Chapter 12

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

Image result for wooyoung bts

Chapter 12


 

"You're going to Lake District? Today?" Asked Ji eun on the phone with her eyebrows lifted. She was drinking tea with Ji yeon at the cafe in Holland Park when Wooyoung called her and said that he would go to the Lake District, New Country.

"Yes," said Wooyoung on the other end. "We are working on a new music video and the filming will be done there. I heard the place is very beautiful."

"I heard that too," murmured Ji eun while ago. "But, Wooyoung, are you sure you're healthy enough to travel far away?"

Wooyoung laughed. "I've recovered. Really. Hyung also won't let me go if I'm still sick."

"When are you going back?"

"I have no idea. I'm not sure. I think only two or three days. "

"Two or three days?"

"Why? Surely you can survive a few days without me, right?" Quipped Wooyoung.

Ji eun snorted. "I've last a lifetime without you, so I am sure I'll be fine."

At that time Ji yeon leaned toward Ji eun and whispered, "Is he coming to my show?"

Ji eun forward the question to Wooyoung. "Tell her I will come," said Wooyoung.

"He will come," Ji eun said to Ji yeon, and then back her attention to Wooyoung, "All right, then. Take care."

"You too. I'll call you later."

"There are jobs in the North Country?" Ji yeon asked, putting the scones to when Ji eun hang the phone. "He will be away for a few days," Ji eun said quietly, then turned to look out the window. As usual, the London skies looks bleak although the whole solar rays is trying to peek from between the clouds.

"Oh, dear," said Ji yeon suddenly. A broad smile on his face and glittering green eyes that has full of meaning.

Ji eun looked at her with raised eyebrows. "What?"

"You sigh, Ji eun," said Ji yeon.

"Sigh?" Repeated Ji eun as she blinked in surprise. She didn't sigh. "I didn't."

Ji yeon smiles. "You've certainly sigh before and I know that type of sigh." Ji yeon leaned forward and sustain both her elbows on the table. Her eyes stared straightly to Ji eun's eyes. "Is it possible that you miss him."

"What?"

Ji yeon laughed. "Oh, let's face it, Ji eun. You love him."

"I ..." Ji eun paused, and then exhaled. "Should we talk about something else."

Ji yeon shrugged. "Why? Wooyoung is very handsome, kind, polite, and fun. And I'm sure he likes you too. So what if ... "

"Taeyeon loves him," interrupted Ji eun.

"I know," said Ji yeon, making Ji eun wonder. "But so what? Wooyoung doesn't like her, doesn't he?"

Ji eun shrugged. "I've already promised to help her."

"Help who? Taeyeon?"

Ji eun nodded.

"Are you serious?! You will help her to approached Wooyoung?"

Ji eun didn't answer.

Ji yeon took a deep breath in and exhale slowly.

"You know, Ji eun, sometimes you can be so stupid."

Ji eun didn't make a comment. She just looked down and shuffles her tea.

"Speaking of Taeyeon," muttered Ji yeon suddenly.

Ji ehn looked up and saw where Ji yeon is looking, towards the door of the restaurant. Ji eun follow the direction of Ji yeon's view and her eyes immediately catch
Taeyeon's figure who is walking to their table, smiling brightly.The last time Ji
eun met with Taeyeon was four days ago, when they return from the apartment of Wooyoung.

"Hello," says Taeyeon cheerful when she is standing next to the table of Ji eun and Ji yeon. "I was passing by and saw you outside the restaurant, so I decided to join with you guys. You don't mind, don't you?"

"No, no. Please be seated," said Ji yeon while transitioning to another chair to give place to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon took off her jacket while ordering a cup of tea to the waitress. After the waiter left, Taeyeon looked at Ji eun and Ji yeon alternately. "So what are you guys talking about?"

Ji eun give Ji yeon a glance, then looked at Taeyeon and said, "Just about Ji yeon's show next week. She wanted to make sure we all come. You too will surely come, aren't you?"

For a moment they talked about various things while drinking their tea and eating scones and cakes to fill their small conversation. Then, suddenly Taeyeon said, "By the way, should we call Wooyoung and Chansung to join us to have tea?"

"Chansung can't leave the restaurant," said Ji yeon. "While Wooyoung is going out of town."

Taeyeon's eyebrows lifted and she turned to Ji eun. "Out of town? Where?"

Ji eun impose a faint smile. "Lake District," she muttered. "He's going to work there."

"Lake District," muttered Taeyeon, in brooding tone. A moment later she stared at Ji eun and Ji yeon alternately. "Anybody want scones messages? Scones here are really good."

 

 

* * *

 


Three days later,

Ji eun opened the door of her flat, familiar scent directly invade her nose. An aroma cuisine. She suddenly smiles. Chansung is already in the house. And by judging from the smell, he must have been cooking something delicious for them.

"Ji eun, is that you?" Exclaimed Chansung from the kitchen.

"Yes, it's me," Ji eun shouted while hanging her jackets and taking off her shoe. Then, she walked into the kitchen. "The aroma is very good."

Chansung is poking around something in the pot while Ji yeon sits at the table eating and chopping greens awkwardly. Ji eun smiled at Ji yeon.

"I hope you have not had dinner, dear," said Chansung, tasting the sauce he made. "Oh ... Oh God, I'm really the best. The sauce is truly tasty. I could fall in love with myself."

"I have not had dinner and I'm starving, " said Ji eun. She went to Chansung and peek into the pot. "What are we going to eat tonight?"

"Pasta," said Chansung. "Oh yeah, why don't you invite Wooyoung to eat dinner with us? I hope he's not allergic to lobster."

Ji eun shook her head. "He hasn't been back to London."

"Why? Didn't he say only two or three days?"Asked Ji yeon.

"Last night he called me and there seems to be a bit of a technical problem in there. So they are forced to stay longer than what they planned."

Suddenly, Chansung stopped stirring the pot and turned to Ji eun. "He's in Lake District, isn't he?"

Ji eun nodded. "Yes, why?"

"I heard that the scenery there is beautiful," said Chansung as he flashes smiles of admiration.

"And then?"

"I heard it's also very romantic place. A place that makes people fall in love easily." Chansung snapped his fingers.

"Oh, Chansung. Can you just tell her what you want to say, "said Ji yeon in irritation.

Chansung looks at Ji eun with a serious expression. "Aren't you not afraid he would fall in love with another woman over there?" he asked Ji eun. "Just imagine, he was in the one of the most beautiful places in the world, surrounded by the peace of the mountains, the desert green grass, blue lakes, fresh air, small villages that are beautiful. Maybe. You
don't know. But trust me when I say that the atmosphere is like that make us fall in love easily. Very easy. What if Wooyoung met with one of the pretty girls and innocent villagers there, and then fascinated and ... and didn't want to go back to London again?"

Ji eun squinted at Chansung, a little smile tugging at the corner of her lips. "You know what's your problem? You've been watching too many old movies," she says.

Chansung chuckled. "At least that's what happened in the movie," said Chansung. He turned to Ji yeon who stills chopping vegetables with her clumsiness.

"My dear, if you cut off like that, the new salad can't be served tomorrow morning."

"I'm more concerned about my safety. I don't want my break, "said Ji yeon, still cutting vegetables very carefully.

"All right," Ji eun said as she went to her room. "I'm going to take a shower. Then, the I'll help you. "

 

* * *

 

"He hasn't called you yet?" Asked Chansung after they finished eating dinner and sat to have a chat at the dinner table.

Ji eun looked away from the small clock on top of the refrigerator and looked at Chansung. "What?"

"Come on, Ji eun," said Ji yeon, smiling. "Since earlier you keep glancing on the wallclock."

"And if you not glanced at the clock, you look at your phone," Chansung added.

"Obviously you're waiting for your phone to ring." said Ji yeon.

"Precisely, a phone call from Wooyoung," said Chansung.

Ji eun doesn't know what she could say to the face of attacks of these two. But she didn't want to argue. She's been waiting for a call from Wooyoung. Usually he would call or send her short messages every day-every day-just to preach the situation or ask about Ji eun. But the last two days, he hasn't been
contact Ji ehn and it makes her wonder. What is he doing there?

Suddenly, Ji eun stunned and confused, she furrowed her brow. Why is she like this?

It's really weird. For several days she didn't see Wooyoung and she began to feel homesick. Homesick? Well, although Ji eun didn't want to admit it, that's the appropriate word to describe what she feels now. She wants to meet Wooyoung, wants to hear his voice, wanted to talk to him, want to ... Oh,
dear, I've been mad, thought Ji
ehn, shaking her head slowly.

"You're not crazy," said Chansung. "What you feel is natural."

Ji eun looked up in surprise. Did she say what she was thinking about? It seems so.

"Why don't you call him?" Ji yeon suggested and started cleaning the table. "He's not out of the country. Just call him now."

Ji eun bit her lip, considering the proposal for a moment, then she smiled.

"All right then." She grabbed the phone and dialed Wooyoung's number. The tone continued to beep and sounded four times before the phone was answered on the other end and ...

"Hello?"

Ji eun blinked and her eyes widened. A female voice? What is this ...?

"Hello?" The voice said again. Then, "Ji eun?"

Unconsciously, Ji eh she hold her phone tightly and her heart as if pausing when she recognized the voice. "Taeyeon?" She asked in surprised.

Chansung and Ji yeon who was clearing the table and they stop their movement and stared at Ji eun with their raised eyebrows in surprised. But their shock is nothing compared to Ji eun. Taeyeon? Taeyeon answered Wooyoung's phone? What is this? What is going on?

"It's just you, Ji eun," said Taeyeon. Her voice was light and cheerful as always. "Wooyoung go to the restroom and left his phone on the table."

Ji eun felt her head was about to explode because of the questions that milling on her head.

"But, Miho, how did you get ... I mean, what are you doing there?" She asked, trying to control her voice.

"Oh, you didn't know I was in the Lake District?" Taeyeon countered. "Didn't I told you I wanted to write an article about the Lake District? I'm sure I've told you."

Ji eun remember what Taeyeon's talking about, but she didn't know that Taeyeon would directly go there. And met with Wooyoung. And answer Wooyoung's phone!

"So I came here and I happened to meet with Wooyoung and his entourage in Keswick. Truly amazing coincidence, isn't?" Taeyeon goes on to explain. "And because they are not busy tonight, I invite Wooyoung and his entourage had dinner together. Oh, Ji eun, they are really fun group. And Wooyoung is really friendly. He makes me laugh every time he makes a joke."

Ji eun must refrain from disconnecting immediately.

"Oh, I see? It is nice," she murmured stiffly.

"Oh, oh, I have something to tell you," said Taeyeon again. Her voice sound enthusiastic. Ji eun wasn't sure if she wanted to hear what she wanted to tell her.

"He would take me to a place after dinner," whispered Taeyeon happily. "I think he is starting to like me."

And Ji eun felt her heart fell to the kitchen floor flat.

"I'll tell you everything when I get back."

Don't. Never. Ji eun took a deep breath. "Alright then. I will not interfere with your evening meal. Have fun and I hope you finish your piece successfully."

"Article?" Asked Taeyeon confusedly. "Oh, that article! Yes, yes, of course. Thank you Ji eun."

Ji eun couldn't hold back and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, Ji eun, do you have any message for Wooyoung? I'll tell him," Taeyeon added.

"No," said Ji eun quickly. Her voice sounded rather sharply, so she pulled a deep breath again and said more calmly. "No, thank you, Taeyeon. No need. Nothing important."

Ji ehn close the phone and looked at Chansung and Ji yeon who was looking at with doubt. "That was Taeyeon," she said briefly.

Chansung and Ji yeon looked at each other for a moment. "Yes, we've heard it."

"He was having dinner with Wooyoung," said Ji eun again. Her chest felt somewhat heavy. "Well, not alone with Wooyoung. With his colleagues also exist right there." Chansung and Ji yeon nodded.

"She said Wooyoung go to the restroom and left his cell phone on the table. She also said that she was writing an article about the Lake District and happened to meet with Wooyoung in Keswick." Again Ji eun took a deep breath, then muttered, " and said Wooyoung would take her to a place after they eat tonight."

Chansung and Ji yeon are still silent. Then, Chansung said uncertainly, "You know, it might doesn't mean anything. I suggest you don't think much about it."

Ji eun looked up and stared at Chansung. "I'm not okay," she said fast. "I am fine."

Then, she turned around and went in to her room, throwing the phone to her bed and stood in the middle of the room with her hands folded in front of her chest.

Wooyoung will take me to a place after dinner.

I think he is starting to like me.

Ji eun's eye sore. She also suddenly feel claustrophobic. She opened the window widely and breathed deeply.

Why suddenly, her breathing makes her chest hurt?


* * *


Taeyeon looks down at Wooyoung's phone in her hand when Wooyoung's voice startled her. "There's a call?"

Taeyeon looked up and gave him a bright smile. "Ji eun," she said. "Sorry, I'm answering your call. But I told her you've gone to the restroom."

Wooyoung sat down and get his phone from Taeyeon, politely. Ji eun call her? Is there a problem? He didn't have time to call her during the past two days, but that's because Jin Young Park makes everyone busy all day and when Wooyoung finally got time to spare, suddenly Taeyeon appeared and invited them all to dinner.

"Sorry, I was out for a while," said Wooyoung to Taeyeon. Then, he came out of the restaurant and stood at the edge of the sloping road. He dialed Ji eun's number
and put the phone to his ear. A beep heard once, twice, three times, four times, five times ...

Ji eun didn't answer the phone. Where is she? Why is she not answering her phone?


* * *


Jieun looked at here phone ringing on the bed, but didn't make a move to answer it. She remained standing in front of a window with both hands in front of her chest. She knew it was a call from Wooyoung, she had seen the name that appears on the screen, but she no longer wanted to talk to him.

Not after talking with Taeyeon earlier.

She sure Taeyeon decided to go to the Lake District after ahe knew Wooyoung was there. She also believes Taeyeon not coincidentally met Wooyoung in Keswick. Taeyeon certainly know Wooyoung's entourage staying in Keswick. It must be so. And now they both in the same place by which means Chansung said that is one of the most beautiful places in world, peace surrounded by mountains, green meadows, lake blue, the air fresh, small villages are beautiful.

A place that makes people fall in love easily, so said Chansung earlier. Ji eun squinting. But instead of a beautiful village girl and innocent, Wooyoung met with Taeyeon Kim.

Taeyeon Kim who is beautiful, smart, attractive, well-spoken, and always in the midst of many people. Taeyeon Kim is the opposite of Ji eun Lee. Taeyeon Kim, which certainly could have easily made Wooyoung fell in love.

 

A/N: Chapter 12 is finally here! I'm so excited to hear what you guys think about this week's chapter. I have a feeling that most of you are annoyed by Taeyeon, hahaha. Let me know in the comment box! ^^ Also, thank you so much for being so patient. I love you guys! You guys are the best! ^^

Special mentions:


@deandew, You are very welcome. I love this story as much as much as you guys ^^ And I will do more soon :D 

@iuismylife, hmmm let me know what you mean by you know something about WooU that nobody else does. ^^

@iumylife, you are very welcome! Thank you for always being patient. And yes I will try my best to finish the story :) 

@Mandaristone, you will curious even more probably in the next two chapters. I can't wait to update it hehehe. 

@WooUthebest, you will find out more what's keeping these two apart. Oops, I think I just revealed a secret hahaha. Thank you! 

@wooyoung_jwy, here's an update you've been waiting for, hehehe thank you 

@sinikka7, it really does I feel you girl hahaha. By the way, welcome to my revamp story ^^