Chapter 1

런던의 봄 Spring in London (Revamp)

photo 28406d90-dc7c-448d-9276-5fe32bd2558e_zpsncj3wpta.jpg

Chapter 1


Seoul, South Korea

"Finally you answer my call. I've been trying to reach you many times over the past three days." The words hit Woo Young's eardrum even before he could say "Hello". He even has not had time to stick his phone to his ear.

Recognizing the voice of his friend on the other line, Woo Young laughed and said, "Ok Jun Ho, I know you miss me, but please turn down that loud voice. I do not want people near you to think we are dating. You are probably already heard about the Gay gossip, but I don't."

Jun Ho laughs blandly. "Very funny," he said flatly. 

Woo Young stood up facing a large glass window in the office, staring at the street of Apgujeong-dong down there. It is quite a crowded street, people in their thick colorful jacket, walking along the sidewalks and cars milling on the highway. The scenery is very unusual. The sights every day which is often ignored by most people. But Woo Young loved it. He likes observing the surrounding circumstances, every pedestrian, and every car through. 

"I know you called," Woo Young said lightly, "and I'm sorry for not having time to return your call. You are a famous singer, so you certainly know how it feels when your work schedule is so dense that you don't even have time to think about anything else. I had to leave for London next week, so all my work here should be completed before then. " 

"I know you are going to London," interrupted by Jun Ho. "That's why I'm calling you. I need help. " 

"Sure," Woo Young replied without hesitation. 

"Let's say, I want you to appear in my music video."

"Your music video?" 

"Shooting will take place in London. You know who already agrees to become the director?" Without waiting for an answer, Jun Ho continued, " Park Jin Young. And because I know you're going to go to London to work with him, I think we don't need to look for another male model. You're the perfect model for the music video. What do you think?"

Woo Young sighed, pretending to surrender. "Do I have any other choice?" 

"No," said Jun Ho, laughing. "Ok. That means we have agreed. Oh yes, Woo Young, just so you know, your face will not be captured throughout the music video. Only the female model that will be highlighted throughout the video."

Woo Young's eyebrows lifted. "What? But why?" 

"I think you're too good-looking for my music video," quipped Jun Ho. "But calm down, although only your back or part of your back of the head is visible, the whole Korea will know that Woo Young starred in a music video of the great singer Lee Jun Ho. If you don't mind, please talk to Director Bang. He will make the concept for the music video." 

Woo Young exaggeratedly sighs, but his mouth smiling. "Lee Jun Ho, I'm a busy man, both here and in London later. So, tell me, why should I spend my valuable time to appear in your music video if my handsome face is not going to be visible?" 

Ignoring the question that Woo Young just ask, Jun Ho instead countered, "Busy? You mean busy courting?" Then he chuckled. "When are you going to introduce your girlfriend to me?"

Woo Young's eyebrows raised in surprise. "What do you mean? My girlfriend?" 

"The girl that I saw out of the restaurant in Gangnam with you yesterday night. What makes you so busy lately?" Woo Young's eyes narrowed to remember what happened yesterday evening. and some before the incident that happened yesterday night.

"She's not my girlfriend." 

"Oh, come on." 

"She's ... not ... my girlfriend," Woo Young repeated, emphasizing what he said. "After all ... what is this? You have turned into a journalist or what?" 

Jun Ho laughs. "Hey, I'm just asking." 

When the office door opened Woo Young turned around to see who it is. His eyes focused on a woman who has a slender and short hair that stood in the doorway and she had stared with her raised eyebrows. Woo Young is convinced that it's his sister, surprisingly she appears here without any notice. He raised a hand, without a sound greeting his sister, and a brief smile, a smile that has made a lot of girls devastated. 

"I have to go now. We'll talk again, " said Woo Young on the phone. Without waiting for Jun Ho's answer he hangs up the phone, shoved it into his jeans pocket, then turned toward her sister. "Noona, you should talk to Mom," he immediately said without further preamble.

Tiffany, who was taking off her hat, stop in motion and stare to her brother in surprise, then smiled. "Good morning, my brother dear," she said while combing her hair with fingers. "And what I have to discuss with her?"

 Tiffany is three years older than Woo Young. They both have interesting faces favored by photographers, both have a tall and slender body shape preferred by fashion designers, also have the same eloquence that makes people who they work with as them. All that which made them famous model. Tiffany is the first fashion model who spends her time running in on the catwalk around the world. But since five years ago she began to be known as a fashion designer and her boutiques are now scattered in Seoul and Tokyo. 

Woo Young groaned and slumped in an armchair in front of the table that Tiffanys is sitting in. "Noona, I need to talk to you," he said again, but this time his voice sounds depressed. "Mom just can't keep trying to match me with her friend's daughter. It was too much. Why is she so suddenly so eager to find me a girlfriend? Just to let you know, lately, I have been very busy and don't have time to mess around." 

If his sister is better known as a catwalk model, then Woo Young is known as an advertising model. His face was often seen in magazines and advertisements on television. According to the survey on one of the most popular teen magazines, Woo Young is one of the most desirable commercial models in South Korea, although lately, he began to focus on his other dream, to become a director of a music video. 

Tiffany smiled broadly and examine the letters that are placed neatly on the desk. "I think mom's blind date that she arranged for you last night did not go smoothly? You don't like her?" 

Woo Young leaned forward, with a  serious face. "Do you believe it if I told you that girl just graduated from high school?" 

Tiffany widened her eyes as she stares at her brother, then burst out laughing. "Omo, mom have gone too far this time. " 

Woo Young sighed heavily and leaned back into his chair. "What's her next plan? Why does she want me to get married soon? I don't understand. Noona, you must stop her. If not, I'll go mad." 

"Why don't you talk to her instead?"

"I've tried it, she won't listen to me," said Woo Young. "Her reasoned is that she just wanted to help me because I was too busy working and have no time to socialize. She also said that I should appreciate her efforts." He paused, then looked at his sister with narrowed eyes. 

Tiffany looked at his brother who was distressed that the tingling mingled pity. "After three tries, I guess she'll give up. " 

Woo Young shook his head quickly. "Oh, I guess not. Yesterday she asked me what's my ideal type. So, it's much easier for her to search for the right woman for me. I'm sure she still hasn't given up yet. " 

"So what did you tell her?" This time, Woo Young smiled a little.

"I told her we will continue our conversation after I got back from London." Tiffany raised her eyebrows. "Oh, you're going to London?" Woo Young hasn't told her that he would go to London to work with Park Jin Young, a famous music video director in Korea. Although director Parkalready settled in London with his family, sometimes he's still actively working in Korea. Woo Young had some time to collaborate with director Parkin the making of music videos and he also admires director Bang.  

"I'm leaving next week," said Woo Young. 

"Mom will be irritable about this," said Tiffany with a small smile and leaned back to the chair. "She never felt calm when you go overseas. Moreover, this time, you will be working with director Bang. You must be long enough to stay there. Did you tell Mom about this? " 

Woo Young grinned. "Oh, yes. Mom complained too much and sound very disappointed. But that's okay. The important thing is, I could escape from her for a while. "

 


London, England

One week later


Ji Eun Lee opened her eyes that were heavy, then she raised her hand to cover her eyes and groaned softly. Sunlight coming through the window of her bedroom. She yawned as she relaxes her arms and legs with a position that is still lying in bed. Then, she forces herself to roll out of bed. She walks with steps to the desk in front of the window to turn off the table lamp that is still lit up and looked out the window. Not usually the London skyline looks bright. Looks like spring been waiting for has arrived. Ji Eun opened the window and breathed in, filling the lungs and the whole body is still weak with the spirit of spring. But because the air was still cold, Ji Eun quickly closes the window and rubbed her hands together. Suddenly her eyes directed to the small clock on the table and she gasped.

"Oh, dear," she moaned.

She ran to the bedroom door and opened it with a quick jolt. She surprised her flatmates who were sitting, chatting in the kitchen, right outside her bedroom. "What the ...? What happened?"

She was tall, bespectacled, and has long red hair, holding a cup of coffee with both hands, staring at Ji Eun with eyebrows raised in surprise. Although her appearance this morning is not likely you can tell- striped pajamas, robes greatness, unkempt hair, and face sleepy- Park Ji Yeon is younger than Ji Eun, is the daughter of a wealthy businessman who prefers to pursue her dream of becoming a stage actress rather than going to university and be a smart girl. And for several years she is indeed often performing on the stage in the West End, though only got small roles. 

"I'm late ...," said Ji Eun in panic as she ran to the bathroom to the side kitchen. "I have a music video to film today and I'm late." 

Ji Yeon waved her hand and said, "You're too much, Ji Eun. You're never late. At most, you just overslept ten minutes. And I know you came home late last night." She took another sip of her coffee and sighed grimly. "I feel sorry for people like the three of us who still have to work on this beautiful Saturday. " 

Ji Eun calls for something that can not be understood from the bathroom because she was busy brushing her teeth.

"Hey, honey, you want a la Nichkhun-style waffles with homemade applesauce?" asked by a man who is tall, slim, with black hair sitting in front Ji Yeon. "You know my artificial apple butter can make you feel like in hovering in the sky." 

Park Nichkhun, who is originally from Edinburgh, Scotland, profession as a chef in one of the famous restaurants in Soho, although when they first met, Ji Eun thought he is a thug because Nichkhun has dragon tattoos and a snake along his right arm. Nevertheless, Ji Eun must admit that she had never met a thug who has eyes like Nichkhun. Blue eyes which are blue, eyes that can make any woman who stared suddenly at him can not think of anything. But unfortunately, Nichkhun is not interested in women. 

Just then the bathroom door open with a loud voice and Ji Eun darted back into the bedroom, followed by the sound of the closet door opened with rowdy and hangers falling to the floor. "Please don't panic, dear," said Nichkhun sitting in the kitchen. "You could injure yourself in there if you blindly do it like that." 

Then, they hear a loud thud, followed by Ji Eun's voice that cried, "I did not fall! Chill Out. I did not fall. I am fine." Both Nichkhun and Ji Yeon shrugged. A few minutes later, Ji Eun reappeared from behind the door of the room. She was fully dressed down to the boots and hat. 

"By the way," said Ji Yeon, "whose music video are you appearing to?" Ji Eun shrugged. 

"A singer from Korea. I don't know, " she said with a wave of the hand telling me that it doesn't matter.

"What interested me was the concept of the music video. They made it like a short film." 

Ji Yeon turned to stare at Ji Eun, her green eyes shining. "Is it a romantic story?" she asked, then sighed happily. "I love romantic stories." 

Ji Eun sighed impatiently. "I think the story is about a man who is secretly in love with a woman. Always watching from afar. Secretly always help her without ever showing who he is. Approximately like that, " she said. 

"Hmm ... Isn't it romantic?" Ji Yeon sighed and looked at Nichkhun, who is staring at her and nodded in agreement. 

"I think it's a little scary," grumbled Ji Eun. "Just think of it, he is quietly watching the woman from afar, secretly help her without showing his face. Doesn't it sound like the man is insane? "

" Jeez,  " Nichkhun muttered, shaking his head. "I hope the director of the video won't regret what he already chose. You're supposed to be a movie star, not a horror star." 

Ji Eun smiled and pushed Nichkhun's shoulder playfully. "All right, I'll go first."

"You sure you don't want to eat a piece of Nichkhun-style waffles with applesauce?" Nichkhun asked, handing his plate full of waffles. "You know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You're pretty thin now. Don't let yourself turn into bone runs like a person sitting in front of me. " 

"Aigoo, look who's talking," Ji Yeon said as she rolled her eyes. "The most skinny chef in the world." Nichkhun grinned. "My body doesn't get fat even though I eat a lot. While you two are emaciated because you guys don't eat."   

"A model is supposed to be skinny," Ji Eun muttered as she fumbled the her bag, making sure all the important items are already in. Wallet. Phone. "What?" Asked Nichkhun, didn't hear what Ji Eun muttered. "It's okay." Ji Eun looked at him and smiled broadly.

"I don't have time to eat breakfast. Now its ..., " she glanced at her wristwatch and gasped, "... oh, dear. Looks like I have to run along the way up to the station. Bye!" Without waiting for a reply from her friends, Ji Eun ran down the stairs from their flat on the second floor and out into the street. She glanced at his watch once again. O-oh. Yes, she certainly had to run to the train station. 

It's been nearly three years since she first arrived in London and since she moved here she had stayed with Ji Yeon and Nichkhun at the Hampstead located on the outskirts of London. She shared the flat with Ji Yeon and Nichkhun that is located just above the Robin's Nest, a traditional Irish pub that has stood since ancient times. Although sometimes voices could be heard from the pub up to the bedroom if the windows are opened, Ji Eun didn't mind. The flat which they occupy is not too big, but enough for three peopleJi Eun never liked living alone. Her twin sister, Joo Hyun , is always there with her until when Ji Eun decided to move from Tokyo. Sometimes she is worried about Joo Hyun because her twin sister is also not used to being alone. But they have neighbors who are very good in Tokyo and after reading some E-mail from Joo Hyun involving a new neighbor in the apartment building, Ji Eun feels she doesn't need to worry about Joo Hyun again. 

Forty-five minutes later, Ji Eun has arrived on set for that day and had to sit in a temporary tent to set up in one corner of Hyde Park, one of the most famous Parks in London, near Serpentine Lake. Ji Eun looked around and see a bunch of Korean people.

The surrounding look of the production staff who are busy with their tasks, walking quickly from one place to another, carrying something, putting something, and exclaiming on one another in a foreign language that she doesn't understand. Ji Eun is Korean-Japanese blood. Her father came from Seoul and her mother is Japanese. Although her father gave her and her sister a Korean name, their family has lived in Japan since her parents were married. So, Ji Eun doesn’t understand Korean that well. She only speaks Japanese and English.

"Here's your tea." Ji Eun looked over and saw her makeup stylist-who introduced himself as Yoon-stretched the steaming cup of fragrant tea. Her smile expands. At that time she remembered that she had no time to eat breakfast and her stomach suddenly growled. She received the tea, sip, then sighed happily when the warmth of the tea coursed through , chest, and hands. 

"You're hungry?" asked Yoon in an English accent. "Want to eat this?" Ji Eun looked at the box of donuts proffered to her face.

"Thank you very much. You are my savior, " she said as she took a piece of chocolate-covered donut. A model is supposed to be thin, but the models are not supposed to die of starvation.

"By the way, have you met your partner for this music video?" asked Yoon when she began to curl Ji Eun's hair with large rollers.

"Not yet. I've never met him. I even don't know his name, " she said and took another sip from her really good tea. 

"Jeon Woo Young, that's his name." Ji Eun stopped munching her donut. 

Yoon looked around. "Where is he right now? I met him earlier." she sighed and rolled back Ji Eun's hair. "Just to let you know, but he's very famous in Korea. Often he stares in commercials and music videos." Because Ji Eun didn't say anything, Yoon added, "No need to worry. He is very kind. Oh, and also he's very handsome, really handsome. If you see him later, I'm sure you're going to faint." 

Ji Eun is still silent. She looked down at her steaming black tea. Suddenly, Yoon patted her shoulder. "Hey, look. that's him!" Yoon whispered, urgently. Ji Eun's head rotates slowly and her eyes caught the sight of a man wearing a gray jacket and a white hat, standing outside the tent. Then, the man removed his hat and say hello to the people who surround him with a smile, shaking hands, and bowing to some people.

"Oops! Be careful. You almost spill your tea." Ji Eun blinked in surprise and realized that the paper cup that she was holding almost detached from her grasp. "Oh, dear. Sorry, " she mumbled slowly. 

"As I was saying, you almost fainted." Ji Eun turns around and looks in the mirror. But she still could see Woo Young's shadow. Just as he turned around and saw Yoon raised a hand that was holding a comb, then shouted, "Hey, Woo Young!" 

Ji Eun froze. Oh, no ...

Woo Young turned toward them. Ji Eun's direction. When the moment their eyes met in the mirror. The man's eyes as if he is looking straight into Ji Eun's eyes. Just only second, before Ji Eun hastily looked away, staring Yoon who is beaming at her in the mirror.

"He's here," said Yoon. "I'll introduce you to him." 

Ji Eun could not breathe. She gripped her chair arm tightly. 

Oh, God ...

 


The first chapter is up. Let me know what you guys think about the comment box. Thank you ^^ 
Credits to Ilana Tan and Joo Hyunmushimushi for the picture <3