Chapter 20

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

 

tumblr_onbedly2be1tf5gm5o3_400.gif

 

Chapter 20


 

"So, yesterday didn't you Wooyoung drove to the airport?" Asked Ji yeon  while lifting both legs to a chair and sipped her morning coffee.

Ji eun shuffles her tea and sighed. "He would not let me to take him to the airport. "

"He must have scared you would bawl at the airport," commented Chansung while removing the bread from the oven. "Men like Wooyoung doesn't like to be the center of attention. "

Ji eun snorted. "You forget he's a model? He is used to be the center of attraction. And what do you mean by that bawl? "

"Maybe you're not the type to bawl," Chansung says making a correction from what he said and move the loaves in the pan to a large plate. "You're the type of person who lives quietly and drowned their own grief. "

Ji eun sipping her tea without saying anything. Ji yeon nudge. "Hey, you and Wooyoung okay, right? You guys didn't fight or something? "

Ji eun stunned. Did she and Wooyoung okay? She has no idea.

"Ji eun?"

Ji eun rush a forced smile and said, "Everything is fine between us. "

When the doorbell rang, Chansung straightened. "I bet it's certainly Taeyeon and she came to ask for Ji eun's help once the breakfast free here, "he muttered cheerfully and walked to the door. A few seconds later Ji eun and Ji yeon heard Chansung exclaimed aloud, "I'm right!"

"Right about what?" Asked Taeyeon when she appeared in the kitchen. "Gosh, the aroma is very delicious. "

"Sit down and make yourself at home," Ji yeon said as she dragged the chair to provide a place for them. "Taeyeon, why did you come so early?" asked Ji eun.

"In addition to taste my cooking, of course," interrupted Chansung grinned.

"I want to ask for your help, Ji eun," Taeyeon said, grabbing one of the bread inthe pile.

"As usual," interrupted Chansung. 

But it seems Taeyeon not hear because she immediately turned towards Ji eun and said, "We are planning to publish a special edition that includes new designers across the United Kingdom. And this morning we will hold a meeting to discuss the plan in more details. I hope you can join us. Usually, you have unique ideas that are very useful. "

Ji eun wants to sigh loudly. She already knew what was going to happen at the meeting if she participate. As in other meetings she have ever attended, Ji eun is the one who will always throw ideas and explain all plans while Taeyeon will obey all her ideas without contributing any ideas into it.

"Sorry, Taeyeon. I cannot. My schedule is full all day, "said Ji eun. She was grateful she did not have to lie to reject her request because all day she will be very busy indeed.

Taeyeon sighed loudly and shook her head. "Very weird. why all the people I contacted are busy? " she muttered to herself. "First of all my cousin, then you. And Wooyoung also could not be reached yesterday. What's up with everyone? "

"Wooyoung? Of course you can not reach him because he's returning home to Korea, "said Ji yeon.

Taeyeon eyes widened in surprise. "Returning to Korea? When? Why did nobody tell me? "

"Why do you also have to be told? Are you his girlfriend? "Chansung replied asking in outspoken attitude.

Taeyeon's eyebrows raised in surprise. "But why so sudden?" 

"He said there was a family problem," said Ji eun.

This time Taeyeon frowned. "Family problem? Perhaps ... " The other three pairs of eyes in the small kitchen was immediately directed to Taeyeon. Chansung leaned forward and asked, "What?"

Taeyeon tilted her head slightly. "Could it be because of the scandal?"

"Scandal?" Ji eun asked confused.

"I heard this news from my mom who heard it from a friend in Korea. She said there were rumors regarding about the family of Wooyoung, "said Taeyeon. Then, she looked at Ji eun. "So, my mother had tried to call Wooyoung's mother but she couldn't be reached. "

" Wait, Taeyeon. Gossip and scandal is that what you mean? "Asked Ji eun. She began to feel anxious. Anxious to Wooyoung. Hopefully it's not a big deal.

Taeyeon shrugged. "All I hear is that there is a gossip that the eldest son of Jang family has done something that is embarrassing of their family. "

"What did he do?" Demanded Ji yeon.

"."

Ji eun cup regardless of grip and fell to the table with a resounding thud. "Gosh, lass. Be careful, "Chansung grumbled and enforce the cup to Ji eun. "Luckily it stayed a little bit."

Ji eun ignore. Her eyes focused on Taeyeon. "Who? Did they say who ... who she is? "she asked in a voice that earned as calm and as flat as possible.

Taeyeon shook her head. "No" She looked at the three listeners alternately. "I believe that the sudden return of Wooyoung is definitely associated with the scandal. I heard her mother fell ill because of this problem. "

Ji eun hand raised to her forehead. Her hands were a little shaky and very cold. The other three are still busy discussing the gossip, but Ji eun is no longer listening. She stood up and took her cup to the sink. She is standing there, staring blankly out the window. Both her hands folded in her chest, hugging herself, as her body began to tremble.

 

 

* * * * 

 

 

It was past midnight, but Ji eun still can not sleep. Her whole body is tired because of her busy schedule this all day, but strangely she don't feel sleepy. She sits at the desk in her bedroom, staring at her laptop screen in front of her. It has been repeatedly she read short e-mails to Wooyoung that she sent to him, but the content remains the same.

Wooyoung only said that he had arrived in Seoul safely and apologized because they have to wait a few days after arriving in Seoul so she could send e-mail. There are so many issues that must be taken care there, but everything running smoothly. He is fine and Ji eun did not have to worry.

Only that. Wooyoung did not bring up the matter of the scandal that hits his  family. Ji eun knows Wooyoung did not say anything to her because he doesn't want Ji eun to worry. And Ji eun also know Wooyoung will make sure her name won't get involved in this matter. But Wooyoung now all by himself. Alone against attacks that could destroy hisfamily. And Ji eun felt very helpless because she is one of the party who caused all of this to happen and she could not do anything at all to help Wooyoung.

Wooyoung thought of the possibility of suffering alone makes a water tears fell down her cheeks. Ji eun wipes her tears roughly and goes to bed. She sat on the edge of the bed thinking.

This time she did not have the confidence to keep her promise to Wooyoung. Will you wait for me? Wooyoung's words are back ringing in her ears. I will not demand much. I will not burden you. I'm just asking you to wait until I finish my problem. Until then, do not go everywhere. Stay with me.

Ji eun bit her lip and buried her face in her hands. Now she did not have the confidence to keep her promise. For the scandal, how could she remain with Wooyoung? She is a woman with a past then the dirty and complicated, past related to his brother. It will only make Wooyoung increasingly suffer. She will also make Wooyoung's  family suffer.

She also will only make herself suffer. She thought she had overcome her past, but it turns out she has not succeeded overcoming anything. She just hides a dark past that far in her heart. Absolutely she doesn't want to think about it, or deal with it anymore. She always avoided it. Always. And what are the consequences? She made the distance with everyone. Her friends, Wooyoung, even her parents and twin sister.

Ji eun straightened up and took a deep breath. It is time she braced herself and confront her past. She must come to terms with her past before she can think of nothing else.