Chapter 4

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

Image result for kim taeyeon 2016

Chapter 4


 

Ji eun suddenly realized that she was very tired and hungry when she runs through the door of a small restaurant that has a modern design the next day. The aroma of delicious steak that crashing her nose, making Ji eun a head dizzy for a moment. She practically did not sleep all night because she has to complete the article she promised she would finish for Taeyeon. When she finally managed to finish the article and send them via e-mail to Taeyeon, she had only one hour before she gets ready to go to the set again.

Faced with the choice whether she should sleep or eat breakfast, Ji eun chose to sleep, although of course, one hour is simply not enough. And this morning when Ji eun was about to get out of the flat, Taeyeon called and asked to meet with her at lunch time. When Ji eun said that she had sent the article by e-mail, Taeyeon still wants to meet her. She said there is something she wanted to talk about with Ji eun. Something related to the new fashion designers who will appear in an upcoming issue. Because Taeyeon doesn't like to be rejected, and because Ji eun also can't bear to refuse, she finally gives up and said yes.

Ji eun glanced at her watch and groaned inwardly. She must quickly be back to the set. Ji eun just had time to tell Yoon that she will go out for a moment while the crew will have their lunch. She didn't tell director Park because she saw he was busy talking to his assistant director.

Ji  eun sighed and rubbed her temples for a moment. She didn't know what she should be thinking about Wooyoung. They haven't talked that day because the situation on the set is very busy and because today there are no scenes with him, Wooyoung was always behind the camera together with director Park. 

But tomorrow is the last day of filming. After that Ji eun will not see Wooyoung again. Then, everything will be back to normal. Everything should be fine.

Her thoughts were shattered when she heard someone calling her name. Ji eun turned around and looked at one of the small tables in the middle of the room. Taeyeon waves to her with a grin.

In addition to the name and face, there's nothing an Asian impression when you see Taeyeon because she was born and raised in London, her thinking, her accent, and her style is very like Europeans. Although, she's still Japanese descent, she practically can't Japanese. Her Japanese skills are really not good. 

That's why Ji eun always spoke to her in English. "Sorry, I'm a little late. It's been a long wait?" asked Ji eun as she glanced at Taeyeon's plate of salad. Her stomach growl.

"As long as you are here a long time is nothing. I really need your help." She said with a grin. Although she is now the editor-in-chief office formerly held by her mother as the owner of the company- she still often relies on Ji eun's opinions about various things.

"All right. What can I do for you?" Ji eun asked directly.

Taeyeon smiled and pulled out a folder from her bag. "It is the new designers and talented artists that I think would fit to introduced in future editions. Of course, we can not show all of them, so I want to hear your opinion. Who do you think are the best one?" she opened the folder and pushed it toward Ji eun. "We must decide right now because I have to go somewhere for a week or even more."

"Where are you going?" Ji eun asked as she continued to read Taeyeon's proffered data.

Taeyeon smiled wryly. "I have to fly to Korea this evening to attend my grandfather's eightieth birthday celebration. All my family gathered for the occasion." she sighed deeply. "Just so you know, I never like going to a family event like that. I'm not close to my relatives, either in Korea or Japan. How could I become close with them if I can't understand what they are saying and they don't understand English? Boring. But, of course, my parents forced me to attend. They don't want me to be considered impertinent." 

This time Ji eun looked at Taeyeon with eyebrows raised in surprise. "You have family in Korea?" She asked and wondered why all the people she meets also have family in Korea.

"Of course," said Taeyeon pushing her salad plate whose contents are still trace. "My mother is Korean descent. You don't know?"

Ji eun shook her head. "It turns out your mother is Korean?"

Looks like Taeyeon did not hear what she said. She started to frown, thinking about the time and tedious she has to spend in Korea. She has a thousand reasons not to come with her mother, but her mother insisted and had no other option left but to obey her mother. She sighs and looked around the restaurant, then said, "I think it took a bit of chocolate pudding to prepare myself for the day today. Do you want to order something?"

Ji eun glanced at her watch and sighed. "I'm starving to death, but I've got no time to eat." Ji eun pointed to one the
paper in front of her. "I think this is perfect. The design of the clothes is very unique, isn't it? I like the colors he uses. What do you think?"

"I agree with you," said Taeyeon as she nodded. "You did have good taste, Ji eun. What would I be without you?" 

Ji eun gave a short laugh. "I'm sure you'll be fine," she said, then glanced at her watch. "If everything is okay, I have to go now."

Taeyeon shook her head. "But after I come back here later I want you to accompany me to see this designer."

"All right," said Ji eun quickly as she rosed from her chair and grabbed her purse. "Have fun in Korea. Call me when you get back. I want to know how you will make it through the dark days that you're calling." 

Taeyeon smiled wryly. "That too, if I don't die of boredom there," she grumbled. "Or die annoyed at having to face my relatives who like to interfere in my personal life. You know, I heard from my mother that she now intends to match me, as if I had committed great sins because I'm still single at my age now."

Ji eun glanced back at her watch. She had to get back to the set. "That's the sign they care about you," she said quickly, then laughed when she saw Taeyeon's face. "Don't be so grim. I mean, who knows you might like the guy they ask you to match with?"

 


A/N: Here's Chapter 4, a short update. I will try to update on Thursday too. Let me know what you guys think about this chapter ^^ Welcome to the new readers and thank you for all the new subscribers ^^

Special mentions:

@Lilyxxi, I am in love with it ^^ I love Ilana Tan <3 And yes, WooU is my OTP too. High five! :D

@iuismylife, thank you for reading my new story ^^