Chapter 16

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

tumblr_mvcrgvoclQ1ql46ngo3_r1_500.jpg

Chapter 16


 

Ji eun has been calmer when they get in the cab. Her face was still pale, her body still shaking, but she had stopped crying. She was silent during her ride home, and she did not pull away from the arms of Wooyoung. So, Wooyoung did not force her to talk, just continue to embrace it.

Once they have entered into Ji eun's flat, Wooyoung the lights and Ji eun led to the couch sitting in the room. "Wait a minute here. I will make a tea for you. "

Ji eun gasped and looked up at Wooyoung as if she had remembered that Wooyoung was there with her. Then, she nodded slightly, escape from Wooyoung's arms and sat down on the couch. She was hugging herself in chills. Her eyes were puffy as she looks around the flat with some trepidation, as she is afraid that an unidentified man who would jump out and attack her again. Ji eun is like a frightened rabbit that makes Wooyoung's hearts seemed tingling.

Wooyoung turned and went into the kitchen. He stopped and pulled a deep breath. Damn, he was very chaotic. Angry and feeling of helplessness mixed in him. He must demand an explanation from Dong-Min, although this time Wooyoung just wanted to beat till he bleeds out. Terrible shadow of what he saw for the first time in the booth storage was making waves crashing self-anger towards himself. Wooyoung closed his eyes and tried to catch his breath. He wanted to punch something. Anything. But it is not possible now. Ji eun is sitting next room and Wooyoung is not possible to get mad from what had happened while she's still freak out.

With great difficulty, Wooyoung forced himself to move on and while he returned to the living room with a cup of hot tea for Ji eun. He sat next to Ji eun and watched her slowly sipped her tea. Wooyoung noticed Ji eun has stopped shaking, but the fear is still clearly visible in her eyes. If only there's a way to turn back the time, Wooyoung will do anything without hesitation. Whatever the risk, whatever it is he will sacrifice, though if it meant he had to submit his own soul, Wooyoung would do it. He will do anything to remove the fear of light on Ji eun's black eyes, keep her away from the pain, protect her so that she won't get injured. He was willing to do anything. For Ji eun. But the fact everything had happened already and Wooyoung could not do anything to alter the reality. That's what made him depressed and frustrated. He felt he could not do anything for Ji eun. All his life he hasn't been once felt helpless like this.

"Forgive me," Wooyoung muttered softly, breaking the silence in the flat. Slowly Ji eun turned to him. Confusion flashed in her eyes.

"I know you're never been comfortable being in a crowded place," continued Wooyoung hoarsely. "I should not have left you alone. I am sorry. "

Ji eun eyes filled with tears, and she blinked, looked away and looked down at her hands that were clutching her cup of tea. After a while, Ji eun opens up her voice, "You don't have to say sorry."

Wooyoung sighed heavily. His eyes stare straightly ahead and he frowned faintly. "The man who did it," he said doubtfully. "He ... Actually, I know him. "

Ji eun still down without saying anything. "He's a friend of my deceased brother," said Wooyoung with a flat voice and softly. "I don't know what made him or dare ... dare do such a thing. I think he's drunk. "

"That's not an excuse." 

Wooyoung looked sharp tone in the voice of Ji eun, and then he nodded. "You are right. That's not an excuse. "

Ji eun draws a deep breath and sat stiffly beside Wooyoung, voiceless. But Wooyoung saw the hands of Ji eun began to tremble again. Wooyoung reached her out and clasped her hand. Her hand it's cold, but Ji eun did not withdraw from his hand. It requires Wooyoung's warmth, otherwise, it will start to shiver.

At that time, Wooyoung remembered his conversation with Dong-Min at the party earlier. "Well, it turns out that you and your brother had the same taste in women. "  That being said Dong-Min after seeing Wooyoung talking to Ji eun. Wooyoung lost a chance to asked Dong Min what he meant by that when Taeyeon appeared, but it seems Dong Min knows Ji eun. Could it be?

Wooyoung brow furrowed and he looked at Ji eun vaguely. Is it possible that this has to do with what happened in the jacket storage? He should know.
"Ji 
eun," he called softly. "Did you know him before that?"

Ji eun breath caught in and hands are in Wooyoung turned rigid grip. She did not look at Wooyoung, but her face was anxious and her lips began to tremble. It made Wooyoung thought that Ji eun knows Kim Dong-Min.

"Do you also know my brother?" Asked Wooyoung again.

This time Ji eun snapped up. "I-I guess ... I guess I'm not okay now, "she said stammered, not at all looking towards Wooyoung. Her body was tense and her face winced as if she was in pain.

"Ji eun ..."

"Ji yeon and Chansung will be home soon, so you don'tt need to accompany me here," Ji eun interrupted. Then, she turned to Wooyoung. "I am alright. Really."
Wooyoung was very confused. Many milling questions in his mind.

Why Ji eun evade the question? Is Ji eun knows his brother? If so, why Ji eun had never said anything to Wooyoung? Any connection between his brother and Ji eun? What is going on right here?

"Ji eun, why don't you answer me?" Wooyoung asked softly. His voice sounded frustrated. "What really happened? You can tell me. "

Ji eun looked at Wooyoung in a moment. Then, she took a deep breath in and muttering, "No, Wooyoung. I can't. "

Ji eun voice sounded so sad and resigned to the chest of Wooyoung as hhe feels as if she's torn apart. "Why?" Asked Wooyoung, did not understand.

A tear fell from Ji eun's cheeks and rolled down her eyes

"It's no use, " she murmured softly. "The past is not going to change."