Chapter 22

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

 

Image result for suzy and iu

Chapter 22


Seoul, South Korea
Two years later


The sun was shining and the sky looks blue when Wooyoung ride a car out of the apartment building. Spring really has arrived. Wooyoung in his pensive moment. Spring has arrived again and that means it's two years have been passed since the last time he met with Ji eun. Since the last time he talk with Ji eun. Since Ji eun left him. The phone vibrating interrupted his reverie. He glanced at his phone and put his phone into the ear. "Yes, Noona. What is wrong? "

"Wooyoung, I need your help," said Tiffany factly.

Wooyoung's eyebrows raised in surprise. "What kind of help?"

"I want you to be a model for my advertising summer clothes collection," his sister said quickly. "I know, I know ... you must be very busy to work as a director. Oh, by the way, I've seen the music video for the new singer and I have to say congratulations to you. He must be well-known now because of his music videos. But let's go back to the original topic. I want you to be my model. I have no other model that is more suitable besides you. So?"

He was smiling. "But, Noona, tomorrow I have to go to Japan."

"To Japan? What for? You've got a new music video to film there?"

Wooyoung hesitated. "No. I just want to meet someone there. "

"But it certainly will not be long, isn't it? Shooting for my ad will be done next week. Surely you will be back then? "Asked Tiffany fully pleased.

Wooyoung sighed exaggeration, but she was smiling. "All right, Noona. but I'm still going to get paid, right? "

"Who would have thought that a model and the acclaimed director like you still need  money? " muttered his sister. Wooyoung just laughed. "By the way, who are you going to see in Japan?"

Wooyoung sighed. "Someone who I really want to see for two years, " he said softly.

His sister sounded confused. "Someone ... Who?"

He was smiling again. "I will tell you when I've got time. Bye, Noona. "

Without waiting for an answer to his sister, Wooyoung disconnect and remove the earphones from the ears. He sighed again. The last two years is not at all easy for Wooyoung and his family. The girl who had believed herself to be involved in the rumored in scandal with Wooyoung's brother, really thought she was the in gossip. And the woman did not mind to be in the gossip because she intended to boost her popularity.

Although there are some people who accepted the statement of that girl, many also those are still in doubt of her statement. However, in the absence of strong evidence and witnesses to support their suspicions, the scandal slowly subsided, although not entirely because even now there are still people who questioned the truth of the scandal.

After his brother's scandal died down and make sure his family is okay of course, Wooyoung returned to London to continue his work with Jin Young Park.  A year later he returned to Seoul and began his new role as a music video director. The first music video that he worked on was a huge success and since then many offers came to him.

Wooyoung has kept his promise. He has given the time Ji eun needed, he has become a famous director, and he never tried to contact Ji eun. Actually, the latter is the most difficult he had ever done. Not seeing or talkin with Ji eun is enough to make Wooyoung depressed. But he doesn't know where Ji eun, what she is doing now, how she is, it is enough to make Wooyoung almost insane.

That is  why he went in search for Chansng, a former friend of Ji eun, when he got back to London and ask Ji eun's address in Japan. Wooyoung smiled sourly remembering all he had to do to get the address from Chansung.

Although Wooyoung has managed to get the address, he never attempted to meet the girl. Because he had promised, and he intends to keep his promise.

But two years is not a short time. At least for Wooyoung. Just in the past two years the situation is more or less back to normal. The scandal involving his brother was easily forgotten by many people because of new scandals involving new artists. Ji eun's name didn't got involved in Wooyoung's brother scandal. Wooyoung's family has successfully passed their difficult times in good, even his mother had also started trying to set herself up like she used to.

Everything is good. Everything except himself. Wooyoung did not feel good. And he knew he would never feel good until Ji eun comes back to him. That's why he decided to go to Japan. If Ji eun could not come to him, he would go and see her. 

 

* * * * *

 

Tiffany smiled in satisfaction while lowering the phone from her ear. "How?" Asked her assistant in a hopeful tone.

"Of course he agreed to do it. My brother is always dependable, " said Tiffany happily. Then, suddenly remembered something. "What about a female model? Did they accepted the offer to us? "

Recently, she saw an ad in one of the magazines that shows the perfect standard for the female model on which is suitable to represent her latest clothing collection. She immediately sent her assistant to find out about that model.

"They still haven't given an answer," said her assistant.

Tiffany sighed and bit her lip. "Tell them that I know this is rather a hurry, but I really hope to cooperate with their model. " She paused, then asked," By the way, what's her name? "

The assistant glanced at her notebook, then replied, "Ji eun Lee. And to give you more information about the girl, she has starred in one of Junho Lee's music videos along side with your brother "

 

* * * * *

 

Tokyo, Japan


"Ji eun," Suzy called from the lounge. "Are you ready? They had been waiting for us downstairs. "

No audible response from the other room. Suzy sighed and walked to the bedroom she shared with her twin sister. She poked her head into the room. "Ji eun."

Ji eun was sitting in a chair at the desk. Both feet were lifted onto the chair and chin to her knee. Her eyes stared straight ahead and was daydreaming. "Ji eun," Suzy call again, a little more louder this time.

Ji eun gasped and turned. "Oh, what, Suzy?"

"Are you ready? They're waiting for us downstairs, "said Suzy. Ji eun blinked as she don't understand what Suzy is saying to her. "We'll have dinner at Grandma 
Osawa's house. Do you remember? "

Grandparents Osawa is actually an older couple occupying the apartment downstairs. They also are responsible for the apartment building which is only two-story and often invite all other residents-which amounted to only five people including Ji eun- to eat together tonight.

"Ah, you're right. Why would I forget about it? "Ji eun murmured as she rose from the chair. "Wait a minute. I'll be ready. "

Suzy could see that her sister is being worried. "What is the problem, Ji eun? " she asked directly.

Ji eun stopped in front of the wardrobe and turned to Suzy. She bite her lip, hesitated, then finally said, "I got an offer of making an advertising in Korea. To advertise a clothing line. " She paused as she took a deep breath. "The designer is Wooyoung's sister. "

Suzy knows who Wooyoung is to Ji eun. When Ji eun returned to Tokyo two years ago, Ji eun had told her everything. Including her dark secret that she has been buried for years. She told all this to Suzy on the first day she returned to Tokyo. When Suzy was totally in shocked to hear about the terrible events Ji eun experienced and was sad to imagine Ji eun bear all the wounds and nightmares by herself all alone.

In the end Suzy could just tell that she was glad that Ji eun told her everything and said that she hoped now Ji eun woud feel a little better for having devoted all her secrets. She also assured to Ji eun that everything will be fine. Then, they both cried together.

One thing they agreed upon is that their parents doesnt have to know about this issue. There is no point. It would only caused them pain. After all, the person who committed the crime had passed away and is no longer in this world and arguably Ji eun is also fine.

Suzy also know the reason why Ji eun came back to Tokyo it was because of Wooyoung Jang. Wooyoung is the younger brother of the culprit who hurt Ji eun, but Wooyoung is also the only man who somehow managed to sneak in and stole Ji eun's heart. Suzy understand the dilemma Ji eun is facing right now. Indeed, she
understands.

But ... "Do you think his own sister knows about you?" Asked Suzy.

Ji eun bit her lip. Wooyoung would not tell his sister about Ji eun because of the incident. Impossible. "No," she said, then shrug. "I have no idea. I don't know "

"So, are you going to take the offer?" Asked Suzy again.

Ji eun stretched her arms and dropped to her sides. "I don't know. I have not decided yet, " she said. She cocked her hand to her forehead. "If I take the job, there is a possibility I will see Wooyoung. "

"So what? Don't you wanna meet him? "

Ji eun held her breath. And suddenly, without any warning, a drop of tears fell rolling down her cheeks. She sat on the edge of the bed and tried to control herself.

"Ji eun." Suzy immediately walked over and sat beside her sister. "What's the problem? "

Ji eun tried to inhale and exhale to control herself, but she did not succeed. "Stupid, isn't? Two years have passed, but I'm still like this every time I hear his name. I still have not get over it. What is wrong with me? "

"What's wrong with you?" Suzy countered. "Ji eun, nothing's wrong with you. You just love him. "

Ji eun turned towards Suzy. She opened , but no words escaped her lips.

"You never admit it to me, Ji eun, but I do know what you feel, "said Suzy. "The reason you are trying your best to learn Korean is because of him, isn't? " Ji eun shut her lips. Suzy continued, "Two years is a long time to think and make decisions. You've successfully confront your past. Now it's time for you to face what's in your heart. "

Ji eun bit her lip, then said weakly, "But ..."

"He's not like his brother." Words of Suzy made Ji eun into silent. The words were the same as what Wooyoung told her.

 

I am not my brother. I will never hurt you.
Do you believe me?
I hope you can. If not now, maybe someday.

 

Ji eun trust him. She knows that Wooyoung is not like his brother. Indeed, she knows. It's just ... "What about his family? What if they know about it? " She asked. "No, no ... I'm not ready. "

Suzy squeezed her shoulder. "You, yourself must have had thousands of times of thoughts about it over the last two years and I am sure that now you have not found the answer. What makes you think that waiting for one day, one month, or one year would make a difference? "

"They'll hate me," Ji eun muttered, shaking her head, "if they find the truth. "

"Why would they hate you?" Asked Suzy surprised. "Ji eun, you shouldn't be the one to be gulity here. "

Ji eun was stunned. Yes, Suzy said is true. She is innocent in the matter. She shouldn't be guilty ... "But two years have passed," Ji eun said in a trembling voice. "It's too long. Circumstances may have changed. He may have changed. Everything may be too late... for us "

Suzy embrace Ji eun's shoulder and said, "But you would not know before you try it, right? If circumstances had been changed, if he had been changed, would not it be better if you know certainly rather than wondering for the rest of your life? "

Ji eun looked at her sister and wondering since when Suzy changed as wise as this? But Suzy is the type of person who would always think rationally. Maybe it has to do with Suzy reading books. Ji eun knows that what her sister sid is all true.

"You know I'm right, Ji eun," Suzy said again, as if she is able to read Ji eun's mind.

This time Ji eun smiled, wiping her eyes with her palm and nodded. "As always, Suzy. You're right, " she said. Then, she heaved a deep breath. "I think I'll take the job."

Suzy smiled. "Good then. Now let's go eat tonight. They would have starved half to death because they were waiting for us. "