Chapter 13

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

 

 Image result for ullswater lake

Chapter 13


 

When it was lunch time and Chansung was busy as usual in the kitchen of the restaurant at his workplace. As a head chef, Chansung's duty is to make sure everything in the restaurant is running smoothly and all the food that comes out of the kitchen is perfect.

Chansung Hwang, who works hard, works very differently outside his workplace. When he was working, Chansung is very serious and firm with all his men, as if he is the commander in a field war. While Chansung is known as a very funny person by his friends, and very relaxing.

"Meat sheep how much longer?" Exclaimed Chansung to one of his co-worker peering into the oven.

"Three minutes, Chef," replied the men in a loud voice.

Chansung turned to the other side and cried again, "What about his risotto?"

"Here it is, Chef." And a plate of risotto is placed in front of Chansung to be checked.

After checking everything is correct, Chansung let the waiter take out the risotto in the kitchen. Suddenly his phone rang and Chansung swore. "Who else would call at a time like this?" he muttered to himself. He took the phone out of his pocket and said quickly, "Yes, who is this?" When he heard a familiar voice on the other line, Chansung suddenly change his attitude. "Wait briefly," he said on the other line, and then called out one of his assistants. "Jenner! Substitute me for a while. My mother is on the phone."

Then, Chansung let go of his apron and head out of the noisy kitchen.

As soon as he arrived at his office, he sank into his chair and said, "Yes, Wooyoung. We can talk now. By the way, are you back in London?"

"Not yet," said Wooyoung on the other end. Then, he asked in surprise, "You said I'm your mother?"

Chansung chuckled. "Normally, I don't answer my phone when I'm working. You know it's time for lunch? We are very busy here."

"I'm sorry," said Wooyoung. "I've been trying to call Ji yeon earlier, but she's not answering her phone."

"Wait a minute," interrupted Chansung. "You call Jiyeon first? Why?"

"I know you must be busy on your job at this time, so I really don't want to bother you," Wooyoung explained. "But since Ji yeon doesn't answer her phone, I had to call you. I hope I'm not causing you a trouble."

Chansung shrugged. "Not really," he said lightly. "Anything you want to talk about?"

Wooyoung hesitated. "Actually, I want to ask for your help."

"It's about Ji eun, right?"

"Why? What is wrong? What have I done" Asked Wooyoung as he does not understand what he is saying.

"I will not answer my phone if I was her too," said Chansung.

"Yes. I've been trying to reach her for two days. But she doesn't answer her phone. Don't tell me this is all because of Taeyeon."

"Mm-hmm," murmured Chansung justify. "Wooyoung, just so you know, she was very angry. And I don't blame her." 

"I didn't tell her that Taeyeon was here. I also did not tell her to answer my phone, " said Wooyoung quickly. "And now Ji eun...  Well, that's true," Wooyoung admitted, then quickly added, "but it was because she said she was writing an article about interesting places in the Lake District. Because she was kind enough to treat us all to dinner, and I think I can thank

"Taeyeon said that you're going to take her to a place after dinner that time, " said Chansung in a flat tone.

"So, she doesn't want to talk with me because of that? I also show her to some interesting places in Keswick that might be a useful material for her article." He paused, then asked in a tone of disbelief. "But why I have to explain all of this to you?"

Chansung chuckled. "Because you want to ask for my help?"

Wooyoung sighed heavily. "And just so you know, we didn't go by ourselves. One of my friend who seems interested in Taeyeon also came with us."

"Taeyeon thinks you're starting to like her."

"What?" He sounded surprised. "And Ji eun also think that way?" Chansung shrugged, though Wooyoung could not see it. "I just found out that she could be jealous too," he murmured softly, more to himself then, chuckled.

Wooyoung did not hear what Chansung had said. "What did you say?"

"It's okay," said Chansung quickly. "So tell me what can I do to help you?"

 

* * *

 

That night Ji eun went into her room, dropped her bag on the floor and immediately lay down on her comfy soft bed. She bit her lip and stared at the ceiling of the room. She began to realize her reaction last night was a little bit too much when Taeyeon answered Wooyoung's phone. However, she feels like she doesn't have the right to feel jealous towards Taeyeon. Wooyoung is free to do whatever he wanted. He is also free to be with anyone he wants. Free to love whoever he wants.

But why does she still feel so broken inside?

She got up and walked to her wardrobe. At that time, her eyes stare at a piece of small yellow paper taped to the mirror of her dressing table. She revoked the paper and read it.

 

Check your e-mail.
-Chansung

 

Ji eun eyebrows furrowed in wonder. What is this? She thought, but she walks to the table and writes and turn on her laptop. Not long after she had gone into her email on the inbox.

Someone send her a video file. Wishing it was not some kind of virus, eventually, Ji eun opens the file.

A moment later she blinked in surprise as she stares at the image that appears on the screen of the laptop. Lake with a surface of a calm blue water, pasture
sprawling green, and the background of dark green hills. The sky was clear blue and she could hear the rustling of the leaves as the wind blew. She also could almost feel the wind on
 her face. What place is this?

Suddenly, she heard a voice that is not foreign to her ear. "Beautiful, isn't it? Welcome to Ullswater." Then, the scene moves when someone diverted the cameras and her eyes widened when Wooyoung's face fills the screen of her laptop. It's been a long time since the last time she saw his face. Wooyoung grinned at the camera and said, "Do you know that Ullswater is often regarded as the most beautiful lake in the entire lake in Cumbria? Yesterday we did a shooting here. I know you certainly love this kind of scene, so today I'm back here to show it to you." He returned to direct the camera to him, shows around the beautiful scenery that unfolds in front of him. And then, Ji eun also felt as if she was there, standing next to Wooyoung, seeing the scenery with her own eyes, the wind blowing her face. She raised both her feet on the chair and hugged her knees. A hint of a smile on her lips.

Wooyoung's face re-appear on the screen. He looked up at the blue sky, covering his eyes with a hand that is not holding the camera. His hair was tousled by the wind. Then, he looked back at the camera and with a big smile that makes her heart flutter twice faster. "Next time I would have brought you here so you can see it for yourself," he said. "Now hold my hand. I'll take you on a date today, Ji eun Lee. So I hope you are willing to enjoy a day. This wonderful day with me."

Ji eun's smile widened. "Very creative," she murmured softly.

And she almost forgot to breathe when she saw all the beautiful scenery that he recorded. Wooyoung took it from Lorton Vale which is the ground green farm in the south of Cockermouth, and to Crummock Water in the next Buttermere North, up to Borrowdale is so beautiful, making choked. Obviously, Wooyoung did not record all the images in one day. Ji eun knew that he who is a confident man certainly do this in their spare time. Awareness that Wooyoung has been taking the time to plan it all for her that made it more touchable. She was very touched.

Wooyoung cheerfully put the camera on his face to be seen on the screen. "What do you think? You like it?"

Ji eun smiled. "Very," she murmured softly.

"I really wish you were here with me now." Wooyoung sighed and looked around, then back at the camera. Stares at Ji eun. "You know, I realized something while being here," he said. He's still smiling, but there is an impression of earnest in his voice. "I miss you."

Ji eun blinked in surprise and held her breath. Oh, dear ... The atmosphere around her suddenly felt so quiet. Just the sound of her own heartbeat pounding
because of Wooyoung Jang.

"I guess I'm used to always seeing you, so if you're not around, I feel a bit strange. As if there was something ... wrong," he continued with a brooding tone. Then, he chuckled. "Gosh, I think I started babbling. Well, I hope you enjoyed our date today. See you again in London."

For two full minutes after the video was over, Ji eun is still sitting in front of her laptop.

I realized something while I'm here. I miss you.

Wooyoung's words are still ringing in her ears. And those words make a small smile appeared at the corner of her lips. She glanced at her phone that is lying on the table. After a moment of hesitation, she made up her mind, grabbed the phone and dialed his number.

This time Wooyoung answered on the first ring and a voice that is now recognized by Ji eun was very dear to her heart was immediately asked, "Ji eun?"

"Mmm," Ji eun said. "This is me."

Ji eun could hear Wooyoung exhaled slowly. "Did you enjoy the show?"

Ji eun smiled. "How do you know that I already saw the video?"

"I have trusted an informant."

Informant? Ji eun glanced at the message from Chansung who is now laying on her desk.

"So, Ji eun, you're not mad at me?" Asked Wooyoung. His voice sounded hesitant, not at all as it is known.

She snorted. "I'm not mad at you." However, she may not admit that she doesn't like the fact that Taeyeon answered Wooyoung's phone, that he invited Taeyeon somewhere, that they ate dinner together, that Taeyeon could see Wooyoung and be with him while Ji eun can't. Taeyeon was convinced that Wooyoung started liking her.

Wooyoung chuckled. "But your voice sounds like it."

"I am not mad."

"Okay, okay. Well, I'm glad to hear it, " he said quickly.

He paused, then asked quietly, "How are you, Ji eun?"

"I'm fine," she murmured. "How about you?"

"It's getting better," said Wooyoung.

Ji eun's eyebrows lifted. "What do you mean? Are you sick again?"

"No, no," Wooyoung interrupted quickly, then chuckled. "Not being able to see you I guess this is enough for me. Couple days without you and you don't want to talk to me during the last two days ... " He sighed for a moment. "But now I feel a lot better. Because I'm hearing your voice."

The two talked for a while until both of them fell asleep.

 

* * *

 

Wooyoung was sitting dreamily among his colleagues in a small pub in Keswick when his cell phone rang. He gasped and quickly answered the call without even looking at who is the caller. "Ji eun?" He asked, getting up immediately and walked out of the shop. He did not realize that Jin Young looked at him with a small smile and shook his head.

"Mmm, it's me."

Wooyoung could feel relief coursed through him as soon as he heard the sound of Ji eun's voice on the other end. He knew Ji eun had seen the video sent. Chansung was the one who told him a few moments ago. He did not see her for a few days is enough to make him grumpy. And the last two days really test his patience, even Jin Young was confused by the way Wooyoung acted. The reason? Ji eun suddenly avoidsw him, refused to answer his phone. And the worst Wooyoung does not know why and doesn't know what to do.

But he knew Ji eun is very influential in tranquility soul.

Wooyoung stood in the little pub patio and sighed deeply. Left hand that is not holding the phone crammed into his pants pocket. After hesitating for a moment, he asked softly, "So, Ji eun, you're not mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you."

Wooyoung gave a short laugh. "But your voice sounds like it."

"I am not mad."

Wooyoung was not urgent anymore. Finally, he asked, "How are you, Ji eun? "

Ji eun replied lightly, "I'm fine. How about you? "

"It's getting better," said Wooyoung. Yes, he was feeling much better. Because he had heard her voice. Because she was no longer angry with him. But Ji eun voice sounded worried.

"What do you mean? Are you sick again? "

"No, no," interrupted Wooyoung quickly and laugh, feel happy because Ji eun turned out to be worried about him. It could be considered a good thing, isn't it? "Not being able to see you I guess this is enough for me. Couple days without you and you don't want to talk to me during the last two days ..." He sighed
breath for a moment. "But now I feel a lot better. Because I'm hearing 
your voice. "

Ji eun did not answer. Wooyoung wondered if he had made the girl surprised. Is  Ji eun will withdraw from what he said? Do the words made Ji eun back to distance? Because although Ji eun never said anything, Wooyoung knew she was always keeping a distance with men. Men are everywhere. And although Ji eun never said anything, Wooyoung is sure not because Ji eun is a shy girl. Something must have happened which made Ji eun behave like this. Wooyoung wants to know what happened. He wants to know all about Ji eun. It's just that he doesn't know how to ask her.

"Ji eun?" Wooyoung hesitates to call her name. Hopefully, Ji eun didn't directly hang up her phone. If that happens, Wooyoung doesn't know anymore what to do.

"I'm still here," said Ji eun.

Wooyoung slowly exhaled withheld. Hell, he has ever been so nervous in his life, either for work or when facing any woman. Why is this one girl who makes it always
feel nervous, always wondering, always doubt? He was never like this. Really. This is not normal.

"You should know nothing happened. I mean, between me and Taeyeon, " Wooyoung said finally.

There was a pause, then heard, "Mmm."

"You believe me, don't you?" Asked Wooyoung.

"Of course," said Ji eun quickly, but the girl isn't sound so convincing him. "Where are you, now?"

Wooyoung turned to the pub window and see his friends are still busy chatting and laughing on the inside. "In the pub. A fun little after a day long and tiring day."

"Is she there with you?"

Wooyoung smiled a little, could not resist. "Who?"

There was a pause, then Ji eun muttered, "Taeyeon."

Wooyoung's smile widened. "No," he said briefly. He did not say that this afternoon he happened to meet with Taeyeon. He also did not say that Taeyeon
actually plans to join them in this pub. However, Wooyoung was not the one who invited her here. Taeyeon herself who happen heard that Wooyoung and his friends would gather in the pub and in last stated that she also wants to join them.

"So?" Murmured Ji eun. Then, suddenly she changed the subject. The tone of her voice changed lighter. "Alright then. I am not going to bother you any longer. Oh, and thanks for the video. I am very loving it. "

"Thank you for going out with me today," said Wooyoung.

"And, Wooyoung," said Ji eun again when Wooyoung was about to hang up, "I am also glad to hear your voice. "

And suddenly, when he heard the simple words spoken slowly, Wooyoung felt his heart turned soft and soar. He also found himself could not stop smiling, even long after Ji eun hanging up the phone.

At that time he remembered the words Ji eun had said.

I ... did feel something, but not ... not for Chansung.

Wooyoung does not know if he dared to hope or not.


* * *


Taeyeon is leaning back against the wall next to the pub. Wooyoung is back into pubs, totally unaware that Taeyeon heard all the things he said. Actually, Taeyeon was not eavesdropping on purpose. She was just about to turn to the pub when she heard a low voice of Wooyoung saying, "But
now I feel a lot better. Because I'm hearing your 
voice."

The words are spoken slowly and seriously it made Taeyeon stopped. She had never heard Wooyoung spoke softly like that. Intrigued by the person who was talking to Wooyoung, Taeyeon leans against the wall next to the pub. It turns out that Wooyoung was on his phone. But with whom?

The question was immediately answered because the next word Wooyoung had said is, "Ji eun?"

Taeyeon frowned. Then, slowly grim smile appeared on her lips. Actually, she had it coming. From that day on Wooyoung's flat. She already saw how Wooyoung looked at Ji eun. And how Wooyoung cupped Ji eun's face and spoke softly to her when Taeyeon and Ji eun going went home.

But then Taeyeon refused to think about it. Just like now. She is the same once not want to retreat. Wooyoung might like Ji eun, but Ji eun yet certainly like Wooyoung. Taeyeon knows her very well. Ji eun is not the type of woman who is easily approachable. In fact, Taeyeon always sees Ji eun distance herself away from men.

So Taeyeon still has a chance. Like other people, everything is legitimate in war and love.

 

A/N: Chapter 13 is finally here! I'm so excited to hear what you guys think about this week's chapter. Sorry for not updating last week. You know I just got busy with life :) So anyway, I know most of you guys are probably screaming right now on this week's chapter. You guys are not alone, because I am screaming too,. hahaha. This is just the sweetest thing ever ^^ By the way, hello to new readers and new subsribers ^^

Special mentions:

@iuismylife, She really does, hahah but anyway, I'm a huge fan of Wooyoung and IU. And I've never heard this news before. For sure I search every thing about these two, but a news of dating I don't think there is one. Probably I missed it, lol. Thanks anyway :)

@Mandaristone, I'm getting closer to the of the story and I am so excited for it :) I know right, Taeyeon is being on Ji eun and Wooyoung's way, I can't wait to see your reaction on this chapter, hehehe :)

@iu0431, your wish is my command hehehe Here's an amazing chapter with Ji eun and Wooyoung I hope you like it :)

@WooUthebest, well do you like what Wooyoung said? hehehe I hope you enjoy this chapter ^^

@deandew, I got you the answer on this week's chapter, hehehe let me know what you think :)

@wooyoung_jwy, it is Taeyeon's behavior we need to understand, hehehe she is obsessed with Wooyoung. Andwae! He is only for Ji eun :)

@iumylife, here's an update ^^ Hope you enjoy it :)

@myungsoobaekhyun, Hello! Welcome to my revamp story of Spring in London :) I am so happy that you are enjoying this story :)