Chapter 10

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

photo 806e5857bab83993c36d7c3b586be305_zps3c860357.jpg

Chapter 10


 

"He really is my type, Ji yeon." 

Ji eun took a sip of her tea, smiling. Chansung has been repeating the same sentence at least eight times since Wooyoung left their flat yesterday until this morning when the three of them gathered in their small kitchen.

"He's really my type," added Chansung again while frying an egg.

"Get rid of it before you dream of a broken heart." Ji yeon suggested nonchalantly. Then, she turned to Ji eun,"By the way, you have to take him with you to watch the show. This is gonna be my first show in where I got the main role, you know?"

Just then, the doorbell rang. "Who else would come so early?" Chansung muttered. "You're waiting for someone?" Ji yeon got up and walked to the door with step shuffling. "Oh, Taeyeon. Come in!"

Ji eun looked up and blinked. Taeyeon? And she remembered that she haven't talked to Chansung and Ji yeon about the incident between herself, Taeyeon and Wooyoung yesterday.

"Good morning, everybody," says Taeyeon when she appeared in the kitchen.

"Hey, Taeyeon." says Chansung, waving a hand.

"Ji eun, I'm here to ask for your opinion about this," said Taeyeon to Ji eun, smiling brightly. She pulled out a two sheets of paper and held it in front of Ji eun's face. Both photos are British actress who is popular today but in a different pose and clothes. "One of the pictures will be the front cover for the upcoming issue of the magazine. I really don't know which to choose, so I come to ask for your opinion." 

Ji eun looked at the picture that is in front of her and sighed inwardly. Actually, looks like she is ready to become the chief editor. She doesn't mind helping a friend, but because Taeyeon keeps asking for multiple times and she felt that Taeyeon is manipulating her. 

"Taeyeon, you also have to come see the show. It's my first big role." Said Ji yeon who followed her to the kitchen, sitting back to her original position.

"Of course," said Taeyeon, "if I don't have any important event.When is the show?"

"In two weeks," said Ji yeon, then back her attention toward Ji eun. "When are you going to invite Wooyoung to the show?"

Ji eun glared at Ji yeon, but it was too late. Taeyeon's eyes blinked and quickly directed her eyes to Ji yeon. "You mean Wooyoung Jang?"

Chansung turned off the stove and put a plate of eggs on the table. "You know him?" he countered.

Ji eun took a sip of her tea without making a comment while Taeyeon tells them about the incident that happened yesterday afternoon. She told them everything. Without skipping a small detail. About how her mother and Wooyoung's mother tried to match them, about Wooyoung who took her to lunch, about how their family tried to match them, blah blah blah.

Ji eun realized the sharp glances from Ji yeon and Chansung at her, but she pretended not to care. She knew they would ask her questions, and she doesn't know how to answer or how to explain it to them. This not her fault. Taeyeon herself immediately burst in everything without asking permission. If so, what could Ji eun do?

"And if you want to invite Wooyoung, I can call him," said Taeyeon in final explanation.

But before Taeyeon complete her words, Ji eun has entered into the room, grabbed her phone and called Wooyoung

 

* * *

 

Wooyoung was still lying in bed when the phone rang. He groaned slowly but coughed. He forced himself to sit up with all his strength and grabbed the phone that was lying on the table beside the bed.

"Hello?" He muttered hoarsely, and back coughing.

"What is wrong with you?"

Although his head felt heavy and his whole body limp, Wooyoung could still recognize  Ji eun's voice that made him smiled yet mixed anxiety. "I don't know," Wooyoung muttered softly. "My body heat is high and I have fatigue, sore throat, and my head felt like a rock. It's been like this ever since I woke up this morning."

"Yesterday you were okay," said Ji eun again. She paused, then asked doubt, "Is it because you eat something at my place last night?"

Wooyoung lay back down and closed his eyes, hoping the dizziness would be reduced. "No. I'm sure it's not that," said Wooyoung. "I think I contracted one of my colleague in the office."

"Have you've been to the doctor? Taking medication?" Asked Ji eun.

Wooyoung shook his head even though he knew Ji eun could not see it. "Later. Too weak to get up. I want to lie down."

A pause on the other end, then Ji eun asked, "You ... you want me to go there?"

"Will you come when I ask for?" He countered.

"Well ... of course. If you want."

Wooyoung smiled thinly. Ji eun did not even manage to get rid of the doubts from the tone of her voice. Wooyoung has managed to find out some things about her. First, Ji eun always wary in front of men. This makes Wooyoung relieved because it means that Ji eun is not nervous and anxious in front of him. But it also raises a question: Why does Ji eun reluctant when it comes to men? Even though their relationship has been a lot better compared to their first meeting, Wooyoung felt Ji eun still refrain.

The second thing he realizes is that Ji eun don't like to be touched. And until now Wooyoung still doesn't know why.

"Thank you, but it's not necessary," said Wooyoung in the end. He knew she will come when he asked her, but he doesn't want to force her. He wants Ji eun to open up on her own. "I'm sure there are drugs somewhere in the cabinets. I'm just going to sleep for a while. After that, I promised I would take a medicine. Then, after that, I'm sure I will be okay."

"You will call me if you need anything?" Asked Ji eun. Her voice still sounded worried.

"Of course."

"Then, I will not bother you anymore. Take a rest. Don't forget to call me if there's anything you want to ask for."

"You're the first person who I will call."

After hanging up, Wooyoung coughed for a while back and then curled up under the bedroom sheet. 'This is really annoying.' He doesn't like the feel of pain and the feeling of helpless like this. He really had to search for medicine. And if he still has not improved after taking a medicine, he might need to go to a doctor. Then, a few minutes later his phone rang again. Wooyoung groaned and thought he should hang up his phone all day just so he can rest peacefully. He s in bed looking for his phone that was sent out in the lamp table just like that. He lifts the phone to his ear using all his strength.

"Yes?" Shortly he muttered. Two seconds later his eyes open. "Oh, Taeyeon?"

 

* * *

 

That afternoon Ji eun was still worried. She wanted to call Wooyoung but fears she might disturb his rest. During the last few minutes, she sat near her desk in her bedroom. She doesn't have work today. She was deliberately arranged so that today she can take a vacation. It is been a long time and she wanted to go into town for sight-seeing and go shopping, but of course she would not enjoy shopping because she still thinks about Wooyoung. 

She was deciding what she should do when her phone suddenly rang. She glanced at the phone screen lying on the table and quickly answer. "Wooyoung?"

"Can you come here?" Wooyoung's voice was soft and weak. His breathing also sounds heavy, as if it took him a great effort just to talk. "Please ... please come here."

Now Ji eun had no doubt. She jumped up from the chair and said, "I'll be right there."

Not too long later, Ji eun was standing at the front door of the Wooyoung's flat in Mayfair. She rang the bell and waited impatiently. Her eyes widened in surprised when the door opened and saw who was standing there.

"Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon who opened the door from the inside also looks also surprised. "Oh, Ji eun?"

Shortly, Ji eun could not speak. Her pain and anxiety when she was in a cab to go to his flat faded slowly and was replaced by something that is hard to explain. Why is Taeyeon in Wooyoung's flat? What is she doing here? She asked herself a confusing question. But one thing she did realize. She does not like to see Taeyeon here, in Wooyoung's flat.

Then, Ji eun's eyes shifted towards Wooyoung's figure as he appeared behind Taeyeon. "You came," said Wooyoung. He sounded relieved.

His appearance is really messed up. His face was pale, his dry lips, and his disheveled hair. He's wearing a long-sleeved black shirt and white trousers look wrinkled. He looks weak and sick. Every thing flashed in Ji eun's mind, but when she saw Wooyoung, only one thing that occurred to her. "Why are you not lying down and resting?" She asked with a furrowed brow.

Wooyoung swung with a weak hand. "Come in and then you may scold me." 

Ji eun stepped in and turned toward Taeyeon. "Taeyeon, why are you here?" She asked, trying to keep her voice light.

Taeyeon smiled. "Earlier I called Wooyoung to ask him to go to Ji yeon's show and he said he was sick. So, I immediately came to offer help."

"Oh, I see," murmured Ji eun, don't know what to think. She should also immediately come when she heard Wooyoung was ill. However, Wooyoung is her friend and she should not hesitate to help a friend who is sick. She turned to his direction and muttered, "I'm sorry I just came."

Wooyoung stood leaning against the wall. His hands gripped the edge of the small table beside the door. He looks very weak, but he was still able to smile at Ji eun. "You'd better sit down," Ji eun said to Wooyoung.

Wooyoung walked into the living room, followed Ji eun and Taeyeon, and flung himself into one of the sofas. Obviously, he was relieved because he doesn't need to stand up any longer. "Taeyeon," he muttered as he swung a hand towards Taeyeon. "You had been very good because you helped me since this morning although I know you must be very busy."

Ji eun turned to her friend Taeyeon and smiled broadly. "I don't mind helping." said Taeyeon, then looked at Wooyoung."Anyway, it's not possible to leave you alone here. What if you need something?" 

Wooyoung nodded. "Maybe you're right. But now that Ji eun is here, I'm sure she could accompany me and make sure I don't fall unconsciously. Anyway today she has no work, so she doesn't mind." He looked up at Ji eun who stood beside him. "You don't mind, don't you?"

Ji eun looked up from Taeyeon and looked down at Wooyoung. "Of course not."

Taeyeon looked to both of them interchangeably, then shrugged. "All right." She said lightly. Then, she turned toward Ji eun and added, "I'm glad you came to take care of Wooyoung. Thank you."

Ji eun blinked. Surprised by Taeyeon telling her that as if Wooyoung is hers and Ji eun is just someone who was asked to come to help.

"Of course," murmured Ji eun shortly.

"You know you can call me anytime when you need anything," said Taeyeon while she gathered her things.

"Thank you very much, Taeyeon." said Wooyoung, who smiled weakly.

After Taeyeon go and Ji eun shut the door, Ji eun stood there for a moment, scowled towards the door. Then, she turned and walked back into the living room. "I want to lie down," Wooyoung muttered tiredly. "You can ... I don't know what to say ... Well, make yourself at home."

Ji eun hesitated and looked at Wooyoung who tried to stagger towards her. Finally, she decided. She approached Wooyoung shuffled into the room while holding on to the wall. "I'll help you," she said holding his arm.

Wooyoung stopped and looked down at Ji eun, and his eyes switch to Ji eun who holds his arm. Ji eun could see the confusion in his eyes. Ji eun straightly looked at Wooyoung and said firmly, "You might fall if I don't help you."

Wooyoung blinked and nodded weakly. "Yes ... yes, I guess you're right."

Ji eun helped him into his room and cover his shivering body with his blanket. Because Wooyoung is not hungry, Ji eun had to force him to eat biscuits slightly before taking his medication. 

"You look a mess," said Ji eun when Wooyoung lay back in bed after taking the medication.

"I really feel bad," Wooyoung muttered. "I just need to sleep for just a moment. I'll feel better after waking up later."

"All right," said Ji eun while collecting medicine bottle and an empty glass on the table beside the bed. "Just sleep."

"By the way, why did you call me this morning?" Asked Wooyoung suddenly.

"This morning?" Murmured Ji eun remembering. "Ah, it's ... I want to tell you that Ji yeon would like to invite you to her show. She said she got the important role this time. You will come, right?"

"Of course. When is the show?"

"In two weeks."

"You're going with me?"

Ji eun's eyebrow raised a little, then she shrugged. "If you want."

"Well then," Wooyoung muttered and closed his eyes. When Wooyoung does not seem to be talking anymore, she spun and walked with slow steps to the door.

"I didn't tell her to come here," Wooyoung muttered suddenly.

Ji eun stopped and turned her back to him. "What?"

Wooyoung does not move in bed, also didn't open his eyes. "Taeyeon," he says. "I didn't tell her to come here. She came alone after hearing me sick."

Ji eun blinked. "Oh."

"And I can't sleep if she's here," said Wooyoung. "That's why I asked you to come."

Ji eun was silent for a moment, then finally smiled slightly and muttered, "I know.

 

A/N: Chapter 10 is finally out! First of all, I am sorry for making you guys wait. I've been busy with work that I don't have time to write after coming home from work. Also, I was sick since Thursday that's why I couldn't update. I am really sorry. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. And also, if you guys watch Running Man, let me know what you guys think the dismissal of the show :( I was devastated by the news. Let me know in the comment box what you guys think about this chapter too ^^

Special mentions:

@deandew, yup they seem to like they do ^^ Just see what's gonna happen soon :(

@iuismylife, yup he is jealous because of Chansung hahaha

@WooUthebest, sorry if I took so long to update. I'm sure you will like this chapter :) Just imagine them on your mind on a real drama ^^

@iumylife, it was one of my favorite chapter, hehehe

@Hanminse_, yup he is ^^ hahaha

@wooyoung_jwy, thank you ^^ sorry for the delay