Chapter 21

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

 

Image result for wooyoung photoshoot

Chapter 21


Seoul, South Korea


Wooyoung is sitting alone at the bar and observe the golden liquid subscription in a bucket while daydreaming. The last two weeks have really drains his energy and mind. Preoccupied with day-to-day meetings with the manager to discuss the effect of this scandal to his reputation, facing journalists who demanded affirmation, soothe family the scrambling and his mother had fallen ill when she heard rumors that her deceased son committed a crime, as well as track the whereabouts of Kim Dong-Min, who apparently is hiding from reporters.

It took a few days before Wooyoung managed to find Kim Dong Min. Wooyoung still remembers how Kim Dong-Min's face paled when Wooyoung saw him. It turns out the coward did not intend to disseminate the problem of his deceased brother with Ji eun. It's just that time he was drinking along with some of his friends -one of them is a journalist about celebrities- in a drunken state he brings up what ever performed by Wooyoung's brother. But he never mentioned the name of Ji eun and vowed never to do so. However, he realized he is an accomplice in this matter and can be dragged to jail. He has even plans to move to Canada, where his parents lived, in order to avoid the disaster.

Wooyoung sniffed and sipped his drink. "At least he still has a brain, "he muttered to himself.

Although Kim Dong-Min had promised to shut his lips tightly, Wooyoung still thinking about how to dampen the rumors that had already spread and how he could escape from the journalists who continues to chase after him. Over the week Wooyoung barely sleeps thinking of what to to do next. Suddenly today, something happens completely not expecting. Someone who could help Wooyoung to dampen the scandal, or even complicate the problems that already exist.

A woman who claimed to be a former lover brother of Wooyoung's brother somehow felt that she was involved in the scandal. This morning she held a press conference to provide a statement that the scandal was not true and that the relationship with his brother with the girl that was involved was not based on coercion.

Wooyoung really doesn't know why he feels she who rumored as a victim. Maybe she was really never had a relationship with his brother and she really misunderstood because she thought that she was the one involved in this gossip. Or maybe she was just looking just for the sake of popularity boost of her career as an actress. Or maybe she wants to make a profit from the family through this problem.

"Hey, friend. Is it been a long wait? "

Junho's voice interrupted his reverie. He turned and smiled at his friend. "Not too long ago," he said. "Besides, I know a famous singer like you certainly do not have time to spare time before midnight. "

"You yourself are also very busy even before you went to London and today you contacted me. " Junho sits beside Wooyoung and ordered drinks to the bartender who approached him. Then, he turned back to Wooyoung. "How are you? I've heard about what happened. Absolutely shocking, isn't it? "

"Mmm. It is surprising, "added Wooyoung in honesty.

"Do you know the girl?" Asked Junho.

Wooyoung shook his head. "But I'm going to ask my lawyer to see her, to ensure that woman is not seeking for anything on this situation. "

Junho nodded. "How is your mother now?"

Wooyoung sighed. "Still the same. But I think the situation will improve after she hears that her beloved son was not a criminal as what rumors say. "

When the phone rang Wooyoung. "Who else this time of the night?" He murmured in himself and put the phone to his ear. "Hello?"

"Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung's eyebrows rose in surprise when he heard the sound of Ji eun on the other end. "Ji eun? What's wrong? Is there any problem? "

Junho looked surprised to hear Wooyoung speaking a different language.

"No everything is fine," said Ji eun quickly. "Just curious how you doing over there." 

"He smiled. "I am fine."

Ji eun hesitated, then said, "Wooyoung, I know what's going on there and I understand why you do not want to tell me, but ... "

"You know about it?" Wooyoung interrupted somewhat surprised.

"Yes, I know."

Wooyoung took a deep breath in. "Ji eun, I'm fine. Really. I can handle it. Do not you worry. "

"Then, what is the situation now?" Asked Ji eun.

Wooyoung tells her the shocking incident this morning.

"Really?" Ji eun tone was flat, emotionless.

"Yes. But you don't have to worry. I already take care of everything by myself."

"I hope so." Ji eun paused, then said quietly, "Before I hang up the phone, I have something to say to you. At first, I did not want to say anything, but after a second thought, I'd better say it directly to you. "

Wooyoung immediately turned wary. "What's wrong?"

"I ..." Ji eun sighed, "I've decided to go back to Japan. "

Wooyoung furrowed brow in surprise. "What? Why? "

"I ... I need time to think and resolve my problem myself. "

"What problem?"

"My past. I know I keep running away from my past. I think it's time for me to deal with it. "

Wooyoung still does not understand. "And ...?"

"That's why I called. While I rearranged my life, I really can not think of anything else. I had to confront myself before I could face the others. "Ji eun paused. "Including you."

"What?"

"Therefore, I think it's good if we do not have in touch ... for a while."

Wooyoung's brain went blank for a moment, and he was almost certain that his heart stopped pounding. Ji eun will leave. Oh God, Ji eun will leave. He feels his body paralyzed. "For a while?" Wooyoung repeated tone flat then swallowed. "How long?"

"I don't know," said Ji eun quickly. "I just think we both need time to think. So that we really are sure about what we want. " He drew a deep breath, trying to calm the panic that suddenly attacked him. "You mean you are not confident with your feelings," he said slowly. "Is it difficult for you to believe me?"

"Have you forgotten your original reason for coming to the UK?" Ji eun replied Wooyoung's question without answering his. "You come to the London to work
with Jing Young Park. Because you aspire to be a famous director. "

"What is the connection ...?"

"Be a famous director."

"What?"

"Be a famous director," repeated Ji eun. "After that, if it is still there is a chance, we can meet again. "

Wooyoung was silent. Once again he sighed and looked down. He does not want to wait. He didn't want Ji eun  to leave his side. A part of him that reluctant to understand that Ji eun needs to take time. To restore her confidence. Also to believe in Wooyoung. This is a very difficult decision, but ... "All right," Wooyoung said finally, "I can wait."

Ji eun did not say anything.

"If you take the time to trust me, I can wait. "Still no sound on the other end, but Wooyoungsure Ji eun hears it. I'm going to be a famous director like you said. And, Ji eun, when we meet soon-and we will surely meet again, whether you're ready or not-you have to give your answer, "said Wooyoung.

There was a pause, then he heard Ji eun muttered, "Thank you."

Junho glance when Wooyoung closed the phone and spend the rest of the drink in one gulp. "Who's Ji eun?" Asks Junho tone is plain.

Wooyoung let out a heavy sigh and pushed away his glass that is already empty. "She really drives me crazy," he grumbled.

Junho chuckled softly. "Aren't all women do so?" He said. "Besides, if she does make you crazy, why don't you just let her go?"

Wooyoung did not answer immediately. He was thoughtful for a moment, then smiled grimly and shook his head. "I also hope to be that easy," he muttered.

Junho looked at him as he did not understand what his friend is telling him.

"The problem is I can not let go," said Wooyoung. Then he gave a short laugh and said, "Really stupid, right?"

Junho just smiled a little and took a sip. "Aren't we all become stupid because of women."

 

 

* * * *

 

 

Ji eun closes the phone with slow motion. Suddenly she felt sad even though she kept saying to herself that she had done the right thing. However, she is doing all this for the sake of her and Wooyoung. As said earlier, she needs time to think. About the time of her past and future. Also on Wooyoung. Currently, Ji eun really couldn't stand in front of Wooyoung and looked into his eyes without feeling embarrassed. She feels disgusted.

As for Wooyoung... Ji eun is sure that Wooyoungwill also needs time to think. Wooyoung might say that his feelings have not changed even after he knew
about the past of Ji eun, but Ji eun was not sure if Wooyoung will still feel like that after a sufficient time to really think things through. Ji eun wants to give more opportunity for Wooyoung to withdraw before he regrets it.

A tear fell down her cheeks and Ji eun removes them quickly. Why is she crying? Why suddenly her heart ache? Ji eun sighed deeply and exhale slowly.

The answer to all of her questions are simple.

Because she, Ji eun Lee, foolishly handed over her heart and soul to Wooyoung Jang.

 

A/N: Finally! After 100 yrs, I updated this chapter. Heartbreaking. I know. There are only a couple chapters left guys. I will try my best to update. I am so sorry. I've become so busy lately and had no time to use my computer. Anyway, thank and thank and thank you again. It's a short update.