Bo Go Ship Da (I Miss You)

Playlist

Bo Go Ship Da (I Miss You) - Hyomin cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRg-AKV4iU4

 

I am sorry! I didn't had the time to sit and write this story. when i had the time, i always end up changing the story. that's why it took me longer to finish this, i kept revising it... hehe. enjoy! :)

 

Chaerin walked inside the elevator and pressed the 15th floor. Ting! She walked in the hallways carefully looking for apartment 1505. She switched the weight of the box she was carrying on her left hand and used the other hand to ring the doorbell.

“Baby Chaerin is here!”

“Taeyeon unnie…” Chaerin barely greeted back because she was being suffocated in a tight hug.

Taeyeon released the hug and gave her a grin. Chaerin followed the older girl inside but only to be enveloped in another tight hug by Tiffany, then Jessica, Yuri too and, of course, by Sunny.

“I’m glad you came.” Sunny said when she released the hug.

“Of course!” Chaerin replied. “Oh here, from Auntie Choi. It’s everyone’s favorite apple pie.” Chaerin continued as she handed the box to Sunny. Everyone cheered when the saw and smelled the delicious pie.

“I see. I’ll send her a message to thank her for this pie. Everyone! Gather around and let’s take a picture to send to Auntie Choi.” Sunny called out.

Everyone gathered around and a picture was taken.

“Where is Sooyoung unnie? I thought she’d be here earlier.” Chaerin asked whe she noticed Sooyoung missing from the bunch.

“Oh she was here but she got a call from the hospital so she had to leave. Don’t worry that shikshin already eaten more than her share so she can definitely work an all nighter.” Sunny explained. “Since everyone is here, let’s eat!”

“Wow did you all cook this?” Chaerin asked.

“Did you really think Sunny will be able to cook all of these or even one dish?” Jessica asked.

Sunny gave Jessica a ‘you-got-the-nerve-to-ask’ kind of look.

“I was thinking more of Taeyeon unnie and Yuri unnie.” Chaerin replied earning a laugh from her unnies.

“Tae and Yuri are good cooks but they cannot possibly be this good. Sunny called for delivery.” Tiffany explained.

Even after they finished eating, the girls are still seated around the dining table chatting nonstop. Chaerin looked around and see boxes that still haven’t been unpacked. She looked back to Sunny and asked, “Unnie, how come you haven’t finished unpacking?”

“Well all these supposed ‘help’ just came here to chat.” Sunny answered.

“Fine we’ll do the dishes.” Replied the four ‘supposed help’.

“Aniyo I was just kidding.” Sunny said while laughing. In the end all of them were doing the dishes.

“How is it living here? It’s been 3 days since you moved.” Chaerin boldly ask her cousin. The rest of the girls were waiting for the ‘right time’ to ask this question. They all knew that this question will touch a very sensitive topic.

“It’s convenient and accessible to everywhere. The apartment is small but I think it’s just good enough for me. I feel like the house is too big for me to live there alone.” Sunny replied as they were talking about the apartment. “It’s a breath of fresh air. This is the place where I can start anew.”

There was this awkward silence. All of them knew that Sunny moved out of their house the day after Hyomin’s visit. She didn’t care clear the pictures scattered around her room. She immediately packed her bags and drove to the city to find an apartment.

“For a woman your size, this is already considered big enough.” Taeyeon said in a teasing tone hoping to break the awkward silence.

“Yah!” Sunny splased some water on Tae making the rest of the girls laugh.

“Look who’s talking.” Jessica commented while laughing.

“Seriously?” Fany is now teasing Jessica.

“Unnies, everyone in this room are danshins. Well, except for me and Yuri unnie.” Chaerin concluded with Yuri gaving her a high-five.

“Yah!” The rest protested. “You know what? The two of you finish this up.” Sunny suggested referring to the dishes which are almost done. The rest agreed and left the maknaes to finish it up. They went to join the rest after they were done.

Tiffany stood up and raised her glass, “To Sunny. To finally moving in her very first rented apartment. For hosting this very lovely dinner, the first of many. And to landing every girl’s dream job as a fashion editor in one of the top magazine in the country. We’re glad to have you back.”

“Cheers!” Everyone stood up and raised their glasses hugging Sunny afterwards.

They all gathered around catching up for those years they have been apart. Jessica is the fashion industry. She launched her own label Blanc & Eclaire. Taeyeon and Tiffany are two of the top singers in Korea. Taeyeon debuted a year before Tiffany. Yuri is a professional singer and model. Sooyoung who was not there to join the game is a doctor who is trying to get her residency in Seoul Hospital. Chaerin just recently graduated but the youngest has interest in pursuing her singing and rapping career. Sunny shared how she got the job in W Magazine. They stayed all night chatting and catching-up.

They were all happy to see Sunny at least trying… trying to smile again and trying to move on. It’s going to be hard for Sunny but they will always be there for her.

--

“Hyomin! Dara! Come in.” Mrs. Choi welcomed them. This will be their second visit to the Chois. Mrs. Choi welcomed them everytime. Dara explained that maybe revisting the house can help Hyomin gain her memory back and Mrs Choi has been very understanding especially after knowing who Hyomin was. “It’s been almost a week since you visited us…”

“Mianhe, both of us has been busy. I have to attend to my other patients and Hyomin has her appointments.” Dara explained.

Mrs. Choi, understanding the two’s schedule, didn’t inquire any further. She looked at Hyomin and asked, “How are you, dear?”

“I’m fine, Mrs. Choi. I mean Auntie Choi.” Hyomin corrected. The lady told her to call her Auntie.

“That’s good.” Mrs. Choi said. Hyomin kept looking around and not joining the small chat between Mrs. Choi and Dara. “Hyomin, would you like to look around?” Mrs Choi asked.

Hyomin nodded.

“I will call Soo to accompany you.”

Hyomin shook her head. “It’s ok Mrs., I mean Auntie Choi. She’s resting. Let’s not disturb her sleep.” Hyomin didn’t want to disturb Sooyoung who had just come back this morning from hospital duty. Besides, she is still not comfortable with the sleeping girl.

“But…” Mrs Choi was going to insist but then she sighed in defeat. “Are you sure you’ll be alright?”

 Hyomin nodded both to Mrs Choi and Dara to say that she’ll be fine.

Hyomin went to the backyard. It was relaxing. The Chois must have had their gathering in the backyard. Maybe her family too. Nothing. There were no memory flashes. Nothing. Hyomin sat on one of the chairs. She closed her eyes and breathed in the air. Still nothing.

Getting bored, Hyomin decided to walk around the house. She was walking slowly when she heard Dara asked, “About Hyomin?” Hyomin was curious hearing her name. She leaned her back on the wall and decided to listen to the conversation. She knew eavesdropping is bad but she could not help it afterall they were talking about her.

“I thought it would be best to talk to you about this since you are Hyomin’s family and doctor.” Mrs Choi paused then continued after Dara nodded. “The first time you visited... After you left, I learned something about Hyomin’s past. I didn’t know how to break this information but I think now is the best to tell you first.

My visitors that day were friends of my daughter and they happen to know Hyomin. They all thought she was dead and were all shock to learn that Hyomin was alive. You see only one of them saw Hyomin and we only learn this information after you left.” Mrs Choi explained to Dara why they didn’t tell them immediately. Dara assumed it must be the girl who looked so shock. She told the older lady that she understands the situation and asked her to continue. So Mrs. Choi continued to narrate everything to Dara what happened after they left. Everything even about Sunny and Hyomin. She even shared how they dealt with losing Hyomin especially how Sunny dealt with it.

Outside, Hyomin was leaning on the wall listening intently how her story was being unfold to her by the most convenient way possible… eavesdropping. She looked at the house across the street. Sunny’s house. “So that’s why you looked like you saw a ghost that day. I was your ghost…” Hyomin said while staring at Hyomin’s house.

“I’ve always known you’re weird. But I didn’t know that even after all these years you’ll still be weird.” Chaerin said as she walked and leaned her back on the wall facing Hyomin. She saw Hyomin in the Choi’s backyard. When she finally mustered up her courage to approach Hyomin, she went to walk to the other girl who was leaning on the wall. Accidentally she heard the conversation inside. She watches as Hyomin eavesdrop about her past.

Hyomin didn’t say anything. Both of them continue to eavesdrop.

“So what are you doing here?” Chaerin asked the obvious not knowing how to start the conversation. “Don’t worry, we can hear them but they can’t hear us from inside.”

“Trying to remember my past.” Hyomin replied.

“How was it?”

“Learning about my past is convenient.” Hyomin answered referring to how she conveniently eavesdrops her way to her past revelation. “But I still don’t remember anything.”

Chaerin let out a small laugh. She didn’t know what else to say. It must have been confusing for Hyomin right now.

“What are you doing here?” Hyomin asked cutting her thoughts.

“I was writing. Then I got tired so I went to get some food from the fridge. That’s when I saw you from walked over here from the backyard. So…yeah. I’m here.” The younger girl blabbered.  

“Writing?” Hyomin asked curiously.

“Uhuh. Songs.” Chaerin answered with a grin.

“Oh…” was all Hyomin can say. She wanted to ask further but she held back because she just met this girl. She knew this girl before but she has forgotten about her so technically she just met her. Hyomin was debating inside her mind.

“Do you want to see them?” Chaerin asked. She wanted to know Hyomin’s honest opinion on her works. And it’s also one way she can reconnect with Hyomin.

Hyomin eyes lighten up, “Sure”. Both smiling, they went inside Chaerin’s house.

“Here. I’ve been working on this for daaays.” Chaerin showed a piece of paper with lots of revisions. “It’s actually a rap song.”

Hyomin raised her eyebrow. “Interesting.” She thought out loud.

“You think so?” Chaerin heard it and was glad that Hyomin thought it was interesting. “Do you want me to show you?”

Hyomin nodded and took a seat on the chair ready to watch an impromptu performance. The younger girl started her own rap.

“So?” Chaerin asked expectantly.

“You have swag. It’s really good. It’s… well-structured.” Hyomin said trying to find the right word.

Chaerin was confused with Hyomin’s choice of words. She thought maybe Hyomin is still being weird ancd awkward and maybe it’s a compliment.

Hyomin seeing the confused face on Chaerin continued to explain, “Well-structured. You’re song is well-structured. It’s good but not great. I mean… there has to be more flow.” Hyomin explained hoping that Chaerin will get her message. “CL is a great choice of name. It fits you well.” Hyomin added.

Suddenly Hyomin’s phone rang and it was Dara. “I have to go. Unnie is looking for me. Umm… thanks for showing me your rap. Bye.” Hyomin bid her goodbye awkwardly.

“Wait! What do you mean I have no flow?” Chaerin asked. Everyone says she has swag and her rapping skill is superb. No one has ever said she has no flow.

“I didn’t say you have no flow. There’s no doubt that you have it. What I said was the song will be great to have more flow.” Hyomin explained. “I really have to go, Unnie is waiting for me.”

Chaerin was stil going to ask further not wanting to let go of Hyomin until this matter is settled.

Hyomin said, “I’ll explain in another day. I really have to go.”

“Arasso.” Chaerin said but not without exchanging numbers with Hyomin. She’s holding onto Hyomin’s words of explaining it to her further. Chaerin is very passionate about her craft and if Hyomin can help her, she would not let the chance pass by.

--

Hyomin is staring outside the window while playing some random tune in the piano. A lot of things are playing on her mind. First, she is waiting for news from Soyeon about the songs she wrote.

Music is the way Hyomin used to express her thoughts and emotions. She has always been told to never bottle her feelings up. She has people she can talk to like Dara, Sang Hyun (Thunder) and Soyeon. Dara and Sang Hyun are her cousins and Soyeon is like a family.

Hyomin has natural talent in music writing. When she was having a hard time finding out who she was the first time, she ran to music. She stumbled upon an underground rap battle and immediately fell in love with rap. Initially she writes raps or the rap parts in some of the hit songs.

She hides herself in a pseudo name- PS which stands for Park Sunyoung. Park is her real name and Sunyoung is the name given to her by the family who saved her. For meetings, it’s either Soyeon or Sang Hyun who attends them and in very very rare occasions even Dara. All of them have PS as initials, so the clients can assume that one of them is the composer.

It was Hyomin’s first time to write a ballad. And it was because of her. Sunny. It has been weeks since their heartfelt encounter. It has been weeks since their first and maybe last conversation. It was because of that encounter and Sunny that Hyomin ever composed “Bo Go Ship Da” (I Miss You).

 

Flashback

  

Hyomin thought that knowing about her past will make things better. She was wrong, she only feels worse. She knows her past but remember nothing. She has talked to Dara but still her troubles were not yet gone. Not knowing who else to approach, Hyomin went to the place she visits often… her grave.

“I really don’t know what to do. Will you help me?” Hyomin asked her own grave. It might look pathetic talking to a bodiless grave even more if it’s your own grave but Hyomin has overcome that thought. Ironically she finds peace. Hyomin felt someone was staring at her.

Sunny.

It was the second time Hyomin has faced the girl again. The first time that they stared at each other. She can see all the emotions from Sunny’s eyes. It’s too overwhelming that Hyomin can feel the hurt in her eyes. Hyomin couldn’t help but feel responsible for the sadness and hurt she can see in the latter’s eyes.   

“Hi.” Hyomin greeted awkwardly. “Did you come to visit me? I mean the dead me? I mean the Hyomin you knew?”

Sunny didn’t answer.

“I also came here often. To talk to her. I mean me.” Hyomin glanced at Sunny who is standing next to her. She could really knock herself out for talking nonsense.

Sunny can feel Hyomin’s gaze on her. She misses Hyomin and standing next to her feels surreal. She is using all her might not to hug Hyomin tightly. She is afraid that she might just lose it and scare Hyomin. She is afraid to lose her again. But she doesn’t have the strength and courage to stay with her. She is afraid that the life she has started to build will come crumbling back again. She’s afraid.

“I was told never to bottle my feeling up to myself.” Sensing no response from the latter, Hyomin said, “I can leave if you wanted to be alone.” She started to leave but Sunny held her arm.

“Stay.” Sunny said meekly but loud enough for Hyomin to hear.

Hyomin stayed.

“Will she ever come back?” Sunny asked making Hyomin look at her. Sunny looked back at Hyomin before continuing, “The Hyomin I loved and who loves me. Will she ever come back?”

“How I wish I can say yes.” Hyomin spoke the truth.

Looking at the grave, Sunny said, “I thought I have moved on. Obviously I haven’t. I am still holding onto her even after all these years. After all the efforts I’ve made.”

Sunny really loved Hyomin. And Hyomin loved Sunny. How she wish some miracle can happen to help her remember this.

“I think now I should move on and start living my life. Moving on has been 5 years overdue.”

Hyomin can feel the heaviness in Sunny’s words. How Sunny mustered up all her strength and energy to finally say goodbye. “We both need to move on.” That’s all she can say because suddenly there seems to be a lump blocking .

 “Goodbye”

“Goodbye”