right?" Wooyoung countered with a plain tone. "Mutually know, I mean."

Ji eun didn't answer. Wooyoung also realized she didn't dispute the 'friend' word. So, it looks like a good thing.

"How long have you lived in London?" Wooyoung asked when it seems Ji eun not intend to say anything. Ji eun's didn't say anything.

Then, "Almost three years." Wooyoung smiled a little.

"You liked settled down here?" Ji eun just shrugged slightly. "This is the third time I came to London. I love this city, although in two of my earlier visits I didn't have time to get around because my work schedule is too tight. But now that I'm going to stay a little longer here, I think I can find time to get around the city."

Ji eun still down at the road, didn't make a comment.

"Why don't you join me?"

This time Ji eun's head spin around toward him. And the restless black eyes were staring at Wooyoung a second blinked, "What?"

Wooyoung shrugged lightly. "I thought maybe you could join me to get around the city after we fild the last scene. I have no other friends here, except our Director, of course, but I think he might prefer to spend his time with his wife and children rather than with me."

"Oh, I guess not." Ji eun mumbled quickly -perhaps too quickly- as she went down the stairs to the subway station.

Wooyoung hurriedly catches up with her. "Why not?"

"Because I don't have time." It doesn't sound convincing. Wooyoung got more curious. Looks like Ji eun doesn't like me. But why? I never thought of myself as being irritating. I am friendly to everyone. And I certainly always be friendly to Ji eun. Then, why do I feel like as if Ji eun doesn't like me? Did I do something to offend her? Apparently not. Ji eun looked up at the market board of the coming train. 

Then, "The train will come shortly, so if you want to go now..."

"Why do you hate me?"

 

* * *

 

Ji eun hold her breath for a moment. Then, she slowly exhaled and turned around to Wooyoung. She could see the confusion on his face.

"Why do you hate me?" Wooyoung asked again. 

Ji eun take another breath, then said softly, "I don't hate you." 

That is true. She doesn't hate Wooyoung. Ji eun just met him two days ago and probably she doesn't know him that well, but she knows that he is not an easy person to be hated. In fact, -if Ji eun wanna be honest to herself- it's easy to fall in love with someone like Wooyoung.

"Then, you just don't like me?" Wooyoung asked again. 

Ji eun bit her lips, thinking, "I guess I haven't known you long enough to be able to give you any judgment." She finally said.

And he lifted his eyebrows and smiled slightly. "You don't hate me, but it's not like you don't like me either." He sighed for a moment then asked, "Are you afraid of me?"

It's the second time Wooyoung asked that question. Yes, Ji eun didn't answer it when he asked it for the first time. At that time she doesn't know how to answer his question. Just like now.

"Ji eun?"

She looked at Wooyoung who was waiting for her answer. Ji eun then countered, "Do I have a reason to be afraid of you?"

Wooyoung paused. His head tilted to one side. A little smile tugged at his lips. Ji eun feels as though he knows what she was thinking. And it makes her nervous.

"No, you absolutely have no reason to be afraid of me." Wooyoung murmured.

That one sentence was immediately made Ji eun's chest feels lighter. For some reason. Perhaps without realizing it Ji eun is expecting a confirmation. Then, before one of them could say something, a long shrill sound of the rain will soon arrive mark heard, in one after another train rumble in tunnel.

"Your train," Wooyoung said.

While the train stopped in front of them and while waiting for the passengers to get off the train, Ji eun thinks for a moment, biting her lips. Finally, she turned to Wooyoung and said, "Thanks."

Wooyoung stared back at her with raised eyebrows. "Hmm?"

"Thank you. For everything, I guess." Ji eun shrugged awkwardly. "Because you bought a sandwich for me this afternoon. For helping me on the stairs earlier. And thank you for your accompany here."

"Hey, that's what friends are for, right?" Wooyoung reply. Ji eun smile, hesitantly, then stepped into the train. From behind a window of the train, she saw Wooyoung waving a hand towards her. And he didn't move until the train was already moving out of the station.

Ji eun sat back and sighed deeply. Wooyoung last words are still ringing in her ears. Hey that's what friends are for, right?

Do I just get along with him? Ji eun rubbed her temples, and chin in hand. Staring out the train window, staring at the walls of the tunnel of darkness. 

Men's always makes Ji eun feel uneasy and nervous. She never felt comfortable around men. Never. Well, not exactly "never." Of course, she wasn't born to be afraid of men. It's just that these last few years, since the incident... the incident, she never could see a man in the same way again. Chansung is the only man whom she considered as a friend. And the only man who didn't make her feel uneasy. And now, there's Jang Wooyoung. Over the past two days, Ji eun is already trying to distance herself away from him, as she doesn't want to deal with him. But tonight Wooyoung shows that he is different from Ji eun's first estimate. He looks... well.

Maybe Wooyoung is different.

But would I really can be friends with someone who can raise my worst dream?

 
A/N: Chapter 5 is up! What do you guys think? I have to tell this, I never get tired of reading this everyday and imaging WooU couple to act this out in a drama. This is gonna be a hit drama or a movie. WOO! ^^ Anyway, here's a quite long update. Enjoy! Let me know what you guys think about this chapter ^^ Feel free to comment :)
 
Special mentions:
 
@iuismylife, yes, I've heard about it. I thought the same thing. That maybe they could have a reunion. I can't believe that all of them are so famous. WOW! Because of Dream High they rose to fame <3
 
@Hanminse, you are very welcome. Let me know what you think about this chapter :)
 
@wooyoug_jwy, thanks for the comment ^^ and welcome ^^