Rumor Has It

Playlist

Happy New Year my loves!

 

A short one for everyone. Cheers to new beginnings! Cheers to T-ara!

 

--------------

 

Rumor Has It

 

Breaking New: Hyomin Rumored to be dating a media CEO

“Oh my gosh!!!” Sso sat down still holding onto her phone. “This is going to be messy.” She knew that this rumor is not true. Or even if it is, the timing of this rumor is just impeccable. Just right after Hyomin announced the members departure from the company, this rumor has surfaced. It’s been days since the other members’ contract expired yet there were not even any announcement. Hyomin had to make the announcement herself.

Why would she even be worried? She is sure that Hyomin can handle this. Besides, she knew the fans are there to support Hyomin and the rest of 6-ara. It’s really obvious that the fans will never leave them. The fans love them and they love the fans so much in return.

Going back to why reaction was like that… it is because she knew the people…wait scratch that… rather, the girls who love Hyomin so dearly will never let this pass. It will be non-stop phone calls and texts for her. She knew any better than to expect less of being a Hyomin hotline. She recounts the countless incidents that it had happened. In fact, even the slightest incident where Hyomin stumbled into an old friend was such a nightmare for Soyeon. Imagine 9 angry girls all calling her non-stop. In these times, she just wanted to throw her phone away and lock herself away from the civilization. But she knew that even if she hides away to the farthest cave, these 9 girls will have a way to find her and interrogate her especially when it comes to Hyomin.

“Hmm… well that’s a surprise…” Sso commented. Her phone has not ring yet. It’s been 8 minutes since the news broke. After an hour, 2 hours, … 5 hours, still no call nor text. Sso was sure that her phone is not broken. She tried to call Jiyeon just to see if her phone is broken and maybe to see if the situation was really happening to her. "Does this mean that I'm really retired?" Soyeon said expectanty.

“Hi Unnie! We are on our way to your place.” Jiyeon greeted.

“We?” Sso aasked.

“We as in us. T-ara!” Jiyeon announced as if she was promoting.

“What? Why you guys didn’t tell me ahead?”

“I did. Just now.”

“Yah!” Sso could only shout at the youngest girl. She sighed. Just like old times but she sure do miss this. “Arasso but let me call Boram.”

“No need. She’s with us and it’s her idea to crash your place.”

“What?”

“See you Unnie!” Ji immediately hung up the phone.

“Yah! These rascals.”

Another news came out saying that the rumor about Hyomin dating a media CEO was denied. “Whoa that was fast.”

It was indeed fast but surprisingly, no one has called or bothered her about this. Normally even the smallest trivia or anything about Hyomin was heard, her phone would be ringing non-stop.

The girls arrived and they were talking about how each other were doing. They all laughed at Hyomin’s rumor and how it died so easily. They knew that there could only be one responsible being behind this.

“I knew that we should have expected this but this is just so fast. They are starting to attack us. Hyo you have been the target since you released the statement.” Eunjung said.

“Someone has to.” Hyomin replied nonchalantly.

“I doubt they even plan to make any announcement should Hyomin didn’t.” Qri agreed.

“Omo have you girls heard this?” Boram announced showing the news how MBK had applied for the T-ara’s trademark.”

The girls sighed. They it was not going to be easy and this only proves that their former employer can be such a pain.

“We’ll figure this out. One step at a time.” Sso said. Just like old times when they were 6-ara. Well they still are. No matter what, they will always be T-ara.

The others were ordering food when suddenly Sso’s phone rings. “Oh, I thought the day was going to pass without anyone calling me. Hmmm… doesn’t she know? Maybe she just woke up.” Soo then answered the call. “Anyeong, Sica”

“Anyeong Sso Unnie! I called to greet you a happy new year!” The one and only ice princess Jessica Jung greeted her cheerfully.

Soyeon had to check her phone if it was really Sica. “Thanks Sica. Happy New Year too.” Sso greeted back. She was surprise how cheerful Sica is. Maybe it's because it is a new year. But Sica seemed to have something more to share or ask. “Is this about Hyomin?”

“How do you know?” Sica asked in a "surprised" tone.

“When is it not about her?”

“Unnie about the news…” Sica started.

“Haven’t you read the news? It has been denied.” Sso cut Sica off.

“I know Unnie. I read all of them. But it’s not completely false.” Sica said.

“Huh?” Sso kept wondering how is that Sica is calm about this. 

“It’s not completely true but it’s not a complete lie as well. I know because I was there.” Sica explained further.

“Wait what? Are you saying you knew about the rumor?"

"Yes. but it was not me who spread it."

"No wonder you seem calm about this. Areyou part of the wine group?”

“Haha! Unnie there is no such thing. That’s why it is so funny. What happened was I was invited to this winery by a friend. The host invited a bunch of people for publicity. I knew Hyomin was going so I agreed to go as well."

“How did you know….?” Sso was going to ask how Sica knew Hyomin’s schedule but stopped at asking such stupid question. Obviously, Sica would know such trivial matter.

“At the winery, I saw Hyomin. We went around the wine factory. One staff offered to give us a private tour.”

“Wait so you are saying that the rumor about Hyomin dating a media CEO… and that they met in the winery. So you knew the CEO..."

Sica giggled. Sso knew that Sica is blushing hard. “Unnie….” Yup definitely Sica is blushing and feeling all giddy. “Unnie didn’t I tell you that the rumor is not true… but not a complete lie.”

“So what are you saying? Omo! don't tell me that... you are the CEO?!””

“Well according to the rumors. Yes. But Hyomin and I are not dating…yet…”

“Sica, the rumor said a media CEO.”

“Unnie, I am no longer a girl group member. I own a company. How do you think I introduce myself?”

Sso was stunned for a few moments. Right, Sica is no longer a girl group member but a CEO of her company. Soyeon could only shake her head at Sica. This girl was ahead of the others and she can’t help but call on to brag. She wonders if Sica had went to brag about this to the others.

*beep

*beep

*beep

Beep after beep. That was the cue for Soyeon to know that Sica has let the others know which why her phone has started “working” again. How she wished she had not known. “Oh why was I even curious?! Park Soyeon, you never learn. You should have known any better than to ask!” Sso scold herself and decided to switch her phone off.

“Unnie, who are you talking to?” Hyomin asked she saw Sso switching her phone off urgently like a mad person.

Speaking of the…  “No one in particular. Say, why don’t we switch off all our phones. Even just for the rest of the night?” Sso offered to which Hyomin quickly agreed. Hyomin went to the other members who also agreed.

Hyomin went back to Sso, “Unnie the members all agreed to switch off our phones for the rest of the night.”

Sso smiled. It was just like old times. They are all back together as one… as T-ara. Just like old times.