Chapter 9

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

Related image

 

Chapter 9


 

When she returned home that night, Ji eun find the flat was empty. Chansung and Ji yeon hadn't come home. Ji eun sighed and walked into the kitchen. No Chansung at home, it mean no dinner. She put the bag on the table at the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. She found a half-eaten cottage pie. Whether belongs to whom, but Ji eun didn't care. There are no note attached stating that the cottage pie shouldn't be eaten. Moreover Ji eun was hungry. She put it into the microwave, then grabbed her bag and went into her room.

Forty minutes later she was finished bathing, shampooing, and sit in front of the television in the living room while she ate her cottage pie. News on the tv didn't managed to attract her attention. Her thoughts always returned to the scene this afternoon and unconsciously she stabbed her cottage pie with greater force than is necessary.

Suddenly her cellphone that lying on the desk rang and interrupted her reverie. Her eyebrows raised when she read the name on the screen. "What?" She said shortly after the phone glued to her ear.

"Why are you angry at me?"

Although Ji eun not realize it, but now, just heard Wooyoung's voice will cause the corners of her lips curved up into a smile. As it is now.

"I'm not angry," Ji eun said, preventing her smile audible in her voice.

"I thought you missed me."

Ji eun snorted. "I certainly don't miss you."

"Then you want me to hang up?"

"Why are you calling?"

Wooyoung laughed, then said, "I want to tell you something."

"What? Tell me."

"You're at home now?"

"Mmm."

"I want you to look out the window. There's something there."

Ji eun frowned. "What do you mean? Don't scare me, Wooyoung."

"No, no. Indeed, it will make you happy. Look out the window."

Ji eun stood up and walked to the window. "What should I see?" she asked as she pulled back the curtain and looked up at the dark sky up there. But she didn't saw anything. Stars wasn't there, too. "There's nothing, Wooyoung. Do you think the black sky will make me happy?"

"That's because you're looking in the wrong direction," Wooyoung said.

"What?"

"Look down."

Ji eun looked down at the road down there and her eyes widened to saw Wooyoung standing on the sidewalk in front of her flat. "Oh, dear," she murmured absently.

Wooyoung smiled broadly and raised a hand that was not holding the phone. "Hello. You're happy to see me, right?" he said.

Ji eun sighed heavily, but she could not help but smile. "Jang Wooyoung, what are you doing there?"

"Your friends are in home?" Wooyoung asked.

"No. They haven't come home."

"Then can you go down for a minute?"

Ji eun knew why Wooyoung not choose to go up to her flat. Although they are best friend and she didn't consider Wooyoung as same as other men, Wooyoung seems to know Ji eun still feel uncomfortable when she's alone with him indoor. "Wait there," Ji eun said into the phone. "I'll be right down."

Not long after, they was sitting on the swings at the playground which is not far from her flat. Wooyoung reached into his jacket pocket and handed her a handkerchief to Ji eun. "I came here to return it," he said.

Ji eun surprised to receive it with a frown. "This is not mine."

"It was not. It's your friend, Taeyeon," Wooyoung said. "She left it when we lunch."

Ji eun let some noises that sounded like a snort and a short laugh. "I don't believe it. She use a handkerchief tactic," she muttered softly.

"What did you say?"

"It's nothing," Ji eun said fastly. "Then why don't you give it back by yourself to her? I'm sure that's what she wants."

"I would have do it if I didn't remove her number," Wooyoung said lightly.

Ji eun cleared softly. "Your lunch with her was fun?"

Wooyoung nodded. "Of course."

"I believe so," Ji eun said, unable to get rid of the sharp tone in her voice. Then she glanced at Wooyoung and added, "By the way, she is also interested in you."

"Oh really?"

"She asked me with hundreds of questions about you after we met you before," Ji eun said. "I'm sure she wants you to return the handkerchief to her. She'll expect you to call her. After all, she was giving you her number."

Wooyoung looked at her and smiled. "You think so? Right. Maybe I should look for her phone number. Maybe I do have to return the handkerchief by myself to her."

But Ji eun didn't showed sign that she will release the handkerchief in her hand.

"What do you think about Taeyeon?" Ji eun asked, could not refrain from asking about it.

"Your friend is a nice person," Wooyoung said lightly. "Beautiful, friendly, funny, and never run out of things to talk."

Ji eun scowled in the direction of a handkerchief in her grip.

"You could say she was my type," Wooyoung added. "But..."

Ji eun glance. "But what?"

Wooyoung shrugged. "Whether such type are no longer attracted my interest," he said bluntly. Then he looked at Ji eun and said, "I think, right now I want something that was once not my type." (read Chap. 3, line 89)

Ji eun didn't understand. So she just stared back at Wooyoung without saying anything.

A second later Wooyoung sighed and reached into his jacket pocket. "It's the second reason I come here," he said, holding up a CD in a clear box.

"What's that?"

"Our music video filming. This is the end result. I thought you'd want to see."

"Really?" Ji eun smile expands. "Have you seen it?"

Wooyoung nodded. "Of course. You look great."

Ji eun looked at the CD, then turned to the Wooyoung. She hesitated, then asked, "You want to see it with me? In my flat?"

Wooyoung stared back. "You sure?"

 

Ji eun smiled and nodded. "Yes."

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

"Ji eun, is that you?"A male voice with Scottish accent was immediately welcomed them as they entered the flat. Wooyoung's eyebrows furrowed. A male voice?

"Yes, it's me," Ji eun shouted.

"Honey, did you eat the cottage pie which I kept in the refrigerator?" asked the voice again, which seemed to come from the kitchen.

"That's Chansung," Ji eun said to Wooyoung.

Chansung? But... Wooyoung's eyebrow raised and he turned to stared at Ji eun. "Honey?" he muttered softly.

Ji eun blinked. "Ah, it's..."

But before Ji eun could explain, a slender man, tall and dark haired emerged from kitchen. "Lass, did you eat my cottage pie-oh!" He stopped when he realized that they had a guest.

Ji eun rush to introduce them. "Chansung, this is Wooyoung. Wooyoung, this is my another flat mate, Chansung."

"Wooyoung? That Wooyoung?" Chansung said, looking at Wooyoung with blue eyes flashing. He smiled and he shook hands with Wooyoung. "How nice to finally meet you. I've heard many stories about you. Let me tell you, you are exactly as they described to me. Come in. You wanna some drinks? Have you dinner? Oh, Ji eun, forget about the cottage pie. You can eat anything as you please."

"Actually Wooyoung come here to show the music video that we did a few weeks ago," Ji eun said.

"Oh, that music video?" Chansung asked, clapping his hands. "Can I come watch?"

"Sure," Wooyoung said lightly.

Just then the door opened and a girl with red hair and green eyes stepped inside. "Hello? Why are you guys huddled in the back door? Oh, apparently there's a guest."

Wooyoung remember the girl. She is Ji yeon, Ji eun's another friend who've met in the park a few weeks ago.

Ji eun re-introduce them. "Ji yeon, still remember Wooyoung? Wooyoung, this is Ji yeon."

"We'll watch the music video which they starred together," Chansung said while Ji yeon and Wooyoung exchanged courtesies.

"Oh, good. I also wanted to watch it," said Ji yeon

They soon moved into the living room. "I think there are some red wine. Wait, I'll get it. And also there are some sherry trifles that I made yesterday. Ji yeon , baby, can you help me in the kitchen? Let Ji eun accompany our guest for a while."

Wooyoung smiled watching the two Ji eun's flat mate walked to the kitchen as they continued talking. He suspected the atmosphere in the flat was never lonely. And he liked that fact. A comfortable flat and friendly friends.

Ji eun turned to Wooyoung and smiled apologetically. "They're a bit noisy, isn't it?"

Wooyoung laughed, then said, "I don't mind. You have amazing friends. I envy you." And that's true.

"You can take them from here anytime," Ji eun joked.

"By the way, you never say that your flat mate was a men," Wooyoung said, suddenly thought of the problems that have plagued him since he entered the flat.

Ji eun tilted her head and thinking. "I'm sure I've said something about Chansung."

"You did. But you just said you have two friends who lived with one flat. Ji yeon  and Cgansung. I thought Chansung was a woman," Wooyoung said. He hesitated, then asked, "Is he...?"

"Yes, he's gay," Ji eun said, immediately knew what Wooyoung meant. But her eyes narrowed slightly when looking at Wooyoung. "But I hope you don't mind about it."

Wooyoung shook his head. "No, absolutely not. Maybe you don't believe it, but I'm glad he's gay."

Ji eun eyebrows furrowed confused, but she smiled.

But what was Wooyoung said was true. Because he believes every woman want to sink into Chansung's blue eyes. It may even Ji eun will acknowledge. Oh, .

"Are you also interested in his blue eyes?" Wooyoung asked suddenly staring straight at Ji eun. He knew the question sounded strange and unrelated, but he really could not help himself.

Ji eun laugh this time. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, do you hope he's not gay?" Wooyoung said, and felt the question was strange. "I mean, do you feel something... Oh, . Just forget my words. I also don't know what was I said. "

There was a pause while Wooyoung scolded his own stupidity. A moment later Ji eun broke the silence. "No," she said.

Wooyoung back turned to her. "What?"

 

Ji eun smile. "The answer to your question," she said. "Am I interested in his blue eyes? No.

The answer to your question," she said. "Am I interested in his blue eyes? No.

Wooyoung stared at Ji eun's eyes and he felt that he himself was beginning to sink in her black eyes. "Oh," he murmured vague.

"Do I hope he's not gay?" Ji eun repeated Wooyoung's question, then answered herself, "No."

At that time, Ji eun voice as if bewitched him. Wooyoung couldn't do anything but stare at the girl sitting next to him on a sofa in the small living room and he listened to every her words. He also realized that he held his breath.

Ji eun continued, "Do I feel something...?" He looked at Wooyoung with flashing eyes laughing. "Yes."

What? What? Wooyoung heart felt as if it fell to the floor. Oh, .

But before Wooyoung fully aware of, or before he had time to digest Ji eun's words, or before a strange feeling began to confuse his brain and senses, he heard a loud and cheerful Chansung's voice, "Who wants the sherry trifle?

 

A/N: Chapter 9 is finally out! Sorry for making you guys wait. Thank you for the new subscriber ^^ Also to the new readers, hello! I hope you guys enjoy this week's chapter. I'll try to update this Thursday, hopefully. Oh by the way, what do you guys think about Bigbang's comeback? It's GREAT! 

 

Special mentions:

@deandew, you are very welcome ^^ I'm glad you are enjoying reading the story :)

@iuismylife, Yup she is a little bit jealous there hahaha ^^

@WooUthebest, here's an update hehehe

@wooyoung_jwy, it really is a beautiful chapter. One of my favorite ^^

@iu0431, here's aN UPDATE ^^