Stay With Me

Playlist

Stay With Me – Taeyang feat GD

Minyeon. Sequel to Wedding Dress. :)

 

Though Hyomin still couldn’t believe that Jiyeon is the bride, he still continue try to focus on his work. Jiyeon has reached the altar. “We are gathered here today to witness the union of Myung Soo and Jiyeon.” The priest started the ceremony.

Click.

Hyomin could see Jiyeon looking straight at him from behind the lens. Is she trying to say something? Maybe it’s nothing. Is it bad to look at the camera? Maybe she wants a good shot. This bride has been giving me headaches since yesterday.

Jiyeon couldn’t help but let out a small laugh after looking at Hyomin’s confused face.

“What’s so funny?” Myung Soo asked.

Hyomin, the photographer is making cute troubled faces because I told him I’m escaping this wedding. Jiyeon wanted to say this to the groom instead she said, “Nothing.” Did he really take me seriously? Sigh. She then tried to listen to the priest.

“Marriage is the beautiful union of two hearts inlove. It’s a promise to stay and love each other for the rest of your life.”

Jiyeon remembers her conversation with Hyomin yesterday. Jiyeon look at the altar, the priest, at Myung Soo then at Hyomin whose words keep haunting her since yesterday. She smiled.

Jiyeon stood up.

The priest stopped talking.

The crowd fell silent.

The clicking of the camera stopped.

“What’s wrong?” Myung Soo asked while holding Jiyeon’s hand.

She pulled her hand. Looked at him before turning around and running towards the door from where she entered.

Everyone was shock after what they just witnessed. Did the bride just run away? The first to get to their senses were the bride and groom’s parents. Both the bride and groom’s mother went to find Jiyeon. Both the bride and groom’s fathers keep telling the guests to stay put because the wedding is still on. The coordinator and her team went to search for the bride.

“You!” The coordinator called the still shock Hyomin.

“Huh?”

“Why are you just standing there? Help us find the bride. Your pictures are of no use if the bride is missing!” The coordinator called out obviously stressed because of the turn of events. After hours, everyone started to leave because they called off the wedding. They went home leaving the coordinator to clean up the decorations and Hyomin and his assistant to pack up their equipment. Hyomin looked around from the altar, to the aisle and then to where he and Jiyeon sat yesterday. “What a day…”

While walking to the parking lot, his assistant called him, “Boss.”

“Yes”

“Actually…one of the bridesmaids invited me to hang out and…”

“Hay hay… arasso. Go. I’ll handle everything.”

“Really? You’re the best boss. I owe you one. You can come if you want.”

“Yes, you owe me one. Now go before I change my mind.”

The assistant rushed to meet the bridesmaid who was waiting outside. Hyomin opened the van and was shock.

“Everything okay?” One of the guests asked.

“Yes, just some insect flew to my face.” Hyomin reasoned out. The guy just nods then ride his car leaving Hyomin. Hyomin placed the equipment to the van and drive to the studio.

“Thank you” A voice said behind, startling Hyomin.

“Don’t do that. You scared the hell out of me.”

“Sorry. I didn’t know you are that jumpy.”

“Who wouldn’t? Knowing that the missing bride is at the back of his van?!”

“I have no choice. I couldn’t find a motorcycle so I settle for this van.”

Hyomin smiled remembering their conversation yesterday. “Well I left the motorcycle in the studio. I figure this van is more suitable for escaping.” They reach the studio and Hyomin parked the van behind the building. He unload the equipment. “What’s your plan?”

“I don’t have anywhere else to go. I don’t have money. And I can’t go back home.”

“Didn’t you plan everything out?”

Jiyeon shook her head. “I only made up my mind that very moment I stood up and ran.”

Hyomin look at Jiyeon. He doesn’t know what he’s going to do. He does not want to get into this mess but he can’t just leave the girl alone. He released a very long breathe. Hyomin took off his jacket and put it in Jiyeon’s shoulders. “You can stay at my house.”

“Thank you. I owe you one.” Jiyeon said with teary eyes.

“Let’s go before I change my mind.” Jiyeon followed Hyomin.

“This is your bike?”

“Yeah. What’s wrong?”

“I thought it was one of those big bikes. But this one is just a scooter.”

“Yah! Yah! How dare you insult my Vespa? You know what? I change my mind.”

“Aniyo. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. Please let me ride your Vespa and let me stay at your house.”

--

They reached Hyomin’s house. Jiyeon followed Hyomin inside. It’s homy and warm. Suddenly a kid ran to Hyomin. “Aaaaaapppppppaaa!”

“Shannon. I thought you were sleeping?”

“I was but I heard you come inside so I ran to you shouting Aaaaappppaaa because I really miss you, Appa.”

“Hahaha. I miss you too.”

Appa? Hyomin is a father to this child? He has a family?

Shannon looked to her side and saw a beautiful woman wearing a long white dress. Jiyeon can swear that it’s just like in the cartoons. Shannon’s eyes become round as it can be and slowly shaped into an O.

“EOOOOOOMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” She shouted and run to hug Jiyeon.

Eomma? Umma?! Jiyeon gave shock and questioning look to Hyomin.

Hyomin pulled Shannon from Jiyeon. Her face is full of shining because of happiness. “Shannon, it’s not Umma. What did I tell you about Umma?”

“That Umma is an Angel and she lives in heaven. She’s looking after me everyday because she loves me very much.”

“That’s correct.”

“But Appa, she is Umma! She’s all white and pretty. You said angels are very pretty and dress in all white. She came down from heaven that’s why she needs to hide her wings. She is Umma.”

“Park Shannon.” Hyomin said and the kid kept quiet. Hyomin felt guilty but he does not know how to handle this situation. Shannon is a kid who thought that the woman in front of her is her mother while Jiyeon just escaped her own wedding. What a day… “Well don’t you think it’s rude that you are not introducing yourself to our guest?”

Shannon walked to Jiyeon and said, “I’m sorry. I’m Park Shannon.”

Jiyeon giggled and said, “Nice to meet you, Park Shannon. I’m Park Jiyeon.”

Shannon was just staring at Jiyeon. She is an angel. Park Jiyeon? I’m Park Shannon. Appa is Park Hyomin. Her name is Park Jiyeon. She is Umma. Maybe Appa wanted to keep it a secret and surprise me… Shannon smiled widely making Jiyeon smile at the very cute girl. Shannon went to Hyomin and hugged him. “Appa, I’m going back to bed. Goodnight. I love you!”

“Good girl. I love you too.” He is surprised at Shannon’s changed in attitude. He thought Shannon will argue with him all night. Shannon said goodnight to Jiyeon before going to her room.

“You can wash and use some of my clothes. My room is right there just across Shannon’s.” He knew that Jiyeon is curious about what had just happened. Sigh. What a long day…

Jiyeon changed in Hyomin’s clothes. She was looking at some pictures while waiting for Hyomin who is taking a bath. She is looking at some pictures of a younger Hyomin with his parents and picures of Hyomin and Shannon. She doesn’t find any picture of Hyomin, Shannon and Shannon’s mother. She wonders what happened.

“Here.” Hyomin gave her a bottle of beer and went outside at the back garden. It was quiet, they were just sitting and watching the stars when Hyomin started to speak. “I was sixteen when we moved to Japan because my father was assigned there. A year later my mom got pregnant of Shannon. We were on our way home that day; me, my dad and my mom who was 8 months pregnant. Out of nowhere a truck came to our car. They found my father dead, my mom was barely breathing and I was heavily injured. They tried to save both the baby and my mom but my mom never made it. I woke up that day knowing that it’s only me and Shannon. My mom loved that name. After a year, I went back to Korea with Shannon. I was 19 then while Shannon was one. Our parents left us a fortune but I choose to return here. This house is where I grew up. This is the only place I know where Shannon and I can be close to our parents.” 

While listening, Jiyeon can only imagine what Hyomin had been through. “Does Shannon knows this? She keeps calling you Appa.”

Hyomin giggled. “Her first words were Appa. I tried to correct her saying ‘Oppa’ not ‘Appa’. But she’s very stubborn and keeps insisting on calling me Appa so I give up and let her be. I told her that Appa and Umma are in heaven and are angels. She thought I was just talking about my parents. She keeps on asking about her Umma and even cried all night. So I told her that she is an angel who keeps watching over her. I told her that if she stays a good girl then she will see her Umma.”

“Then why did she call me Umma?”

“You were all dressed in white. And… and that kid has so much imagination for a five year old.” Hyomin said making both of them laugh.

“Our parents arranged my and Myung Soo’s wedding. Our parents were planning on merging both businesses. I’m a girl who always gets what I want. Everything but Myung Soo. He loves someone else. His parents never approved of the girl so they made the wedding arrangement partly because they knew that I had been chasing over Myung Soo. After all the chasing I’ve done and being rejected, finally, I will get to be married to him. I should be happy and celebrating. But I wasn’t. Not when the guy I’m marrying is in love with someone else. You must think of me as crazy and stupid for letting that chance go…”

“I’ve always thought you were crazy.” Hyomin said smiling. “But I think you made the right decision. You definitely deserve someone better.”

“Thanks”

--

Hyomin woke up early to prepare breakfast for Shannon who has to go to school. He went to Shannon’s room to wake her up but didn’t find the girl. He went to his room and find Shannon sleeping hugging Jiyeon. He should have known better that Shannon would never give in so easily. She must have walked to sleep with her. Hyomin went near them and poked Shannon’s cheek repeatedly.

“Shannon, wake up.” He whispered careful not to wake up Jiyeon.

“Appa?”

“Shhshh.” He carried the half asleep Shannon to the kitchen. The kid did her morning routine as usual.

“Ready?” Hyomin asked. The kid just nod and ready to walk outside when she stopped and rushed to Hyomin’s room.

It’s not a dream. It’s real. Umma is here. She ran outside and waited for her school bus.

--

Jiyeon has been living with them for days. She even let Shannon call her Umma because like what Hyomin she gave up and let her be. She also moved to Shannon’s room much the kid’s delight. And Hyomin get to sleep back to his own room. After all, Shannon has been sleeping beside her every night.

They were having dinner when Shannon showed something to them.

“Who are they?” Jiyeon asked.

“This is Appa (pointing at the tall boy), me (pointing at the little girl) and Umma (pointing at the person with wings)”

“Me?”

“Neh. You’re an angel so you have wings. And you always wear Appa’s shirt and shorts so this is you Umma wearing Appa’s clothes with wings.”

Hyomin burst out laughing making the two girls laugh as well.

--

It is Shannon’s birthday and both Jiyeon and Hyomin are decorating the house. They plan to pick up Shannon later from school.

Knock knock.

Jiyeon opened the door. “Appa?”

“Jiyeon. May I come in?”

“Mr. Park.” Hyomin was surprised to see Jiyeon’s father.

“You’re the photographer at the wedding. I came here for my daughter.”

“I’ll leave you two alone.” Hyomin said.

“Hyomin…” Jiyeon called and went to him.

“I’ll go pick her up.”

“I thought we’re picking Shannon up together?” She said holding Hyomin’s hand.

“It’ll be fine. Besides your father is here.” Hyomin caressed her cheek before leaving.

Jiyeon’s father watch the scene before he said, “I have been looking for you. Your Umma is really worried. Jiyeon ah, let’s go home.”

--

Shannon is really excited because her Appa and Umma are picking her up. Finally she can prove to her classmates that she her Umma is real. She has been telling everyone that her Umma is an angel. Recently, she’s telling that her Umma is staying with her in her house. But no one believes her that’s why she is excited for today.

Hyomin has been waiting outside the school. His mind is with Jiyeon. He knew that her father came to take Jiyeon home. He knew that there is a possibility that they won’t see Jiyeon when they get home. He does not want to think about it. But he has to face that possibility. Just thinking about it… breaks his heart.

Shannon is expecting to see Jiyeon. What will she feel if she found out that Jiyeon will not be living with us anymore? It will hurt her. It’ll hurt me.

“Appa!”

“Shannon!” She hug the kid. “Happy birthday.”

“Where’s my present?”

“At home.”

Shannon looked around. “Where’s Umma?”

“…” Hyomin couldn’t say anything. He cannot find the words to answer Shannon because he himself is afraid of the answer. He was looking at Shannon with sad eyes making the kid frown.

“Surprise!”

“Jiyeon?”

“Umma!” Shannon went to hug Jiyeon.

Jiyeon carried the girl. “Were you surprised to see me?” The kid just nod and hugged Jiyeon tightly before rushing to find her friends to bragged about her Umma.

Hyomin looked at Jiyeon still not saying anything. “Surprised?” Jiyeon asked.

Hyomin rushed to hug Jiyeon tightly just like what Shannon did. “I thought I was never going to see you again.”

Jiyeon was surprised by what Hyomin did and said but she returns the hug. “Afraid of losing me?” she teased though she really want to hear the answer.

“Yes, I’m afraid to lose you.” Hyomin faced Jiyeon and caressed her face. “I’m afraid of not being able to see you everyday… To be with you.”

Jiyeon looked at Hyomin. They stare at each other’s eyes before starting to lean in….

“Umma! Appa! Palli! I want you to meet my friends!”

--

On the way home, they have been talking, laughing and even singing. They opened the house…

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!”

Their neighbors and some of their close friends are there to celebrate. Hyomin was surprised to see Jiyeon’s parents who stayed to celebrate Shannon’s birthday.

“Happy birthday Shannon.” The couple said.

“Thank you but who are you?”

“We are Jiyeon’s parents.”

“Umma’s parents? Then you’re also angels like Umma.”

Jiyeon’s parents have confused faces. “Angels?”

“Neh. I grew up just knowing Appa. When I ask for Umma, he said that she is an angel. And if I am a good girl then I will get to see Umma one day. Then one day Umma came to our lives from the heaven. So if you are Umma’s parents then you also came from the heaven. Are there any more angels here? I should go look around. Nice to meet you Umma’s Appa and Umma’s Umma.” Shannon said before she went to look around for ‘angels’.

--

Most of the guests have left but Jiyeon’s parents who are talking to Jiyeon at the back garden. He still can’t shrug off the feeling that this is goodbye. Jiyeon might leave them after tonight.

“Appa”

Hyomin kneeled down to face the kid and asked, “Why are you still up?”

She hugged Hyomin. “Thank you.”

He return the hug and said, “You’re welcome. Are you happy?”

Shannon nod. “Very happy because Appa is always here for me. And because Appa always grants my wishes.”

“Appa will never leave you alone.”

“Promise? Promise that you won’t leave me and go to heaven with my real Umma and Appa?”

“Shannon…”

“I know my real Umma and Appa are in heaven. I know you are my Oppa but I keep calling you Appa because I want to have Appa here with me…”

“Shannon, you can call me Appa. I’ll be your Appa for the rest of your life. And I will always be here for you. I will not leave you alone.”

“I know you will not leave me alone. Appa has been keeping all his promises. Like bringing Umma here to our house. And I know Umma will leave us soon. But I am still happy because I get to spend time with Umma.”

“Who said Umma is going to leave?” Both Shannon and Hyomin were surprised to see Jiyeon and her parents who were all crying. “It’s unfair that you let Appa by your side but not Umma. Umma wants to be by your side too. I want to be with you and Appa forever.”

“Jinja?” Shannon asked.

Jiyeon nod and Shannon went to hug Jiyeon.

Hyomin went to them. He wiped Jiyeon’s tears and said, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They kissed.

Then Shannon shouted, “This is the best birthday ever!!”

--

Jiyeon woke up in the middle of the night. She found Hyomin still working on his laptop.

“Work?” She asked.

“Uhuh”

Jiyeon smirked and went to Hyomin. Hyomin who was sitting on the couch looked up to Jiyeon when the girl was beside her. She took the laptop away and put it in the table. Then she sat on Hyomin’s lap. Hyomin smiled before he kissed Jiyeon. They were making out. They thought Shannon will not interrupt them this time because the kid is asleep but….

“Umma?” The kid asked half asleep.

“Shannon?!”

“Where are you?” Shannon asked. She cannot see Hyomin and Jiyeon because she was still half asleep and the lights were off.

“I’m here. I just went to get some water. I also gave Appa water because he said he wanted too.”

Hyomin can just smile.

--

“Shannon…”

“Appa?”

“What do you think about Umma moving in to the room with me?”

“Why?”

“Eventually she have to..”

“Why?”

“When we get married.”

“… Wah! Daebak! You’re marrying Umma?! Yes! When tomorrow? But I have school tomorrow. Maybe teacher will excuse me.”

“Hahaha.. not tomorrow but soon.”

--

The beautiful bride walked down the aisle. The groom can’t help but smile when he sees his bride.

“Plan on escaping?”

“Not on this wedding.” Jiyeon teased.