Chapter 18

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

Image result for wooyoung ceci

 

Chapter 18


 

"Why you don't want to press charges?" Chansung asked with a tone of wonder.

"After what that jerk did to you last night, why don't you sue him? Why? "

Ji eun sighed and looked up looked at the two friends that stared back at her with a puzzled. Ji yeon and Chansung sat at the kitchen table, while Ji eun was standing near the door of her room clutching a cup of tea.

Ji eun slowly exhaled and muttered, "Because nothing happens."

"Nothing happened?" Chansung repeated again, his voice rising. "What ...?" He stops words and glaring a stare at Ji yeon, asking for support, but Ji yeon didn't know what to say.

When the doorbell rang at their flats, Chansung went to open the door. "Oh, Wooyoung. Apparently, it's you. Come in. "

Ji eun looked when Chansung walked back into the kitchen with Wooyoung. Ji eun's brow wrinkled directly at the sight of Wooyoung. Wooyoung smiled slightly and shook his head. Hand outstretched forward, Ji eun was about to touch, but suddenly he was discouraged and even stuffing his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

He cleared his throat softly and Ji eun's face staring straight. "How are you?" He asked.

There is something in Wooyoung's voice that Ji eun doesn't understand. Ji eun looked at Wooyoung's eyes, trying to find out what makes him feelings suddenly restless. But he got the impression that the dark eyes that stared back at it also doing the same thing, trying to figure out what Ji eun soul hidden in the base.

"I'm fine," said Ji eun.

Then when Wooyoung remained silent, he adding, "Really."

"That's all she said all morning," said Chansung told Wooyoung with a somber tone. "She said she doesn't want to prosecute the guy from yesterday. Maybe you could persuade her. I have to go now. Pressure can ride my blood if I stay here long. "

Ji yeon exhaled and grabbed her purse. "I'm also going to let the two of you talk here, " she said as she stood up. "See you later tonight, Ji eun. Bye, Wooyoung."

After Ji eun closed the door and returned to the kitchen, she saw Wooyoung still stood in its place and stared blankly out the kitchen window. It is clear to her once more that something is bothering him. His attitude looks strange. He is rather quieter this morning, too moody. Why?

"You had your breakfast?" Ji eun asked, keeping her voice light and cheerfully. "If not, you should try the homemade bread Chansung made."

Wooyoung blinked once, then turned. "I did not. No need to, "he muttered.

"Then sit down. I'll make you some tea. "

Wooyoung sits in a chair that had been occupied by Chansung earlier. "So why did you come here so early? To check my situation? " Ji eun started chattering while she turned her back to Wooyoung and busied herself with cups and tea leaves. "Do not worry. You can see for yourself. I am fine. I'm also not going to press charges on ... that person because nothing happened yesterday. You came just in time. Oh yes, I just remembered I have to thank you. Anyway, because nothing happened and I was fine, I do not want this to be exaggerated. I do not want any scandal. " She let out a short laugh and tasteless. "I'm sure my agent would also agree."

"Is that why you never said anything about what happened that day?" Wooyoung suddenly interrupted.

Ji eun turned carrying a steaming cup of tea. "What?"

"The day you met my brother."

Ji eun and the world was darkened immediately.

 

 

* * * * 

 


Everything happened so fast in front of Wooyoung. He saw Ji eun staggered and the cup in his hand shaky, steaming tea was spilled on her hands, before falling to the floor and shattered.

Wooyoung jumped up, grabbed the hand of Ji eun and pull it into the sink. "You've got a salve for burns?" Asked Wooyoung while he washed Ji eun hands with water. Ji eun did not answer, but Wooyoung felt her tension and her hands were stiff.

Ji eun then slowly withdrew her hand from Wooyoung's grip and said quietly, "It's okay. I am alright. "

Wooyoung watched Ji eun turned and walked into her room. Obviously, Ji eun does not want to talk about her past, but Wooyoung could not hold back any longer. He could not sleep all night, he was tortured, feeling guilty, feeling very helpless. He was nearly crazy every time he remembers what Dong-Min told him. He should talk to Ji eun. He should know what Ji eun thoughts about this because he doesn't know what he should be thinking right now.

Wooyoung stood in the doorway of Ji eun's room, watching over her issued a pillbox of drawers with a trembling hand, then walked into the place of bed and sat there. Just sitting in the lap of medicine box without doing anything. Seeing that, Wooyoung came in and went to Ji eun. Wooyoung kneels in front of Ji eun and takes the medicine box from the girl's hand. After finding a cure, Wooyoung stared at the hand of Ji eun still shaking and hesitated. Then, he reached out and grabbed her hand. This time Ji eun grimace.

"It must be treated immediately," Wooyoung muttered softly and began applying medication to Ji eun.

Ji eun did not pull away, but also did not say anything. At that time Wooyoung really feels the silence that surrounds the flat. But instead of calming silence. There is a tension that gripped there which makes him difficult to breathe.

"How did you find out?" Ji eun asked suddenly, breaking the silence. Her voice was very flat and empty, as if lifeless. She also doesn't look at Wooyoung, but staring blankly out the window of her room, in the direction of overcast skies of London.

"I went looking for Kim Dong-Min yesterday evening. He told me everything, " Wooyoung said quietly.

Still not looking at Wooyoung, Ji eun swallowed and asked, "What did he tell you? Did he say that I'm the ...? "Ji eun choked, not able to continue his words. Her face winced as if pain.

"He said my brother forced you," said Wooyoung. He waited a moment, but because Ji eun did not say anything, he looked up at Ji eun and asked, "Whether from the beginning you already know who I am?"

Ji eun did not answer immediately. After a long silence, she nodded slowly. "I know about you from the tabloids," murmured Ji eun with a tone of daydreaming. "Because you're one of the famous artists in Korea and because Korean artists are also popular in Japan, the Japanese journalists like to cover everything occurs on Korean artists. Like articles on your brother's accident becomes an attractive material to be loaded in the tabloids. "

Wooyoung looked down and closed his eyes, trying to calm the rumbling in his chest. "Why didn't you say anything before this, Ji eun?"

Ji eun snorted and shook her head slowly. "Don't you think I don't hate your brother. I hate him. I hate him for what he did to me. I hate him so much that I want to kill him with my own hands. But before I could carry out my intention, he had passed away. Was killed in a car accident. What else can be said that so? "cynical and bland smile curved her lips. "Anyway, if it's time to tell you what ... what your brother did to me and him who had died three years ago, are you going to believe me." Wooyoung could not answer and he felt strong pressure to injure themselves own.

"That's what I thought," murmured Ji eun. She withdrew her hand from Wooyoung's grip stood up and walked to the window. A moment of silence has again enveloped the room. Then, Wooyoung heard Ji eun sighed softly and said, "My parents ... They are the main reason I never said anything about the incident. All my life I've never done anything that makes them bear the shame. They are proud of their children. They are proud of me. If I get out of this problem ... If my dad had known this problem, I do not dare to imagine how they going to feel. "

"Ji eun..."

"Actually, there are two things to be thankful for this incident, if we can call gratitude, "interrupted Ji eun, still to Wooyoung. "As long as events that I limp helplessly, barely conscious, so I didn't felt too much pain even though I knew who he was, and wanted to rebel, was against it. And secondly, I'm not pregnant."

"Ji eun..."

When she turned around and looked at Wooyoung in straight. "In hindsight, I guess good too because now you already know everything, " she said. She pulled a deep breath and exhale again. "I'm relieved."

Wooyoung did not understand what was meant by Ji eun. He stood up and stands in front of Ji eun and waited for her to continue. Ji eun met his gaze, but Wooyoung realizes her lower lip is fainting in the quiver. After some hesitation, Ji eun opened and said, "I'm glad we could put an end to all of this." Wooyoung's brow furrowed indirect understand. Ji eun does not answer, just stared without blinking for Wooyoung a few seconds, then said, "You must feel disgusted with me."

Wooyoung was surprised, did not expect to hear those words. "What? No, I don't ... "

"I also feel disgusted with myself," interrupted Ji eun

Wooyoung reached. "Ji eun, please don't .."

But Ji eun frowned and pushes Wooyoung's hands away "I think I made a mistake, " she said in a choked voice. Her hand tightly clenched at her sides. She was tense and depressed. "When I think we can be friends, I guess I was wrong. We can never be friends. We will never be. "

"What are you talking about?" Wooyoung asked confused. The frustration started through him. Frustrated to see Ji eun suffered major injuries. Frustrated because to see Ji eun suffered so much. Frustrated because he doesn't know what to do to help Ji eun. Frustrated because Ji eun withdraw from him.

Ji eun swallowed hard. Tears began to imagine in her eyes. "Now you can no longer look at me without thinking about whatever happened to me and your brother. "

"No ... That's not true."

"And I can not look at you without a thought of your brother and what he have done to me. "

The words were spoken with sharp and clear it pierced through the heart of Wooyoung. His chest ached and his body paralyzed. He looked at Ji eun without blinking, without breathing. He opened his mouth, but no sound came out.

 

 

* * * *

 

 

Oh, God ...

Ji eun bit her lips hard. What had she done? She didn't intend to say it. Really. But the words were out of her lips without a chance to prevented. Seeing Wooyoungstood in front of her made her feel sore. Seeing flashes of shock and hurt in the eyes of Wooyoung makes her wanna retract her words. Oh, how she wished she could retract her own words.

But it was too late. She can not take back the words she had said. Ji eun draws a deep breath and felt her forehead with one hand. "I am sorry. I did not mean it. I ... I ... "

He raised a hand, stopping the words of Ji eun. He exhaled slowly and muttered, "I think ... I should go. " And before Ji eun could speak again, Wooyoung has been turned and walked toward the door. Absolutely not looking back to Ji eun.

The realization that she had hurt the feelings of Wooyoung makes the heart Ji eun seemed to tear. She doesn't want Wooyoung to think Ji eun equate with his brother because it's simply not true. Wooyoung is very different from his brother. It's just ... it's just ...

"Ji fun." Wooyoung's voice, slow and heavy makes Ji eun lift her face. Wooyoung stopped in the doorway of the room and turned to Ji eun. "I represent my brother's apology to you. Although I myself will never forgive him for what he did to you, I still want to represent his apology to you. " Ji eun swallowed hard, trying to hold back tears began to well up in her eyes and obscure vision. "I also want you to know," said Wooyoung gazing at Ji eun's face, "I'm not my brother. I will never hurt you. "

Ji eun bit her lip. Her hands clenched tightly at her sides. don't cry ... Don't cry ... Don't ...

"Do you trust me?" Ji eun swallowed hard but did not answer. Wooyoung smiled sadly. "I hope you can. If not now, maybe someday later. "

Having said that, Wooyoung was gone. Ji eun heard the front door of the flat opened and closed. Afterward, Ji eun let the tears spill, along with great pain that spreads from the chest crowded into her body.

 

A/N: Chapter 18 is up! It is the saddest past of the story. I really feel bad for Ji eun. She's falling in love with Wooyoung yet the fact that his brother did something bad to her is something that is hunting her for so long. Do you blame her from what she said to Wooyoung? Oh well, I hope you guys enjoy this sad chapter. And thank you for everyone's comments. Don't worry I read all your comments. I wish I have time to respond to veryone. I'll try to respond on my next chapter. Thank you! ^^