Just Give Me A Reason

Playlist

Just Give Me A Reason

 

Got sidetracked again haha. I just wanted something light and fluffy like how i usually write. hehe. though this is a complicated love story. i was thinking of making it a short story but decided to make this a shot. Love triangles are always sad especially when you are torn who you want them to end up with. like with eunminyeon (though i always prefer minyeon) for snsd, there is yutisic. So here Hyomin is with SNSD yultisic love triangle with minyeon and sunbyung. complicated right? haha 

--

Jessica sat on the bench in the park. What she witnessed earlier only broke her heart more. If that is even possible. What else can she expect? She was the one who left Yuri in the first place. She had only hoped that Yuri would have waited for her. That Yuri would still love her. That Yuri will welcome her back with open arms. But she was wrong. Yuri has Tiffany now. Her friend, her close friend whom she also left 3 years ago.

Flashback

Jessica walked towards Yuri. Yuri has been avoiding her ever since she came back.

“Yuri” She called Yuri who was with Tiffany.

“What do you want Jessica?”

“I wanted to talk to you.”

Yuri looked back at Tiffany asking what to do. Tiffany nodded telling her to talk to Jessica. Tiffany has loved Yuri for 2 years. Tiffany had a broken heart and at that time because Nickhun left her. Both being dumped, she and Yuri depended and leaned on each other during those rough days. Little by little they fell in love. Tiffany knew that this day will come… the day that Jessica will come back. She knew that Sica still has feelings for her ex. The way Sica looks at Yuri tells everything. But Tiffany knew that Yuri and Jessica have to talk. Of course Tiffany is afraid that she might lose Yuri after this. Fany was about to leave when Yuri held on her. She smiled and mouth ‘It’ll be ok’ to Yuri. She lied because deep inside Fany was scared whether she’ll be ok.

“About what?” Yuri asked after Fany left.

“About us”

“There is no us, Sica. No more.”

“I know leaving you is the worst decision I’ve made. I came here… I came back… I came back for you.”

“What do you want Sica?” Yuri asked. She was confused. She cannot understand herself. She thought she had moved on from Sica. It took her years to finally move on. She thought she loves Tiffany now. But what’s this? Sica still has an effect on her. “You left me 3 years ago without any goodbye or anything. You didn’t even contact me! I thought we were doing great but what happened? You left. You left me. I was hurt Sica. I kept on thinking what I must have done to make you leave me. Did you really love me?”

“Yuri…”

“You know what? It was Tiffany. She was the one who was there when I have nothing. She was the one who was there when I was about to give up. She was there when you chose to left me!”

“I love you Yuri. I’ve always loved you.”

“Then why did you leave?”

“Because my father arranged me to marry someone else.”

“Arrange marriage? Do you expect me to believe that?”

“It’s true. 3 years ago my father told me that I will be engage to someone else when I turn 18 and marry at 21. Everything is set and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. You don’t know how my world crumbled apart when my father told me that. I didn’t know what to do. I was in a situation where I have to choose between my family and you. I wanted to tell you but I didn’t want to drag you into my family’s mess. So I ran away. But my family found me and… I got engage. Yuri, I love you. I really do. It was the only thing that I was holding onto all these years.”

“Why are you telling me all this now?” Yuri was shock by Sica’s confession. She always wanted to know the reason why Sica left her. She thought once she knew the truth, things will be better. But it wasn’t. It only got worse. She’s more confused now. She wanted to hug Sica who is crying. It must have been worse for her keeping all these feelings to herself.

“Because I am willing to fight… to fight for my happiness… to fight for you.”

“Why now?” Yuri asked with tears threatening to fall.

“Huh?”

“Why do just tell me now? You should have told me these 3 years ago. Didn’t you think I can handle it? Didn’t you trust us, our love? Yes, we might have been younger but Sica, you could have trusted me. Yet you chose to run away. And now I love Tiffany”

Sica watched as Yuri wiped her tears and left. She went to follow Yuri but what she saw broke her heart. Yuri was crying into Fany’s embrace.

End of Flashback

“I’m a pabo. She’s right I should have told her in the first place. Maybe if I have told her instead of running away, maybe… maybe…” Sica was talking to herself.

“Maybe things would have been better and you wouldn’t be sitting in this bench asking ‘what ifs’. And yes, you are a pabo.”

Jessica looked up to the rude intruder only to find a milkshake shoved into her face. She took the milkshake and sip. Strawberry her favorite. The rude intruder gave her a dorky grin before seating next to her trying to take the milkshake from Sica.

“Yah! Isn’t this for me?” Sica asked while still trying to hold on to her milkshake.

“No. that’s mine you never asked me to buy you one.”

Sica pout and hand the milkshake to the intruder. She really wanted that milkshake. “I thought you bought it for me.”

“Arasso. But can I just take a sip? I want some too.”

Sica had a big smile on her face. “Thanks, Hyominnie. You’re the best. Ok, let’s share.”

“So… what happened earlier? Why were you crying? Why were you calling yourself a pabo?”

Sica like how Hyomin is sensitive to the people around her. And how Hyomin’s positive outlook tried t encourage her. If there is anything, she is happy that she has Hyomin all this time. “I told her everything…”

“And?”

“And?”

“You told Yuri everything and then what happened?”

Sica told everything that happened earlier to Hyomin who listened intently.

“Hmm… you and Yuri were the perfect couple like Brangelina without the kids. And then you learn from your father that you were set for arrange marriage. You have no choice because it was decided by the elders. If you didn’t go through this wedding then your family will be in trouble but you cannot let go of Yuri. So instead of making a decision, you chose to run away. Now you are back to get Yuri who happened to be with your friend Tiffany. As much as you don’t want to hurt anyone especially the people you are close with, you don’t want to lose Yuri. And then there is still that stupid arrange marriage.” Hyomin summarized.

“Wow when you say it that way, you make me seem so weak and stupid.”

“You said that not me.”

Sica hit Hyomin in the arm.

“Ouch… why you hit so hard?” Hyomin complained as she rubbed her arm. “Sica, your life is so complicated and tangled. It’s like a drama series or something. No one would ever want to be in your shoes.”

“Look who’s talking. If I know any better your life is just as complicated as mine.” Sica teased.

Hyomin rolled her eyes.

“Let me elaborate.” Sica started trying to mock what Hyomin did to her earlier. “You had feelings for Sunny for who knows how long. Your best friend Jiyeon also had a huge crush on Sunny. The two of you used to compete for Sunny’s affection. Then your family moved out 2 years ago. Now you came back still having those strong feelings for Sunny. But then you found out that Sunny and Jiyeon are together. Instead of being mad at your best friend, Jiyeon, you’re starting to have these confusing feelings towards her. Need I say more?”

“You forgot to mention that we are engage because my brother who is your original fiancée has gone MIA. And since my family has to produce a fiancée for you, we got engage. Surprisingly, the elders agreed to it.  I could never understand them.”

“Me either.” Sica agreed. “Hyomin, what are we doing?”

“I don’t know about you but I am trying to find a way to not get married to you.”

“Yah I’m being serious here.”

“We are trying to fight for our happiness. A chance to be with the ones we truly love. And at the same time defying the elders.”

“Ahh! This !”

Hyomin giggled at Sica.

“Why does it have to be Yuri?! Why do I have to be in love with Yuri?”

“You tell me.” Hyomin replied giggling. “Maybe because you met Yuri before me.” She replied jokingly.

“Not true. Did you forget? We knew each other since we were kids. We always play together.”

“That’s not what I meant, Sica. We were kids back then. We didn’t know anything about love.”

“Maybe you don’t but I do.”

“Really? Even when you were young you knew what love is?”

“Yes, I’ve always like you. Why do you think I always play with you?”

“I thought the other kids are just scared of you. Hehe. Seriously? You’re already into girls even when we were kids?”

“I don’t think so. I just like having you around among anyone else.”

“Aww me too. I always look forward spending the time with you.”

“You didn’t know how sad I was when you stop coming on weekends. I cried for weeks.”

“My family kept on moving because of my father’s job. It was a bummer. I was always looking forward meeting you but when I met you again, you had this ice princess aura. You were so unapproachable.”

“Me? Unapproachable? I was waiting for you to greet me but all the time you were sticking to Sunny.”

“While Yuri is always trying to win you over.”

“We had our own lives.”

“Yeah we do. Until we cross paths again almost a year ago.”

“All along, I thought I had escaped when I ran away. But all the time, my father had me followed. And when it was time for the engagement, he came to pick me up.”

“We thought my brother was fine getting engage with you. When my parents told him, he received it well. But then last year he met someone and fall madly inlove. Honestly, I helped him escape.”

“Mwo? Do you really want to get married to me that much?” Sica teased.

“Ani. My brother was really torn. He begged my parents to call off the wedding but my parents hands are tied because it was already decided by the elders. The night before the engagement meeting, my brother came to my room asking me to give the letter to his girlfriend. Seeing my brother like that, I helped him escaped. I told him that if he escaped and I was the only one left then there will be no wedding. My parents will not be in trouble since they had no knowledge about it.”

“But your plan backfired.”

“How would I know that the elders will permit a girl to girl wedding?! I thought they were conservative with all the ‘elder’s decision is absolute’ and primitive arrange marriage belief.”

“The look on your face was really priceless” Sica was laughing as she remembered Hyomin’s reaction the moment the elders decided to have Hyomin and Sica engage. “But I’m glad it was you.”

“Don’t tell me you are falling for me?”

Sica hit Hyomin’s arm.

“Oww… why do you always hit my arm?”

“Because you always tease me.”

“I can’t help it. You told me I was your childhood love so I wasn’t sure whether your feelings for me return.” Hyomin teased further.

“Seriously I am happy it’s you. I mean even if our plan to call off the wedding doesn’t succeed, it’ll be alright because it’s you I am going to spend the rest of my life with.”

“Why do you sound like you’ve given up already? What about me? Do you think I’ll be alright with spending the rest of my life with a certain ice princess? Only Yuri can do that.”

Sica knew that Hyomin is just trying to lift up her mood. “But Yuri seems happy with Tiffany. Like you I don’t want to hurt anyone. I don’t want to come in between them. But I can still see in Yuri’s eyes that there is still something left for me to hold on to her.”

“Then don’t lose that something and hold on to it tightly.”

“I’ve been trying to hold on for months and if there is anything, I just kept on having my heart broken.”

“It’s because you get yourself into a complicated love triangle. I’ve never want to be in that situation.”

“But you’re also in a love triangle with Sunny and Jiyeon.”

“Mine is different. It’s one sided. It’s like I’m trying to ruin a perfect relationship. And I’ve decided that I don’t want to be that person. That’s why I’m leaving them alone to be happy.”

Sica leaned her head to Hyomin’s shoulder. “I’m tired” She tired of everything. Why does she have to chase so hard for her happiness? It’s unfair.

“Shssh. You’re just sleepy.” Hyomin said also leaning her head to Sica’s.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

Earlier before Hyomin met Sica

Jiyeon POV

Jiyeon watched with jealousy as Hyomin leave a comment on Sunny’s page. She didn’t mean to peek. Ok she did mean it. The other girl was seating on the bench and must have not notice that Jiyeon has returned from buying ice cream. Jiyeon eat her ice cream in silence. She was sulking but she cannot deny that the ice cream tastes good. But still it was not enough to take away her jealousy.

I can’t believe her. I just went away for a second and then I find her checking out Sunny unnie’s page. I guess she still hasn’t forgotten about Sunny unnie. Who am I kidding? We both had a crush on Sunny unnie. We were even competing for her attention back then.

“Stop it Jiyeon ah.” She called my attention.

I stopped eating the ice cream and looked at Hyomin. “Huh?”

“Stop being jealous.” She said.

I was taken aback. How can she know how I feel? Am I too obvious?

“Yes you are obviously jealous and don’t try to deny it.” She said looking straight at me. How can she be so sure herself when I didn’t even say anything?

“I know you too well Jiyeon ah.” I smile upon hearing her words. “Even if we’ve been apart for 2 years, you’re still the same Jiyeon ah I knew too well.”

I’m happy that even though we didn’t see each other after 2 years, she still remembers me and can see right through me. I never really treated her right especially when we were younger. We both had a crush on Sunny unnie and we will be competing for Sunny’s attention and affection. I was young and foolish. Then Hyomin’s family moved to another place. At first I really didn’t care, at least I can get to spend time with Sunny unnie alone. I thought it would be fun but it was not as fun as without Hyomin. We never really talked about it but I think Sunny unnie agree with what I say. So we hang out less and less since we go to different schools and started meeting new friends. It was only recently when Hyomin came back that the three of us started to reconnect again.

“There’s nothing to be jealous about. Sunny is just a friend. So stop sulking and eat your ice cream.”

“Neh.” I answered and started eating my ice cream.

“Besides, I would never ruin or even come in between you and Sunny.”

I stopped eating my ice cream. Hyomin thinks I’m jealous because of Sunny unnie?! Oh yes, I forgot to tell, Hyomin thinks Sunny unnie and I are in a relationship. When we are not! I tried to explain to her that she misunderstood but she always caught me and Sunny Unnie in a bad and awkward situation. There is nothing going on between me and Sunny unnie but things always get out of hand and she ends up misunderstanding us. The truth is I like Hyomin. When I saw her again in the dorm, I had this weird feeling in my heart. We became roommates and since then my feelings started growing for her.

Yes, I am jealous earlier but it was because of her! I knew she had a crush on Sunny unnie before. I’m not sure if she still has feeling for the shorter girl. And speaking of the shorter girl, Sunny unnie now has feelings for Hyomin! Now, it’s me and Sunny unnie that is competing for Hyomin’s feelings. And maybe that’s why Hyomin has misunderstood us. I feel frustrated. I wanted to confess to her how I really feel.

Hyomin got a message. “Jiyeon ah, I have to go somewhere. See you later.”

--