Hold on to the Nights

Playlist

Another random idea. As you can see, there is no title yet. Feel free to give a title that you think suits this chapter. (it must be a title of a song)  ;)

Hold on to the Nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBmNTLxclXE

Title by water_rid. Thank you!

 

“Unnie” Hyomin greeted as she sit down the couch beside Qri who is watching tv.

“Oh Hyomin? What are doing here?”

“Hmm… Last time I check, I am a T-ara member.”

“I know that. What I meant was, are you staying in our dorm?”

“Yup.”

“For the concert.” She looked at Hyomin and both understood and grinned at each other. In two days they will start the preparation for their Christmas concert. The members will usually stay together at the dorm during their comebacks and concerts. They just came back from China so they are given a few days break before they began practicing til late.

“What are you doing here alone? Where are the others?”

“Ssoram went out. Eunjung will be staying at her house. And Jiyeon is filming The Show”

“Why didn’t you go with them?”

“I have other plans.”

“To stay at the dorm and watch all night?”

“Ani. I am going out later to meet my friends for some drinks.”

“Have you eaten dinner?” Qri shook her head. “Let’s call for delivery.”

Now they are seated on the floor instead of the couch because it is more comfortable. They are eating while watching tv. Qri watch as Hyomin began attacking the food. The younger girl can eat a lot and still maintain her figure though Hyomin still has to discipline herself because of her image. She knew that Hyomin just came from the gym.

“Sorry Unnie, I am just so hungry.”

“It’s ok. You just look like you’ve not been fed for days.”

“Haha. It’s just that it’s one of those times when we can eat anything we want. Like when a soldier will eat anything he wants before he goes out to war.”

“Hahaha arasso.” Qri said and Hyomin just give her a wide grin. Everybody knows that Hyomin is a dork. Her antics never fail to make her laugh.

They are still seated on the floor facing the tv and in between them is the cake they are sharing.

“How are you Unnie?” Hyomin asked still looking straight ahead.

Qri think for a while then answered, “I am enjoying this short break before going to ‘war’” referencing to Hyomin’s choice of words earlier making the latter smile.

“Are you excited?” Hyomin asked making Qri face her. Hyomin faced the older girl and continued, “I mean, Sugar Free, Little Apple, China, fan meeting and finally we are having our Christmas concert here. Finally…”

“Finally things are getting better…” Qri finished Hyomin’s words.

Hyo nodded her head saying that her unnie got what she means. “I am just afraid to say it outloud. I’m afraid that I might jinx it if do. I’m just afraid that everything we build will start crumbling again and…”

“We’re not gonna let that happen, aren’t we?” Qri said. Hyomin looked at her and she continued, “The queens helped us stand back on our feet. So we have to return the favor by giving the best we can starting by giving them the best Christmas concert.”

“You are definitely right, Unnie. That’s why I admire you.”

“Because I am right?”

“Yes and also because you are a good leader.”

Am i? I haven’t really done anything big for our group. People think I am just a display or a trophy leader. Qri wanted to say that but she does not want to rant her insecurities to Hyomin so she just went back to look at the tv.

“You may not be as strong as Eunjung or as cute as Boram unnie or as outspoken as Soyeon unnie but you also have your strength as T-ara’s Leader. Eunjung’s strength has kept us together and in place when we were debuting. We all hold onto her. Boram unnie kept us together despite having a new member addition. She also made everything cute and funny. Me? I just dork around. Haha. Soyeon unnie’s voice guided us during the controversy. You, unnie, your little ways have kept pushing us to keep doing our best when we feel discouraged and down. Your soft voice keeps giving us strength just like now. You have encouraged me. In short, you are a silent slave driver”

“Hahaha thanks. You should also give yourself credit. You helped T-ara became popular and loved.” Qri was really touched by Hyomin’s words. The other just smile at her.

Just then Jiyeon came in. “Hello! I’m back! Oh… Hyomin unnie, Qri unnie. Where are the others?”

“They are out.” Hyomin answered Jiyeon who sat on the couch. “It’s just us.”

Qri forgot about her meeting with her friend. She enjoyed being with Hyomin. “I’m surprise the two of you are here.”

“Ah Hyomin unnie told me that she is here and will be staying here til the concert so I also want to stay here too.” Jiyeon answered.

“Have you eaten?” Hyomin asked. Jiyeon nodded her head yet still she reached for Hyomin’s fork and took a bite on the cake.

“Hyomin unnie…”

“Hmm..”

“I’m sleepy.”

“Then sleep.”

“Unnie… I came here because I also want to spend time with Unnie. Don’t you miss being roommates with me? I miss those days. Usually you are roommate with Qri unnie.”

“Aww our baby dino…” Jiyeon just hug Hyomin. “Qri unnie and I are still watching tv.” Hyomin continued though Qri and her had stopped watching tv earlier.

“It’s ok Hyo. Besides, I need to prepare for meeting my friend.”

“Unnie? You’re meeting a friend this late?” Jiyeon asked.

“Yes, Jiyeonnie, she is actually meeting her fiend for drinks.”

“I see. Have fun unnie.” Jiyeon said and then she pull Hyomin up.

“See you Unnie. Have fun but don’t drink so much.” Hyomin said

“Arasso umma.” Qri answered smiling.

“This was fun. Let’s do this again next time. Goodnight!” Hyomin said as she was being pulled by Jiyeon.

“Goodnight Qri unnie!” Jiyeon said.

“Goodnight” Qri answered. She watched as Hyomin was being pulled by Jiyeon. Just as she thought she will have the time with Hyomin… Who wouldn’t want to spend time with her? She is pretty, hot, funny and talented. That’s why people got attracted to you including me.

You are also humble. Hyomin who always acts dorky and funny and sometimes awkward, you do not know how you have helped T-ara. You do not give yourself the credit that you deserve. You are the most hardworking person I’ve ever known. You gave your heart in everything you do. You gave your best every single day for T-ara.

When you were the leader, T-ara was gaining popularity already. We were getting busier. You always check up on each of everyone of us. You make sure we are alright. And when I was feeling down because I have few lines and because of the haters, you encouraged me.

You always make jokes and be funny. The members will ften ignore you because of your lame jokes. But me, I am always watching you. I know you say them to make us laugh and to lighten up the mood. When you are serious, I also can’t help but watch you. Seeing how you dedicated you are to T-ara and the Queens.

Last time it was Sunny. Now, Jiyeon is always clingy to you. You two are always close especially in China. Even when she was standing next to Eunjung, she still went next to you. Is it fanservice for Minyeon? But there are no fans right now. Does she like you as I do?

Friend: Lee Qri! Where the heck are you?

Oops, I forgot about this again. I better get ready fast.

--

Sso: Qri ah, the two maknaes are in the dorm.

Qri: Yes, I saw them earlier. Hyo arrived before Ji.

Sso: I see. Boram will be sharing the room with me. You can sleep in the other room alone or with us or can stay in your room and share the room with Hyomin and Jiyeon.

Qri: The other room of course. It’s the only one left. How can I possibly share the room with Hyo and Ji when they are already there?

Sso: Well, they are sharing the bed. They must have really missed each other.

Qri: I’ll sleep with you and Boram unnie.

Sso: Ok. Don’t come home so late. Goodnight.

Qri went home and she saw the light in the kitchen was open.

“Oh Unnie, you are back. How was it?” Hyomin ask as she pours a glass of water.

“We chat and had a few drinks.” Qri answered. Hyomin passed her the glass of water. “Thanks.” She drank a bit then gave the glass back to Hyomin who drank the rest.

“Unnie, I’m going back to sleep. Are you?”

“You go ahead. I’m going to wash a bit.”

“Ok” Hyomin started to walk to her room when she went back and hug Qri.

“Hmm?”

“Nothing. When we were talking earlier, I always wanted to do this.” Still hugging Qri she kissed her on the cheeks and said, “You are an amazing leader. Goodnight.” She said and went inside the room.

Smiling, Qri said, “Goodnight.” Just like that, you gave me strength again. You gave me energy. You make my heart beat faster. You made me happy. And you made me smile like an idiot.